Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Chimzurum said:
Good morning everyone. We got a letter from our agent saying we have been asked to send in our passports for stamping but we have to pay them $500 before the can send us the letter from accra.

Please for those who have gotten the ppr letter, what were you asked to send alongside your passport? I will appreciate if someone can send me a pm with what their ppr letter looked like. These agents are just overpriced for nothing. I don't advice anyone to pay $3500 to an agent. With benefit of hindsight, It's waste of resources.

Thanks and God bless.
Are you bound by your initial agreement to pay this $500? if so, please pay up. if not, quickly send the email as advised by @kollins to the AVO.

Godspeed.

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
Chimzurum said:
Good morning everyone. We got a letter from our agent saying we have been asked to send in our passports for stamping but we have to pay them $500 before the can send us the letter from accra.

Please for those who have gotten the ppr letter, what were you asked to send alongside your passport? I will appreciate if someone can send me a pm with what their ppr letter looked like. These agents are just overpriced for nothing. I don't advice anyone to pay $3500 to an agent. With benefit of hindsight, It's waste of resources.

Thanks and God bless.
Chimzurum, it is actually too late at this point to cancel your representative. In my opinion, pay whatever you were asked you to pay and move on, remember this is the last phase.

ferdimako

May 1, 2014
RonD75 said:
Please what is the name of your agent? It is so unfair for agents to take advantage of applicants. One actually ask my friend for $500 for ever correspondence with AVO after the initial $3500 he was paid. She paid him $500 during Medicals and I'm sure he will request same when PPR comes.
I haven't gotten PPR yet but I'm sure no money was requested aside ur DHL payment for sending d PP.

Seniors please share some light on this.
I don't even know why people rush to agents and still end up on a forum. People who farm this out should be rich and not interested in any follow-ups.

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
ferdimako said:
I don't even know why people rush to agents and still end up on a forum. People who farm this out should be rich and not interested in any follow-ups.
That's not a very fair statement. Does the fact that you go to a dotor for treatment mean you will not research your symptoms? People use agents for various reasons. Some cos they didn't have enough info from the beginning or they don't have time. Its not always bout being rich. The bottomline is he has a contractual obligation to pay the money. Not all agents are "bad" so please stop the bashing.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Momobee said:
That's not a very fair statement. Does the fact that you go to a dotor for treatment mean you will not research your symptoms? People use agents for various reasons. Some cos they didn't have enough info from the beginning or they don't have time. Its not always bout being rich. The bottomline is he has a contractual obligation to pay the money. Not all agents are "bad" so please stop the bashing.
ferdimako said:
I agree with Momobee.....as much as we try to discuss these agents/consultants,I don't want us to write them off negatively or castigate applicants using them.
many reason avail that makes a person to use agents.The nature of work of some people do not even give them time to follow up on anything so why would they suffer themselves when they can pay someone else to be sleepless?I believe agents are useful even though some goes over-board.
The most important thing is to get a sign agreement that is binding at the initiation of the process so that there will be no issues.
I frown at using consultants without an agreement because surely,one og the parties will exploit the other one.
Cheers.

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
ferdimako said:

When you don't have an answer to a question shut up your mouth and stop showing your ignorance and stupidity.

Festy1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
9-9-2014
Med's Request
10-2-2015
Med's Done....
16-2-2015
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
May-2015
LANDED..........
soon IJN
Chimzurum said:
When you don't have an answer to a question shut up your mouth and stop showing your ignorance and stupidity.

Word!!!!!!!

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
Please guys,

take it ez....

@Chimzurum, go ahead and pay your agent. No need sending AVO e-mail.

Except u have an agreement.....

@canadians,

i agree wiv u dat using agents is nt bad, but this forum is best agent dat any applicant can have.

Cheers

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kollins said:
Its a known fact that they have been de-listed.
The applicant did medicals there before they were scrapped,hence trying to see if the result was submitted to CIC before shut down.
Ultimately,a new medicals may have to be done if there is no realistic confirmation from Asaju.
Cheers.
what happened with asaju? :eek:

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Chimzurum said:
Festy1 said:
Word!!!!!!!
That's too harsh buddy...no need of trading words.
We don't need to agree with each other's opinion.
We've come far without disagreement....we are at the tail end now,let us still tolerate eachother....Please and please.
Let us shield our swords.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
pickabeau said:
what happened with asaju? :eek:
Out of contract with CIC.
Cheers.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Chimzurum said:
@ ferdimako u went too far. Chimzurum is nt happy to have spent such money if he/she knows what he knows now. Chei $4000. over 600,000 naira. It is well. Just settle him. U will recover all the money spent. I feel with you.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
I personally used an agent. Agreement was singed in the beginning and all fees and monies paid in the amount of 3500 as agreed on the contract. No other fee was asked from my agent for what ever reason. A friend of mine used an agent also, had an agreement of 3500 as total fee. But this agent has been exploiting her for every correspondence to AVO. When she renewed passport, she paid $500 to him to inform accra, Medicals she paid 500 again after much argument and fuss. But the agent was as mean as the devil and said when they are ready they will pay him. They had no choice but to pay. I'm sure PPR stage will be the same. She has decided that upon collection of her passport she will officially write to the body of immigration consultants and report him. All fees and payments are well documented And agreement in place. So they can deal with him as they see fit. It is unethical for agents to exploit applicants.

Fredimako it is unfortunate for you to speak in such manner. It tells a lot about your person. I feel sorry for you.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kollins said:
Out of contract with CIC.
Cheers.
Thanks.,...

People use agents especially because of time
Lets not be bitter against them please

By the time you consider the postal costs, return applications, small mistakes... some agents are lifesavers

chimzurum.. how has the agent being? is he taking an opportunity to defraud you

You can also put the name so that he/she can be blacklisted

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
I observe and read with interest, the various comments and underlying tones of posts on this our beloved naija forum.

There are things we need to rid ourselves off before leaving Naija for our great land Canada:

We need to learn to respect other people's actions, views, opinions etc regardless of their gender, religion or any form of social stratification.

We need to learn to be polite and rid ourselves off sarcasm and bitterness that we have unconsciously acquired overtime.

We need to learn and practice what 'empathy' means

We need to be able to express conflicting opinions without casting aspersions on the opinions of others or getting personal

We need to learn to address the situation, not the person

We need to learn to give favors without expecting anything in return and we need to learn to receive favors without being expected to compensate the doer

We need to inculcate the magic phrases "please, excuse me, sorry, thank you, pardon me" into our vocabulary

We need to learn timekeeping as Naija time stops at Naija borders

We need to learn patience while driving (especially Lagosians)

We need to unlearn a lot of mannerisms that have shaped the perception of the global village about Nigerians.

Me sef, still deh learn and unlearn to relearn....