November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
New gazette overriding the federal skilled worker gazette released on 26th April,2014.
This was just released today .........
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php
We'll know more about it in the coming weeks.
Cheers.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Trust me, you dont wanna be applying for PR via the Express Entry route if you can still send in an application before January 1. If you have friends or relatives that are interested, they should act NOW.

Its damn too complicated. A complete overhaul.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

I bless God we are over the line.

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
nanonye said:
Trust me, you dont wanna be applying for PR via the Express Entry route if you can still send in an application before January 1. If you have friends or relatives that are interested, they should act NOW.

Its damn too complicated. A complete overhaul.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

I bless God we are over the line.
Kollins thanks for the info.
UK suspended highly skilled immigrant program, Nigeria has reached the peak of US visa lottery, while Australia and New Zealand are currently using expression of interest. The only easy part for immigrant is Canada and now is their turn to close their border to immigrants irrespective of your qualification cum experience.

@Nanonye, CIC has finally put paid to Federal Skill program for those who have no offer of job or provincially nominated by any of the Canadian Province. Imagine allocating 600 points of the maximum 1200 points to offer of job or provincial nomination. The so called 460 points for core human capital also has about 80 points allocated for Canadian work experience.

It is always better to run when your peers are running.

I thank God for the opportunity given to successful 2011/2012, 2013/2014 FSW applicants.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Very correct DD Rum. Canada was the last resort since the US ditched Nigeria.

The EE stuff is now more difficult for single applicants. Spouses that are well educated and do well in language tests can now really help out the principal applicant. Well, just to land at 460 points that is..! :'(

Also, there is now little bias with IELTS Score with people now expected to score from CLB 9.0 and above in all 4 language sectors to have the maximum score there. One score below CLB 9 and you don't get the maximum score.

Canadian Experience is now also very huge for principal applucant and spouse and work experience only counts for about 50 points with over 3 years experience.

Needless to say i didnt score up to 460 when i asseased myself. Now consider me in the pool of applicants where only a job offer or a provincial nomination can get someone 600 points. Will i ever get nominated without a job offer or without being nominated? There is God o!

Thank God we took the punt when we did. Cant wait to get my pick up letter and forget about immigration applications in their entirety.

DD-Rum said:
UK suspended highly skilled immigrant program, Nigeria has reached the peak of US visa lottery, while Australia and New Zealand are currently using expression of interest. The only easy part for immigrant is Canada and now is their turn to close their border to immigrants irrespective of your qualification cum experience.

@ Nanonye, CIC has finally put paid to Federal Skill program for those who have no offer of job or provincially nominated by any of the Canadian Province. Imagine allocating 600 points of the maximum 1200 points to offer of job or provincial nomination. The so called 460 points for core human capital also has about 80 points allocated for Canadian work experience.

I thank God for the opportunity given to successful 2011/2012, 2013/2014 FSW applicants.

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
kollins said:
New gazette overriding the federal skilled worker gazette released on 26th April,2014.
This was just released today .........
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php
We'll know more about it in the coming weeks.
Cheers.
This is quite complicated. This is where lawyers, consultants and agents will make a lot of money or rather milk intending applicants. Going through it is as if you are about to sit an exam. Its like the biblical saying, 'going through the eye of the needle'.

I now understand why they say processing will be 6 months or less. The stakes are so high and seem insurmountable. It takes the courageous to go through this without loosing his cool. If anyone scales this mighty 'exam' from CIC, then he is sure on his way to Canada at least by half: I mean you still have to get an offer from the employer to complete the whole process which is a big clause here. Not everyone will be able to complete the EOI, secure a job and eventually complete the process in 6 months ! They, CIC quite know what they are doing. After 12 months of being in the pool if nothing happens, then the applicant's data is yanked off their system.

As, mentioned going the way of the aussies and Zealanders might discourage intending applicants as is with intending applicants to aussies and Zealanders.

Lets wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks. It needs a lot of patience to digest this whole lot of new info without being confused, overwhelmed and even discouraged.

