+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Andrea45

Sep 12, 2010
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
SUMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
NOT YET
Med's Request
NOT YET
Med's Done....
NOT YET
Interview........
WAIVE(GOD'S GRACE)
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2011(GOD'S GRACE)
Hi EMO,

Please how can i go about tracking my application, like to know if they have gotten it or opened it. is there any site that keeps track of this or am i in a hurry? ;) ;)

Andrea

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emco and Seglad,

Congrats to you guys. The tension in the last quarter of 2010 is now easing and as i told some folks it was not that Accra was sleeping then but they have exhausted their visa quota/allocation. Since 2011 visa allocation had been released to them, we should expect more PPR/visa in the days ahead especially the 2004 class.

The game is becoming interesting as the more we are here, the better. Networking is a key thing no matter the part you are. Emco, wishing you safe journey to Winny and to Seglad, i am waiting to welcome you to my territory in Brampton. To those that are still waiting for PPR and in the processing level, we shall be looking forward to your landing.

If getting accommodation is an issue for anybody landing soon especially in Brampton area, kindly PM me so that ways of help can be looked into. People from other clan are so united here and it is helping them, why can't we?

God bless you all.

Oloye

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Oloye said:
The game is becoming interesting as the more we are here, the better. Networking is a key thing no matter the part you are. Emco, wishing you safe journey to Winny and to Seglad, i am waiting to welcome you to my territory in Brampton. To those that are still waiting for PPR and in the processing level, we shall be looking forward to your landing.

If getting accommodation is an issue for anybody landing soon especially in Brampton area, kindly PM me so that ways of help can be looked into. People from other clan are so united here and it is helping them, why can't we?- Baba olooye 9apologies to Saraki of Kwara State) God will bless you abundantly!
God bless you all.

Oloye

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Thanks Oloye for the reassurace from your end.How is your family?

Ig

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Dear Seglad,

Congratulation.

I have not been around, I travelled to western europe, just came back home now. Reading tru the pages this morning, I have course to say To GOD be the glory. We shall see in Feb. I miss u.

I will chat with u and other later in the week.

Cheers.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi Naija's

The venue for our next meeting is :BARCELOS ON ISAAC JOHN STREET,GRA IKEJA
The time has been adjusted to make allowance for those of bros and sis coming from outside base:1PM

Note:punctuality is very important.
We have a lot to discuss and I honestly crave your indulgence to be on time,so that we can leave on time.

All attendees,pls take note.

Ig

MOT,how is family and work?

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Andrea45 said:
Hi EMO,

Please how can i go about tracking my application (At the moment, there is nothing you can do. However you will need to wait till they contact you, probably because you will need to submit, the PCC), like to know if they have gotten it or opened it ( If you sent it thru courier, then you should get confirmation for delivery). is there any site that keeps track of this or am i in a hurry? ( i guess you are in a hurry. Immigration to Canada is patience game o. imagine one of our brother who had been waiting since 2004. Don't be afraid yours will not take that long courtesy of Faster immigration Policy)

Andrea

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Prof,
below is a post i wrote on our second thread" Landed Naija applicant please share your experience". sThe thread was actually created to take care of landing and settlement issues while this thread continues to help with our applications. We are yet to get responses to this particular issue hence am posting it here for you, Barsindo, Tito Oloye and others to share your thoughts and ideas. You can either address the issue here or on the thread mentioned above this will help each of us to prepare well.

I personally believe the more info we are able to gather b4 landing the better prepared for life in canada we will be.
We wait to hear from you guys

Cheers

My people,
Happy new year to everyone that has read or contributed to this thread. Each passing day draws us closer to our canadian dream and hence we must strive to make our life dear successful even while still here. To this end, every idea/advise by anyone will be highly appreciated.

We are still asking for business ideas and a friend on the thread told me of a franchise arrangement or buyout in which we can buy into food or gas sales business. Please we need more light on this.

