NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Yeah, all the information highlighted are really needed. Well, can we be specific here. If a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children under 5) is to originally pay 1.2 million naira, IOM price will be around what price? If we have people who have used them or who have been privy to this very situation or for a single applicant/any family composition;kindly respond.

It is presently disheartening that they are not prompt in their responses of late. Some people to my knowledge have contacted them lately and there is no response yet. Those that they sent their forms have filled and it is past 3 weeks and no response. What could be the issue? Can we say that we are not too favoured to get early response because we are not in Accra? They situated a branch in Nigeria i believe not to cause delays but to reach out to all and sundries. How i wish i can get them to answer some of these mind boggling questions. Cheers.
Hi, it will be difficult to get a specific ticket quote because it varies due to season. Prices during off season will be lower than prices for peak season, furthermore, they work with various airlines whose ticket prices are also different. Egypt Air may give them lower prices than say, American Airlines or Delta Air and not all airlines may offer IOM seats at the same time. The fact that we are not dealing directly with Ghana office is also a factor in the delays experienced but those who used them successfully say it is worth the effort so guys, weigh the pros and cons and make your choice; slower IOM or regular, higher airfares. Cheers all.

oreke

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
march 2015
Like gentleandrew said, we need specifics on the flight amounts.

Egypt air seems cheap to alberta. but need to compare prices with IOM.

Seniors that have used iom should respond.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, it will be difficult to get a specific ticket quote because it varies due to season. Prices during off season will be lower than prices for peak season, furthermore, they work with various airlines whose ticket prices are also different. Egypt Air may give them lower prices than say, American Airlines or Delta Air and not all airlines may offer IOM seats at the same time. The fact that we are not dealing directly with Ghana office is also a factor in the delays experienced but those who used them successfully say it is worth the effort so guys, weigh the pros and cons and make your choice; slower IOM or regular, higher airfares. Cheers all.

Do they have specific % they work with from our knowledge?

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks for the clarification Kollins. +1 for you.

kollins said:
Just like GentleAndrew siad,IOM Nigeria will always get the best price reduction in flight cost for applicant.
I'm privileged to have a friend working there....so I'm going to give detail info as explained to me.
We should know that IOM Nigeria can not directly get your booking done for you.
Before you can contact them,you need to have gotten your stamped VISA.
After contacting them,a form will be sent to you as a principal applicant to fill in your details as the lead passenger.You will be expected to attache the biodata pages and stamped VISA pages of all intending passengers.You will also be asked to state your intending date of departure and final city of arrival in Canada.
Without the biodata pages and stamped passports,they WILL NOT attend to your application.
When all this is done (either physically or by email),they will correspond with IOM Ghanian office who is directly in charge of make such booking.The IOM Ghanian office advice the Nigerian office on the booking and the fares involved internally which is now passed to the Nigerian applicant.The IOM Nigerian office contact you back with the fare's information,estimated cost and account information for you to pay it in.
When payment has been made,the IOM office in Accra again issues tickets after payment confirmation and this is forwarded to the applicant via email.
No matter the urgency,we (applicants) all advised to give about TWO OR THREE WEEKS for the above process to be accomplished as the Nigerian IOM office to do not have full control over it.
If you are Ghanaian based,you can bypass all the procedures above and get your rates from them within 2 days.You can also fly to Ghana to correspond with the IOM office there.
Also,it is advisable that you don't contact them for a 5 month flight plan...try as much as possible to contact them when you are sure you want to move between 45 and 60 days....reason been that they want to be sure you want to use them.Giving you a discounted price 3 or 4 months ahead may make you change your mind and they would have worked for nothing so I will advice applicants to contact them between one and 2 months of your proposed plan.
The average amount depends on time peak in which you are travelling but they will generally get a somehow cheaper rate for you.
It also depends on the age of the children involved because children under two years pay lower(about 10 to 15% of adult fees),children between 2 to 12 years pay higher(about 75% of adult fee).
The waiting period is always to the advantage of the applicants with respect to the cost of flight so you should expect a fair bargain.
Cheers.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
fatenny said:
To the only one who knows the very end right from the beginning, I've come to say thank you!
We received our visas and CPR today.Dhl was on point: am impressed, even without giving us a tracking number we got our package intact. The pick up process was initiated on the 10th,was asked to forward pick-up mail to Dhl officer's email: No letter of Authorization written!
I wish everyone expecting one update or the other well. It will come soon, no1 will be left out, our dreams will come through in Jesus Name!
Congrats fatenny.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Congratulations to all updates. Slowly but surely we will all get there.

