+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So,happy to see so many of us on this thread.I actually applied on the 19th of August and yet to get PER.I am hopeful.My NOC is 2243.It is quite interesting to read the information of the person that will have the whole process completed in exactly one year.I really pray that Accra VO will be able to achieve that.

Please,lets relate our experiences from time to time.God bless us all.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great people,
among us that have received PER,did we get our UCI number before we got the PER.I have been trying to get it via phone call but it has been extremely difficult.Though,one of us gave an e-mail that can be used but if you read the automated response,it points clearly to the fact that you must have UCI before you can get any information from them

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
I got the UCI number with PER but a couple of people were able to get their UCI number from CIC via phone so it won't hurt to try that.

Highlyfavored

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Nomination.....
16-10-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
Soon IJN
Med's Done....
Soon IJN
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
Soon IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
Soon IJN
This is for those who made their payments through the debit mastercard and have received PER, how much is the Naira equivalent that was charged for $CAD550 ?

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
I doubt if you will be able to receive UCI number before your application is opened for review and from what i have read in other forum, CIC is still working on july applications. Those that were able to receive UCI number via fone either had their cc charged or they already passed their application date. Just relax, you will get yours in due time.

GENTLEANDREW said:
Great people,
among us that have received PER,did we get our UCI number before we got the PER.I have been trying to get it via phone call but it has been extremely difficult.Though,one of us gave an e-mail that can be used but if you read the automated response,it points clearly to the fact that you must have UCI before you can get any information from them

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
I have asked the same question in the 2011 applicants forum and i got is some scolding and advise to be very patient, so i ll say lets pray we wont have to wait for long and that they stick to the 1yr announced by the minister.

Acesbaby said:
Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum. I applied on the 17th of May, and got my PER on the 2nd of August under NOC 1112. Good to know I can connect with other applicants here. Just like everyone else, I am wondering when Accra will have our time.

Oyifien

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Nomination.....
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
GENTLEANDREW said:
Great people,
Quote from: raz002vp on September 18, 2013, 09:16:00 am
Can anyone post the toll free number of CIC where I can inquire my application. what should I ask them if I do so?

Contact Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

To know the status of your application by calling CIC
from outside Canada dial - 0016139444000
select
1 for English then
1 for foreign affair
2 for immigration
call is being transferred to CIC then
1 for English
2 for status
1 for PR
8 digit client id number will be asked listen the request 3 times without entering client id number
remember they might tell you we don't have access to the system, you should call them 1 more day, if they says again try it again.
tell them i have an application in progress and i want to know the client ID number.

Oyifien

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Nomination.....
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi people,
do we have anyone in the house who knows how to contact CIC to get Universal Client Identification number using e-mail.It is quite difficult by phone.

How far with the people who have their files transferred to accra?Any update?

We keep hoping and praying to God to be capped.
Quote from: raz002vp on September 18, 2013, 09:16:00 am
Can anyone post the toll free number of CIC where I can inquire my application. what should I ask them if I do so?

Contact Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

To know the status of your application by calling CIC
from outside Canada dial - 0016139444000
select
1 for English then
1 for foreign affair
2 for immigration
call is being transferred to CIC then
1 for English
2 for status
1 for PR
8 digit client id number will be asked listen the request 3 times without entering client id number
remember they might tell you we don't have access to the system, you should call them 1 more day, if they says again try it again.
tell them i have an application in progress and i want to know the client ID number.

Oyifien

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Nomination.....
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi people,
do we have anyone in the house who knows how to contact CIC to get Universal Client Identification number using e-mail.It is quite difficult by phone.

How far with the people who have their files transferred to accra?Any update?

We keep hoping and praying to God to be capped.
CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca
To conduct a proper search of our records we require:
· Applicants full name as per passport
· Date of Birth
· UCI# (if known)

JT
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
phunrae said:
I have asked the same question in the 2011 applicants forum and i got is some scolding and advise to be very patient, so i ll say lets pray we wont have to wait for long and that they stick to the 1yr announced by the minister.
;D ;D ;D I read the posts in the 2011 applicants' forum and quite frankly, I was feeling sorry for your bum bum, because those guys gave you a really thrashing ... :D :D :D I just believe that everyone should be optimistic. MI8 applicants (5000) are half of MI3 applicants (10000) which are half of MI2 applicants (20000). So the theoretically, the processing times should be less.

By the way, let us hope our Minister would not be embarrassed by the Accra Visa Office, because he estimated that processing will be "approximately" one year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-05-03.asp

News Release — Canada’s new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program opening to applicants

Ottawa, May 3, 2013 — Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will be accepting applications to the new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) as of May 4, 2013.

“The government’s number one priority remains jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “Our changes ensure not only that Canada can select the immigrants most needed by our economy, but that they are best positioned for success.”

Improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research, which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants. The FSWP has been modernized as a result of thorough research, an extensive program evaluation, stakeholder and public consultations, and a study of best practices in other countries.

The goal of the updated selection criteria is to improve economic outcomes by selecting immigrants who will be able to integrate more rapidly and successfully into Canada’s economy.

The changes will also support Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2013 by building a fast and flexible immigration system whose primary focus is meeting Canada’s economic and labour market needs. Among these changes is the introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment, so that foreign credentials are evaluated based on their true value in Canada, thereby ensuring that newcomers can make an informed decision before immigrating.

