Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oscartan said:
You may also visit the DHL website and lodge your complaints on their "contact DHL" section. If possible mention your receipt number and other transaction details. DHL is messing up because it seems they are the only ones doing PP pick up. I went to FedEx but they said they don't offer such service. If you try UPS and they have such, please go ahead and use them.
I wrote a very serious letter to them when they were delaying, and asked for an immediate refund before they got up and attended to my request!

God bless you for your concern. They have started responding.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
I really welcome your suggestion. Infact, what you just said was what i planned this morning. I think because of the way i threatened yesterday,they are now on my file as all the three;DHL ikoyi,DHL Lagos headquarters and DHL Accra now have my information. They called not too long that i now have a tracking number and that they have moved straight to the embassy. They have given me the tracking number and i can now track. You can imagine,since 17th of December. Devil na liar ooo. What if i had not contacted AVO who simply responded in record time that they have been waiting for my courier agent? I will still be have been thinking that AVO is passive while they are actually on top of their jobs.

I am still tracking and believe that it should land Naija today while i pick it up tomorrow or friday. God bless you for your concern. Cheers.
we pray that all is well. you shall testify before 31st

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 23rd -medicals received
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
Tiyo said:
We did not use IOM, we booked directly with KLM, we left lagos on the 26th of December via Amsterdam where we had a waiting period of about 6hours. We arrived Calgary in the afternoon local time, we proceeded to passport control where a lovely lady attended to us and she was so sweet, spoke to my daughter's if they were ready for the cold weather, she never asked us any other questions apart from what I filled in the declaration form given to us in the plane, she asked if the food stuffs were dried and I said yes, she later showed us to the Immigration Section, where another lovely lady attended to us immediately, we were asked to sign the two white forms that came along with our passport that had our passport photograph on it, she kept a copy and gave us the second copy which we will use to get social security number, health card, open bank account and do other stuffs, it will be our temporary card until the permanent residency card comes out, which she said can take some few weeks before it comes out, she congratulated us and we went to pick our luggages and as we were about stepping out we presented the declaration card to the custom who asked if we were bringing in other stuffs and we said no, we were not asked POF, no questions at all and we left the airport. We spent less than 1hour from landing and doing all we did. It was a wonderful experience, hope this helps someone out there. Shalom
Congrats on your landing Sis. Welcome to Canada

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
GENTLEANDREW said:
God bless you for your concern. They have started responding.
Oh... good to know that they have started responding to your case. I'm sure you'd get your package b4 cob tomorrow. Sometimes, its just the negligence and lousy attitude of the DHL staff handling your request. In my case, I initiated pick up on the 16 and took the contact of the staff that attended to me. I asked for the tracking no. and she said it will be available the next day. I contacted her by email 2days later and she didn't respond. 4days later I sent another email and still no response. I got Lagos HQ contact and called and Lagos said they don't have any info on my request that Port Harcourt did not initiate any pick up on my behalf! I was shocked. Unfortunately for the PH people, I was away in the field, so there was no way to go there physically to vent my annoyance. I called severally and there was no response. Later in the evening I got an email from the lady that attended to me requesting me to re-forward my pickup mail from AVO. I bluntly refused to re-forward the mail and asked for an immediate refund of my money. I got all the valid DHL contacts I could and poured out my disappointment. 3days later my package was delivered.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Good day my dear forumites. Compliments of the season. Wishing you all great joy and tidings.

Finally got my passports as well as my family delivered to my house today. As usual, it had gotten to Lagos since Tuesday last week and DHL was waiting for God knows what to dispatch it to us. After much screaming on the phone and sending a mail to DHL Ghana, did we discover it was sitting in Lagos all this while. They claim( DHL Lagos) that the address was written incorrectly.

