+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
teejeez said:
Help is coming from above. I prophesy that there shall be positive updates for us all this month. We will all receive good news that will surprise us beyond our imaginations in this month. I eagerly await the rain of testimonies from today. No beefs pls o because i will be the first to testify this month in this forum. Success with good speed all that have landed and preparing to land. Just be expectant folks and dont forget to bring prophetic offerings when sharing your testimonies. Happy weekend house.
AMEN!

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
daramz said:
I am an engineer, what other certification can I get? the only one I know and I am already working on is PMP. An other ideas please?
There is no Engineering certification in Canada, they only have Engineering Designation. PMP is a certification which anybody in any profession can do as one grows in his/her profession/career.
For you to practice an an Engineer in Canada you need to be designated. This means you must be registered as a professional Engineer (PEng). This registration process may differ from one province to another.
You may/may not need to write Engineering technical exams, Fundamental of Engineering (FE) Exam (depending on the level of your qualification or/an expereinece), but everybody wanting to practice as an engineer in Canada needs to write the Law & Ethics exam for Engineers in Canada (or the province you are in).
For example the Engineering body in Alberta is APEGA (Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientist Alberta- apega.ca), for British Columbia is APEGBC, for Manitoba is APEGEM, etc. - For more information, you can search to know their requirements to register

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
kanulia27 said:
Hi,
you are not alone. I did mine Nov 26 and there are still at least 2 people on this forum who did their on the 7th of Nov and Jan who are waiting.
Let us keep hope alive and faith strong that it will end well 4 us with a big bang and praises
Cheers
Hi Guys,
I know is absolutely good to keep our hope alive and keep trusting God in this kind of situation. But there are some cases/situations where one may need to act. A piece of advise here -
If you've done medicals for the past 6-7 months or more, and not heard anything from AVO,/ or your visa office, you may want to act or do something. Apparently, after medicals, I guess within the next 3 months or even less, (depending on the visa office) immigrant visa should have been issued if everything goes well. Because the date that will always be on the Canadian immigrant visa issued on ones passport is the date one does his/her medicals. And the medicals expires after one year, by which time you may need to redo the process again if nothing happens within 12 months down the line after one's medicals. May God help us. I wish all of us best of luck and I'm praying for you guys :)

Note: The immigrant visa is a one year visa. The start date of the visa is the date one does his/her medicals, and the end date is 1 year from that date. For example, if you do your medicals on Nov 6, 2013, your visa date should be Nov 6 2013 to Nov 6, 2014, by which on or before Nov 6, 2014, you should be Canada.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Mo123 said:
Hi Guys,
I know is absolutely good to keep our hope alive and keep trusting God in this kind of situation. But there are some cases/situations where one may need to act. A piece of advise here -
If you've done medicals for the past 6-7 months or more, and not heard anything from AVO,/ or your visa office, you may want to act or do something. Apparently, after medicals, I guess within the next 3 months or even less, (depending on the visa office) immigrant visa should have been issued if everything goes well. Because the date that will always be on the Canadian immigrant visa issued on ones passport is the date one does his/her medicals. And the medicals expires after one year, by which time you may need to redo the process again if nothing happens within 12 months down the line after one's medicals. May God help us. I wish all of us best of luck and I'm praying for you guys :)

Note: The immigrant visa is a one year visa. The start date of the visa is the date one does his/her medicals, and the end date is 1 year from that date. For example, if you do your medicals on Nov 6, 2013, your visa date should be Nov 6 2013 to Nov 6, 2014, by which on or before Nov 6, 2014, you should be Canada.
Good contribution. we generally have one year from the date of medicals to land in Canada so that should influence our schedule/planning for travelling.

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
Hello,
Your points are well noted. What kind of action will u suggest be taken? I wrote AVO about 2 months ago. Their reply was short: 'please be rest assured your application is in queue for review'. It clearly stated on CIC website that too many enquiries on same subject can slow the process.
Please can u elaborate on cause of action, you think should taken.
Please can other seniors comment
Thank you

Mo123 said:
Hi Guys,

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
kanulia27 said:
Hello,
Your points are well noted. What kind of action will u suggest be taken? I wrote AVO about 2 months ago. Their reply was short: 'please be rest assured your application is in queue for review'. It clearly stated on CIC website that too many enquiries on same subject can slow the process.
Please can u elaborate on cause of action, you think should taken.
Please can other seniors comment
Thank you
Well you can still stay calm for now and wait a little bit for AVO, but once it's going beyond this time, say like 8 months which I don't pray, you may want to involve the service of one of the registered Canadian immigration representative (Rep) at this point. Involving the Rep will help you go into the nitty gritty of your application and find out what is missing and why they haven't issue you the visa. Frankly speaking, applicants asking questions directly from those visa offices may not work or too convincing.

Let me give you my own little story -
I'm a Nigerian, presently living in Canada. Myself and my family filed in for this same Federal skilled workers scheme some few years back, though we didn't use the AVO , because then we were living in a different country, so we use the visa office designated for the country we were residence then. We thank God everything went smoothly as expected. But there was a family friend of ours then, we submitted our application the same time, and the responses from the visa office always come the same time (maximum 2-3 days difference interval).

