Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
sanmi13 said:
Words cannot express my gratitude to God for making me witness today. I just got delivery of my family's passports and COPR. I thank God for making this dream a reality.
I cannot do without appreciating the wonderful family that exist in this forum and I am using mine as a point of contact for everyone expecting one positive update or d other. My prayer is that our final story here will be that of testimony of his faithfulness.
Special thanks to Gentleandrew, my oga at d top... Kollins and my personal person Abeke.

Thanks to everyone one who contributed one way or the other to the many success here.
I appreciate you all
Congrats buddy ....
Happy with your family ....
Seems everybody got theirs same time...
I was too engaged to pick it up....hoping to be less busy tomorrow to quickly go pick it up.
I pray that God will guide you in all your undertakings ...
Also,your pre and post landing experience will be valuable for the whole house so please,keep us informed.
Once again ,Congrats to you and the family at large.
Cheers

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Oyifien said:
My good people just log onto my ECAS and its decision made. Hope soon its passport request. Wishing all the best of luck. So so so happyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Congrats Oyifien. Pick up mail coming soon.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
shinemaster said:
Okay on getting to DHL Ikeja this morning to confirm if all was good, was told my documents were on the way for delivery at my office. To GOD alone be the glory, received our passports with visas and COPR.
Took them up on the issue of letter of authorisation and the conclusion was that it was necessary to write one, that most times your documents don't get picked up without the letter.
so please insist on writing a letter of authorisation
Congrats shinemaster. To God be all the glory.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
sanmi13 said:
Words cannot express my gratitude to God for making me witness today. I just got delivery of my family's passports and COPR. I thank God for making this dream a reality.
I cannot do without appreciating the wonderful family that exist in this forum and I am using mine as a point of contact for everyone expecting one positive update or d other. My prayer is that our final story here will be that of testimony of his faithfulness.
Special thanks to Gentleandrew, my oga at d top... Kollins and my personal person Abeke.

Thanks to everyone one who contributed one way or the other to the many success here.
I appreciate you all
Congrats sanmi13. To God be all the glory.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
sanmi13 said:

I appreciate you all
Congrats sanmi13

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
sanmi13 said:

I appreciate you all
Your Canada dream is now a reality

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
NwaMarie said:
Congrats shinemaster. To God be all the glory.
Thanks to everyone, sometimes i wished i could all meet you all in person ;D. At the initial stages i remember coming here was more like a consolation ground for me ( having to read from people that were as anxious as i was) some one should deny that.................. . I remembered when there was a huge debate in the house about writing a petition letter to the minister and sending the same email to accra at the same time!!!! We were all eager. Now most of us can say 'soo this is the visa'. I sincerely pray that every body in this forum would hold their visas in their hands and praise GOD to that effect. Accra would be compassionate to all, no matter the circumstances and most importantly Canada would be a blessed place for all.
Special thanks to every1........ 8)

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
@ Nigerian beware !! , that's the main reason why I avoid Nigerian because you people are way too critical and judgemental. If you need any information from me. Send me a pm or email . I am pretty sure those that did have received some useful information.

God bless the Indians and Asians forever , those are the true definition of communal spirit!
Note: if someone tries to help, revive the help with thanks and move on. If you have any critical comments to make , make it to yourself . That's your choice. Don't use your "sense" to deny others.

Anyways , people like you can't stope people like us from doing what we believe in!

DD-Rum said:
Share your information here please. Nigerians beware!!!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Flaky said:
@ Nigerian beware !! , that's the main reason why I avoid Nigerian because you people are way too critical and judgemental. If you need any information from me. Send me a pm or email . I am pretty sure those that did have received some useful information.

God bless the Indians and Asians forever , those are the true definition of communal spirit!
Note: if someone tries to help, revive the help with thanks and move on. If you have any critical comments to make , make it to yourself . That's your choice. Don't use your "sense" to deny others.

Anyways , people like you can't stope people like us from doing what we believe in!
@ Flaky, now you have gotten this all wrong and already judgmental, which is not ideal. There have been instances of people that have used such means (maybe not on this forum) to swindle innocent and naive ones. What the forumite is only trying to drive at is that such information would be useful for all since its "not illegal/shady". Note, it also has nothing to do with Nigerians. Infact it is a general warning that applies to all.

Sure you must have seen that the spirit in the forum is a warm one and not of discord or distrust. Kindly share freely any useful information you think can be helpful here and those that it applies to (if specific) will benefit.

Thank you.

