+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
People!!!!!...I need all the assistance in the world now o..cos this cant be happening
, I am going to post below the mail I recieved from AVO on friday the 6th of march...Pls go through and tell me what you think I can do:

I have now completed the assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

You were asked in a letter sent on November 20, 2014 to provide evidence that you had available funds in order to immigrate to Canada. This letter informed you that your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer and we also gave you the opportunity to respond to our concerns. I have received the requested proofs of funds and I have determined that you are not eligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financial requirements necessary for a family of 4 persons ($22, 170) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Your bank statements indicate large deposits which are considered questionable and do not reflect your regular income and savings you would have made over the past 3 years. I am not satisfied all those funds belong to you.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you meet all the requirements under the Federal Skilled Workers Class and I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

That is the l mail o...the money was even in excess with evidences and teller of deposits, payslips etc...Maybe I wasnt detailed in explain the transfers bcos I included evidences I dont what happen...what can I do should I resend the same thing explain every line in detail again ,as I have already prepared that? or should I get a lawyer? If a lawyer is needed now which can you STRONGLY recommend that can deliver favourable results?...Pls people help o..this is not a good news for the family after all the effort since 2013...I need HELP!!!!!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gofame said:
People!!!!!...I need all the assistance in the world now o..cos this cant be happening
, I am going to post below the mail I recieved from AVO on friday the 6th of march...Pls go through and tell me what you think I can do:

I have now completed the assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

You were asked in a letter sent on November 20, 2014 to provide evidence that you had available funds in order to immigrate to Canada. This letter informed you that your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer and we also gave you the opportunity to respond to our concerns. I have received the requested proofs of funds and I have determined that you are not eligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financial requirements necessary for a family of 4 persons ($22, 170) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Your bank statements indicate large deposits which are considered questionable and do not reflect your regular income and savings you would have made over the past 3 years. I am not satisfied all those funds belong to you.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Based on the information that is available, I am not satisfied that you meet all the requirements under the Federal Skilled Workers Class and I am therefore refusing your application.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

That is the l mail o...the money was even in excess with evidences and teller of deposits, payslips etc...Maybe I wasnt detailed in explain the transfers bcos I included evidences I dont what happen...what can I do should I resend the same thing explain every line in detail again ,as I have already prepared that? or should I get a lawyer? If a lawyer is needed now which can you STRONGLY recommend that can deliver favourable results?...Pls people help o..this is not a good news for the family after all the effort since 2013...I need HELP!!!!!

This is really tough. If possible, can you post the letter you sent to them here so that people can read it to give their opinions. For a period of 3 years that they have mentioned must be the period you have being working and probably feel that with the documentation that you have submitted, you could not have had such a money. Kindly post here and let us reason together.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
This is really tough. If possible, can you post the letter you sent to them here so that people can read it to give their opinions. For a period of 3 years that they have mentioned must be the period you have being working and probably feel that with the documentation that you have submitted, you could not have had such a money. Kindly post here and let us reason together.

GentleAndrew get the picture....I submitted 2 accounts one for me and one for my spouse...for my account basically you will see my salary inflow and expenses done while my spouse's account is where bulk cash and investment are, of which the investment she did was shown with deposit tellers when these where done and collected the proceeds which was worth 3m....the only bulk deposit in my account was 2M which was a sale of property with evidence of the deed of assignment...totaling 5M for a family of 4

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Gofame said:

The skilled worker must

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

God will complete the good work He has started in ur life/family.

Don2263

Dec 17, 2013
Gofame said:

The skilled worker must

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

This is really sad, I believe what you need now is proper legal representation and prayers!. it is well God will surely see you through to ultimate success

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
Gofame said:

Hello Gofame,
i would like to know if you've recieved MR before this mail from AVO? I think the fault could be from your inability to explain in details the transactions that led to the large deposits. i had a similar case [although i'm awaiting verdict/PPR]. i had two large deposits, it was the sale of my car.i provided copies of all the car documents bearing my name and the sales papers including an Affidavit. they sent another mail for POF but no complain about the transaction. just an update as my funds were less than required amount [due to exchange rate issues].
For solution?.....hmmmm...my good friend it's challenging. You could reply providing current account update and also address the transaction issue very well with all available evidence. It just can't end like this. Never. Our seniors please help. :( :mad: :'(

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Gofame said:
GentleAndrew get the picture....I submitted 2 accounts one for me and one for my spouse...for my account basically you will see my salary inflow and expenses done while my spouse's account is where bulk cash and investment are, of which the investment she did was shown with deposit tellers when these where done and collected the proceeds which was worth 3m....the only bulk deposit in my account was 2M which was a sale of property with evidence of the deed of assignment...totaling 5M for a family of 4

What a heart broken news. From my understanding you were not asked to provide further documents within any time frame. It seems the application has been refused. Check your ECAS and find out what they wrote then involve an immigration lawyer immidiately. David may assist, first for AVO to reopen you case and continue processing. You need legal adviser sending another documets at this stage may not help much. Pray and trust God, He will show He is the Almighty in your case. Is well$

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
Gofame said:

The skilled worker must

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

God dey….he will see you through this situation. I guess you were not explicit in your explanations on the sources of your income to AVO, however, I suggest you get a competent immigration lawyer to assist you with this. From your mail, they are more concerned about the source of the inflow into your accounts. You made mention that you submitted your spouse’s account statement, did you provide proof of the source of the inflow into your spouse account? Example, if she is working her payslip etc. When you want to write to AVO, please break down (like A,B,C) the source of all inflows in you peoples account so they can understand it clearly.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Anaviv said:
God dey....he will see you through this situation. I guess you were not explicit in your explanations on the sources of your income to AVO, however, I suggest you get a competent immigration lawyer to assist you with this. From your mail, they are more concerned about the source of the inflow into your accounts. You made mention that you submitted your spouse's account statement, did you provide proof of the source of the inflow into your spouse account? Example, if she is working her payslip etc. When you want to write to AVO, please break down (like A,B,C) the source of all inflows in you peoples account so they can understand it clearly.
You are very correct.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Gofame said:

The skilled worker must

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer
Immigration Section

Yea i agree with you that is not a good news at all and we all are not happy with the tone of the mail.Now we have a problem and the best possible solution is what we are concerned with now-Damage control!Like someone did rightly suggested,you can appeal the judgement via a good legal counsel...be it foreign or local who is well versed in immigration case matters but am afraid that will come with a high fee of which i don't know how financially ready you are to take it head on.Whatever we say here is just merely to soothe your nerves and calm you down a bit to further think better otherwise its only a lawyer that can address this better than what we are doing here.

Now coming back to your explanation ,i think in my own opinion,that the visa officer got suspicious when he saw that in your savings it was only deposit,deposits and deposits but no withdrawal,which logically a savings account doesn't mean it can not be touched to tackle some personal family matters and the time of the deposits tally with maybe few months or just a month prior to submission of application..they look at all this things and i quote the visa officer,'Your bank statements indicate large deposits which are considered questionable and do not reflect your regular income and savings you would have made over the past 3 years. I am not satisfied all those funds belong to you'..and for over a period of 3yrs with a family of 4 depending on the level of income can such amount be kept as savings considering the fact that you run a daily expenses too.so i believe that is the area you overlooked but this depends on the visa officer anyway because we have seen cases worst than this and yet they scaled through.
my advise still stands in line with others...get a good lawyer and then take it from there.We will be in prayers with you and hopefully believed God will turn it around.
Nothing is impossible with God.

kelvin8895

Aug 26, 2014
Hi guys,
how long did it take before u were contacted dat your passport is ready for pick up after u sent your mail. i sent my passport on 13th -feb-2015 to AVO and other documents. and on the 25-feb-2015 i got a mail that i shld send amended schedule A. it seems the one i sent earlier wasnt updated. i have sent it and got to the embassy on 02-march-2015.
i am still wait for favourables response dat i kno God as done.

any one wit info. pls help me.
Thanks

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
I totally agree with you. Pls as advised.

gentleiphy said:
Yea i agree with you that is not a good news at all and we all are not happy with the tone of the mail.Now we have a problem and the best possible solution is what we are concerned with now-Damage control!Like someone did rightly suggested,you can appeal the judgement via a good legal counsel...be it foreign or local who is well versed in immigration case matters but am afraid that will come with a high fee of which i don't know how financially ready you are to take it head on.Whatever we say here is just merely to soothe your nerves and calm you down a bit to further think better otherwise its only a lawyer that can address this better than what we are doing here.

Now coming back to your explanation ,i think in my own opinion,that the visa officer got suspicious when he saw that in your savings it was only deposit,deposits and deposits but no withdrawal,which logically a savings account doesn't mean it can not be touched to tackle some personal family matters and the time of the deposits tally with maybe few months or just a month prior to submission of application..they look at all this things and i quote the visa officer,'Your bank statements indicate large deposits which are considered questionable and do not reflect your regular income and savings you would have made over the past 3 years. I am not satisfied all those funds belong to you'..and for over a period of 3yrs with a family of 4 depending on the level of income can such amount be kept as savings considering the fact that you run a daily expenses too.so i believe that is the area you overlooked but this depends on the visa officer anyway because we have seen cases worst than this and yet they scaled through.
my advise still stands in line with others...get a good lawyer and then take it from there.We will be in prayers with you and hopefully believed God will turn it around.
Nothing is impossible with God.

dauaye

May 10, 2010
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2011
Doc's Request.
Marriage proof--Sept. 18th 2013 but arrived Accra 10th Oct. & Spouse Med Req. 11th oct. spouse Med Done on 16th Oct.
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Jan 11 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
11-01- 2012
Med's Request
10-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013, Spouse medical 16-10-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Oct. 24th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 29th 2013
LANDED..........
June 25th 2014
GoFame,
Stay Calm, God can rewrite the situation.
I read your story and the letter but before my advise, I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. When you filed your application in 2013, did you submit the deed of transfer of the land you sold now to raise that amount?
2. Did you get an estate surveyor to evaluate the property in 2013 and then submitted the Open market value as at 2013 along with your application?
3. in 2013, what did you submit as your proof of fund? How much was in your account when you applied? Did you submit the statement along with your application in 2013?

If you provide answers, then I will give my opinion. There is nothing too difficult for God to do. We will back everything up with prayers.

You can reach me on dauaye@yahoo.com
Wishing you all the best.

I remain
Dauaye.