+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Is this a new requirement?

I do not recall filling out this form or any other form for a PR card. PR cards do get sent out automatically approx 6 weeks after landing in ON.

One issue i would just like to point out is that you ensure that your kid's have the right photo spec. Ive seen a few cases where PR cards have been delayed due to pics not meeting the standards CiC expects, and in that case they send out a letter to you asking you to retake pics and send to them or visit one of their offices close to you to have their officials take the pix, and usually the PR cards land about a week later. That Accra deemed the photos acceptable does not imply that the pix would be acceptable for your PR card.

The only time one has to fill in any forms regarding PR cards, is if you misplace or damage your cards. Also for those of us with very long double-barrelled names, CiC can only fit in 15 characters for the first and middle names on the PR cards, so what they advise is that you check your landing COPR forms - if the names appear in full its OK; if not, then you got to fill out a COPR amendment form so that they update your COPR and CiC records, but you will still only have 15 characters for other names(excluding surname) on your PR card. In otherwords, the COPR is the most important doc, and the info on it needs to be accurate.

Some others who've landed more recently may share their own experience and it would help if they can state their provinces too as landing process differs in Quebec for example. The process may have changed after my own time.
Congrats to all new PRs and PPRs

Regards

seglad said:
Dont forget to pre-fill your application form for a permanent resident card (IMM5444E), Goods accompanying and to follow forms (FROMB4/B4A)before hand, this will avoid you unnecessaary delay at POE

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oceana said:
Is this a new requirement?

I do not recall filling out this form or any other form for a PR card. PR cards do get sent out automatically approx 6 weeks after landing in ON. One issue i would just like to point out is that you ensure that your kid's have the right photo spec. Ive seen a few cases where PR cards have been delayed due to pics not meeting the standards CiC expects, and in that case they send out a letter to you asking you to retake pics and send to them or visit one of their offices close to you to have their officials take the pix, and usually the PR cards land about a week later. That Accra deemed the photos acceptable does not imply that the pix would be acceptable for your PR card.

Some others who've landed more recently may share their own experience and it would help if they can state their provinces too as landing process differs in Quebec for example.
Congrats to all new PRs and PPRs

Regards

Yes.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Right said:
Awoderu Sir, Please can you check your status online? I can remeber that we sent our full documents at the same time to Accra.
I have also not been able to check my status online yet.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
seglad said:
No shaken EMO.
seglad, they would answer u before May and its likely the would contact u between now and march,i dont think any of u would have your redo medicals u just go on with your planning to move. take care

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oceana said:
Can you kindly post the links if you have it?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

Though, you cannot apply before you move in to Canada. When you land, you are already inside Canada and thus you qualify.

It is the same form that you fill when you land. So if you want to be prepared, you can fill one in advance.

Hope this helps.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
congrats to emcool00 and the other buddie! Wish you guys best of luck in your new life..

Please let's know where you are headed..we can all meet up for some fun time if you are headed for TO.

All the best..

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to emcool00 and the other buddie on your achievement this new and promising year.

Wishing you all the best in the Great North.

Cheers
Olabisi

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Oh, i see where the confusion is from.

That form is not applicable to our FSW category. It is for those who gained their PR through other means whilst residing in Canada(asylum/aduro/work permits etc). They gain their status through those other ways, and then they have to send in their app for the PR card using that form.

The only scenarios someone in our category would have to fill it in is

1. PR card got misplaced/lost/stolen and you need a replacement
2. FSW did not provide an address to CiC upon landing, hence CiC has no addy to post it to - they give you some time to provide addy - failing which you have to then fill out this form and pay the appropriate fees.

FSW landing in canada do not apply for PR cards, the system has been in place since 2002.

See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

seglad said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

Though, you cannot apply before you move in to Canada. When you land, you are already inside Canada and thus you qualify.

It is the same form that you fill when you land. So if you want to be prepared, you can fill one in advance.

Hope this helps.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibry said:
GENT,,,, NOT TO WORRY MAKE SURE U CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER,, PLEASE CHECK IT FREQUENTLY BEFORE U EMPTY....IF BY THE END OF THIS MONTH U AVNT HEARD THEN CONTACT THEM, TAKE CARE
Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I contacted them last month via email and got this reply last week.......
Dear Applicant,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Be assured your application is in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/menu-perm.asp

No further action is required by you at this time.

Sincerely,

Guess I will only continue to wait, watch and pray.

I wish everyone the very best.

Thanks.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9ja house, greetings o.sorry for breaking d flow o. am just worried about my Noc Code. my understanding abt this code is that it is usually 4-digit but i just find out dat the one written on quebec selection certificate was 5-digit ( 41222), i hope this is not a mistake? pls i need clarity on this.

Am just wondering that if tis a mistake if it will affect my federal processing. I applied 4 federal ( cic-accra) Nov 2010, with my Aor rcivd, yl ecase has been showing : we started processing ur application Nov 23 ever since. need i make any move or just remain claim? pls comment

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
egrace62 said:
9ja house, greetings o.sorry for breaking d flow o. am just worried about my Noc Code. my understanding abt this code is that it is usually 4-digit but i just find out dat the one written on quebec selection certificate was 5-digit ( 41222), i hope this is not a mistake? pls i need clarity on this.