Concerning specifics on amount from IOM, No one can give u a definite amount not even IOM themselves, except they have ur full details. ( number of adults and children, specific ages of the children and ur end point) even at that, what someone paid last week will be different from what one may pay now or even next year.

They only way is to get a specific amount someone who has used them paid, then do some plus and minus to have an idea. But trust me the amount can never be the same.

Also Got my 4th line (decision made). I'm definite my pick up mail is with my agent too. Will get to know by this evening.

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
NwaMarie said:
My dear people, I just opened my inbox to see my pick up mail from Accra. Passports & supporting documents got to Accra last week Thursday, Dec 11. Praise the Lord with me. I cannot thank God enough for His favors and mercies. He has overwhelmed me in recent times with His blessings and I cannot thank Him enough. Abeg make una help me thank Baba God.
Thank God for you ooooo.

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
fatenny said:
To the only one who knows the very end right from the beginning, I've come to say thank you!
We received our visas and CPR today.Dhl was on point: am impressed, even without giving us a tracking number we got our package intact. The pick up process was initiated on the 10th,was asked to forward pick-up mail to Dhl officer's email: No letter of Authorization written!
I wish everyone expecting one update or the other well. It will come soon, no1 will be left out, our dreams will come through in Jesus Name!
Amen! Congrats

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
RonD75 said:

Concerning specifics on amount from IOM, No one can give u a definite amount not even IOM themselves, except they have ur full details. ( number of adults and children, specific ages of the children and ur end point) even at that, what someone paid last week will be different from what one may pay now or even next year.

They only way is to get a specific amount someone who has used them paid, then do some plus and minus to have an idea. But trust me the amount can never be the same.

Also Got my 4th line (decision made). I'm definite my pick up mail is with my agent too. Will get to know by this evening.
Thanks for the add-on RonD75, your take is accurate and congratulations! What a Christmas gift, all the best on the journey ahead :)

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
kollins said:
Congrats bro .......
May God bless your home more...
May the blessings of God multiply more with the coming of your COPR.
Once again ,Congrats.
Cheers

Thank you and a big amen!

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
CalgaryChic said:
Best Xmas gift ever. Congrats and Amen too
Yes oh, actually best bday gift. Thank you!

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
kollins said:
Just like GentleAndrew siad,IOM Nigeria will always get the best price reduction in flight cost for applicant.
I'm privileged to have a friend working there....so I'm going to give detail info as explained to me.
We should know that IOM Nigeria can not directly get your booking done for you.
Before you can contact them,you need to have gotten your stamped VISA.
After contacting them,a form will be sent to you as a principal applicant to fill in your details as the lead passenger.You will be expected to attache the biodata pages and stamped VISA pages of all intending passengers.You will also be asked to state your intending date of departure and final city of arrival in Canada.
Without the biodata pages and stamped passports,they WILL NOT attend to your application.
When all this is done (either physically or by email),they will correspond with IOM Ghanian office who is directly in charge of make such booking.The IOM Ghanian office advice the Nigerian office on the booking and the fares involved internally which is now passed to the Nigerian applicant.The IOM Nigerian office contact you back with the fare's information,estimated cost and account information for you to pay it in.
When payment has been made,the IOM office in Accra again issues tickets after payment confirmation and this is forwarded to the applicant via email.
No matter the urgency,we (applicants) all advised to give about TWO OR THREE WEEKS for the above process to be accomplished as the Nigerian IOM office to do not have full control over it.
If you are Ghanaian based,you can bypass all the procedures above and get your rates from them within 2 days.You can also fly to Ghana to correspond with the IOM office there.
Also,it is advisable that you don't contact them for a 5 month flight plan...try as much as possible to contact them when you are sure you want to move between 45 and 60 days....reason been that they want to be sure you want to use them.Giving you a discounted price 3 or 4 months ahead may make you change your mind and they would have worked for nothing so I will advice applicants to contact them between one and 2 months of your proposed plan.
The average amount depends on time peak in which you are travelling but they will generally get a somehow cheaper rate for you.
It also depends on the age of the children involved because children under two years pay lower(about 10 to 15% of adult fees),children between 2 to 12 years pay higher(about 75% of adult fee).
The waiting period is always to the advantage of the applicants with respect to the cost of flight so you should expect a fair bargain.
Cheers.
Thank you Kollins, that was spot on.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonD75 said:

We are right with our explanation but a portion is yet to be responded to either in low times or high times,is it based on a certain % or debated price comparing the economic situation as at the time of applying?

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations fatenny, off to Canada you go. ;D ;D ;D
Thank you, yes oh!

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
NwaMarie said:
My sister, you can say that again. This one na real restoration! :) :)
Yes oh, God be praised!