In order to prevent ballooning backlogs and lengthy wait times, there is a list of occupations with a set number of applications that will be accepted this year.

Previously, the application backlog for the FSWP was on track for an unacceptable 15-year wait time by 2015 with over 1.5 million applicants in the backlog.

As a result of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration and Economic Action Plan 2012, the backlog for the FSWP has been nearly eliminated, and new applications are being processed in approximately one year.

Full details and new FSWP application kits will be available on CIC’s website later today in time for the May 4 launch of the Program.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
I refused to be moved by all their scolds o, i am just having fun here and i dnt see anyting wrong in the question, if i dnt hear anyting from AVO i ll ask the question again........lol

quote author=thebaft link=topic=160551.msg2623032#msg2623032 date=1381083786]
;D ;D ;D I read the posts in the 2011 applicants' forum and quite frankly, I was feeling sorry for your bum bum, because those guys gave you a really thrashing ... :D :D :D I just believe that everyone should be optimistic. MI8 applicants (5000) are half of MI3 applicants (10000) which are half of MI2 applicants (20000). So the theoretically, the processing times should be less.

By the way, let us hope our Minister would not be embarrassed by the Accra Visa Office, because he estimated that processing will be "approximately" one year.

News Release — Canada's new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program opening to applicants

Ottawa, May 3, 2013 — Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will be accepting applications to the new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) as of May 4, 2013.

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “Our changes ensure not only that Canada can select the immigrants most needed by our economy, but that they are best positioned for success.”

Improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research, which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants. The FSWP has been modernized as a result of thorough research, an extensive program evaluation, stakeholder and public consultations, and a study of best practices in other countries.

The goal of the updated selection criteria is to improve economic outcomes by selecting immigrants who will be able to integrate more rapidly and successfully into Canada's economy.

The changes will also support Canada's Economic Action Plan 2013 by building a fast and flexible immigration system whose primary focus is meeting Canada's economic and labour market needs. Among these changes is the introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment, so that foreign credentials are evaluated based on their true value in Canada, thereby ensuring that newcomers can make an informed decision before immigrating.

In order to prevent ballooning backlogs and lengthy wait times, there is a list of occupations with a set number of applications that will be accepted this year.

Previously, the application backlog for the FSWP was on track for an unacceptable 15-year wait time by 2015 with over 1.5 million applicants in the backlog.

As a result of the Action Plan for Faster Immigration and Economic Action Plan 2012, the backlog for the FSWP has been nearly eliminated, and new applications are being processed in approximately one year.

Full details and new FSWP application kits will be available on CIC's website later today in time for the May 4 launch of the Program.
[/quote]

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
phunrae said:
I refused to be moved by all their scolds o, i am just having fun here and i dnt see anyting wrong in the question, if i dnt hear anyting from AVO i ll ask the question again........lol

quote author=thebaft link=topic=160551.msg2623032#msg2623032 date=1381083786]

News Release — Canada's new and improved Federal Skilled Worker Program opening to applicants

“The government's number one priority remains jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “Our changes ensure not only that Canada can select the immigrants most needed by our economy, but that they are best positioned for success.”

The goal of the updated selection criteria is to improve economic outcomes by selecting immigrants who will be able to integrate more rapidly and successfully into Canada's economy.

The changes will also support Canada's Economic Action Plan 2013 by building a fast and flexible immigration system whose primary focus is meeting Canada's economic and labour market needs. Among these changes is the introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment, so that foreign credentials are evaluated based on their true value in Canada, thereby ensuring that newcomers can make an informed decision before immigrating.

Full details and new FSWP application kits will be available on CIC's website later today in time for the May 4 launch of the Program.

phunrae, please don't look at it as if we are scolding you, we are only trying to assist and encourage one another especially when the whole process is so frustrating. You know we are all human beings and tends to react sometimes by voicing our feelings and it really helps to know that someone is somewhere to tell us to take it easy. So lets have fun by sharing, laughing and scolding one another while waiting for our dreams to come through.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
2013 applicants have startd receivin AOR from NDVO, in as much as Accra doesnt send same i no dey ve almost d same amount of backlogs to work on, does dis mean we will soon stat hearin from dem hopin dey ve been able to clear d backlogs too?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
phunrae said:
2013 applicants have startd receivin AOR from NDVO, in as much as Accra doesnt send same i no dey ve almost d same amount of backlogs to work on, does dis mean we will soon stat hearin from dem hopin dey ve been able to clear d backlogs too?
My dear friend one thing you should have by now is PATIENCE. And another advice.. Never ever compare AVO to NDVO... You will be more frustrated.

Wish you guys all the best in this journey.
*Mandie*

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
Hello great peeps,
Greetings, I like to congratulate everyone on receipt of your PER and for joining in the Canada immigration project. I trust God to grant everyone speed and success in this pursuit In Jesus Name. GentleAndrew, great job for starting this thread for New Applicants.

Additionally, I would like to recommend that you all visit and connect with the thread 'Nigeria Applicant Please Let Us Network'. That's a family of great people both here and in Canada. You will not only learn about this whole immigration stuff, but also make great contact that will be valuable in all areas. Meetings are held at a location in Lagos and challenges and successes are shared too. I urge you all to take advantage of the wealth of information on that thread.
All the best guys.
Cheers
DyDx