+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
iCraft said:
Dear Friends,

I have a situation in my hand. I got my PPR on Thursday, 16th April 2015, however I have a travel commitment with my employer prior to my getting the PPR Mail. I will be away for about 75days from early May, 2015. I did a mail to accra visa office on this issue and am still waiting for feedback from them. Is there any other action I can take at this time? I don't want this to strain the relationship with my current employer.

I need your advice ASAP.

Thank you,

Send them a copy of your intended official trip Letter and also find contacts to reach them via phone. I don't really see this as a problem.

You may also request from them if you can come in person to stamp it.

There are exceptions to every rules you know? As they do not expect you to resign from your current duties till issuance to PR they should find away around it.

Pray fervently and Hope for the best

ayoka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June, 2014
Nomination.....
7th October , 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18th Feb, 2015
Med's Done....
20th Feb , 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19th June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th August 2015
LANDED..........
8th sept 2015
Good day peeps,
please i need ur advise. I applied under noc 1212 on 10th june 2014, got PER 7th oct 2014, medical request police certificate, rprf and updated imm008 form request on 18th feb , no proof of fund was requested for. my ecas status is medical result received.

I got pregnant along the way and i was 16 weeks preg when i did my medical. Could the pregnancy be the cause of the delay for my passport request? Do you feel they will ask for proof of fund along side with passport request since am now pregnant? Am a bit worried for the delay in PPR. Kindly advise cos i have plans of delivering the baby in canada. Ur urgent response is needed.this delay is really scaring me

dante0000

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/01/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012, delivered 05 Nov 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2013
LANDED..........
02/10/2013
Hello House , can someone tell me the best and cheapest mean of transferring funds (naira to CAD)to a Canadian bank as Nigeria bank dont accept Canadian dollar. US dollar is not an option for me..... 220 naira to a dollar considering other bank charges

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Hello People,

If you are landing in calgary in June and need a condo in a choice area in NW calgary with schools, this may be for you. I have a currently running lease of 12 months that ends in January 2016.

Its a 2 bedroom apartment, 2 washroom, with heated underground parking stall and storage. Utilities are included in the rent.

I intend to transfer the lease to anyone interested as we will be moving to our new home around end of May/ early June.

Send me a personal message if interested or if you know anyone that may be interested.

Thank you

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
vikolo said:
Hello People,

If you are landing in calgary in June and need a condo in a choice area in NW calgary with schools, this may be for you. I have a currently running lease of 12 months that ends in January 2016.

Its a 2 bedroom apartment, 2 washroom, with heated underground parking stall and storage. Utilities are included in the rent.

I intend to transfer the lease to anyone interested as we will be moving to our new home around end of May/ early June.

Send me a personal message if interested or if you know anyone that may be interested.

Thank you
How much is this going for in Canadian Dollars?

ayoka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June, 2014
Nomination.....
7th October , 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18th Feb, 2015
Med's Done....
20th Feb , 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19th June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th August 2015
LANDED..........
8th sept 2015
Good evening bros, please i got this mail tonite and i need ur urgent advise and guidiance

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Updated funds for a family of two (or three)

Ø Updated Schedule A, complete History section from the time you turned 18 years of age, do not leave gaps and complete months and years

Ø A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures

Ø It is noted that you are pregnant and date of delivery is August 12, 2015. Please advise if you are in a common-law or marriage relationship or if you plan on marrying in the near future. Please submit appropriate documentation if you are married or in a common-law relationship to confirm your relationship

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown

Bookerteee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Dec 2014, Debited on 26 Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
PER recieved on 21 March 2015
LANDED..........
By Gods Grace
Good evening. Don't think thre s issues. ..just follow the request to the last dot but not more. When did u get ur PER?
ayoka said:
Good evening bros, please i got this mail tonite and i need ur urgent advise and guidiance

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Updated funds for a family of two (or three)

Ø Updated Schedule A, complete History section from the time you turned 18 years of age, do not leave gaps and complete months and years

Ø A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures

Ø It is noted that you are pregnant and date of delivery is August 12, 2015. Please advise if you are in a common-law or marriage relationship or if you plan on marrying in the near future. Please submit appropriate documentation if you are married or in a common-law relationship to confirm your relationship

