Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
phunrae said:
Welcome EMO! Didnt quite get wat u applied for but some get first response in less dan 90days
I applied for FSW based on the current rule. Thanks

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
You are highly welcomed to this humble forum.We will really need your contributions here.Can you kindly update your timeline.Thanks.
My time is as follows:
Application Sent: 20 Dec 2013
Application Received: 27 Dec 2013

Thanks

M5

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
10-1-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-11-2013
Interview........
To be waived In Shaa Allah.
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
cheekswat said:
Pls my application is still being processed in Accra, but a friend told that I would be required to provide proof of funds again. I included land and property documents when I filed in my application last year-2013. I want to know if I can still present the documents when they ask for proof of funds again or will I need to show proof of the required $17000 (about N2.7m) cash in my account? Tђǎ̜̣̍ŋk§.

Chekswat, Accra may or may not ask for proof of funds again, but i will advice you start building up your funds. I applied in 2011 with bank statement and property evaluations and got MR in Oct last year with RPRF,and other necessary forms to be updated but without a request for updated proof of fund. Only for me to get a mail last week requesting for POF after MR, and the VO informed me they do not accept property evaluation as POF and requested for my bank statement. So please be prepared.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
From what i read in the snrs forum, they were also told the process will be for a year and some just got MR after 2yrs while others are still waiting. True the minister said dat but the reality is a diffnt tin entirely and the processing time on their website coroborate dat it mite tak more dan a yr but not to worry lets pray ours doesnt stay dat long and dey stat issuin MR by march latest.

BOMBO said:
hello phunrae and andrew,

going by what the minsister said that the fswp processing should be done within 12 months i am surprised that accra has not started calling us. Other vo has been processing peoples application. just curious.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Ohhhh k, but u seems lik an old or overactive member wiv d nos of post. Pls dnt b a stranger on dis forum nd lets us learn from your experience and knowledge. Once again, welcome

EMO said:
I applied for FSW based on the current rule. Thanks
:eek:

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOMBO said:
hello phunrae and andrew,

going by what the minsister said that the fswp processing should be done within 12 months i am surprised that accra has not started calling us. Other vo has been processing peoples application. just curious.

It is true that the minister said in one year and it is already happening in other VOs except VOs in africa•I do not know why it is like this•I do not think it is because of backlogs because all these VOs that are issuing MRs and visas also have backlogs•I believe that there is quota for every visa office and it most be filled•Though Accra visa office is handling 12 countries,they would have given them the ones that they can handle appropriately•

Ours should be different because the total files or application accepted worldwide is 5000,so it should be faster•If the 5000 go around the whole visa offices world wide,Accra might even get less than 400 applications•So,ours should be faster•I pray they start around march or thereabout•

When they had the one for our seniors,it was 10,000 applications they received and at some point earlier,I think it was 20,000 application•

Our time is near•

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Amen!!! Our time is near

GENTLEANDREW said:
It is true that the minister said in one year and it is already happening in other VOs except VOs in africa•I do not know why it is like this•I do not think it is because of backlogs because all these VOs that are issuing MRs and visas also have backlogs•I believe that there is quota for every visa office and it most be filled•Though Accra visa office is handling 12 countries,they would have given them the ones that they can handle appropriately•

Ours should be different because the total files or application accepted worldwide is 5000,so it should be faster•If the 5000 go around the whole visa offices world wide,Accra might even get less than 400 applications•So,ours is should be faster•I pray they start around march or thereabout•

When they had the one for our seniors,it was 10,000 at some point earlier,I think it was 20,000•

Out time is near•

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian visa offices
CIC list of Canadian visa offices. See also: Canadian Offices Abroad

Where to send your CIC application: List of countries and corresponding Canadian visa offices.

Please note: For immigration to Quebec the application must be mailed to one of Immigration-Québec offices abroad that covers your territory (see the bottom of this page).

