+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIANS APPLYING FOR 2014 NOVA SCOTIA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE RLMDS

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Baresi said:
@ hisaca...its a statement of factc followed by a prayer in brackets. @ evenlyn24, your statement is a little too directed and somewhat personal, it needn't be. Applicants are sending in applications from all over the world, this thread is basically narrowed to us Nigerian applicants, a forum where through ideas and sharing we would have an advantage,

like we always do in all things. The aim is
defeated when we get personal. I couriered my application today. If its fcfs as you have suggested, i have no problems with that, my application would take its place on the queue. Thankfully, its a "in" or "out" opportunity, not a "life" or "death" one. In a couple of days, we should begin getting some positives from people on this thread. A little civility in responses would be good for everybody here.
It can only be a statement of your opinion and not a statement of fact. This is a new stream entirely which no one can claim authority, knowledge and experience except the immigration office of nova Scotia. I am a student of numerics and I like people supporting what they call facts with figures n decided precedents. In this case none of the two parameters are handy.
What most people are doing or saying is based on experiences of other streams which have nothing to do the newly introduced RLMD.
Until the immigration office speak, I beg to say that any other statement is not based on facts but mere speculations. Good day

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
POKLINK said:
I think those that submitted earlier should be expecting AOR very soon. More so, it could be that the screening is point bssed. Let just hope for the best.
While you may be right, I beg to differ. Most point system are made open n some provinces will tell you to add a copy of your point assessment to your form. The intent of point based assessment is to limit number of apps. While we don't know their criteria, I believe they would have made it clear. Correct me if I am wrong, the CIS this system was replacing wasn't point based. The main issue here is an intent to reside permanently in NS. Thanks

Baresi

Mar 27, 2014
...earlier submitted applications with one flaw or another not pass pre-screening stage is a statement of my opinion or mere speculation? ;D i think the immigration office has already spoken.

Baresi

Mar 27, 2014
Canada uses point based system for granting entry to foreigners in its land. Canadian immigration uses the point system to calculate eligibility of any candidate for immigration purposes irrespective of the program(Federal Skilled, PNP etc). Different categories such as ones qualification, experience, language skills, adaptability etc are evaluated one by one and accordingly given points. Its a system that allows for a great deal of transparency as it guides the consular officer's selection and decision process, leaving no room for bias based on personal sentiments. Assessment is based entirely on ones submission and the burden of proof rests squarely with the applicant. According to CIC, the system has by and large succeeded in meeting the “immediate and longer-term need for highly skilled professionals, and addresses Canada's broader immigration objectives.” Nova Scotia Office of Immigration clearly states that a nomination by the province is not a guarantee that CIC would approve a permanent resident application and thus issue a permanent resident visa. So the main issue here is not an intent to reside permanently in NS.

Baresi

Mar 27, 2014
....for those still gathering documents with intention to submit, don't be discouraged, but make haste....please read below, copied from a cic news website; ".......At this time, there is no limit to the number of applications that will be accepted for review under the RLMD stream. This year only 150 applicants to this stream will receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate, but not necessarily the first 150 applications submitted".

marlone29

Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2016
guys

Please do I need to complete the Schedule 4 Economic Classes - Provincial nominees form considering the fact that I have not been nominated?

ur response with be appreciated

Thank you

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Baresi said:
Canada uses point based system for granting entry to foreigners in its land. Canadian immigration uses the point system to calculate eligibility of any candidate for immigration purposes irrespective of the program(Federal Skilled, PNP etc). Different categories such as ones qualification, experience, language skills, adaptability etc are evaluated one by one and accordingly given points. Its a system that allows for a great deal of transparency as it guides the consular officer's selection and decision process, leaving no room for bias based on personal sentiments. Assessment is based entirely on ones submission and the burden of proof rests squarely with the applicant. According to CIC, the system has by and large succeeded in meeting the “immediate and longer-term need for highly skilled professionals, and addresses Canada's broader immigration objectives.” Nova Scotia Office of Immigration clearly states that a nomination by the province is not a guarantee that CIC would approve a permanent resident application and thus issue a permanent resident visa. So the main issue here is not an intent to reside permanently in NS.
But how do you get a nomination in the first instance if you don't show from all indications and intent that you wish to remain in a Province. While CIC may choose not to approve an application, the Province set an all encompassing eligibility criteria. No matter how qualified and eligible a candidate is, once the Province Officer percieve you want to use the Province as mere entry point - there is likelihood of rejection. The PNP thing follows the 22 principle. Its webbed with CIC

Baresi

Mar 27, 2014
@marlone29. Yes you do need to complete the Schedule 4 Economic Classes form as if you have been nominated by the NSOI. But you are required to submit only a copy of that form now. The original would be submitted to CIC along with other forms when you are actually nominated by NSOI, but then NSOI would already have had a copy in their files.

Baresi

Mar 27, 2014
@hisaca, you are correct and the NSOI has also put that into very great consideration, hence the involvement of the CIC in the whole process. Your settlement plan at best can say a little about your immigration intentions vis a vis the nominating province, but even that can be doctored. Further checks like reporting your address or any changes to the NSOI after being granted permanent residency by CIC over a period, staying in the province for a set period after nomination and the provision of withdrawal at any time of permanent residency status if found wanting for any reason, have all been put in place to ensure very good stay demographics for provincial nominees for the nominating provinces. Remember also that the CIC is responsible and a common factor to all the provinces and immigration related issues in Canada. This is my personal opinion only ;)

Bjustice

Apr 8, 2014
Good day all,
I'm compiling my NSNP application and so delighted to part of this forum. I will coming in often to seek opinions.

Please the first one is how do I fill " where do I intend to live in Nova Scotia, pls help.

Many thanks in anticipation.

POKLINK

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
If there is one thing that is certain, NSOI would have created a screening method even before accepting applications for this category.

kcbombay

Jan 1, 2011
POKLINK said:
If there is one thing that is certain, NSOI would have created a screening method even before accepting applications for this category.
I made an observation from other related threads i have read and it would appear that Applications submitted in March were accepted by a certain Cosman and Parker while others that came later esp in this April were received by a certain Shaw. Could it be that the Application Receiving officers at NSIO could serve as a factor in prioritising treatment of the applications??? Abeg make una think am

kcbombay

Jan 1, 2011
From all indications,it is my candid belief that the applications would be assessed based the criteria used in the point-based system(Age,Language skills, Education, Work experience, etc) as well as other undiscolsed criteria(which might include DATE OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION, EXPIRATION DATE OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT as specified in the Guidelines ,and a host of others). Looks like its gonna be a POE(process of elimination) stuff.