+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

AirMan

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks great forumites for all the congratulatory messages: Xtreme, Aijaynwoke, Babakura, Kollins, masterpiece; una do well OOOh!!!!

Canadian Mum and Aijaynwoke, I have updated my timeline as you can see now.

masterpiece

Jun 17, 2014
Omo Naija said:
wow.... A lot seems to be happening on this forum now....

Congrats to all those that have received one update or the other.

A word of advice sequel to my last post... Getting the Visa is not the end but its just the beginning of a brand new journey/phase in our lives.
Endeavor to research as much as possible about Canada and try to have a "Positive minded landed person as your Mentor" to guide you please take note of positive minded, He or She doesn't have to be Nigerian but i guess a Nigerian will understand your issues better.

I was very lucky in my time to have a forum Naija brother "Jibaba" based in Calgary who i have never met till this day and i must say the guy is a great mentor (those of you going to Calgary, i will advise you PM him and tap from his wealth of Canadian knowledge - Please tell him thanks on my behalf if you do contact him). He assisted me in formatting my resume to Canadian standards, he acted as my reference for jobs, He even helped me to get job interviews - May God bless that guy !

I am also available for those of you brave enough to land in Saskatchewan arena as i live in Saskatoon but work in Regina as an I.T Business Analyst.

Godspeed guys, it is well !
Thanks Omo naija for this info. Please can you PM me Jibaba's contact cos I will be heading to Calgary later in the year. Thanks.

mrs_0

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
Med's Request
09-07-2015 (POf,Salary Acc,PPRF,Police report)
Med's Done....
13-07-2015 (SLU 23-07-2015, TLU 26-08-2015)
Passport Req..
19-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Chingy said:
U need to find out how long the new passport is gonna take, and weigh ur options, also check how fast ur NOC is getting full. If it's gonna take long, den u can apply wit d old one. Thank you.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ECAS Checker Android App:

Search as "ECAS Checker" on google play Store from u r device and install it....It saves the info on the device...:)

nzsr_786 said:
For people who have received PER this is a great time saver to check the status of E-CAS with just one click. Saves your time. Worth giving a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oscd.ecas

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
AirMan said:
Thanks great forumites for all the congratulatory messages: Xtreme, Aijaynwoke, Babakura, Kollins, masterpiece; una do well OOOh!!!!

Canadian Mum and Aijaynwoke, I have updated my timeline as you can see now.
Wow! 3 years of waiting. Thank God it paid off. Congrats once again...

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
ehn ehn ,...Omo naija in Saskatoon .plus Regina .. God knows your address oh !

My people ....it is not an easy decision moving over here , but its only the fearless and courageous that can make that decision. Like every other place , there is a system here , understand it ..understand it ..there are ups and down .. pleasant and unpleasant experience....hold to your vision , as in know why you are coming here ....then dont dream small dream here....it entails opening your eyes , ears, being nice to people and trusting God. Sometimes ago i went to a barbing Salon one day and i met a Somalian woman who came to get her son's hair done. She said and i quote " you can be in this Calgary for 20 years , sleeping and waking up and not aware a lot goes on .. you need to ask questions, ask the right questions..... the information is too much .... i wont say more than that .
please if you have any questions , just PM me. I took my time to explore the system , i am still learning , asking questions , listening to people ....and what drives me is to make sure people dont make mistakes i made, or i see people making ...Nigerians are not doing badly here and we just need to help ourselves and form a bonding like the Chinese , Filipinos and most importantly don't expect anything back etc .The chief of Police in Calgary once described Nigerians like this "

..you are from Nigeria....Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians, .i love them ... you dont see them doing dirty jobs, they work in the oil companies and big places, wears nicest clothes and live like kings and queens, they carry themselves with great dignity. A Nigerian gets whatever he wants, he will be the first to meeting , He will do all the jobs...but once he gets what he is looking for .. you dont see him again , hes moved on..oh i love you guys ....""" but that does not mean it is that easy like that oh ..

Enough story ..PM me, dont expect quick answer always ... but will def respond ....
Jibaba

Omo Naija said:
wow.... A lot seems to be happening on this forum now....

Congrats to all those that have received one update or the other.

A word of advice sequel to my last post... Getting the Visa is not the end but its just the beginning of a brand new journey/phase in our lives.
Endeavor to research as much as possible about Canada and try to have a "Positive minded landed person as your Mentor" to guide you please take note of positive minded, He or She doesn't have to be Nigerian but i guess a Nigerian will understand your issues better.

I was very lucky in my time to have a forum Naija brother "Jibaba" based in Calgary who i have never met till this day and i must say the guy is a great mentor (those of you going to Calgary, i will advise you PM him and tap from his wealth of Canadian knowledge - Please tell him thanks on my behalf if you do contact him). He assisted me in formatting my resume to Canadian standards, he acted as my reference for jobs, He even helped me to get job interviews - May God bless that guy !