Asia and Pacific

Country Visa Office(s)
Covering IMM Processing Mission Web Site
Australia Sydney Australia, Bora Bora, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue Island, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Island, Samoa (American), Samoa (Western), Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis Internet Site
Bangladesh Dhaka Bangladesh Singapore Internet Site
China Beijing Hong Kong
Shanghai BEIJING:China (People’s Republic of), Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Mongolia, HONG-KONG:Hong Kong, Macao and China (People’s Republic of), SHANGHAI: Anhui, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang of China (People’s Republic of) Beijing (students only) Beijing Hong Kong
Shanghai
India Chandigarh
New Delhi CHANDIGARH: India (Chandigarh, Haryana and Punjab), NEW DELHI: Bhutan, India, Nepal New Delhi Chandigarh
New Delhi
Indonesia Jakarta East Timor, Indonesia Singapore Internet Site
Japan Tokyo Japan Internet Site
Korea Seoul Korea (South) Internet Site
Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Internet Site
Pakistan Islamabad Pakistan*, Afghanistan Islamabad, London Internet Site
Philippines Manila Caroline Islands, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Kosrae, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Midway Island, Northern Mariana Island, Pacific Islands, Palau (Belau), Philippines, Ponape, Truk Island, Wake Island, Yap Island Internet Site
Singapore Singapore Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Visitors: Brunei, Singapore Internet Site
Sri Lanka Colombo Maldives, Sri Lanka Internet Site
Taiwan Taipei Taiwan Internet Site
Thailand Bangkok Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand Singapore Internet Site
Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam Singapore Internet Site

Africa and Middle East

Country Visa Office(s)
Algeria Algiers The Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada in Algiers is mandated only to receive applications for Temporary Resident (visitor) Visas, Study Permits, Temporary Work Permits and Travel Documents for permanent residents returning to Canada. The applications are then sent to the Visa Office of the Embassy of Canada in Paris for decision.

No information or application forms are available at the wickets.

Permanent Resident Visa applications cannot be submitted or sent to the Embassy of Canada in Algiers. See Paris
Paris Internet Site
Internet Site
Burkina Faso Ouagadougou
Abidjan Internet Site
Cameroon Yaounde Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad Abidjan Internet Site
Congo Kinshasa Nairobi Internet Site
Egypt Cairo Egypt, Sudan, and Palestinians resident in Gaza Internet Site
Internet Site
Eritrea
Asmara
Nairobi Internet Site
Ethiopia Addis Ababa Nairobi
Ghana Accra PR: Ascension, Benin, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea (refugees), Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome e Principe, Sierra Leone, St. Helena, Togo, Tristan da Cunha, VISITORS: Ascension, Benin, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Sao Tome e Principe, Sierra Leone, St. Helena, Togo, Tristan da Cunha Internet Site
Iran Tehran Iran Damascus Internet Site
Israel Tel Aviv Israel, West Bank (Palestinian Authority) Internet Site
Ivory Coast Abidjan The services of the Visa and Immigration Section have been temporarily suspended until further notice. Dakar Internet Site
Jordan Amman Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, West Bank (Palestinian Authority) Damascus (Iraq, Jordan)
Tel Aviv [West Bank (Palestinian Authority)] Internet Site
Kenya Nairobi Burundi, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, French Southern Territories, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mayotte, Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda Internet Site
Lebanon Beirut Lebanon Damascus Internet Site
Libya Tripoli Libya

*Due to the temporary suspension of service of the Visa Section, temporary resident applications (for visitors, students and temporary workers) for nationals from the above country may submit their application in person to any other Canadian visa office. Paris Internet Site
Madagascar Antananarivo Nairobi Internet Site
Mali Bamako Abidjan Internet Site
Morocco Rabat Morocco, Western Sahara Internet Site
Nigeria Lagos Nigeria Accra Internet Site
Rwanda Kigali Nairobi Internet Site
Saudi Arabia Riyadh Saudi Arabia Abu Dhabi Internet Site
Senegal Dakar Due to the temporary closure of the visa office in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, the visa office in Dakar is currently responsible for applications from: Burkina-Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea (except refugees), Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal.

