Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
B.A said:
Hello pple,

IOM is charging $1345 for an adult in march, is that not high compared to what Abeke mentioned. i know it is low compared to other airlines but ........

just need contributions

Regards

B.A

I am still waiting for my quote from them. Anyway check Emirates.

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
@Chimzuzurum

pls pm me your contact. when did the send them your form

Cheers

B.A

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
B.A said:
Hello pple,

IOM is charging $1345 for an adult in march, is that not high compared to what Abeke mentioned. i know it is low compared to other airlines but ........

just need contributions

Regards

B.A

I think this rate is not too bad. I did a random check on some airlines earlier today for the same period and quite a number of them returned relatively higher rates.

Please forumites i have another question and would appreciate your responses especially from those that have landed in Canada already. My question is, at the point of landing while filling the form for PR card and subsequent receiving address for same, what are the possibilities of using a hotel address? Has anyone successfully used a hotel address in the past? The assumption here is that you are just landing Canada and do not have any relative or trusted friend to use their address. You have booked to check into a hotel while you scout for permanent accommodation. Seniors what do you think?

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
B.A said:
Hello pple,

just need contributions

Regards

B.A
You should not expect same price with other applicants even if you have same family size.
Like I already said,there are so many factors that may make it higher or lower so you should never use your quote to compare with another applicants even if you have same family size.
If by chance it's same,it's purely by stroke of luck and coincidence especially when it's not booked at same time.
Personally and by my research ,the Gulf carriers are cheaper than what IOM may offer you most times.
If you're like me,I'll research more before making my conclusions about IOM.
Its a general perception that IOM may give cheapest offer........the perception is relative depending on what you're basing your assumptions on and the conditions that waranted it.
Research more....you will have more options.
Cheers

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
B.A said:
Hello pple,

just need contributions

Regards

Hello B.A. Please, I sent you a P.M

Best regards

B.A

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Rozo and TY on the successful completion of the process. All the best with your future endeavors.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Landed seniors please give a voice to this query. Can we use Hotel addresses as our initial address upon landing?

Emmy70 said:
I think this rate is not too bad. I did a random check on some airlines earlier today for the same period and quite a number of them returned relatively higher rates.

Please forumites i have another question and would appreciate your responses especially from those that have landed in Canada already. My question is, at the point of landing while filling the form for PR card and subsequent receiving address for same, what are the possibilities of using a hotel address? Has anyone successfully used a hotel address in the past? The assumption here is that you are just landing Canada and do not have any relative or trusted friend to use their address. You have booked to check into a hotel while you scout for permanent accommodation. Seniors what do you think?

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
nanonye said:
Landed seniors please give a voice to this query. Can we use Hotel addresses as our initial address upon landing?
No you cannot use an hotel as address. It must be a friend's home if you don't have any. I can give you my address if you need one but I stay in Calgary.
For those who have PM me concerning the basement that is available for rent. I will send the picture on Saturday. Its a One very large bedroom and a super spacious sitting room. Everything is inside. You don't share anything with anybody. The cooker and fridge are lovely and the best part you have your own entrance front playing ground and storage. I really love the apartment but I am already committed to where I am staying. The house belongs to a young Nigerian couple (lovely family) and they are not tying anyone to a contract. Which means you can stay for as long as you want and leave whenever you desire to go. Its a good deal.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Floxzy said:
No you cannot use an hotel as address. It must be a friend's home if you don't have any. I can give you my address if you need one but I stay in Calgary.
For those who have PM me concerning the basement that is available for rent. I will send the picture on Saturday. Its a One very large bedroom and a super spacious sitting room. Everything is inside. You don't share anything with anybody. The cooker and fridge are lovely and the best part you have your own entrance front playing ground and storage. I really love the apartment but I am already committed to where I am staying. The house belongs to a young Nigerian couple (lovely family) and they are not tying anyone to a contract. Which means you can stay for as long as you want and live whenever you desire to go. Its a good deal.

Great work Floxy• God bless you a great deal

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
[To save time doing individual PMs] You dont have to make payment till you arrive and have seen the apartment. Its on Temple Drive North East. You are suppose to pay secured deposit (one time payment) which is usually half the amount and is refunded when you are leaving the home. Thats a normal practice here. Also you will pay your utilities bill. That depends on your consumption [All payments can be made at the home before you move in so no worries]
The best part is the owner is giving away free beds.

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
@ Kollins,

thanks, I will check out other airline before i conclude.

But if you know of any gulf airline that could be cheaper, just hints me.

Cheers

B.A

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
B.A said:
@ Kollins,
thanks, I will check out other airline before i conclude.
But if you know of any gulf airline that could be cheaper, just hints me.
Cheers
B.A
:D...
I'm not Gulf carrier agents :p
Check Qatar airline or Emirates..you will find good deals on it.
Their route is always through Lagos-Doha,Doha-Montreal,Montreal-your destination.
Some times they go through US route also especially Emirates.
Just check it and look out out for the lowest prices for the you are interested need.
Mostly,the waiting times for the cheapest flights are always longer so you need to weigh your preferences.
Just check it out and make your comparison....I have a lot of buddies who have told me they are better off with gulf carriers but like I said,it depends on your preferences.
Cheers.

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
Floxzy said:
For those who have PM me concerning the basement that is available for rent. I will send the picture on Saturday. Its a One very large bedroom and a super spacious sitting room. Everything is inside. You don't share anything with anybody. The cooker and fridge are lovely and the best part you have your own entrance front playing ground and storage. I really love the apartment but I am already committed to where I am staying. The house belongs to a young Nigerian couple (lovely family) and they are not tying anyone to a contract. Which means you can stay for as long as you want and leave whenever you desire to go. Its a good deal.
Thanks Floxzy for this kind gesture. I will PM you for your details as i plan to land in Calgary. I will also appreciate any updates on 2-3 bedroom accommodation preferably around NW or SW. Plan to land in April. Cheers!

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
@ Kollins

:D..thanks

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Floxzy said:

Floxzy, may God continue blessing you for keeping in touch and offering assistance. May you find help from unexpected quarters.