Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
02-10-2014; Decision Made: 17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2014
@ Oboy - Congratulations! Maybe I do not understand what kind of support you need concerning your POF, but from what you posted, I can deduce that you have no funds in the account you submitted initially to CIC, this does not mean you don't have money in other accounts. In as much as other accounts have money and it is in your name or your spouse's, who is following you or joint account in both your names, then you are good to go. I also don't want to believe that there is a large shortfall in the money you have and the minimum required of you. That will put you in a precarious situation. Evidence of source of funds for lump deposits must be submitted along with the documents you are sending. You have a very short time and the best you can do is to start now. Actually, AVO expected us to have been using the past 12months or so building up our POF. From stories of landed seniors, our POF might not even take us beyond 3months in Canada, so having our own money and not borrowed funds is for our good.

@ Drhils - Please stay calm. Your MR is on the way. I remembered that dada-karma also added spousal information to his file with AVO not too long ago. That could explain the reason both of you are still expecting.

We have to give it to AVO - 15MRs in less than 2 weeks. That's awesome. I believe it is unprecedented. I don't even think our seniors enjoyed such largesse with Accra. We are really favoured. There is still more good news to come. Buckle your seat belts, it's time for a quick flight.

Those of us who have received MRs and document requests, let's be fast while diligent to check and check again. Do the medicals and send the documents quickly. Canada awaits.

@ kollins - Great job you are doing. Well done!

ritaliciously

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
PER 23 APRIL-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
03-11-2014
BIG Congrats to my fellow FSW2013 applicants who have gotten MR. Wishing accra more speed. @kollins, I have a feeling we might get our MR this year if accra continues this way with the MR rain. :D ;D :D ;D :p

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Phine_ay said:
@ Oboy - Congratulations! Maybe I do not understand what kind of support you need concerning your POF, but from what you posted, I can deduce that you have no funds in the account you submitted initially to CIC, this does not mean you don't have money in other accounts. In as much as other accounts have money and it is in your name or your spouse's, who is following you or joint account in both your names, then you are good to go. I also don't want to believe that there is a large shortfall in the money you have and the minimum required of you. That will put you in a precarious situation. Evidence of source of funds for lump deposits must be submitted along with the documents you are sending. You have a very short time and the best you can do is to start now. Actually, AVO expected us to have been using the past 12months or so building up our POF. From stories of landed seniors, our POF might not even take us beyond 3months in Canada, so having our own money and not borrowed funds is for our good.

@ Drhils - Please stay calm. Your MR is on the way. I remembered that dada-karma also added spousal information to his file with AVO not too long ago. That could explain the reason both of you are still expecting.

We have to give it to AVO - 15MRs in less than 2 weeks. That's awesome. I believe it is unprecedented. I don't even think our seniors enjoyed such largesse with Accra. We are really favoured. There is still more good news to come. Buckle your seat belts, it's time for a quick flight.

Those of us who have received MRs and document requests, let's be fast while diligent to check and check again. Do the medicals and send the documents quickly. Canada awaits.

@ kollins - Great job you are doing. Well done!
I'm sure the MRs issued will be more than 15 cases with reference to this link(http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/5c003561-ce36-4881-a5a4-c30f9f456690).
Looking at the documented details we have on our SS,MR has been issued to applicants who's applications were received April,May,June&July,2013 and got PERS in August and Sept,2013.
With reference to the link above,One hundred and fourteen(114) individual application cases(356 persons) were received between May and Sept,2013.
If we based it on May,June&July alone,we have eighty-seven (87) cases (267 persons) while if we based it on August and Sept,2013 only,we have twenty-eight (28) cases (92 persons).
Surely...I'm sure MR that AVO must have issued out is more than fifty (50) with reference to cases of April-July,2013 which is documented to be eighty-seven (87)cases.
I just hope I'm making sense at all here....
I have the premonition that they wants to do considerable amount before end of the year even though I'm not sure if it will get to my turn!
All the same...we are all hopeful that while the early beds are been Issued MR,we the late birds will soon follow.
Cheers.

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
kollins said:
Thanks for following up on the SS...
My understanding of the request of thebaft received from Accra was that he contacted with reference to the new baby addition to his profile.Seems to me the request sent to him was meant for him to update add the new baby.My conclusion and deduction (I stand to be corrected) is that thebaft is yet to receive MR.
What I will do is to make a note/comment on his profile information for the requested details but I'm not sure he receive MR yet.
Please confirm again and let me know your findings.
Thanks for your scrutinization :D
Cheers
I have not yet received MR. I guess I'll have to supply all the requested information before MR can be sent. Cheers!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
ritaliciously said:
BIG Congrats to my fellow FSW2013 applicants who have gotten MR. Wishing accra more speed. @ kollins, I have a feeling we might get our MR this year if accra continues this way with the MR rain. :D ;D :D ;D :p
Let us hope and pray that it comes....nothing is impossible.
applicants who received PERS in sept,2013 are been rounded off now....October will soon commence...soon it will be our turn.
Funny the day you received your PERS was when I was preparing to send my third application!..... ;D
Dont mind me...CIC scatter my CC card payment in my first application....
British council cheated and do me bad in my second application....before God intervened! :D
Its well.
For us...let us relax and learn all Accra tricks :p :p :p before it gets to our turn 8)
Cheers.