Exception for the following categories: applications from Federal Skilled Workers and Quebec-selected Skilled Workers must apply to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada).
VISITORS: Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania and Senegal

Due to the temporary closure of the visa office in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, the visa office in Dakar is also currently responsible for applications from: Burkina-Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, and Niger.
Internet Site
South Africa Pretoria Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe Internet Site
Syria Damascus PR: Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, VISITORS: Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria Internet Site
Tunisia Tunis Libya, Tunisia Paris Internet Site
Internet Site
United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi (Business and Skilled Worker classes apply to London), PR: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, VISITORS: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Yemen Internet Site
Zimbabwe Harare Zimbabwe Pretoria Internet Site

Europe

Country Visa Office(s)
Austria Vienna PR: Austria, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, VISITORS: Austria, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia Internet Site
Czech Republic Prague Czech Republic Vienna Internet Site
France Paris PR: Algeria, Andorra, Azores, Belgium, Canary Islands, France, Gibraltar, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, VISITORS: Algeria, Andorra, Azores, Belgium, Canary Islands, France, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland Internet Site
Germany Berlin Germany, Netherlands
Switzerland (study or work permits only) Internet Site
Italy Rome Albania, Greece, Italy, Malta, San Marino, Vatican City Internet Site
Poland Warsaw Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland Internet Site
Romania Bucharest Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania Internet Site
Russia Moscow Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan Internet Site
Serbia Belgrade Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina Vienna Internet Site
Turkey Ankara Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Turkmenistan Internet Site
Ukraine Kyiv Ukraine Internet Site
United Kingdom London PR:Channel Islands, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Wales (and Skilled Worker and Business Class applications from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen)

Pakistan: Economic Class (Skilled Worker, Entrepreneur, Investor and Provincial Nominee) applications only
VISITORS: Channel Islands, Denmark, England, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, Wales Internet Site

Western Hemisphere

Country Visa Office(s)
Covering Processing Mission Web Site
Argentina Buenos Aires Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay Internet Site
Brazil Sao Paulo Brazil Internet Site
Chile Santiago Chile Internet Site
Colombia Bogota Colombia, Ecuador; Immigrants: Yes — except for Quebec-selected economic class (skilled worker, entrepreneur and investor) applications, processed in Mexico City.
Visitors: Yes
Workers: Yes
Students: Yes Internet Site
Costa Rica San José Costa Rica (visitors)
Guatemala Internet Site
Cuba Havana Cuba Internet Site
Dominican Republic Santo Domingo Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti the visa office at the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo is responsible for immigrant applications, visitor visa, study permit and work permit applications from people in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Internet Site
Ecuador Quito Ecuador Bogota Internet Site
El Salvador San Salvador El Salvador Guatemala City Internet Site
Guatemala Guatemala City Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragu, Panama Internet Site
Guyana Georgetown
Port of Spain Internet Site
Haiti Port-au-Prince Immigrant: Haiti – limited service – see Update: priority processing measures in Haiti
For Dominican Republic, see Santo Domingo
For French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Marie-Galante, Martinique, Saba, St. Barthélemy, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten, St. Martin, see Port of Spain; VISITORS:

Applications from Dominican Republic and Haiti should be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo

Applications from French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Marie-Galante, Martinique, Saba, St. Barthelémy, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten, St. Martin should be sent to the visa office at the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain Internet Site
Jamaica Kingston Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos Islands Internet Site
Mexico Mexico City Immigrant: Mexico
Colombia and Ecuador — Quebec-selected economic class (skilled worker, entrepreneur and investor) applications only; Visitors: Mexico
Internet Site
Panama Panama City Panama Guatemala City Internet Site
Peru Lima Bolivia, Peru Internet Site
Trinidad and Tobago Port of Spain Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and, until further notice, French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Marie-Galante, Martinique, Saba, St. Barthelémy, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten, St. Martin Internet Site
United States Buffalo
Detroit
Los Angeles
New York
Seattle
Washington, D.C.
Buffalo: Immigration: Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon, United States (including Puerto Rico), Visitors: United States; DETROIT: Immigration: Buffalo, visitors: United States (including Puerto Rico); LOS ANGELES: Immigration: Buffalo, Visitors: United States (including Puerto Rico); NEW YORK: Immigration: Buffalo, Visitors: Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon, United States (including Puerto Rico); SEATTLE: Immigration: Buffalo, Visitors: United States (including Puerto Rico); WASHINGTON D.C.: Immigration: Buffalo, Visitors: United States (including Puerto Rico) Buffalo
Detroit
Los Angeles
New York
Seattle
Washington, D.C.
Venezuela Caracas Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Venezuela Internet Site

