+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

OSP

Sep 19, 2014
My dearest people, this is my first post here. Really thankful for previous posts - really helpful. Just want to acknowledge the people that have taken time to share Infos. My family and I applied in 2011. been through different updates and stages. Now, our passports have been submitted to Accra VO following the PPR. Expecting visas issuance. It is 2weeks already since VO received passports. Does it take this long for visa issuance? Thank you

OSP

Sep 19, 2014
Abeke said:
Good day seniors,

Can I use FIXED DEPOSIT STATEMENT as updated POF.
Or do I need to liquidate the money into my current account. Has anyone gone through this same process with AVO?
Please note that I have FD statement for 5months already.

Your input will be well appreciated. Thanks
Dear Abeke, I got your PM. Tried replying but not successful. Guess it s cos I am a newbie here. Think I need about 11posts to do so. Help confirm. Thanks. Also, I submitted my investment certificate while it was still active and running. Had no issues.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
yomifowe said:
Well, from my assessment, i met 67 points but i wouldnt mind if i got extra points for adaptability, cos my cousin is willing to do anything for me just to claim points in that regards, hence my asking.

Thank you.
Hi, for this cousin, you will need his/her parent's birth certificate as well as that for your parent. If the names of their common parent (your grand parent), for instance, their father or mother is on both birth certificates, it can serve as proof of relationship. As to your earlier question of you using affidavit to show relationship, that is not accepted. Cheers.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
OSP said:
My dearest people, this is my first post here. Really thankful for previous posts - really helpful. Just want to acknowledge the people that have taken time to share Infos. My family and I applied in 2011. been through different updates and stages. Now, our passports have been submitted to Accra VO following the PPR. Expecting visas issuance. It is 2weeks already since VO received passports. Does it take this long for visa issuance? Thank you
Just be patient. I'm sure you'll hear from Accra anytime now. A friend of mine same 2011 took 1 mth to get her pp back. Some ppl it takes longer, Some ppl 2weeks and some less. Just keep checking your mail box. They'll inform you when it's ready for collection.
Good luck n congrats.....

OSP

Sep 19, 2014
RonD75 said:
Just be patient. I'm sure you'll hear from Accra anytime now. A friend of mine same 2011 took 1 mth to get her pp back. Some ppl it takes longer, Some ppl 2weeks and some less. Just keep checking your mail box. They'll inform you when it's ready for collection.
Good luck n congrats.....
many thanks

Stella M

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUL 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
SEPT 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
JAN 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 2014
Interview........
Waived by His grace
Passport Req..
AUG 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello Anvaller,

I sent you a PM

Anvaller said:
My dear people, I need ur help/advise on an issue. I have a fellow fsw applicant (not on forum) who after medicals was asked to attend interview and after interview was later told that they were not convinced about his records. They asked him to get a lawyer to prove his case within 30 days. So is there anyone who can recommend a lawyer who preferably is experienced in Nigeria/Canada immigration cases that can handle this kind of situation?

Note: David Cohen had been contacted but would not treat a case that he did not start

Ur recommendations would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

abik

Sep 5, 2014
Good day House, am a first timer but have been following the forum for the past two years
My status has been changed to DM on Aug 25th 2014 but have not received the PPR email.
my updated profile is:
received application: 10 Aug 2011
Medical Request: 30 Jan 2014
Medical received: Feb 2014
POF request: 30 Jul 2014
We started processing your application on August 19, 2014.
Decision Made: 25 Aug 2014 that Accra will contact me

Do you think this is normal? I am confused please I need your help and advise.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
abik said:
Good day House, am a first timer but have been following the forum for the past two years
My status has been changed to DM on Aug 25th 2014 but have not received the PPR email.
my updated profile is:

Hi abik, just relax. That's AVO for you, be patient and they will eventually contact you. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait :)

TrustingGod

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-10-2013
Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
@ all,greetings and congratulations t forumites with diff updates

@ Gracetrust,I believe u indicated u want t travel this Sept and retn shortly.I am considering the same arrangement-land and retn in a month's time.Pls will this be a problem,when exiting Canada.I just want t be sure that I do not need any special arrangements-per travel documents- t exit.
Thanks for yr contributions

arewaincalgary

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
15-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
waived by HIS grace
Passport Req..
APRIL 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
JANUARY 2015
abik said:
my updated profile is:

U r welcome abik.in my own opinion,u shud send a mild mail to accra requesting to know d status of ur application.it is well.cheers

Phine_ay

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-09-2013
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
08-09-2014
Passport Req..
02-10-2014; Decision Made: 17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2014
TrustingGod said:

@ Gracetrust,I believe u indicated u want t travel this Sept and retn shortly.I am considering the same arrangement-land and retn in a month's time.Pls will this be a problem,when exiting Canada.I just want t be sure that I do not need any special arrangements-per travel documents- t exit.
I don't think you have any problem to exit, if you have a valid Nigerian passport, you can return to Nigeria.
Going back to Canada at a later time could need some planning. Because you might not have received your PR card within one month in Canada. Someone may send it to you. But during the processing of the card, I've heard of complaints that the passport photographs were rejected and you need to take another one. In a case where you are not there, it could be difficult to sort out.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrustingGod said:

Phine_ay said:
I don't think you have any problem to exit, if you have a valid Nigerian passport, you can return to Nigeria.
Going back to Canada at a later time could need some planning. Because you might not have received your PR card within one month in Canada. Someone may send it to you. But during the processing of the card, I've heard of complaints that the passport photographs were rejected and you need to take another one. In a case where you are not there, it could be difficult to sort out.
In the event that you do not have the PR card, you will need to get a visa (from accra or lagos, I don't know) that enables you to re-enter as a returning resident (there is a name for it but i don 4get oh, after eating so much eba)!

Peace!

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
TrustingGod said:

There won't be a problem leaving Canada and you don't need the travel document to exit, but the days/months you spend outside will not be counted towards your renewal of PRC or citizenship application.

how to re-enter Canada
Option 1: Someone can receive your PRC on your behalf at the Canadian address that you specified while you were landing in Canada and send it to you outside Canada. Note that the card will not be mailed outside Canada officially.
Option 2: you will need to get a travel document from the Deputy High Commission in Lagos/Abuja or the Canadian embassy where you are when you want to travel back to Canada.
Option 3: If you have a US visa, you can simply fly into the US and enter the US through a land border in a private or rented vehicle (as no commercial carrier will carry you unless you have your PRC or travel document). You can then use you landing record or COPR to enter Canada

You can also use google for more info. This is one of the sites I found - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Anvaller said:
My dear people, I need ur help/advise on an issue. I have a fellow fsw applicant (not on forum) who after medicals was asked to attend interview and after interview was later told that they were not convinced about his records. They asked him to get a lawyer to prove his case within 30 days. So is there anyone who can recommend a lawyer who preferably is experienced in Nigeria/Canada immigration cases that can handle this kind of situation?

Note: David Cohen had been contacted but would not treat a case that he did not start

Ur recommendations would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
look for dydx and send him a pm he has a naija/canada lawyer who helped him. you can also pm Isy too she got same lawyer too.
goodluck

wums

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Nomination.....
March 27 2014
AOR Received.
September 16 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 22 2015
Med's Done....
June 30 2015
Passport Req..
July 15 2015
Hello House,
Please I will like to find out can someone who is pregnant say like 3_4months pregnant go for Medicals and will this have any effect. Is there anyone who had this experience? I will really appreciate your advise. Thanks