+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

motivated

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello Everyone, I have been a silent guest follower of this thread for a while and eventually decided to register. I must say that I am happy and very impressed with the support and assistance you give to each other on several questions and issues bothering on 2013 FSWP. Please continue and keep up the good work!

I submitted my application on December 19, 2013 for NOC 2263. I understand that it is still quite early to expect anything from CIO considering the average times of other applicants before receiving PER. But I would like to ask the experienced members in the house if there is any other way I can confirm receipt of my application other than sending an email which I guess is rather too early.

More specifically, i would like to know how and when you can obtain a UCI number to track your application online. Although, by my calculation, I do not envisage receiving any response till sometime in late February or early March but who knows nothing is impossible.

I will kindly appreciate a response and advice from any of you early 2013 applicants. Many thanks for the good job once again!

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
motivated said:
Hello Everyone, I have been a silent guest follower of this thread for a while and eventually decided to register. I must say that I am happy and very impressed with the support and assistance you give to each other on several questions and issues bothering on 2013 FSWP. Please continue and keep up the good work!

I submitted my application on December 19, 2013 for NOC 2263. I understand that it is still quite early to expect anything from CIO considering the average times of other applicants before receiving PER. But I would like to ask the experienced members in the house if there is any other way I can confirm receipt of my application other than sending an email which I guess is rather too early.

More specifically, i would like to know how and when you can obtain a UCI number to track your application online. Although, by my calculation, I do not envisage receiving any response till sometime in late February or early March but who knows nothing is impossible.

I will kindly appreciate a response and advice from any of you early 2013 applicants. Many thanks for the good job once again!
Ascertaining receipt of the application is done from tracking your package via the Courier company's website (using the tracking nos you were given). I'm not sure you can get a UCI without your PER mail (i stand to be corrected sha).

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Firstly, u are welcome. This forum is all about sharing information and helping fellow forumites.

To answer your questions, firstly are you certain your application arrived on December 19? If you sent your application via courier, then this information will be available from the tracking service they provide. If it actually arrived on the 19th, then you should expect to have your CC charged before the end of next week because a December 6 applicant was charged last Friday.

Secondly, you can actually get your UCI number before your PER because I have gotten mine although I have not received any PER. My fee was encashed on Jan 7 and i got it 3 days later and i have been able to use it to check the status of my application which currently shows IN PROCESS.. I'm now a lot calmer waiting for my PER. What I don't know is if you can get it before your fee is charged. To get your UCI number, call CIC or send them an email requesting for it.

motivated said:

lakeside2014

Jan 15, 2014
hello everyone i am the newestbie in town hope to apply under noc 2144. just planned to send my
result to wes and have my ielts taken can i still make the 2013 cap.thanks ur response will be appreciated.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Go ahead, I think you'd be fine if you can get your application there by March considering no WES or IELTS yet. I doubt that 2144 will even get to 200 at the end of the 2013 intake year. I also feel you will also be fine through the overall Cap as I doubt any other NOC outside 2263 and 2134 would get to 300 applications. In my opinion CIC may not receive the 5000 applications they requested for by April 30.

Bottom line, apply.

lakeside2014 said:
hello everyone i am the newestbie in town hope to apply under noc 2144. just planned to send my
result to wes and have my ielts taken can i still make the 2013 cap.thanks ur response will be appreciated.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Seconded! But u nid to wait for the charge to get ur UCI nos cos evn if u tried reaching them b4 that tym dey will tell u they dnt ve ur record as ur details re inputted into the sys wen dey open ur package as in d case of GEntleandrew. And i ll advise u get the day it actually got to CIC that will help u track wen to get PER @ least.

nanonye said:
Firstly, u are welcome. This forum is all about sharing information and helping fellow forumites.

To answer your questions, firstly are you certain your application arrived on December 19? If you sent your application via courier, then this information will be available from the tracking service they provide. If it actually arrived on the 19th, then you should expect to have your CC charged before the end of next week because a December 6 applicant was charged last Friday.

Secondly, you can actually get your UCI number before your PER because I have gotten mine although I have not received any PER. My fee was encashed on Jan 7 and i got it 3 days later and i have been able to use it to check the status of my application which currently shows IN PROCESS.. I'm now a lot calmer waiting for my PER. What I don't know is if you can get it before your fee is charged. To get your UCI number, call CIC or send them an email requesting for it.

maskuraid

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/01/2014
nanonye said:

I hope the calling option does not turn out like mine did. I spent so much getting tossed round all their extensions and when i finally spoke to a lady,she said i had to call another nos. She took my e- mail with a promise to send the nos but never did. Th e-mai i sent to the listed address was never replied. You can just have faith and keep trying. But you definitely need to get charged first...