Immigration-Québec offices abroad

Paris Hong-Kong Vienna Maghreb
Mexico Sao Paulo
Damascus New York

Açores - in French
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria - in French
American Samoa
Andorra - in French
Anegada - in French
Angola - in French
Anguilla - in French
Antigua and Barbuda - in French
Greece - in French
Greenland - in French
Grenada - in French
Guadeloupe - in French
Guam
Guatemala - in French
Guinea-Bissau - in French
Guinea - in French
Guyana - in French
Haïti - in French
Peru - in French
Philippines
Pitcairn Island
Poland
Ponap
Porto Rico - in French
Portugal - in French
Qatar
Québec (Canada)
Redonda - in French
Argentina - in French
Armenia
Aruba - in French
Ascension Island - in French
Australia
Austria
Azerbaïdjan
Bahamas - in French
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Honduras - in French
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland - in French
India
Indonesia
Irak
Iran
Ireland - in French
Isle of Man - in French
Réunion - in French
Romania
Russia
Rwanda - in French
Sabah
Saba - in French
Saint-Eustache - in French
Saint Helena - in French
Saint Kitts and Nevis - in French
Saint Lucia - in French
Barbados - in French
Belarus
Belgium - in French
Belize - in French
Benin - in French
Bequia - in French
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia - in French
Bonaire - in French
Israel - in French
Italy - in French
Jamaica - in French
Japan
Johnston Island
Jordan
Jost Van Dyke - in French
Kazakhstan
Kenya - in French
Kirghizistan
Saint Martin - in French
Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon
Saint Vincent - in French
San Marino - in French
Sao Tomé and Principe - in French
Sarawak
Saudi Arabia
Scotland - in French
Senegal - in French
Serbia
Bora Bora
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Botswana - in French
Brazil - in French
British Virgin Islands - in French
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso - in French
Burundi - in French
Cambodia
Kiribati
Kosrae
Kuwait
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho - in French
Liberia - in French
Libya - in French
Liechtenstein - in French
Lithuania
Seychelles - in French
Sierra Leone - in French
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia - in French
South Africa - in French
South Korea
Spain - in French
Cameroon - in French
Canada (excluding Québec)
Canada (Québec only)
Canary Islands - in French
Canouan - in French
Cape Verde - in French
Carriacou Island - in French
Cayman Islands - in French
Central African Republic - in French
Chad - in French
Luxembourg - in French
Macao
Macedonia
Madagascar - in French
Madeira - in French
Malawi - in French
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali - in French
Malta - in French
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Surinam - in French
Swaziland - in French
Sweden - in French
Switzerland - in French
Syria
Tadjikistan
Tahiti
Taiwan
Channel Islands - in French
Chile - in French
China (People's Republic of)
Colombia - in French
Comoros Island - in French
Congo (Democratic Republic of) - in French
Congo (Republic of) - in French
Cook Islands
Costa-Rica - in French
Côte d'Ivoire - in French
Marinas Islands
Marshall Islands
Martinique - in French
Mauritania - in French
Mauritius - in French
Mayreau - in French
Mexico - in French
Micronesia
Midway Islands
Moldova
Tanzania - in French
Thailand
Togo - in French
Tonga
Tortola - in French
Trinidad and Tobago - in French
Tristan Da Cunha - in French
Truk Island
Tunisia - in French
Turk and Caicos Islands - in French
Croatia
Cuba - in French
Curaçao - in French
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark - in French
Djibouti - in French
Dominican Republic - in French
Dominica - in French
Egypt
Monaco - in French
Mongolia
Montenegro
Montserrat - in French
Morocco - in French
Mozambique - in French
Mustique - in French
Myanmar
Namibia - in French
Nauru
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda - in French
Ukraine
Union Island - in French
United Arab Emirates
United States
Uruguay - in French
Uzbekistan
El Salvador - in French
England - in French
Equador - in French
Equatorial Guinea - in French
Eritrea - in French
Estonia
Ethiopia - in French
Faroe Islands - in French
Fiji
Finland - in French
Nepal
Netherlands - in French
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Nicaragua - in French
Nigeria - in French
Niger - in French
Niue
Norfolk Island
Northern Ireland - in French
Vanuatu
Vatican - in French
Venezuela - in French
Vietnam
Wake Island
Wales - in French
Wallis and Futuna Islands
Western Sahara - in French
Western Samoa
Yap Island
France - in French
French Guyana - in French
French Polynesia
Gabon - in French
Gambia - in French
Georgia
Germany
Ghana - in French
Gibraltar - in French
Great Britain - in French
Northern Mariana Islands
North Korea
Norway - in French
Oman
Pacific Islands
Pakistan
Palau (Belau)
Panama - in French
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay - in French
Yemen
Zambia - in French
Zimbabwe - in French