Anyway I thank God it's all over. I wish everyone waiting to hear some good news best wishes. It will come to a glorious end for you all ijn.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oscartan said:
Oh... good to know that they have started responding to your case. I'm sure you'd get your package b4 cob tomorrow. Sometimes, its just the negligence and lousy attitude of the DHL staff handling your request. In my case, I initiated pick up on the 16 and took the contact of the staff that attended to me. I asked for the tracking no. and she said it will be available the next day. I contacted her by email 2days later and she didn't respond. 4days later I sent another email and still no response. I got Lagos HQ contact and called and Lagos said they don't have any info on my request that Port Harcourt did not initiate any pick up on my behalf! I was shocked. Unfortunately for the PH people, I was away in the field, so there was no way to go there physically to vent my annoyance. I called severally and there was no response. Later in the evening I got an email from the lady that attended to me requesting me to re-forward my pickup mail from AVO. I bluntly refused to re-forward the mail and asked for an immediate refund of my money. I got all the valid DHL contacts I could and poured out my disappointment. 3days later my package was delivered.

Wonderful! Can you beat that! God will help us all• Thanks a lot

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
RonD75 said:
Good day my dear forumites. Compliments of the season. Wishing you all great joy and tidings.

Finally got my passports as well as my family delivered to my house today. As usual, it had gotten to Lagos since Tuesday last week and DHL was waiting for God knows what to dispatch it to us. After much screaming on the phone and sending a mail to DHL Ghana, did we discover it was sitting in Lagos all this while. They claim( DHL Lagos) that the address was written incorrectly.

Anyway I thank God it's all over. I wish everyone waiting to hear some good news best wishes. It will come to a glorious end for you all ijn.
Congrats buddy. Na wa for DHL o! Thank God say u don jump am pass!

Robindepiper

Sep 11, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hmmmm,we are yet to get our passports from DHL with a day short of two weeks since Accra sent pick up mail. I have called DHL severally and they have consistently maintained that Accra are yet to release our passports. I was prompted this morning to send Accra a mail and they responded in less than 5 minutes that they are still waiting for our courier company to come and pick our documents. I just do not get it. Could DHL have been misleading me all along because the said they visit Accra's office everyday.

Well,they said they will act immediately. I have forwarded the mail i got from Accra to them so that it will not look a frame up. I cannot wait to see the maple leaf on our passports. Hmmmm!
We initiated pickup with DHL in Lagos. They promised they were going to send us tracking number within 24 hours. When 24 hours passed and I didn't get the tracking number, I called DHL Accra to request for my tracking number. They said they got the request for my pick up but were still waiting for the pick up mail from AVO to be sent to them since they can't initiate the pick up without that mail. Note: This pick up mail was submitted at Lagos at the time of initiating the pick up. I guess this is what happened in your case, maybe your pick up mail was never forwarded to them, and then they never asked the originating DHL office for the pick up mail.

Anyway, I simply asked for an email address from DHL Accra and forwarded the pick up mail to them. They acknowledged receipt of my mail and everything went smoothly from there. We already received our documents. Note again: There has been absolutely no communication from the DHL Lagos office where we initiated the pick up or any DHL office in Lagos till date. My tracking number and every information till we received our docs came from DHL Accra. I just stayed in touch with DHL Accra both on phone and email till we got our docs.

This is a disappointing behavior by DHL and it is time to try other courier companies, but for those who would still want to use DHL in the future, I recommend contacting DHL Accra as soon as you initiate pick up.

The DHL Accra phone numbers are +233302213090-7. The email address of the DHL Accra customer service is acc.csbackline @ dhl.com.

To deal with possible wrong address issues, as soon as you get your tracking number, go to DHL website and put your email address against that tracking number to receive information as the package makes its trip till delivery. When you get the email updates, the name/address at which the document is going to be delivered will be displayed in the DHL shipment notification sent to your mail, so you have a chance of checking to see if it matches your name/address. This will help you start any corrections/engagements with DHL in time if corrections are necessary. This is exactly what I did, but my name and address were displayed properly and there was no problems with delivery to my house.

I wish you all a bountiful new year in advance

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
I really welcome your suggestion. Infact, what you just said was what i planned this morning. I think because of the way i threatened yesterday,they are now on my file as all the three;DHL ikoyi,DHL Lagos headquarters and DHL Accra now have my information. They called not too long that i now have a tracking number and that they have moved straight to the embassy. They have given me the tracking number and i can now track. You can imagine,since 17th of December. Devil na liar ooo. What if i had not contacted AVO who simply responded in record time that they have been waiting for my courier agent? I will still be have been thinking that AVO is passive while they are actually on top of their jobs.