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motivated said:

I can understand how nervous it can be for you at this time.If your date of receipt in their office has reached 6 weeks,send a case enquiry request to them with your full information.They will respond in 4 weeks;by then it is the 10th week they usually respond to status update.If your file is in their database,they will tell you about it including your UCI in the mail especially when it is positive.It is going to be positive.Just be positive yourself.

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Please rejoice with me good people of this forum as I almost deleted my PER from my Junkmail but God no gree! I give God all the glory!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefulval said:
Please rejoice with me good people of this forum as I almost deleted my PER from my Junkmail but God no gree! I give God all the glory!

Big congrats to you•

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Hopefulval said:
Congratulations Hopefulval. I've refreshed my email about a thousand times already today. Hope mine arrives soon too :p

motivated

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Congrats Hopefulval and thanks to maskuraid, nanonye and gentleandrew for taking time to respond to my post. This is why I fee very happy and delighted at seeing your good works in providing guidance, sharing information and encouraging others on this forum. Kudos to you all!

My application was actually sent via courier (DHL) on the 12th of December 2013. I confirmed that it was delivered on the 19th of December 2013 through the courier online tracker and even followed up with a call to the their customer representative to further confirm the delivery. On the form of payment, I used a DD and not a CC so I guess it will be hard for me to tell when the charge is made on my application.

Like most of you have explained that I can only get a UCI after a charge has been made on my application, which in my own case will be less likely to determine, I plan to send an email and/or call CIC to make inquiry about my submission. But I will most likely wait a bit till the 8th or 10 week before doing this like one of you had suggested.

I will appreciate if anyone can provide me the right email address to send the inquiry to, the exact details to state in the mail and actual telephone number(s) I can dial to reach CIC.

Also, I will welcome other advice from any of you based on the information I have provided above and in addition from those of you that used a DD instead of a CC. I will be happy if you can shed more light on when and how you were able to follow up on your application to get a response. I appreciate you all for your effort in making this a good forum. Thanks!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motivated said:
Congrats Hopefulval and thanks to maskuraid, nanonye and gentleandrew for taking time to respond to my post. This is why I fee very happy and delighted at seeing your good works in providing guidance, sharing information and encouraging others on this forum. Kudos to you all!

My application was actually sent via courier (DHL) on the 12th of December 2013. I confirmed that it was delivered on the 19th of December 2013 through the courier online tracker and even followed up with a call to the their customer representative to further confirm the delivery. On the form of payment, I used a DD and not a CC so I guess it will be hard for me to tell when the charge is made on my application.

Like most of you have explained that I can only get a UCI after a charge has been made on my application, which in my own case will be less likely to determine, I plan to send an email and/or call CIC to make inquiry about my submission. But I will most likely wait a bit till the 8th or 10 week before doing this like one of you had suggested.

I will appreciate if anyone can provide me the right email address to send the inquiry to, the exact details to state in the mail and actual telephone number(s) I can dial to reach CIC.

Also, I will welcome other advice from any of you based on the information I have provided above and in addition from those of you that used a DD instead of a CC. I will be happy if you can shed more light on when and how you were able to follow up on your application to get a response. I appreciate you all for your effort in making this a good forum. Thanks!

I will get you the email address•Do not wait till the 8th or 10th week before you ask•It takes 4 weeks to respond and they would have opened your file when it is 10th week•That is why I said you should send it by the 6th week•Information to be incuded include first name lastname date of birth country of origin your NOC•This is ok to search you out in their database•

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Thank you everyone!

Don't worry, Motivated, anxiety and patience are parts of the training needed to go to Canada but it shall be well with you and your application. Just try to relax. For me, once you can track that your application package was received, try to get the name of the receiver and the exact time it was received from DHL. If you want, you can track hearing from CIC using the FSW 2013 spreadsheet, it helped me because once nobody behind me had received PER I was ok. To track using the spreadsheet, join this forum and then give your details, the admin will add it and then you can track from there. Sometimes, there are little discrepancies here and there but it is generally orderly in terms of charging and PER receipt. For DD applicant though, it may be difficult to tell when your DD is encashed.

All the best!