Working with lawyers and consultants

Guidelines on working with immigration representatives have now been consolidated in IP 9, Use of Representatives Paid or Unpaid.

In accordance with the regulatory amendments and previous instructions to the field, CIC has not been dealing with unauthorized representatives in the context of applications submitted after April 13, 2004.

Responding to case status inquiries

Once the visa office is satisfied that an immigration representative has been designated by the applicant the office may respond to straightforward case status inquiries verbally or in writing. If there is any doubt as to a representative’s identity, information should not be given over the telephone.

Any complex or in-depth inquiry or discussion related to an individual case should be accepted and responded to in writing only.

Any case-specific interchange of information should have a written record, including an annotation in the CAIPS/FOSS case notes to ensure that no misunderstandings occur.

Representatives in CAIPS/FOSS/GCMS

Offices should capture the names of representatives (including lawyers and consultants) in the
GCMS/CAIPS representative field and compile consistent lists.

Response to inquiries and representations – clients and representatives

The responsibility for responding to inquiries or representations varies depending on the issue.

Listed below are the various categories of inquiries/representations and to whom the issue should
be directed:

A) Individual case inquiries related to the decision or decision-making process
Visa office e-mail address.
If there is no reply after 30 days or if there is a disagreement with the reply, you may contact Case
Management Branch, by e-mail at case-review-im-enquiry@cic.gc.ca and copy the responsible
Director for the geographic region by e-mail (preferred) or by fax to 613-957-5802.

B) Local office procedures
Immigration Program Manager via the visa office e-mail address.
If no reply after 30 days, you may contact the Director for the geographic region by e-mail (preferred) or by fax at 613-957-5802.
C) Quality of service complaints, or situations involving possible professional misconduct or malfeasance
Immigration Program Manager by e-mail.
E-mail address format: firstname.lastname@international.gc.ca.
If no reply after 30 days, Director for the geographic region by fax at 613-957-5802.

D) General procedures, procedural consistency between offices, operational policy, global processing times and levels
Director, Operational Coordination, International Region Branch.
If a reply from an International Region Director under B, C, or D has not been received after 30 days, a follow up may be initiated to the Senior Director, Geographic Operations, by fax at 613-957-5802.

E) Immigration (selection) policy

Write to the appropriate Director within Immigration Branch.
Family class: Director, Social Policy and Programs.
Skilled workers, provincial nominees, students, temporary workers: Director, Economic Policy and Programs.
Business class: Director, Business Immigration.
Ministerial Instructions, Levels: Director, Horizontal Immigration Policy.
At this time, all visa offices are equipped to receive enquiries via e-mail, including case-specific enquiries.

While many visa offices may now systematically also respond to e-mail enquiries by e-mail, other visa offices are still working to put e-mail management systems in place and are monitoring the reliability of e-mail delivery in their countries of responsibility. The protocol encourages visa offices to respond to e-mails via e-mail, but allows immigration program managers the flexibility to use operationally feasible and efficient channels for response (whether this is e-mail, fax, letter or other means) depending on the local environment and conditions.

The protocol requires that visa offices:
receive client enquiries via e-mail;
respond to e-mails (acceptable responses include automated replies, standard responses, and case-specific replies via e-mail or other channels);
have a dedicated e-mail enquiries mailbox and address; and handle e-mail enquiries in the same way as other enquiries are handled (e.g., have written consent to release personal information to third parties, ensure client is adequately “identified” before any personal information is released).

