+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

edos4all

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi Everybody, I have some issue with my cousin Application, they submitted to CIC and there application was return saying there Credit card has Expired and it was not because the card has expiring date 2020.The shocking things is their nominee expire 30 September and they got there return application 29th Of september, to apply for Extension of MPNP Approval Letter to enable them resubmit. I heard people can pay online for their Application fee and landing fee and also there Police certificate has expired. My Question is Can anybody who has same or return application from CIC give me Guideline on what to do and am going to fill all forms again or use the existing one and change the payment mode and police extract then extension letter?

Please i need advise

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
edos4all said:
Hi Everybody, I have some issue with my cousin Application, they submitted to CIC and there application was return saying there Credit card has Expired and it was not because the card has expiring date 2020.The shocking things is their nominee expire 30 September and they got there return application 29th Of september, to apply for Extension of MPNP Approval Letter to enable them resubmit. I heard people can pay online for their Application fee and landing fee and also there Police certificate has expired. My Question is Can anybody who has same or return application from CIC give me Guideline on what to do and am going to fill all forms again or use the existing one and change the payment mode and police extract then extension letter?

Please i need advise
I'm not too sure on how to get extended MPNP approval letter. Your best bet would be to contact MPNP office or call them up to get first hand information on what to do

As per application and landing fees, another option could be to pay online and generate instant receipt of payment, which you will include in your application to CIC

You could always get police clearance same day from the police headquarters in Lagos

Note: I haven't had similar issue myself , but just offering some guidance that could be helpful

Amaka JN

Sep 10, 2016
loolo said:
#reposting from another thread

Hi guys,

I just thought that I should share what my monthly budget is; just to give you an idea of what to expect in monetary terms. Please note that this is not cast in stone. Depending on how deep your pocket is, you can either go higher or lower.

I stay in Calgary; Calgary is comparatively more expensive to live in than say, a Saint John's and likewise, it's cheaper (I heard, I can't at the moment confirm but someone can correct me if otherwise) than a Toronto. That said, in Calgary - save for this crude oil price crisis - you tend to earn more than a resident of Saint John's. Whatever the case, your total expected family income will most definitely take care of your needs. Like I said in my earlier post, you will need to plan, plan, plan. Here's my budget. I hope it aids in your planning process

SN Cost Item Monthly Amount (CAD$)
1 Rent of 2 Bedroom Condo Apartment (All Utilities Inclusive) $1,400.00 (you may also consider renting a basement and there are some lovely walkout basements in the NW OR NE ie Taradale, falconridge,castleridge, Panorama,kincora,Evanstons,Conventry hills etc, price is from $800 and above )
2 Daycare/Afterschool care for 1 Preschooler and 1 Kindergarten kid from 7am to 5.45pm (After Government Subsidy) $600.00
(Check Kijiji Calgary)
3 Monthly Transport Pass. You will need two when you first land (This amount drops to $40 after you file as low income) $100.00 (to qualify for low income bus pass you must have A copy of your income assessment and its usually $44. You may also get government subsidy to use the gym, zoo, parks etc kindly check how you qualify at the Calgary transit office downtown)
4 Feeding and other related expenses for a family of 4 $500.00 (check what is in season and bulk buy)
5 Cable TV, Internet & Landline (Shaw) $65.00
6 2 nos of Wind Mobile Phone Subscription (Unlimited Canada-Wide Voice, SMS and Data) $86.00 (The cheapest and most reliable is Mobilicity,its $30 per month, free call to anywhere in America,unlimited internet,free sms world wide etc)
7 YMCA Family Centre Registration (Family has access to gym, swimming pool, swimming classes and other sport activities) $30.00 (Check my comment in NO 3))
8 Fuel (Gas for your car) $100.00
9 Car Insurance $85.00
Monthly Total CAD $2,966.00
Annual Total CAD $35,592.00

Budget somewhere around CAD$1,000 for the following;
TV (unless you want restless children that will make you regret leaving Nigeria)
Pots (16 piece set)
Plates and mugs (set of 4)
Kids plates, spoons and cups
Vacuum Cleaner
Deep Fryer
Toaster
House Phone box

********House phone-Use Magic jack-$50 per year

Kitchen utensil- get referrals from the immigrant services or kijiji calgary
Children Cloths- same
Furniture- same

It can be saddening realizing that you had all these stuff in Nigeria and you now have to buy them all again. Hmmmm... and this brings me to another topic.

Sell everything you have in Nigeria. Don't think about giving them out; the government of Canada is not going to replace all those stuff. Sell 'em and keep the money to use to replace them when you get here.

One last missing piece; plan for your car; very important. Like I said in my earlier post, you can get a good vehicle for between $1,000 - $3,000 CAD at a local auction. Shine your eye sha... this is Canada, not heaven. There are still some funny characters here who might want to pull a fast one. Best to go along with an older landed 9ja person. Japanese is the way; better resale value here in Canada and back home in Nigeria. My plan is to use a good Japanese car, preferably a Honda or Toyota for about 2-3 years then ship it to 9ja as "tokunbo". I can guarantee that you will make your initial capital back (in dollars) even after enjoying the car for 3 years. No one advised me better when I got here and I ended up with a Mazda - a great car but more expensive than I would have wanted - and i definitely can't get value for it here or in 9ja after 3 years.