I am still tracking and believe that it should land Naija today while i pick it up tomorrow or friday. God bless you for your concern. Cheers.
Devil na serious liar ooo. Thank God they've started doing something. These DHL people na wa oooooo.....

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Robindepiper said:
We initiated pickup with DHL in Lagos. They promised they were going to send us tracking number within 24 hours. When 24 hours passed and I didn't get the tracking number, I called DHL Accra to request for my tracking number. They said they got the request for my pick up but were still waiting for the pick up mail from AVO to be sent to them since they can't initiate the pick up without that mail. Note: This pick up mail was submitted at Lagos at the time of initiating the pick up. I guess this is what happened in your case, maybe your pick up mail was never forwarded to them, and then they never asked the originating DHL office for the pick up mail.

Anyway, I simply asked for an email address from DHL Accra and forwarded the pick up mail to them. They acknowledged receipt of my mail and everything went smoothly from there. We already received our documents. Note again: There has been absolutely no communication from the DHL Lagos office where we initiated the pick up or any DHL office in Lagos till date. My tracking number and every information till we received our docs came from DHL Accra. I just stayed in touch with DHL Accra both on phone and email till we got our docs.

This is a disappointing behavior by DHL and it is time to try other courier companies, but for those who would still want to use DHL in the future, I recommend contacting DHL Accra as soon as you initiate pick up.

The DHL Accra phone numbers are +233302213090-7. The email address of the DHL Accra customer service is acc.csbackline @ dhl.com.

To deal with possible wrong address issues, as soon as you get your tracking number, go to DHL website and put your email address against that tracking number to receive information as the package makes its trip till delivery. When you get the email updates, the name/address at which the document is going to be delivered will be displayed in the DHL shipment notification sent to your mail, so you have a chance of checking to see if it matches your name/address. This will help you start any corrections/engagements with DHL in time if corrections are necessary. This is exactly what I did, but my name and address were displayed properly and there was no problems with delivery to my house.

Nice hearing from you again :D......it's almost 10 weeks you last posted .
My advice is for applicants to always stay glued to their DHL contacts and if after working days after initiation of your passports pickup,you have no tracking number......it's meant to be flagged red and treated with a new form of method.
The truth is....between DHL Nigeria and Ghana,it's a case of Pots calling the Kettles black :p
Both of them are never in agreement simply because it's treated as an international courier service.
It's either DHL Nigeria gets it right with applicants only for DHL Ghana to address it wrongly.
Sometimes ,DHL Nigeria are lackadaiscal about their duties when DHL gets it right.
Mine was already on its way to Ring Road branch of DHL Ibadan before I was able to proactively intercept it with the DHL officer handling it.
Like i said,applicants needs to step up on their toes if there is no tracking number after 2 working days of initiating pick up.
Cheers

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
RonD75 said:

Congrats RonD75. We thank God for a beautiful ending.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
RonD75 said:

Congrats to you for the happy ending .
I use you as a point of contact to our other collegues expecting positive news from Accra......,their expectations shall not be cut off .
Once again ,Congrats to you and the family.
Cheers

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NwaMarie said:
Devil na serious liar ooo. Thank God they've started doing something. These DHL people na wa oooooo.....

Na real wa ooo• Well from my tracking details,it should be in Naija now because as at 16:22pm it was about to leave their airport• So happy! All things been equal I should pick it up tomorrow in their office• Thanks

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
I'm a bit surprised that people are talking about their home address on their package...I received my passport and COPr in a package that didn't even carry my name nor my address...it showed only the tracking number...and it took several visits to the DHL office in Abeokuta to get my package delivered..its too much wahala when you think of the amount one paid for the service..

I honestly believe that DHL have way to many passports to pick up that they don't even have the time to monitor them all till they get to Nigeria..
My candid advise is for people that are yet to get pickup mail to employ the service of UPS. Hopefully, they won't have any backlog of passports to pick up and passport receipt would be timely.

Waiting for passport receipt seems to be a mind draining procedure with DHL at the moment, although, some people have been lucky to get theirs on time.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Robindepiper said:

The information that you have provided is really great and useful• God bless you