My question basically is; what business or franchise can one invest in? how much will it cost to buy a franchise e.g Gas Station? are there any legal restrictions? tax issues etc. Please lets keep on brainstorming and planning as some of us and our spouses are entering our 40s and might not like the idea of searching for job afresh?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madam Tinu,

Happy new year to you my sis. Sorry I haven't responded to this post in your other thread. I must confess that I have not researched this area at all however I think information for franchise can be obtain from the websites of companies like subway, Mcdonald's, Petro Canada, Exxon Mobilio name but a few. From my London days I do know that obtaining a franchise deal with Mcdonald's usually sets you back about £250,000.

On tax issues, a visit to Revenue Canada will throw more light.

My only comment on these line of businesses is that it will require all your time and energy. If you have that to spare and more then you can succeed in it.

Let's hope some more friends will shed more wisdom....

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
@Tinu:

My apologies; I do not have the other thread bookmarked. My advice in terms of business and investing is that do not invest in a business/market if you do not understand the business and market trends; you may be better off putting you money in the bank with some guaranteed interest rate. The fact that a business looks good from the outside does not mean it's operating at a sustainable level. In Nigeria, my understanding is that most business owners do not do their homework properly; they just throw money at any business idea that looks good. In Nigeria, the risks are fairly high and so are the profit margins. However, several businesses still fail or are not sustained because they are not developed properly.

With this in mind, I cannot really tell you which franchise you should purchase. Firstly, any franchise location has its price tag. For instance, the price of a Mcdonalds in downtown Toronto will be definitely higher than some rural joint. Also, most of these franchises are regulated...so you have to make several contacts to understand the requirements and commitments involved. Based on the location you are shooting for, you have to do your market assessment...if it has not already been done. Some good strategic planning and marketing has to be done. One thing I can tell you is that the margins in the restaurant business are very tight...so thread very carefully otherwise you'd just end up pissing hard earned away.

On the other hand, there are business opportunities in every city/province. You just have to look hard to find the gaps to explore. Business here in Canada requires hard and dedicated work....not just the buy and sell in Nigeria; I'm sure you know this. If you are bent on buying a franchise or business, make sure a Chartered Accountant goes through the numbers; that way, you can get a true value of the enterprise. Sometimes, you may be lucky to buy out a business from individuals with a large clientele who are retiring and underselling.

There are always legal issues with any business.

All businesses are also registered with Canada Revenue for tax purposes. As a business owner, you may do well to understand the tax laws and how you can benefit from them as a business owner. Depending on the size of the business, you may have to employ an accountant to do your taxes.

Post any specific questions...if/when i get sometime, I may float some ideas.

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please give me an idea on how long it normally takes accra to send the 2nd AOR ? i have sent my full doc to accra which was received Nov 17, 2010. it seems like forever now !!!

New Delhi applicants get theirs in two weeks or less..... what exactly does it even entail to send the second AOR ???

Comments please !!!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
pyramid777 said:
Can anyone please give me an idea on how long it normally takes accra to send the 2nd AOR ? i have sent my full doc to accra which was received Nov 17, 2010. it seems like forever now !!!
New Delhi applicants get theirs in two weeks or less..... what exactly does it even entail to send the second AOR ???
Comments please !!!
Bros this is a waiting game and the player is called PATIENCE :'(

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pyramid777 said:
Can anyone please give me an idea on how long it normally takes accra to send the 2nd AOR ? Fret not bro, I never got 2nd AOR but I have the visa. Just concentrate on seeing your ecas change to received by visa office to In Process to Medical etc. The 2nd AOR is just an acknowledgement that your documents have been received and a file number has been created for you in Accra. The file number from CIO can still get you into ecas without the new file number. Rest assured there is progress on your file IJN. i have sent my full doc to accra which was received Nov 17, 2010. it seems like forever now !!!

New Delhi applicants get theirs in two weeks or less..... what exactly does it even entail to send the second AOR ??? Mostly Accra doesn't send out 2nd AOR. Pray for a speedily resolution of your case.

Comments please !!!

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Ig,

I'm very well and so is my family. Trust you and yours are doing great as well. Many thanks for the line.

Oloye,

Thanks for the offer. How are you doing?

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply Barsindoo, but my major challenge if you arent aware is that the E-cas has not been enabled for all applicants that got their 1st AOR from September 2010 till date ???

in such a situation how do i get a status enquiry ? :mad: knowing fully well that accra dont pick up their calls & rarely respond to e-mails.

well, IT IS WELL !