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
much_mann said:
Congrats first on your MR. With respect to your POF, I think you have to thread carefully. First you stated there are no funds in your account you used for your initial application. Then you mentioned building an account from scratch. Surely there must be some account(s) in your name or your spouse's name that you can show some kind of transactions in and out since last July that you applied and all you will have been needing to do now is make it up to needed sum to get to the POF for your family size.

Pls clarify that what you want to do now is, raise the POF, pay the lump sum in a "NEW ACCOUNT" and need to defend this with AVO?
I think is the option we are using now we will just move monies from other accounts into this one...how much in terms of lump sum do u thnk will raise questions from the Case Officer...

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
thebaft said:
I have not yet received MR. I guess I'll have to supply all the requested information before MR can be sent. Cheers!
Yes...the earlier...the better.
If I were you...I will send them PCC and even updated POF(if i have it) so that I will reduce their work while sending the MR to you ;D ;D
Cheers.

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
I rejoice with you massively Oboy.I had listed your name as one of the names that should have received MR request.Thank God that it is coming to past.Concerning your POF,i will suggest that you tread with caution.Remember that they know the date that they sent you the MR request.They are likely going to check out for activities in your account from that period.So,if you have a lump sum deposit,they might raise a flag except if you have clearly defined proofs to buttress this in case you are asked.Be wise here ,please.You have waited for this moment;handle it smartly.

Again,do you think that the POF you submitted before is now lower than the recently updated ones by CIC?I am asking because those that are receiving MR request of late tend to have POF request alongside.Kindly update your personal profile by the left hand side.God bless you.
The prove of funds we submitted earlier is below what is expected because we presented the account in local currency so it is not surprising we have a request for an update...the gud news now is we are in a better position to match up what is required now as the family size has not changed and we have more funds that we can move into the account immediately...but as u suggested we need to be smart and cautious to avoid too many questiins from the case officer...

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Oboy said:
The prove of funds we submitted earlier is below what is expected because we presented the account in local currency so it is not surprising we have a request for an update...the gud news now is we are in a better position to match up what is required now as the family size has not changed and we have more funds that we can move into the account immediately...but as u suggested we need to be smart and cautious to avoid too many questiins from the case officer...
Oboy said:
I think is the option we are using now we will just move monies from other accounts into this one...how much in terms of lump sum do u thnk will raise questions from the Case Officer...
If you have the fund in place...I'm sure you are not referring to physical cash.
I'm sure the fund is in an account in your name or spouse name.
If you have such,you have no need to worry.....Statement(s) of accounts in your name or spouse is all you need to clear doubts.
Can yo be more specific about "we have more funds that we can move into the account immediately"
Cheers.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Guys please I have a question regarding this POF issue and I need your opinion.

I am a director in an organization and the organization has a corporate account. I am one of the signatories to that account.

Can I use this account as a stand alone POF? Or can i use it along with my personal account to make up the deficit on my Personal account? Or is it an invalid POF?

B.A

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
01-11-2013
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
24th & 27th oct 2014
Passport Req..
14 - 11- 14
hello mates,

Is 3.5M ok for a family of 4. i have considered enough factor of safety.

$21,972 (cad dolls), just want to be sure im using the right multiplication factor

cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
nanonye said:

I am a director in an organization and the organization has a corporate account. I am one of the signatories to that account.

Can I use this account as a stand alone POF? Or can i use it along with my personal account to make up the deficit on my Personal account? Or is it an invalid POF?
The statement of account you are presenting needs to be in your name or your spouse.....NOT AN ACCOUNT THAT YOU ARE A SIGNATORY.
Been a signatory to an account is not an evidence that you own the fund....unless it's a jointly owned account with your spouse.
Be careful as the account need to be in your name or your spouse.
Cheers.

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
nanonye said:

The acount for POF should be your personal account (you or spouse) except you are the owner of the business and the business is not incorporated. In that case you will need to show proof that the business and its assets and liabilities belong to you

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Oboy said:
Oboy, if you have enough funds in different accounts then you don't have a problem, if the various accounts is in your name or spouse. Just print the various accounts and send it off to accra. All they want to see is that it all adds up to ur required POF.

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Abeke said:
Good Morning everyone. Please I need help here.

Has anyone used a fixed deposit statement before? Because I just requested for a statement from my bank and what they gave me is a 1page document that shows : Frm February - August 2014 and The closing balance... There is no step by step information on the account like we generally do have on our savings or current account.

Please let me know if this is how a fixed deposit statement usually looks like.
Printed mine too recently and its just a Page. It just shows how much you invested monthly and how much interest your funds have accumulated and then the roll over for the following month. Did you used FD for your initial application?