E-mail enquirers must therefore state:
the enquirer’s full name;
who they are (i.e., the applicant, the applicant’s designated individual, the applicant’s authorized representative, Canadian MP); and their e-mail address;
and provide, as a minimum, the applicant’s:
given name;
family name;
date of birth; and
visa office file number.
Visa offices must also:
establish, publish and adhere to response times for e-mail enquiries;
have the client’s consent to communicate via e-mail;
respond to the client in the official language of the client’s choice;
provide cautions to clients using e-mail to protect their personal identifiers and to be aware that e-mail is not a secure channel;
protect the privacy of CIC staff;
provide CIC identifiers in e-mail replies: office name and address;
provide clear instructions to clients on what address to use and what information to include with an enquiry.
Enquiries and representation should be sent to these mailboxes, not to the mailboxes of individual
officers or program managers. Enquiries or representation should be sent either by e-mail or by
fax/mail, not both.

Communication with lawyers, notaries, CSIC members and other representatives

The following principles are to be observed.

Written versus oral communication on files
A professional, non-adversarial relationship must be maintained in which the office’s fairness and objectivity cannot be called into question because of the appearance of conflict of interest or bias.
Immigration representatives may contribute to the design of policies at National Headquarters but they are not partners in the field, as they represent the interests of individual cases. It is important to provide all representatives and applicants with the same service standards and courtesies, whether they have hired a representative or not. This ensures a level playing field between applicants who are represented and those who are not and provides all applicants with equal access to our offices.
Once the office is satisfied that a representative has been designated by the applicant, the office may respond to straightforward case status inquiries verbally or in writing. If there is any doubt as to a representative's identity, information should not be given over the telephone. Any complex or in-depth inquiry or discussion related to an individual case should be accepted and responded to in writing only.
Call Centre

Call Centre agents are mandated to only provide case-specific information on applicants being processed within Canada.

Case-specific information can be released to a representative or a designated individual on the telephone if that person has been permitted and appointed by the applicant in writing to receive
information on the case.

This individual will also be expected to answer specific client identifiers relating to the applicant. According to the Access to Information and Privacy Acts, if the information provided matches details in FOSS/CRS (GCMS), the Call Centre agent can release case-specific information to a third party in good faith. The applicant, and members of Parliament who are enquiring on behalf of the applicant, can also receive case-specific details about their file, on the condition that they provide the required client identifiers.

One of the biggest challenges for Call Centre agents lies not with the release of information, but the
amendment of information currently on file by a third party, specifically change of address.

Call Centre agents can allow a representative or designated individual to update a client’s address if the applicant has permitted this individual in writing to receive information on the case. This decision is based on CIC recognizing that the designated individual can change a client’s address electronically using CIC’s
Secure OnLine Services.

This also resolves the challenge for a number of clients who face language barriers and who require assistance with providing their new address in French or English.

Refugee protection claimants

In order for a paid representative to conduct business with the IRB, the representative must be authorized and must complete the Counsel Contact Information form. This form needs to be completed only once by each counsel, whether paid or unpaid.

If the representative is unpaid, both the person concerned and their representative must also complete
and sign the Notice of Representation without a Fee form. This form must be completed at each proceeding before the IRB where that representative is acting as counsel.

Both of these IRB forms are applicable to all three IRB divisions and their proceedings, that is, refugee
protection proceedings before the Refugee Protection Division, admissibility hearings and detention
reviews before the Immigration Division and appeals before the Immigration Appeal Division.

If the forms are required but are not provided to the IRB, the IRB will deal only with the person appearing before the IRB and treat them as unrepresented.

Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) applicants

Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) applicants who identify an unauthorized representative for the
processing of their applications will be sent letters similar to that in Appendix C. Applicants are given
the option of retaining an authorized representative or continuing their processing as unrepresented.

They will also be informed that no decision will be made on their application until 30 days following
their PRRA notification (this is the due date for their written submissions).