Whatever works for you,I would advice you can walk in to a preowned shop and check what your options are, you can pay $120 every month on a better car than a crap that can brake down on the highway anytime and it saves you tons of money, time and safety of your family

Stuff like beds; you can get those free through your local immigration services; they referred us to SleepCountry (their version of Mouka Foam) and we got 2 free matresss and bed sets. You can actually get up to 4 sets (depending on your family size). Furniture is easy; just actively search on kijiji, you will definitely find those free. Don't acquire too much stuff or else you will regret when trying to move or dispose of them (you have to pay to dispose furniture and appliances; that's why people advertise to give out their things free of charge, else they have to pay to dispose 'em).

Plan, plan, plan... i can't overemphasize enough!!!!

******HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLES :-* :-* :-*
SHINE YOUR EYES WELL! WELL!!
ASK QUESTIONS
THE INTERNET IS VERY RESOURCEFUL

Loolo

Thanks so very much for sharing your experiences, am actually new to this forum although I hv been reading up people's comments and opinions. Am still waiting for NSPNP to open so I can apply for nomination. Pls continue ur good work, reading up experience of those in Canada really gives me joy and hope that one day I will be in Canada my childhood dream country.

Thank you.

aremite

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Osun
Category........
PNP
Hello Seniors,

Does police certificate issue in Nigeria has expiry date?

highty said:
I'm not too sure on how to get extended MPNP approval letter. Your best bet would be to contact MPNP office or call them up to get first hand information on what to do

As per application and landing fees, another option could be to pay online and generate instant receipt of payment, which you will include in your application to CIC

You could always get police clearance same day from the police headquarters in Lagos

Note: I haven't had similar issue myself , but just offering some guidance that could be helpful

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
aremite said:
Hello Seniors,

Does police certificate issue in Nigeria has expiry date?
Yes , it does after 3 months I think

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
highty said:
Yes , it does after 3 months I think
Yes, it is only valid for 3 months.

kunley

May 20, 2014
Good day house, am trying to update my noc on my cic is not updating. please anybody that can put me through, I would appreciate.
am yet to get ITA.

Pispi and others

Bukysharp

Sep 30, 2016
Greetings everyone!

Please, can someone who have passed through the Express Entry application stage brief me on what I need to present/upload as a proof of my work experience?

Thanks

Exalted1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
XX72
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
With ITA 13-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Interview........
BG in progress 8-june-2016
Passport Req..
18-05-2016 Sent 23-05-2016 Arrived AVO 26-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2016
LANDED..........
In progress
kunley said:
Good day house, am trying to update my noc on my cic is not updating. please anybody that can put me through, I would appreciate.
am yet to get ITA.

Pispi and others
From what I can remember, using EE, you cannot update your NOC code. You will need to end the EE profile and create another one since that EE application is tied to your NOC code. You can check CIC website for more details so that you can be properly guided

Exalted1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
XX72
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
With ITA 13-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Interview........
BG in progress 8-june-2016
Passport Req..
18-05-2016 Sent 23-05-2016 Arrived AVO 26-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2016
LANDED..........
In progress
Bukysharp said:
Greetings everyone!

Please, can someone who have passed through the Express Entry application stage brief me on what I need to present/upload as a proof of my work experience?

Thanks
A letter from every employer you have worked with stating the work hours, your role/ responsibilities, job title etc. Pls check the CIC website for the contents of the reference letter

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Bukysharp said:
Greetings everyone!

Thanks
Two things; One your employment/ contract letter for every jon you listed in your employment history and the second is am employer reference for each job stating your duties and time spent on each job, that is from when you were employed, when you were promoted/transferred til you left the job where applicable. The format is on CIC website, cheers.

If these two things are not in place for any job you listed, you won't get points for the job. Cheers :)

papaking

Oct 7, 2016
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program -Please has anyone ever been asked for further information and how long did it take for your status to change after submitting the requested information?

I was asked to reply before 30th sept which I did, but up till now my online status is still 'information requested'.
Why the delay? or are they verifying the information I submitted?

Do they actually verify information submitted at this stage?

Thanks for your anticipated response.

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
papaking said:
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program -Please has anyone ever been asked for further information and how long did it take for your status to change after submitting the requested information?

I was asked to reply before 30th sept which I did, but up till now my online status is still 'information requested'.
Why the delay? or are they verifying the information I submitted?

Do they actually verify information submitted at this stage?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Hi,

I think you are on track. I had similar situation last year before I received my Nomination letter. At times they do email or phone verification. In fact , in my own case they had doubts about my degree qualification, but they were referred to my university's website for further clarifications. I was also asked to submit an updated proof of funds, which I did. They also gave me me time frame of 30th September, 2015 to submit all information requested..

Finally, I received my Nomination letter on the 30th of November,2015

I hope this information helps

Kjtisy

Oct 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and i will like to find out what one can present as POF. Nigeria banks does not give letters that is required by CIC apart from statement of account.