Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
Chingy said:
Just send d passports, no qualms
@ Chingy, how have you been? any news from AVO?PPR wait is killing me, it has even disrupted my plans. God knows best

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
siddy15 said:
Our PPR email came earlier today exactly a month after we did my newborn's medicals. I give God the glory and pray that everyone still awaiting an update will get theirs within the next couple of days.
Congrats .
Amen to your prayers .
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
canada4mind said:
I need landed snrs to help me with this question. I will be landing this month end with my family: my wife and 2 infants(twins). Please, advice me on all the things we should have in place b4 our journey. We are more kin about the babies. Thanks in advance
Depending on your preferred flight carrier ......you should be fine.
As much as possible ,avoid any Arabian carriers because of your babies.
Get some form of temporary jackets for them......even though the tolerance level is low but it's good to have for their temporary use on arrival before you get suitable ones for them.
Make sure you have shoes for them that will temporarily shield the winter at the airport for them too before you get winter shoes for them after arrival.
Medications .....medications ......have them handy even if you have to look like a chemist/pharmacist ;D.This is necessary before you get your health cards depending on which province you land.....it will be mostly needed in provinces where it takes 3 months from registration date to get your health cards.
Even if you're going to provinces where the health card will be available for you immediately (i.e Alberta ),you still need drugs for immediate attention to your babies for cold,cough and catarrh .
Just like you said,you and spouse can endure but be careful not to expose them unnecessarily because their immune system to cold,catarrh and cough may still be low.
I think you should go with handy food for your kids too especially through out the duration of the flight........prepare well for this stuffs if you're taken any Arabian carrier because of their long flight periods.
For EUROPEAN carriers ,the cumulative flight period is around 16hrs and should be fine for you guys to deal with as opposed to average of about 30 cumulative flight time for Arabian carriers ;D
Cheers.

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
kollins said:
Get some form of temporary jackets for them......even though the tolerance level is low but it's good to have for their temporary use on arrival before you get suitable ones for them.
Make sure you have shoes for them that will temporarily

shield the winter at the airport for them too before you get winter shoes for them after arrival.
Medications .....medications ......have them handy even if you have to look like a chemist/pharmacist ;D.This is necessary before you get your health cards depending on which province you land.....it will be mostly needed in provinces where it takes 3 months from registration date to get your health cards.
Even if you're going to provinces where the health card will be available for you immediately (i.e Alberta ),you still need drugs for immediate attention to your babies for cold,cough and catarrh .
Just like you said,you and spouse can endure but be careful not to expose them unnecessarily because their immune system to cold,catarrh and cough may still be low.
I think you should go with handy food for your kids too especially through out the duration of the flight........prepare well for this stuffs if you're taken any Arabian carrier because of their long flight periods.
For EUROPEAN carriers ,the cumulative flight period is around 16hrs and should be fine for you guys to deal with as opposed to average of about 30 cumulative flight time for Arabian carriers ;D
Cheers.

Thank you for the advice. You are well appreciated sir. God bless

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Preferred said:
Routine medications is a must. See your Doc before going.

You may also visit the naija applicants thread and the landed naija thread too.

There are quite a lot of information there on what and what not to take
Thank you preferred. May God bless you

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
kollins said:
Make sure you have shoes for them that will temporarily shield the winter at the airport for them too before you get winter shoes for them after arrival.
Cheers.
Great

HisGrace

Mar 14, 2014
Hello People,

Compliments to you all. Please I need your advice as regards this situation. My family and i intend travelling to Manitoba this month end and i noticed that most flight have stop overs in USA, do we need a transit visa to enter the USA???

Thank you for your response

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
HisGrace said:
Hello People,
Compliments to you all. Please I need your advice as regards this situation. My family and i intend travelling to Manitoba this month end and i noticed that most flight have stop overs in USA, do we need a transit visa to enter the USA???
Thank you for your response
Most likely,transit visa may be needed even if its just one minute stay in the US.
If you check British Airways,not sure their gateway into Canada is through US...rather,they mostly enter Canada via Heathrow airport which you do not need transit VISA.
Cheers.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks bro

thebaft said:
For the Canadian passport, please click the link below to download forms and read the application instructions ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/residents/passport.asp

For the Nigerian passport, read some of the links below to get familiar with the application process and fees ...

http://www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/citizen-services/e-passport-application
http://www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/citizen-services/birth-in-canada
http://irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ResRec/RirRdi/Pages/index.aspx?doc=453847

There is no age restriction in applying for a Passport (a challenge in taking a baby's picture at the passport offices may arise anyway), but I do know some airlines have restrictions on the age of babies flying in their airplanes. I hope this helps. Cheers!

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
hello forumites,
I notice a little change on my ecas this weekend. I noticed that my home address has been added to my mailing address. now it's two sets of address on display. but my home address is the same with mailing, so why the need to "multiply" it?

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
4lashyme said:
hello forumites,
I notice a little change on my ecas this weekend. I noticed that my home address has been added to my mailing address. now it's two sets of address on display. but my home address is the same with mailing, so why the need to "multiply" it?
My Guy noticed same, but not last weekend but during the week.

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
I notice same too. Have you done your medicals? I guess this was updated by AVO. What do you think?

4lashyme said:
hello forumites,

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samuel.eled said:
I notice same too. Have you done your medicals? I guess this was updated by AVO. What do you think?

I think that it is something general because i checked my status now and i observed two addresses. I already have my visa,though.

daramz

Apr 6, 2014
naija
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NOV 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOC
Med's Request
6th oct 2014
Med's Done....
22nd october 2014
Interview........
waived IJN
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Please praise the Lord for me and my family. Our PPR just came in after 5 months. All our prayers have worked. For those still expecting, yours will surely come IJN.