Should the applicant not respond in time to meet the deadline, they will be deemed to have indicated a wish to proceed as unrepresented and CIC will continue with the assessment of the application.

Should their application necessitate an oral hearing, they will not be permitted to be accompanied at
the hearing by the unauthorized representative.

The applicant has the option of submitting a new IMM 5476 at the time of the hearing or declaring a new individual as their authorized representative, as long as that representative meets the criteria set out in the Regulations. A new representative could be designated at a hearing if the original representative is on holiday, or cannot appear for various reasons, or if the original representative’s membership was suspended.

Refusal to deal with a representative (case in process)

If it is discovered through a complaint and/or investigation (see Section 9) that the applicant is paying
for the services of an unauthorized representative while the application is being processed, the
office must no longer conduct business with this individual until they become authorized and a new
IMM 5476 is submitted.

The office must send the applicant a letter informing them that their representative is not authorized
and that CIC will deal only with the applicant directly (Appendix F provides a sample letter). If the
application contains a home mailing address for the applicant, this address should be used. If the
office has no other way of contacting the applicant, the letter should be sent to the mailing address on
file.

If officers obtain proof of the use of a concealed representative during processing, they could consider
using their authority under A40 to refuse the applicant for misrepresentation.

http://www.immconsultant.net/cic/canadian-visa-offices

Read what you have above and note the number of countries Accra handles for the immigration category compared with other regions.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
M5 said:
Chekswat, Accra may or may not ask for proof of funds again, but i will advice you start building up your funds. I applied in 2011 with bank statement and property evaluations and got MR in Oct last year with RPRF,and other necessary forms to be updated but without a request for updated proof of fund. Only for me to get a mail last week requesting for POF after MR, and the VO informed me they do not accept property evaluation as POF and requested for my bank statement. So please be prepared.
M5, please can you confirm how many months statement of account is ideal to be printed for this post PER POF.

Do we have anyone that have printed one month and got PRV afterwards? Is number of months statement stated anywhere in the CIC website?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egbe said:
M5, please can you confirm how many months statement of account is ideal to be printed for this post PER POF.

Do we have anyone that have printed one month and got PRV afterwards? Is number of months statement stated anywhere in the CIC website?

From all the once that i have read,the minimum is 6 months and maximum is 12 months.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
GENTLEANDREW said:
From all the once that i have read,the minimum is 6 months and maximum is 12 months.
Andrew,

Please where did you read this one.

This is massive. I think I did just about 3 months in my application to CIC before PER.

Any other opinion please?

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Good evening all,
Its nice to know that this kind of group exists. God bless the guy or lady that created it. I have been reading through all the post all day and i must say, hv learnt alot. I only but wonder how some people got their application in within the first two weeks in may.
Anyways i have a question on the POF. From what i have read both here and from the seniors Landed properties are no longer accepted. I just want to know if FIX DEPOSITS are still allowed because i have mine fix and obviously with no transactions on it. I need to know if i should terminate the investment and put it back in my main account . Thank you

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
shinemaster said:
Good evening all,
Its nice to know that this kind of group exists. God bless the guy or lady that created it. I have been reading through all the post all day and i must say, hv learnt alot. I only but wonder how some people got their application in within the first two weeks in may.
Anyways i have a question on the POF. From what i have read both here and from the seniors Landed properties are no longer accepted. I just want to know if FIX DEPOSITS are still allowed because i have mine fix and obviously with no transactions on it. I need to know if i should terminate the investment and put it back in my main account . Thank you
Fixed deposits are proof that your money is available to you at any time. I used a fixed deposit for my application and it went just fine. As long as its in your name and the bank letter is available....you are good to go.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Welcome to the forum!!!

As pa applyin in the 1st week of may, na calculated risk aside the fact dat there was no FSW in 2012, we already gathered our docs based on wat we read waitin nd prayin dat d occupation list favours us, thank God it did.

Fixed deposit can b use as POF if u submit ur contract letter becos the whole essence it to just show dat u ve enuff funds to take care of ursef nd ur family wen u eventually move to canada but it wnt fly @ d point of entry cos it wnt b easily assesible in ur fixed deposit acct.

shinemaster said:
Good evening all,

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.