I am also available for those of you brave enough to land in Saskatchewan arena as i live in Saskatoon but work in Regina as an I.T Business Analyst.

Godspeed guys, it is well !

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AirMan said:
Friends, to the glory of God, I just received my much awaited PPR!!!! Got an email from AVO some 30 minutes ago.

Congratulations

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jibaba said:
ehn ehn ,...Omo naija in Saskatoon .plus Regina .. God knows your address oh !

My people ....it is not an easy decision moving over here , but its only the fearless and courageous that can make that decision. Like every other place , there is a system here , understand it ..understand it ..there are ups and down .. pleasant and unpleasant experience....hold to your vision , as in know why you are coming here ....then dont dream small dream here....it entails opening your eyes , ears, being nice to people and trusting God. Sometimes ago i went to a barbing Salon one day and i met a Somalian woman who came to get her son's hair done. She said and i quote " you can be in this Calgary for 20 years , sleeping and waking up and not aware a lot goes on .. you need to ask questions, ask the right questions..... the information is too much .... i wont say more than that .
please if you have any questions , just PM me. I took my time to explore the system , i am still learning , asking questions , listening to people ....and what drives me is to make sure people dont make mistakes i made, or i see people making ...Nigerians are not doing badly here and we just need to help ourselves and form a bonding like the Chinese , Filipinos and most importantly don't expect anything back etc .The chief of Police in Calgary once described Nigerians like this "

..you are from Nigeria....Nigerians, Nigerians, Nigerians, .i love them ... you dont see them doing dirty jobs, they work in the oil companies and big places, wears nicest clothes and live like kings and queens, they carry themselves with great dignity. A Nigerian gets whatever he wants, he will be the first to meeting , He will do all the jobs...but once he gets what he is looking for .. you dont see him again , hes moved on..oh i love you guys ....""" but that does not mean it is that easy like that oh ..

Enough story ..PM me, dont expect quick answer always ... but will def respond ....
Jibaba
Bros... you are very right o. My green passport has humiliated me more than a few times so I was very surprised when I got to Canada (on vacation) with my family and the immigration officer that was supposed to check our pali (passport) started gisting with us and showing off his knowledge on Nigeria and Nigerians. I felt good because I really felt he wasn't trying to patronize me. I later got to know from my hosts that Nigerians are generally respected in Canada and in the Alberta area especially because they are more of technocrats. Anyway mark my name o. I go PM you soon IJN.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
AirMan said:
Friends, to the glory of God, I just received my much awaited PPR!!!! Got an email from AVO some 30 minutes ago.
Congratulations!!!!

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Tangowisky, it won't be long now. You are in my prayers.

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Hello guys, got our visas this morning. it's been a long long wait, but in his time he makes all things beautiful.
A Canadian company recruited my hubby from London and he left for Canada in 2010. Our PR application was in October 2011.

My hubby and I are married under the Ghanaian Customary law but not legally married so we have no marriage certificate.
We have a son who is now 4years. We applied as common-law partners and had to prove that we had lived together under the same roof for at least a year. We both provided bank statements and payslips from the same address. At the time that we declared our common-law partnership, (in Ghana even though we lived in London) was still legally married. They were separated though.

There were times that I felt so worried that AVO would not recognise me as a true dependent. All our situations are different but always back your story with documented evidence, I say the more the merrier. We later sent divorced certificate to them.
In the the time that we were waiting, I was refused TRV twice to Canada.

AVO has a mind of its own. It seems that they are not faced by any Ministerial Instructions that come from the immigration minister especially with regards to backlog and waiting times.
The London Visa Office for example is currently serving applicants from May, June, July 2013. AVO has yet to finish with 2011 applications. The only key here is faith and patience; lots and lots of it.

For all who are still waiting, God's speed.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Abie said:
Hello guys, got our visas this morning. it's been a long long wait, but in his time he makes all things beautiful.
A Canadian company recruited my hubby from London and he left for Canada in 2010. Our PR application was in October 2011.

My hubby and I are married under the Ghanaian Customary law but not legally married so we have no marriage certificate.
We have a son who is now 4years. We applied as common-law partners and had to prove that we had lived together under the same roof for at least a year. We both provided bank statements and payslips from the same address. At the time that we declared our common-law partnership, (in Ghana even though we lived in London) was still legally married. They were separated though.

There were times that I felt so worried that AVO would not recognise me as a true dependent. All our situations are different but always back your story with documented evidence, I say the more the merrier. We later sent divorced certificate to them.
In the the time that we were waiting, I was refused TRV twice to Canada.

AVO has a mind of its own. It seems that they are not faced by any Ministerial Instructions that come from the immigration minister especially with regards to backlog and waiting times.
The London Visa Office for example is currently serving applicants from May, June, July 2013. AVO has yet to finish with 2011 applications. The only key here is faith and patience; lots and lots of it.

For all who are still waiting, God's speed.
Congratulations...... I wish you all the best in your new country.

LOL @ your statement that AVO has a mind of its own.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
AirMan said:
Congratulations.