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
Oyifien said:
My good people just log onto my ECAS and its decision made. Hope soon its passport request. Wishing all the best of luck. So so so happyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Congrats Oyifien

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for those interested in knowing more about express entry

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=0eJ%2bS9Nb3JP2BEW83EP8xw%3d%3d

Flaky share the info... indians share/.... we will all benefit

chuka2003

Sep 28, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Hello forumites... ;D ;D ;D
I just changed the flag in my profile some minutes back because, to God who we give all the Glory, we just landed in Calgary. I feel a little heads up would be a good way to give back to this great forum.
First up, pack enough local food (for those that love their food); garri, beans, maggi (avoid maggi chicken or maggi fish), grounded crayfish, ground pepper. Avoid diary products and whole fish. Don't let 9ja customs people harass you. they will try to intimidate you like they did us (sadly, we buckled). We made the mistake of not carrying Naira to MMIA. Carry your Naira oooo... just take this to be the last time you will get to indulge corrupt officials.
You don't need transit visa if you are passing through the UK. i almost made the mistake of wasting money getting transit visas for our kids who didn't have UK visas. You also don't need transit if passing through Amsterdam. I do hear you will need if transiting through Yankee. So, if possible, avoid Yankee. beyond that, Yankee them get wahala plenty.
If traveling with toddlers, make arrangements with your airline for buggies or push chairs for them (that is if you don't have one). Most airlines have complimentary services like the provision of baby push chairs etc. It will be very indispensable while marauding the transit airport during those long torturous transit hours. We found this out the hard way while waiting 10 hours at Heathrow airport. If you own buggies; BA will carry it for you free for each toddler. Toddlers are allowed a push chair "and" a car seat on BA (so don't be in a hurry selling off those car seats). Also carry your kids' food along with you. Youngsters find it difficult adjusting to oyinbo food (let alone the horrible airplane diner). It's your right to carry along food for your kids, sha don't abuse it by overdoing it ooo. :p :p :p :p
Landing in Canada has been blissful. The immigration officers were the nicest people ever (as long as you haven't been to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali and Guinea in the last 21 days). Didn't take longer than 25 minutes to clear through immigration. No PoF was requested; I just had to declare to CA customs that I was carrying more than $10k CAD. We got our social security number the next day, today, and have started processing our health cards. For those coming to Alberta, we would need in addition to our CoPR and passports, a proof of address in Alberta like a utility bill, lease agreement or bank account details, to complete the process of your health cards. So we are waiting for our account opening tomorrow to complete the health insurance registration. Apparently, you need to book an appointment with the bank to open account. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The weather has been great but please come prepared; winter coats, thermals, gloves and scarves. It's 8 degrees right now but I heard it was as low as minus 25 degrees some 5 days ago. The people on the other hand have been very warm to us. As you dey waka, people go just dey greet you... just like in my village before before 9ja spoil. Apparently, they love kids... a lot. 8) 8) 8)
i will try and keep the forum posted as the waka continues.
Cheers

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
chuka2003 said:
I just changed the flag in my profile some minutes back because, to God who we give all the Glory, we just landed in Calgary. I feel a little heads up would be a good way to give back to this great forum.
First up, pack enough local food (for those that love their food); garri, beans, maggi (avoid maggi chicken or maggi fish), grounded crayfish, ground pepper. Avoid diary products and whole fish. Don't let 9ja customs people harass you. they will try to intimidate you like they did us (sadly, we buckled). We made the mistake of not carrying Naira to MMIA. Carry your Naira oooo... just take this to be the last time you will get to indulge corrupt officials.
You don't need transit visa if you are passing through the UK. i almost made the mistake of wasting money getting transit visas for our kids who didn't have UK visas. You also don't need transit if passing through Amsterdam. I do hear you will need if transiting through Yankee. So, if possible, avoid Yankee. beyond that, Yankee them get wahala plenty.
If traveling with toddlers, make arrangements with your airline for buggies or push chairs for them (that is if you don't have one). Most airlines have complimentary services like the provision of baby push chairs etc. It will be very indispensable while marauding the transit airport during those long torturous transit hours. We found this out the hard way while waiting 10 hours at Heathrow airport. If you own buggies; BA will carry it for you free for each toddler. Toddlers are allowed a push chair "and" a car seat on BA (so don't be in a hurry selling off those car seats). Also carry your kids' food along with you. Youngsters find it difficult adjusting to oyinbo food (let alone the horrible airplane diner). It's your right to carry along food for your kids, sha don't abuse it by overdoing it ooo. :p :p :p :p
Landing in Canada has been blissful. The immigration officers were the nicest people ever (as long as you haven't been to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali and Guinea in the last 21 days). Didn't take longer than 25 minutes to clear through immigration. No PoF was requested; I just had to declare to CA customs that I was carrying more than $10k CAD. We got our social security number the next day, today, and have started processing our health cards. For those coming to Alberta, we would need in addition to our CoPR and passports, a proof of address in Alberta like a utility bill, lease agreement or bank account details, to complete the process of your health cards. So we are waiting for our account opening tomorrow to complete the health insurance registration. Apparently, you need to book an appointment with the bank to open account. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The weather has been great but please come prepared; winter coats, thermals, gloves and scarves. It's 8 degrees right now but I heard it was as low as minus 25 degrees some 5 days ago. The people on the other hand have been very warm to us. As you dey waka, people go just dey greet you... just like in my village before before 9ja spoil. Apparently, they love kids... a lot. 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Thanks be to God Almighty for safe trip.
Once again congratulations.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
God shall favour you in Canada IJN amen.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
chuka2003 said:
Cheers
nice one

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chuka2003 said:
Cheers
Awhhhh! Congrats. Pls do share as soon as you can . Pls enjoy yourself n God bless you