+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
FORESIGHT said:
Hello House, just check through to identify my possible difficult areas.
Can CIC accept Sworn Affidavit declaration in place of Birth Certificate?
Considering that my Intl passport will definitely bear my date of birth.
Get a birth certificate from nearest NPC - National Population Commision office as affidavits are being rejected now.

Emmashin

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
FORESIGHT said:
@ Emmashin, Please let me learn from you. Did you say CIC is requesting for Bank Statement from previous employer?

I understand the part of Reference letter from Current employer, but don't really know reason for Bank statement from former employer.

Please tell me.
That's what they asked me for in the letter. I don't know why. I stopped working there in 2008, provided reference letters and pay slips but that's what they asked for.....

Emmashin

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
pace said:
Hello Emmashin, can you confirm if you are part of few or express entry? This will hello to direct you to the right person that can help.

Thanks.
Thank you for your response.

I did express entry.

stephens007

Apr 21, 2016
Please, All I submitted my P.R application after getting nominated recently. Since my original certificate is not ready (naija factor- four yrs after) I submitted my notification of result plus transcript. This was the same thing I submitted to Wes and Province.

Can this ve any impact?

Thanks.

FORESIGHT

Aug 27, 2015
Hello House,
I just got a response from WES this morning confirm that WES can do assessment for UNIPORT.
This is coming after my mail to them requesting for a refund.
Should I trust this confirmation from WES or I should still insist on a refund?
Urgent advise pleaaaaseee!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
FORESIGHT said:
Hello House,
I just got a response from WES this morning confirm that WES can do assessment for UNIPORT.
This is coming after my mail to them requesting for a refund.
Should I trust this confirmation from WES or I should still insist on a refund?
Urgent advise pleaaaaseee!
If WES themselves are telling you directly that they now process assessment with UNIPORT, what other question are you asking? :)

The choice is yours, use WES or go ahead with getting your refund. Nobody here will make the decision for you but we will continue to assist with guidance, cheers.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
stephens007 said:
Please, All I submitted my P.R application after getting nominated recently. Since my original certificate is not ready (naija factor- four yrs after) I submitted my notification of result plus transcript. This was the same thing I submitted to Wes and Province.

Can this ve any impact?

Thanks.
Those are acceptable, you are in order.

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Someone got PR visa and has not landed but visa expires in about 3 months time. If she gets married after getting the PR visa, what's the best way to include spouse?
Is it better to land and sponsor spouse or inform visa office since case is not complete yet but only decision made.

Also the letter from visa office clearly says change in marital status etc should be reported before one leaves for Canada.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
egbe said:
Someone got PR visa and has not landed but visa expires in about 3 months time. If she gets married after getting the PR visa, what's the best way to include spouse?
Is it better to land and sponsor spouse or inform visa office since case is not complete yet but only decision made. Better to inform the VO immediately before her PR visa expires

Also the letter from visa office clearly says change in marital status etc should be reported before one leaves for Canada. Yes, to avoid them feeling you have something to hide, inform them now
Hi, see above. It's easier to add spouse at this level than to sponsor spouse later after landing. We have many of such cases here that have become protracted issues.

iCraft

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-01-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2015
LANDED..........
God willing Feb 2016
Good morning, I am a new immigrant. I landed in December 2015 with my family. I came back to Nigeria immediately, but my family stayed back and have settled in ON. I have not gotten my PR card as I was asked to resend my passport photograph which I did few days ago.

I urgently need to return to Canada. I have applied for the permanent resident travel document.

Please does anyone know how long it takes to process the PRTD in Lagos visa office.

Thank you

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iCraft said:
Good morning, I am a new immigrant. I landed in December 2015 with my family. I came back to Nigeria immediately, but my family stayed back and have settled in ON. I have not gotten my PR card as I was asked to resend my passport photograph which I did few days ago.

I urgently need to return to Canada. I have applied for the permanent resident travel document.

Please does anyone know how long it takes to process the PRTD in Lagos visa office.

Thank you

Contact the two places below to enquire :

General Contact Information

Street Address:
42 Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana
Sankara Interchange (Ako Adjei Overpass)

Postal Address:
High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1639
Accra, Ghana

Telephone: 011 (233) 30 2211 521
Facsimile: 011 (233) 30 2211 523 / 2773 792 / 2211 524 (visas)
Email: accra@international.gc.ca

Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

General Contact Information

Street Address:
4 Anifowoshe St.,
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria

Postal Address:
Deputy High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 54506
Ikoyi Station,
Lagos, Nigeria

Telephone: +234-1-271-5650
Fax: +234-1-271-5651
Email: lagos@international.gc.ca

Hours of Operation

Monday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
iCraft said:

Thank you
Hi iCraft, GentleAndrew has provided enough contact details with which to follow up but past experience shows an average of 2 weeks to get the travel document. Cheers.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
egbe said:
Is it better to land and sponsor spouse or inform visa office since case is not complete yet but only decision made.

Also the letter from visa office clearly says change in marital status etc should be reported before one leaves for Canada.
I am hoping you don't want to lose your PR, land here first or inquire from official sources. All the best

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
iCraft said:

Thank you
My prayers are with you sir as i hope you get the PRTD approved... I had the exact same issue as yours when I initially landed and returned back to Nigeria.

My PRTD wasn't approved because my uncollected PR card in Canada was clashing with my PRTD application. I was lucky to get the PR card from Canada just in time.

All the best sir !