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Omo Naija said:
I'll advise you patiently wait for your PR card to be mailed to you in Naija cos i went through the travel document application process and it was very disappointing and stressful.
More so, i almost missed my flight back to Canada because of that as they held on to my international passport way beyond the posted timelines.( i even received my PR card while still waiting for the travel document application to be processed)

Trust me, don't venture down that route... Thank me later !
I was skeptical too, and believe me when I say I have first hand experience with them at the Canadian Deputy High Commission. I once had to beg them to "borrow" me my passport so I can travel with it and resubmit to them when I return so that they can continue their own process. However, remember that you are now treated as a Canadian Resident and not as a Nigerian trying to disappear in Canada so it's all different

I submitted my application for a travel document on Thursday (16/April). It took me roughly 2 hours and that's because I had to leave and get cash from a nearby bank since they do not have a POS terminal for ATM card transactions. I picked up my passport earlier today so that is roughly 2 working days. Cost is a little below 15K. Visa is valid for 6 months.

More details on the requirements for the travel document can be seen here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp
I only submitted the application form, international passport, Signed CoPR, and 2 passport pictures.

My point is that it's not so bad afterall and I'll rather get the travel document than risk mailing the PR card to Nigeria.

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Dear All,

I'm an FSWP2014 applicant and I've been asked to make ''Payment for Permanent Residence Fee for dependent addition'' after I contacted AVO that I have new addition to the family.

My question: Apart from raising a bank draft, how else can this payment be made? Can I make the payment via the 'Pay your fees' option on the cic website? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp although for dependent addition, only Express Entry was stated there. OR is it possible at this stage to send a Fee Payment Form with my credit card details (IMM5620E)? What do you advise?

Thank you.

evelyn24

Dec 9, 2013
Unibadan said:
Dear All,

I'm an FSWP2014 applicant and I've been asked to make ''Payment for Permanent Residence Fee for dependent addition'' after I contacted AVO that I have new addition to the family.

My question: Apart from raising a bank draft, how else can this payment be made? Can I make the payment via the 'Pay your fees' option on the cic website? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp although for dependent addition, only Express Entry was stated there. OR is it possible at this stage to send a Fee Payment Form with my credit card details (IMM5620E)? What do you advise?

Thank you.
I did the same think 2weeks ago, but i paid online

pool30

Jun 28, 2013
Hello Seniors

I would like to know from your experience, which of the airlines stated is preferred to Canada.KLM, United Airlines or British Airways.

Thank you

Canada-here we come

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER--28-10-2014
AOR Received.
not yet
IELTS Request
with Application
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015
Interview........
recieved stamped passports on 29-7-15
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 July 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
pool30 said:
Hello Seniors

I would like to know from your experience, which of the airlines stated is preferred to Canada.KLM, United Airlines or British Airways.

Thank you
Experiences differ just choose the one wey size your pocket. All of them will get you to CANADA which is your aim rightttt?

buzzcana

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13/09/2013
AOR Received.
09/03/2014
Med's Request
03/04/2014
Med's Done....
08/04/2014
Passport Req..
30/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
March 2015 IJN
pool30 said:
Hello Seniors

Thank you
Are you talking in terms of price, comfort or reliability.

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
pool30 said:
Hello Seniors

Thank you
If you don't need a return ticket then I'll suggest you explore the IOM option (strictly one way but at a good discount). United Airways is an American carrier so you'll need an American visa to pass through America.

Google travelstart or wakanow for cheap return tickets. BA and KLM are both good. If you have young children then you'll want to use the airline that offers the shortest transit possible (bearing in mind your budget/cost).

All the best!

buzzcana

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13/09/2013
AOR Received.
09/03/2014
Med's Request
03/04/2014
Med's Done....
08/04/2014
Passport Req..
30/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
March 2015 IJN
chosen said:
If you don't need a return ticket then I'll suggest you explore the IOM option (strictly one way but at a good discount). United Airways is an American carrier so you'll need an American visa to pass through America.

Google travelstart or wakanow for cheap return tickets. BA and KLM are both good. If you have young children then you'll want to use the airline that offers the shortest transit possible (bearing in mind your budget/cost).

All the best!
Did you use IOM? How much did it cost and what kind of airline did they book?