+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
kollins said:
Its very unlikely that there will be any updates from Accra Visa office today unless they have taken it upon themselves to work from their residential quarters.
Its "Farmer's Day" Public holiday in Ghana and the High Commission of Canada in Accra will be observing the holiday.
Introduced by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, National Farmers' Day was organized as a day's activity for the nation to honor its hard working farmers who excelled in their contribution to improve the agricultural sector with certificates and prizes.
In 1988, the first Friday of every December was set aside by the government as Farmers' Day and is celebrated as a statutory Public Holiday.
It's always on a friday :D
Hmmmmmm....I'm now a Ghanian ;D
Hibernating mode :( :( :( :( :(
Cheers.
Wow....I was hoping my friends will get their updates today.......anyway, nothing spoil. It will come soonest.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
kollins said:
Don't worry...its gonna come soonest.
Its the last hurdle,every bit of patience is needed for pick-up mails.
My heart goes out to our colleagues expectant of Medical requests...I'm hoping this month won't pass them by without a hint of the good news.....their patience has indeed been tested so we ask for double favor on their behalf.
Cheers.
You are right, Kollins. Their patience has really been tested. I say a big AMEN to your prayer. By God's grace no one will be left out.

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
I found this thread really inspiring. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/something-which-i-learnt-in-canada-t59921.75.html

Loofy

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
Isn't it possible that we are not getting pick up mails because of this NAHCO issues?maybe AVO doesn't want our passports to be hanging with the courier companies for too long.I have my WES report still hanging since 3rd DEc because of the crises.
It just might be the reason

aebosiem

Dec 3, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My name is Allen and I am new to this forum. I was referred by My cousin who just got his visa 1 month ago and he is about to leave with his family. I would like to know where to start the process. I am a banker by profession but an agriculturist by training, my wife is also a banker and we have a son.

Please i would like to know where to begin and what chances do Agriculturists and bankers stand to migrate successfully to canada.

I would appreciate every little advice i can get.

Thank you

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aebosiem said:
Hello Everyone,

My name is Allen and I am new to this forum. I was referred by My cousin who just got his visa 1 month ago and he is about to leave with his family. I would like to know where to start the process. I am a banker by profession but an agriculturist by training, my wife is also a banker and we have a son.

Please i would like to know where to begin and what chances do Agriculturists and bankers stand to migrate successfully to canada.

Thank you

You are welcome to this forum• The one for 2014 will continue till april next year but they are starting the one for 2015 on the 1st of January 2015• It will be called express entry• Start by visitng www•cic•gc•ca/immigrate and read up about express entry then come back to the forum and ask questions• Cheers

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aebosiem said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you

I have sent you a personal message• Go to the top and click on inbox to read it and let us take it from there• Cheers

Sambade

Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 1, POF and salary acc
Nomination.....
19/01/2015
Med's Request
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
aebosiem said:
Hello Everyone,

You are welcome! FSW 2014 will most likely end this Dec 2014,with the carefully worded instruction on CIC's site,so if your ECA,IELTS result ready you can give it a go

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When the 2014 scheme was announced, they said it was going to last till april,2015. Since they started talking about express entry,it will end in december 2014(may be). But i believe every thing about 2014 will likely end officially in april,2014 with last date of application been 31st december.

The next three months should be for PER,MR,PPR and pick ups as the case may be.

You are welcome to this forum• The one for 2014 will continue till april next year but they are starting the one for 2015 on the 1st of January 2015• It will be called express entry• Start by visitng www•cic•gc•ca/immigrate and read up about express entry then come back to the forum and ask questions• Cheers
[/quote]

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GENTLEANDREW said:
When the 2014 scheme was announced, they said it was going to last till april,2015. Since they started talking about express entry,it will end in december 2014(may be). But i believe every thing about 2014 will likely end officially in april,2014 with last date of application been 31st december.

The next three months should be for PER,MR,PPR and pick ups as the case may be.

How Express Entry works

Express Entry will manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
the Canadian Experience Class.

Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry system through their Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.

Ministerial Instructions set out the rules for governing the Express Entry application management system.

The Express Entry system has two steps:
Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile. This is a secure form that they will use to provide information about their:

skills,
work experience,
language ability,
education, and
other details that will help us assess them.

Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs listed above will be accepted into a pool of candidates.

Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Job Bank. Job Bank will help connect Express Entry candidates with eligible employers in Canada.

Candidates are also encouraged to promote themselves to employers in other ways, such as using job boards, recruiters etc.

In most cases when there is a job being offered to a candidate, employers will need an LMIA from ESDC. The LMIA process ensures employers have made an effort to hire Canadians for available jobs. There will be no LMIA fee for permanent resident applications.

Note: Entry into the Express Entry pool does not guarantee a candidate will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Invited candidates still have to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information in their profile.

Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply. Candidates will be awarded points for:

a job offer, and/or
a nomination from a province or territory, and/or
skills and experience factors.

A candidate can get additional points for:

a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or
a nomination by a province or territory

These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.

Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool. This will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GENTLEANDREW said:
How Express Entry works

Express Entry will manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry system through their Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.

Ministerial Instructions set out the rules for governing the Express Entry application management system.

Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile. This is a secure form that they will use to provide information about their:

skills,
work experience,
language ability,
education, and
other details that will help us assess them.

Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs listed above will be accepted into a pool of candidates.

Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank. Job Bank will help connect Express Entry candidates with eligible employers in Canada.

Candidates are also encouraged to promote themselves to employers in other ways, such as using job boards, recruiters etc.

In most cases when there is a job being offered to a candidate, employers will need an LMIA from ESDC. The LMIA process ensures employers have made an effort to hire Canadians for available jobs. There will be no LMIA fee for permanent resident applications.

Note: Entry into the Express Entry pool does not guarantee a candidate will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Invited candidates still have to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada's immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information in their profile.

Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply. Candidates will be awarded points for:

a job offer, and/or
a nomination from a province or territory, and/or
skills and experience factors.

A candidate can get additional points for:

a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or
a nomination by a province or territory

These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.

Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool. This will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times.

In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will launch a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry system for a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.

The Express Entry system will be the first step to immigrate to Canada under these programs. Potential candidates will be able to complete an Express Entry profile at any time once the system is online. Note that there will be no deadline to complete a profile and there will be no caps on the number of candidates that will be accepted to the pool.

Anyone who is accepted into the Express Entry pool could get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. Draws to invite candidates to apply are expected to take place at regular intervals over the course of each year. We will only pick the top ranking candidates regardless of when they were accepted into the pool. The first draw is expected in late January. If you have been invited to apply, you will have 60 days to submit a complete Application for Permanent Residence online.

Express Entry will launch at 12 noon EST January 1st, 2015. The first draw for an invitation to apply is planned for the last week of January.

Learn how to get ready to complete an Express Entry profile.

Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile. Qualified candidates are placed in a pool.
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
rifiel said:
Wow....I was hoping my friends will get their updates today.......anyway, nothing spoil. It will come soonest.
Just checked my ECAS now and it has apparently changed to decision made. I guess that it was updated on Thursday, cos i still checked on Wednesday(in process) and according to Kollins they didn't work yesterday. I guess pick-up mail is next.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
shinemaster said:
Just checked my ECAS now and it has apparently changed to decision made. I guess that it was updated on Thursday, cos i still checked on Wednesday(in process) and according to Kollins they didn't work yesterday. I guess pick-up mail is next.
Congrats shinemaster.....................I make a proposition to change your profile name to canadamaster! ;)

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
shinemaster said:
Congrats buddy ....
I'm so happy for you.
Wishing you the very best in this last leg.
Cheers

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
kay_diwe2014 said:
Congrats shinemaster.....................I make a proposition to change your profile name to canadamaster! ;)
Thanks kay_diwe2014, if possible i will change my name to that when i receive the Visa. Thanks Mr Kollins...... Kollins has ur ECAS changed?