+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
siddy15 said:
Our PPR email came earlier today exactly a month after we did my newborn's medicals. I give God the glory and pray that everyone still awaiting an update will get theirs within the next couple of days.
Congrats Siddy15

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
PORPHRY said:
Congratulations Siddy15, wish you very speedy completion of the remaining stage. I tap from your success story o! i have been waiting since November 18, 2014 after our MR till now no response from AVO, we hope for the best sha
Don't worry Porphy yours will come soon. We had the same long wait and our PPR later came.

siddy15

Oct 17, 2014
Hello everyone, please I need help with an issue urgently ,your swift response will be highly appreciated.

While I was preparing to send our passports to Accra , I noticed that my passport and that of my older child whom I travelled back to Nigeria with in late Jan 2015 was missing the entry stamp at Murtala Airport in Lagos .

Only my newborn's passport was stamped, kindly advise me on what to do because I know Accra officers will think we are still in the US while my new baby is back in Nigeria.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddy15 said:
Hello everyone, please I need help with an issue urgently ,your swift response will be highly appreciated.

While I was preparing to send our passports to Accra , I noticed that my passport and that of my older child whom I travelled back to Nigeria with in late Jan 2015 was missing the entry stamp at Murtala Airport in Lagos .

Only my newborn's passport was stamped, kindly advise me on what to do because I know Accra officers will think we are still in the US while my new baby is back in Nigeria.

This is kind of interesting but then, will they be looking at that before they issue you your canadian visa. I am not sure of this but i believe that others who have more information about it will contribute.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddy15 said:

That was a good observation, but I feel a cover note with explanations of your observations will be fine. Dnt forget dt children cant travel in limbo , its only logical dt u came back to naija with ur baby. Attach ur flight schedules, etc. They can alwways call the airline to verify and they can always ask USA to verify when u left. So no cause for panic. Dt said, pls write your cover letter n send your passports. Note of warning- do not go back to NIS to stamp for you, d new stamp may differ from ur baby's own n create more headache for u.

siddy15

Oct 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your swift reply @dotsngr. I will do as advised ,to think I was about to head to immigration office tomorrow to resolve it.

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
pickabeau said:
Good day All

Good to see people have started landing and enjoying the Canada breeze

I have a question for anyone to help

What is the process for getting a Canadian passport for a child born in Canada

What is the current process for getting Nigerian passport for a child born in Canada if the child has to travel back to naija and what are the age restrictions
For the Canadian passport, please click the link below to download forms and read the application instructions ...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/residents/passport.asp

For the Nigerian passport, read some of the links below to get familiar with the application process and fees ...

http://www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/citizen-services/e-passport-application
http://www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/citizen-services/birth-in-canada
http://irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ResRec/RirRdi/Pages/index.aspx?doc=453847

There is no age restriction in applying for a Passport (a challenge in taking a baby's picture at the passport offices may arise anyway), but I do know some airlines have restrictions on the age of babies flying in their airplanes. I hope this helps. Cheers!

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
siddy15 said:

I would advice you not to send any cover letter to explain anything. Just send your passport, if they need any clarity they will send you a message. I advice that you shouldn't do anything that will further delay your application.

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
okejji said:
I would advice you not to send any cover letter to explain anything. Just send your passport, if they need any clarity they will send you a message. I advice that you shouldn't do anything that will further delay your application.
i agree with okejji, do not preempt anything. Just submit. For all you know it can go unnoticed or even if noticed, may not raise any questions. if they need further clarifications, they will ask. All the best.

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
success4life said:
i agree with okejji, do not preempt anything. Just submit. For all you know it can go unnoticed or even if noticed, may not raise any questions. if they need further clarifications, they will ask. All the best.
I believe so too! Dont think this is an issue for them. All necessary checks have been made prior to the call for your passport.

All the best!

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
I need landed snrs to help me with this question. I will be landing this month end with my family: my wife and 2 infants(twins). Please, advice me on all the things we should have in place b4 our journey. We are more kin about the babies. Thanks in advance

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
canada4mind said:
I need landed snrs to help me with this question. I will be landing this month end with my family: my wife and 2 infants(twins). Please, advice me on all the things we should have in place b4 our journey. We are more kin about the babies. Thanks in advance
Get winter wears and carry enough naija food and hold all travelling/ relevant documents etc. Other people to add more!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
siddy15 said:

Pls, don't raise any issue on that for now. Just send all ur passports across to AVO. Cheers!

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
canada4mind said:

Routine medications is a must. See your Doc before going.

You may also visit the naija applicants thread and the landed naija thread too.

There are quite a lot of information there on what and what not to take

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
siddy15 said:

Just send d passports, no qualms