Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

To the glory of God, we landed Toronto, Canada on the 11th of May, 2015. We boarded Turkish Airline and it was a great one using them as they kept to time and their level of hospitality was second to none. 10 hours in flight from Istanbul to Toronto.

At the Canada boarder services, we just submitted the COPR and our passport plus the custom's card and we presented our address to receive the PR card.That was it. We were not asked any question but were welcomed to Canada. We were then ushered to the front desk lady who presented us with all the necessary information and leaflets to handle SIN registration and every other things.

At the custom point, our luggages were not checked at all. Everything went so cool. I will be residing in Toronto, Canada with my family. Still enjoying my new found home. It is presently cold and they are equally having a bit of rain showers. I am really greatful to God.

I wish you all well. Cheers.

Congratulations on your landing. God is faithful that promised. May he bless u in your "new home".

Cheers

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
oreke said:
Hello House!

Glory be to the Almighty.

Delivered of a Cana baby boy on May 1st, 2015.
Congratulations. Our greetings to Mum and Baby. it is well.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

To the glory of God, we landed Toronto, Canada on the 11th of May, 2015. We boarded Turkish Airline and it was a great one using them as they kept to time and their level of hospitality was second to none. 10 hours in flight from Istanbul to Toronto.

At the Canada boarder services, we just submitted the COPR and our passport plus the custom's card and we presented our address to receive the PR card.That was it. We were not asked any question but were welcomed to Canada. We were then ushered to the front desk lady who presented us with all the necessary information and leaflets to handle SIN registration and every other things.

At the custom point, our luggages were not checked at all. Everything went so cool. I will be residing in Toronto, Canada with my family. Still enjoying my new found home. It is presently cold and they are equally having a bit of rain showers. I am really greatful to God.

Congrats buddy...wish you and the family the very best.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
oreke said:
Hello House!
Congrats on your new boy...
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
pickabeau said:
This is to inform the house I and my family finally landed on 2 May. We came in via airfrance....los to cdg to yyz.

The officers were pleasant and signed the declaration forms with no issues

No customs issues as we are not bringing major items from naija

No POF issues aside the normal if you have currency on you...we only had cash.

Since it was a weekend we can't get SIN yet

We eventually took a connecting flight to Regina. Saskatchewan where we are staying with friends.

We will arrange accommodation later

Its 2 am here.
Once its morning we will do the SIN, sort out bank arrangements and maybe school too.

All the best to those still waiting
Welcome.....
Congrats to you and the family...
Wishing you the very best.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ty said:
l would advice that you get the normal FRSC license instead of the international one, we made the same mistake and even considering travelling back to naija to get it. You see, with the international one, you can only drive for 3 mths here in alberta and it can be exchanged for their class 7 GDL i.e. learner's permit and you can't drive alone except you have someone with a full non-GDL license by your side, and there are other conditions too but with the regular one, you just write the test, do road test and you get the class 5 non-GDL. The implication is that with class 7 GDL, it will take another 3 yrs before you become a full class 5 non-GDL why wait 3 yrs when you can get it immediately and for most jobs here, you are required to have a class 5.
Go to www.saferoads.com to understand the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system
Nice tips....
I wouldn't like to contest the points above but I have a Nigerian friend(Close one) that was able to exchange his international passport for GDL class 5(given clearance to do GDL class 5 road test).
Realistically,not sure there your international passport will be be exchanged for GDL class 7 because you ONLY get GDL class 7 license if you have passed the knowledge test which means that you can never get your GDL class 7 without writing the test.
Unless an international driving license was denied on the basis of non-suitability,it will not be exchanged for GDL class 7 because the only criteria to get GDL class 7 is to write the test.
I am of the opinion that the Special investigation Unit will give you the main reason why the international license was denied.
Summarily,from my friends practical experience,he was denied to do advance road test because of the international driver license he presented and was granted to do the GDL class 5 road test.
Do inform the house when you know the reason why the international driving license was denied to be upgraded to GDL class 5.
On my own,I will try to find out more info.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
sega03 said:
Hello good people,

Please, join me and thank the Lord, as we always say here, as it has ended in praise for me and my household.

I got my PPR on the 11th March and passports sent same day. Received in Accra on the 14th March. On the 20th March, got another mail from Accra questioning me why I have two valid passports. Here's the thing, I have or had a valid Canadian WX-1 visa on an older passport of mine and the pages were filled up and had to get a new passport which was the one I was using for the application. At the time, I didn't think it was necessary for me to send an older passport as it had been cancelled at the point of renewal despite the few valid visas on it. Sent the older passport on the same day and explained that the passport had indeed been cancelled.

