+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIANS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR EXPRESS ENTRY 2015 LET US CONNECT HERE

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
goldday said:
Thanks ibyt and the other guys for responding, good to hear someone one tried the crb people and it worked. I'll give them a try. I just hope it does not take too long because I have 20 something days left to provide it! Thanks guys!
They are pretty fast, but very expensive. A colleague of mine in Sydney got it within 3 days for his Australian PR.

Selinah

Nov 21, 2015
Dear Everyone,

I am in a dilemma, I am hoping someone can help me out.

I got my ITA on the 4th of December and I already got all my documents (police certificate, medicals, reference letter) then I realised that for my previous experience, I backdated the start date by 2 weeks (instead of using my resumption date of 2nd June, I used the acceptance date on the employment letter (18th May). I would not have qualified for the ITA if not for the error as my CRS would have been 25 points less.

My dilemma is should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool? Will my medicals and police certificate still be valid if I do this or I will have to get another one? The reference letter given to me by my previous employer shows that I started work on the 18th May but my conscience would not let me rest. Kindly advise me, is it wise to decline the ITA?

Thank you.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Selinah said:
Dear Everyone,

I got my ITA on the 4th of December and I already got all my documents (police certificate, medicals, reference letter) then I realised that for my previous experience, I backdated the start date by 2 weeks (instead of using my resumption date of 2nd June, I used the acceptance date on the employment letter (18th May). I would not have qualified for the ITA if not for the error as my CRS would have been 25 points less.

My dilemma is should I decline the ITA and re-enter the pool? Will my medicals and police certificate still be valid if I do this or I will have to get another one? The reference letter given to me by my previous employer shows that I started work on the 18th May but my conscience would not let me rest. Kindly advise me, is it wise to decline the ITA?

Thank you.
What is your CRS score? If you have a PN, LMIA job or a very high score (and I mean very high) you can safely decline the ITA and correct the error.
The next question is, what is the date on your experience letter? Is it 18th May? If it is, I don't think you have anything to worry about, as the employer wrote that you resumed 18 May.

Selinah

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for your prompt response one_Topsy, my CRS is exactly 461 and if I had used the resumption date of 2nd June, it would have been 436 as at the time I got the ITA. I was the one that wrote the date on my reference letter based on the date on my acceptance letter, my supervisor only signed the reference.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Selinah said:
Dear Everyone,

Thank you.
If you have a reference letter from your HR to cover the period over which you are claiming points for, I believe you should be okay. If I were in your shoe, I wouldn't decline.

And if you chose to decline, your medical would be valid for another one year and by extension, 6 months before your e-application. CIC considers all PCCs valid for 6 months, however, I would advise you do not submit any PCC older than 3 months.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Selinah said:
Thanks for your prompt response one_Topsy, my CRS is exactly 461 and if I had used the resumption date of 2nd June, it would have been 436 as at the time I got the ITA. I was the one that wrote the date on my reference letter based on the date on my acceptance letter, my supervisor only signed the reference.
Hmmmm, this is tricky. Does your company have an HR group? If yes, can you find out from their(HR) record -- when you resumed officially.

Technically, you should be okay as long as your reference letter meets cic's requirement. Ethically, I would go with what my HR says.

Dupsyola

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iatrogenic said:
OINP retrospectively asked a few applicants to submit proof of intention to reside in Ontario. As you've got no ties start registering with various recruitment agencies, send out your CV and apply for jobs even though you're not likely to get it. Keep evidence for these searches and job applications. 441 albeit relatively high, PNP might be your best chance of ITA for some time to come. Good luck with the process.
Thanks a lot. I did apply for a few jobs and sent and sent evidence of my job search with my application. I do have 2 childhood friends living in Ontario though and I did mention them, don't know if that would do.

chymes

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
ibejiopad said:
If you have a reference letter from your HR to cover the period over which you are claiming points for, I believe you should be okay. If I were in your shoe, I wouldn't decline.

And if you chose to decline, your medical would be valid for another one year and by extension, 6 months before your e-application. CIC considers all PCCs valid for 6 months, however, I would advise you do not submit any PCC older than 3 months.
I agree with ibejiopad. Your reference letter date is same as your date on the application so why decline? Nobody knows how soon the next ITA will be and what their immigration focus might be too. So just push on and complete your PR app.

Selinah

Nov 21, 2015
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your help.
I did not get the reference letter from the HR because they were not willing to give the letter so I contacted my former supervisor and gave him the details including the date.

chymes

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
Selinah said:
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your help.
I did not get the reference letter from the HR because they were not willing to give the letter so I contacted my former supervisor and gave him the details including the date.
Still the same thing. Please use it. Still not enough reason to reject your ITA. unless for some weird reason they decide to call your supervisor and he starts denying you (both highly unlikely).
cheers

goldday

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibejiopad said:
They are pretty fast, but very expensive. A colleague of mine in Sydney got it within 3 days for his Australian PR.
I just received a copy of my police clearance certificate (thank God). However i noticed when i was comparing it to other samples i have seen online that on my certificate, on the part that says "holder of..." (which should be "Nigeria" typed in that space...passport number...) is left blank and also the city is was issued in (my passport is nigerian and was issued in ottawa but they never asked this when i was filling out the form). Although the passport number and issue date is on the certificate. Is this going to be a problem with cic? has anybody else had this and it was accepted by cic?
Please i just need to be certain before I send it anything. Any thoughts or help is appreciated

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hello people.
I'm trying to pay the eAPR fees, and no Naira card is working?
Has anyone paid from Nigeria recently? THanks

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
One_Topsy said:
Hello people.
I'm trying to pay the eAPR fees, and no Naira card is working?
Has anyone paid from Nigeria recently? THanks
Did you mean the RPRF? If so, use your GTBank MasterCard. I used it yesternite and it worked perfectly. They charged like N196/CAD $1.

Hope that helps.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
SOTAJ said:
Did you mean the RPRF? If so, use your GTBank MasterCard. I used it yesternite and it worked perfectly. They charged like N196/CAD $1.

Hope that helps.
I'm trying to pay the Application fee and RPRF upfront for 2 people. It's coming up to $2,080. And It's above my limit
I've already chosen to pay RPRF upfront, can I change it so it's just the application fee alone?

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
One_Topsy said:
I'm trying to pay the Application fee and RPRF upfront for 2 people. It's coming up to $2,080. And It's above my limit
I've already chosen to pay RPRF upfront, can I change it so it's just the application fee alone?
I think you may have to split the payments. Based on the mail I got from GTB today, they now have a monthly limit of $1,000 transaction per month. Or better still, find someone to help you pay abroad using their card.