Am just wondering that if tis a mistake if it will affect my federal processing. I applied 4 federal ( cic-accra) Nov 2010, with my Aor rcivd, yl ecase has been showing : we started processing ur application Nov 23 ever since. need i make any move or just remain claim? pls comment
Ive no idea of Quebec selection stuff apart from the fact that most things about them are different, but i do know that the NOC codes format are universal across the whole of Canada, and as far as i know - they're four-digits. I wouldn't loose any sleep over this though, cos if it was an error - it's CiC/Quebec's fault, right? So, it ain't got nothing to do with what you did or didn't do. It's something for them to sort out. Is the cert in french? And i guess you've got a good grasp of the language?

As long as your own side of the bargain is watertight, as in your supporting docs are all properly packaged, then it's nothing really. I just checked the hrsdc site, and nothing came up as 41222. Closest i got was 4122 for post-sec teachers, and 1222 for exec-assistants...

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moi pallies congratulations on your PPR. Thank God for His mercies that endures forever. I am very happy for you guys. May your favour and success rub off on all other forum memebers. 8)

Happy new year again.

By the way start getting your driver's license updated with FRSC properly before your landing. This very important.

Another tip, if given the choice to come to accra please take cause you will get the visa stamped sameday. 8)

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the Calgary International Airport you are not required to fill any form for PR Card. The officer at the port will do so on your behalf as a first application. Should it be stolen or misplaced you will then have to apply by yourself - fill a form.

The same applies for all airports as far as I know from other threads and friends that have landed.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
For those who need to know the reason behind Canadian dollar appreciation. Please see this.

LONDON (Dow Jones)--Watch the country cousin come to town.

For years, the Canadian dollar has lived in the shadow of its U.S. counterpart.

Like Canada itself, it was the tag-along currency driven largely by its all-powerful southern neighbor.

Now, though, as the global economy recovers from the financial crisis, the Canadian currency is coming into its own.

The Canadian dollar is being seen as an alternative to the U.S. dollar because it doesn't have the problems of the U.S. banks; as an alternative to the Australian dollar because it doesn't have the floods; and as an alternative to the euro because it doesn't have sovereign-debt problems.

With its triple-A credit rating and an economy showing one of the most sure-footed returns from the financial crisis, Canada is increasingly being seen as an attractive destination for the international investor.

The Canadian dollar has already risen sharply in the last month or two, with the U.S. dollar falling to a 2.5 year low this week.

See how the dollar has fallen:

http://www.dowjoneswebservices.com/chart/view/5248

However, there is little sign that the strong currency is hampering the country's economic recovery just yet.

On the contrary, data in the last few days, including the Bank of Canada's own quarterly business outlook, have pointed to further improvements in the employment market, a continued rise in house prices and expectations that consumer inflation will rise over 2% over the next year or so.

Although the Bank of Canada isn't expected to hike its interest rates as early as its policy meeting next week, the central bank is likely to take a more hawkish stance from now.

Down south, meanwhile, the U.S. continues to suffer from a highly irregular recovery, with employment levels still disappointing expectations, the housing market remaining uncertain and deflation fears still haunting the Federal Reserve. Instead of starting to unwind its extraordinarily easy monetary conditions, the Fed is still pledging to preserve them for as long as needed.

Much of the strength of the Canadian recovery could well be traced to the health of Canadian banks, which, unlike U.S. ones, weren't tainted with the subprime mortgage crisis and have continued lending to Canadian companies. According to the BOC survey, businesses have easier access to credit and expect sales to accelerate.

The Canadian currency's status as a commodity currency has also risen in recent weeks, not only because of the country's position as an energy producer at a time when crude oil prices are rising, and expected to continue to rise to more than $100 a barrel, but because Canada isn't Australia, that other major commodity producer.

Although Australia had been staging an even stronger and more rapid recovery than other G-10 countries, given that its economy is tied so closely to those of Asia, the currency has stumbled in the last few weeks.

Damage from the unprecedented flooding in Queensland could slash GDP growth by anywhere up to a percentage point this year and fears of long-term damage to the country's mining industry have knocked the Aussie off its pedestal, with analysts looking for further losses, especially against the Australian currency's Canadian counterpart.

The sovereign-debt crisis in the euro zone is also playing into the hands of the Canadian dollar, as international investors continue to look for alternatives to the euro.

Instead of just turning to the U.S. dollar, they are now showing more interest in the currency north of the border that once attracted minimal attention and was rarely seen as an alternative to the city-slicker down south.

By Nicholas Hastings
A DOW JONES NEWSWIRES COLUMN

Bloomberg TNI FRX POV
Reuters USD/DJ
Thomson P/1066 or P/1074

(Nick Hastings has covered the foreign exchange markets and industry for more than 20 years. Apart from his written commentary and analysis, he also appears on Fox Business News and CNBC television in Europe, Asia and the U.S. He can be contacted on +44-20-7842-9493 or by email: nick.hastings@dowjones.com)

TALK BACK: We invite readers to send us comments on this or other financial news topics. Please email us at TalkBackEurope@dowjones.com. Readers should include their full names, work or home addresses and telephone numbers for verification purposes. We reserve the right to edit and publish your comments along with your name; we reserve the right not to publish reader comments.