God help future applicants.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
DD-Rum said:

@ Nanonye, CIC has finally put paid to Federal Skill program for those who have no offer of job or provincially nominated by any of the Canadian Province. Imagine allocating 600 points of the maximum 1200 points to offer of job or provincial nomination. The so called 460 points for core human capital also has about 80 points allocated for Canadian work experience.

The 600 points allocated to offer of Job/nomination makes it crazy.
Seems to me no points for relatives in Canada(yet to see it).
The focus now is more on qualifications and valid job offers/province nomination.
Seems to me they want to attract more of single applicants between 20 - 29 years.
Summarily,CIC,provinces and employers will have complete control over immigration activities henceforth unlike before when you are assured once you follow specified procedures.
Married couples get opportunity with their spouse level of education and experience...even at that,the points benefited seems small to me.
Its really a complex program looking at the fact that many applicants do not have Canadian experience or job offer.
The critical thing is that they have emphasize and make provision for points based on Canadian work experience so it will be most beneficial for applicants that fall in this category.
The worst of it all,IELTS points now very precious.
Its indeed a complicated program.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
kit01 said:
This is quite complicated. This is where lawyers, consultants and agents will make a lot of money or rather milk intending applicants. Going through it is as if you are about to sit an exam. Its like the biblical saying, 'going through the eye of the needle'.

I now understand why they say processing will be 6 months or less. The stakes are so high and seem insurmountable. It takes the courageous to go through this without loosing his cool. If anyone scales this mighty 'exam' from CIC, then he is sure on his way to Canada at least by half: I mean you still have to get an offer from the employer to complete the whole process which is a big clause here. Not everyone will be able to complete the EOI, secure a job and eventually complete the process in 6 months ! They, CIC quite know what they are doing. After 12 months of being in the pool if nothing happens, then the applicant's data is yanked off their system.

As, mentioned going the way of the aussies and Zealanders might discourage intending applicants as is with intending applicants to aussies and Zealanders.

Lets wait and see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks. It needs a lot of patience to digest this whole lot of new info without being confused, overwhelmed and even discouraged.

God help future applicants.
Consultants will surely have a field day now in milking innocent applicants.
Literally,its a difficult thing for an applicant that is intellectually lazy to comprehend the express entry system so it has opened fortune gate for consultants.
Registering a consultancy agency on Express entry surely isn't a bad idea now :p :p :p... as of everyone will be turning their way.
Its well oooo.
Cheers.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
kollins said:
Consultants will surely have a field day now in milking innocent applicants.
Literally,its a difficult thing for an applicant that is intellectually lazy to comprehend the express entry system so it has opened fortune gate for consultants.
Registering a consultancy agency on Express entry surely isn't a bad idea now :p :p :p... as of everyone will be turning their way.
Its well oooo.
Cheers.
Kollins, you are already a consultant!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well,this Expression of Interest thing truly looks complicated but at the same time,there is a flip side. So many people will be leaving for Canada without any employment offer and even most people who apply from here(their countries) most times do not get response(s) when they apply before landing. Those that get response(s) most times do not get a done deal until they get there. It might even not work out. These are people in the minority.

From the way the Expression of Interest is, it is like having a compulsory employment interview before landing Canada. Once an employer picks your file or becomes interested in you and you scale through,it is a great milestone. You are already settled before leaving. They(the companies) are likely going to assist with your landing, possibly give you accommodation and a whole lots of benefits that one will ordinarily find hard to get in the first few months of landing without an employment offer. This is a massive plus for the Expression of Interest program despite the seemingly tough path it might take. It is a cool one by this very standard.

People applying for it need to take it with all seriousness like one preparing for the usual interview we have around. It is really a big push. It gives you the cutting edge because at the end of the day, you have been proven worthy by a Canadian company and you are landing straight up with the mind of getting a Canadian experience. This is really a great gain. Things tough to get are usually worth while in the end.

For Canada to embrace this is a pointer to the fact that it is the best way to get the best people into their country to become the best in the world.
A lot will still come out of it that we do not know and i am cock sure that people will like it at the end of the day. Imagine one going to a country where you already have the mind set of taking a menial job;this solves it.You are defined before you land. Most people if not all the applicants will work in their field of experience(s) and land in their preferred province. This is a great promise and a soothing comfort. Undermining the stress,applicants will be happy they did. Cheers!