On the 31st checked, ECAS and decision made. So I kept refreshing my mails and hoping the pickup mail will drop in a day or two. Brethren, nothing happened. Week 1, week 2. I started fretting and getting uneasy as I had to use my passport on the 27th April. Didn't have a choice than to send a mail and CSE to Accra. Still no response. I was expecting the worst but at this stage I just wanted my passport back as it'd be stupid to toy with my livelihood as I wasn't sure Accra was up to again.

Send a message to gentleandrew, he gave me the calm needed to proceed. Told me to send the mail again and raise the CSE. I did and attached my flight details etc as I had done previously.

1:03pm, 23rd April pick up arrived. Initiated the pickup with DHL same day. Didn't get any reference number nor tracking number all through Friday. Called DHL Accra to confirm if they did pick up the documents, they told me the lady to confirm that has gone to the hospital....at this point, couldn't care about that lack of professionalism as I just wanted my passport back.

On my way to the DHL branch where I initiated the pickup, they called from NAHCO that my package is ready to for pick up so I just went straight to pick it up.

I was so nervous that I almost ripped one of the CoPRs apart.

The immigrant visas and CoPR all there and the visas were issued on the 26th March. Incredible!

And I was able to make the other visa application I needed to make on the 28th April.

Good is good. I can confirm that. Help me give a shout to Andrew, that man has got the spirit of the most High about him.

My details is on the 2014 spreadsheet but I enjoy this house more. So seniors, my timeline from Medicals is all included in this post.

For those expectant, the desires of your hearts will never be cut short. It will, by His grace, all end in praise. Amen.
My congratulatory wishes...sorry in arrears.
Congrats to you and the family.
Cheers.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

Congratulations Gentleandrew, All the very best!!

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Congrats gentle Andrew on ur landing. May God bless you and family

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
kollins said:
Nice tips....
I wouldn't like to contest the points above but I have a Nigerian friend(Close one) that was able to exchange his international passport for GDL class 5(given clearance to do GDL class 5 road test).
Realistically,not sure there your international passport will be be exchanged for GDL class 7 because you ONLY get GDL class 7 license if you have passed the knowledge test which means that you can never get your GDL class 7 without writing the test.
Unless an international driving license was denied on the basis of non-suitability,it will not be exchanged for GDL class 7 because the only criteria to get GDL class 7 is to write the test.
I am of the opinion that the Special investigation Unit will give you the main reason why the international license was denied.
Summarily,from my friends practical experience,he was denied to do advance road test because of the international driver license he presented and was granted to do the GDL class 5 road test.
Do inform the house when you know the reason why the international driving license was denied to be upgraded to GDL class 5.
On my own,I will try to find out more info.
Cheers.
I think kollins is right as I was told the same thing @the Registry. Once you pass the online test. You get the class 7 GDL, u can practice with dat for 1yr before going for road test to get the 5Gdl, then you wait for another 2-3yrs before going for advanced road test to get the 5 non-GdL. But with my international licence, I don't have to wait for 1yr to do road test for 5GDL. I can do it once am ready with class 7 and after approval from Govt when u submit ur international licence(verification)

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Chingy said:
I think kollins is right as I was told the same thing @ the Registry. Once you pass the online test. You get the class 7 GDL, u can practice with dat for 1yr before going for road test to get the 5Gdl, then you wait for another 2-3yrs before going for advanced road test to get the 5 non-GdL. But with my international licence, I don't have to wait for 1yr to do road test for 5GDL. I can do it once am ready with class 7 and after approval from Govt when u submit ur international licence(verification)
guys let me give you my experience here with ICBC in Vancouver....They do not recognize International Drivers License (IDL) for Class 5 drivers license application (They only accept that as a license to drive for 3 months) so you will have to do a road test be given a class 7 license and go through the graduated program if that is the only document you have from your home country...

Requirements to get a full class 5 license if you do not have license from Germany, UK etc that have agreements with ICBC

- A full DL from your home country which you should have received (or shows) you have been driving in your home country for at least 2 years (the license from your home country will be taken from your immediately you pass your written test and book for a class 5 road test because ICBC do not accept you keep licenses from 2 different countries)

OR

What I will advise is if you do not have a valid DL please just get a note of competence from your licensing authority showing your License number and a prove of the date you were first issued a drivers license because that is all they need and here in Vancouver they have a way of verifying this information via the federal government in Ottawa.

MY Advise...

Please if you do not have a full DL please try to get a note of competence from your local DL authority with details of your license number and when it was issued (I know this is already in the international DL booklet but you need to be safe...they will have to verify you have driven for more than 2 years back home else you have to go through the graduated program)...

Is my experience and you know experience teaches best.... PM me if you have any concerns.

Oboy

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats Oreke. First Canadian baby in 2013 set.

oreke said:
Hello House!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Congrats GENTLEANDREW. May God bless all your endeavors.

GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations oreke on your Canadian bundle of Joy, wishing you all success and God's blessings.

oreke said:
Hello House!