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
GENTLEANDREW said:
Well,this Expression of Interest thing truly looks complicated but at the same time,there is a flip side. So many people will be leaving for Canada without any employment offer and even most people who apply from here(their countries) most times do not get response(s) when they apply before landing. Those that get response(s) most times do not get a done deal until they get there. It might even not work out. These are people in the minority.

From the way the Expression of Interest is, it is like having a compulsory employment interview before landing Canada. Once an employer picks your file or becomes interested in you and you scale through,it is a great milestone. You are already settled before leaving. They(the companies) are likely going to assist with your landing, possibly give you accommodation and a whole lots of benefits that one will ordinarily find hard to get in the first few months of landing without an employment offer. This is a massive plus for the Expression of Interest program despite the seemingly tough path it might take. It is a cool one by this very standard.

People applying for it need to take it with all seriousness like one preparing for the usual interview we have around. It is really a big push. It gives you the cutting edge because at the end of the day, you have been proven worthy by a Canadian company and you are landing straight up with the mind of getting a Canadian experience. This is really a great gain. Things tough to get are usually worth while in the end.

For Canada to embrace this is a pointer to the fact that it is the best way to get the best people into their country to become the best in the world.
A lot will still come out of it that we do not know and i am cock sure that people will like it at the end of the day. Imagine one going to a country where you already have the mind set of taking a menial job;this solves it.You are defined before you land. Most people if not all the applicants will work in their field of experience(s) and land in their preferred province. This is a great promise and a soothing comfort. Undermining the stress,applicants will be happy they did. Cheers!

I always believe that nothing good comes easy and it keeps me going. It might seems hard but with a lot of benefits. God will help us and the future applicants. But I read that b4 a province picks their unemployment rate will be less than 6%. Have u sent ur passports?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aijaynwoke said:
I always believe that nothing good comes easy and it keeps me going. It might seems hard but with a lot of benefits. God will help us and the future applicants. But I read that b4 a province picks their unemployment rate will be less than 6%. Have u sent ur passports?

Yeah, i have. Thanks a lot.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Looking at it again, I think that the main beneficiaries of the EE will be young graduates of Canadian Universities with Canadian work experience.

Apart from these people, i think a huge majority of intending applicants from outside Canada will have almos the same struggle of getting a Canadian job offer or being nominated by a province.

This means that even after selecting the very best (ie, those with job offers or provincial nomination), there should also be spaces available for THE VERY BEST backbenchers without jobs offers or nomination.

Remember canada has an economic target of 50000 annually only for FSW and this excludes Canadian Experience Class and PNP.

So I think that at the end of the day, if Canada is to achieve their target for incoming immigrant levels in the economic section, it may be inevitable that a good number of applicants without job offer or provincial nomination to get ranked high enough to be invited.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GENTLEANDREW said:
Yeah, i have. Thanks a lot.

No updates yet from AVO this week• MR,PPR,pick ups? 2014 applicants are really having it nice out there• I am so happy for them because they have started receiving more MRs since yesterday• There seems to be a weekly schedule by AVO• They seems to have decided how they will run till the whole thing ends and you cannot understand it if you do not study the sequence of information flowing into the respective arenas• This december will not pass us by• No carry over at all•

It is not over until you have won the last fight\crossed the last hurdle• We will all get there•

Cheers!

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
No updates yet from AVO this week• MR,PPR,pick ups? 2014 applicants are really having it nice out there• I am so happy for them because they have started receiving more MRs since yesterday• There seems to be a weekly schedule by AVO• They seems to have decided how they will run till the whole thing ends and you cannot understand it if you do not study the sequence of information flowing into the respective arenas• This december will not pass us by• No carry over at all•

It is not over until you have won the last fight\crossed the last hurdle• We will all get there•

Cheers!
Amen. This dec will not pass us by

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Dear AVO,

Considering the numerous applications calling for your attention, and in view of the ministerial deadline to round off FSW program this year, I hereby write to lend you a hand.

Regards,

Canada4mind