As the process continues, we were requested to go have our medicals (almost the same time), this friend of ours even submitted his medicals say a month before we did ours. After 3 weeks or so after our medicals, myself and my family were asked to submit our passports for visa and our immigrant visas were issued. Then here comes this our family friend, one month passed, no passport was requested, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ....months passed after his medicals, he wrote to the visa office then, no response and as you know, you can't go there :mad:

So he decided to employ the service of a registered Canadian immigration representative (Rep), this Rep was the one that told him that , the amount he claimed that he has as Proof of Fund (POF) was not in his account. Apparently the visa officers were just waiting maybe he was going to update his POF, and if the POF wasn't updated, they were going to wait for the 12 months and told him that his application was incomplete (or unsuccessful), and may need to start all the process again.

So this our family friend was able to update his file through this Rep, then it was going to like 9-10 months, after which he was issued his visa and he came to Canada barely 3 weeks to the end of his 12 months window period.

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
Thank you very much mo123. You are truly God sent. We actually engaged the services of a Canadaian immigration lawyer based in Nigeria. Everything had been going smoothly until after the medicals. Maybe because before the medical we didn't have much cause to contact her. It became increasly difficult to talk to her. She will not take our calls, respond to sms, whatsapp or emails and there is no one competent in her office to answer questions becos she basically runs a one woman show. She required that every time u want to ask a simple question you book an appointment to see her which is very unrealistic in this era when we have easier nd quicker means of communication.
Our contracts states that she would respond to all communication timely but this has not been the case oo. Infact she received our medical req on Oct 29 nd ee got it on Nov 3. When she continued this behavior I fell out with her in a mail I wrote because rather than get reasurrances from her, she was even harder to reach than AVO. She replied my mail with a threat to write AVO and withdraw her representation meanwhile we had paid her in full. My spouse adviced that we lay low since the process is almost over. I still have copies of the exchange. My spouse went to see her and she claimed that withdrawing her representation will raise
Red flags with AVO nd harm the process. My spouse pacified her because we could not risk this after 3 yrs nd all that money.
So this is our story. We can not afford to pay another rep now so what should we do? All our correspondes with AVO is through her but I sent the mail enquiring about the status of our application myself. Any input is most welcome

Mo123 said:
Well you can still stay calm for now and wait a little bit for AVO, but once it's going beyond this time, say like 8 months which I don't pray, you may want to involve the service of one of the registered Canadian immigration representative (Rep) at this point. Involving the Rep will help you go into the nitty gritty of your application and find out what is missing and why they haven't issue you the visa. Frankly speaking, applicants asking questions directly from those visa offices may not work or too convincing.

I'm a Nigerian, presently living in Canada. Myself and my family filed in for this same Federal skilled workers scheme some few years back, though we didn't use the AVO , because then we were living in a different country, so we use the visa office designated for the country we were residence then. We thank God everything went smoothly as expected. But there was a family friend of ours then, we submitted our application the same time, and the responses from the visa office always come the same time (maximum 2-3 days difference interval).

As the process continues, we were requested to go have our medicals (almost the same time), this friend of ours even submitted his medicals say a month before we did ours. After 3 weeks or so after our medicals, myself and my family were asked to submit our passports for visa and our immigrant visas were issued. Then here comes this our family friend, one month passed, no passport was requested, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ....months passed after his medicals, he wrote to the visa office then, no response and as you know, you can't go there :mad:

So he decided to employ the service of a registered Canadian immigration representative (Rep), this Rep was the one that told him that , the amount he claimed that he has as Proof of Fund (POF) was not in his account. Apparently the visa officers were just waiting maybe he was going to update his POF, and if the POF wasn't updated, they were going to wait for the 12 months and told him that his application was incomplete (or unsuccessful), and may need to start all the process again.

So this our family friend was able to update his file through this Rep, then it was going to like 9-10 months, after which he was issued his visa and he came to Canada barely 3 weeks to the end of his 12 months window period.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
thanks for sharing

Mo123 said:

Thanks for sharing Mo123. This is an eye-opener

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
kanulia27 said:
Thank you very much mo123. You are truly God sent. We actually engaged the services of a Canadaian immigration lawyer based in Nigeria. Everything had been going smoothly until after the medicals. Maybe because before the medical we didn't have much cause to contact her. It became increasly difficult to talk to her. She will not take our calls, respond to sms, whatsapp or emails and there is no one competent in her office to answer questions becos she basically runs a one woman show. She required that every time u want to ask a simple question you book an appointment to see her which is very unrealistic in this era when we have easier nd quicker means of communication.
Our contracts states that she would respond to all communication timely but this has not been the case oo. Infact she received our medical req on Oct 29 nd ee got it on Nov 3. When she continued this behavior I fell out with her in a mail I wrote because rather than get reasurrances from her, she was even harder to reach than AVO. She replied my mail with a threat to write AVO and withdraw her representation meanwhile we had paid her in full. My spouse adviced that we lay low since the process is almost over. I still have copies of the exchange. My spouse went to see her and she claimed that withdrawing her representation will raise
Red flags with AVO nd harm the process. My spouse pacified her because we could not risk this after 3 yrs nd all that money.
So this is our story. We can not afford to pay another rep now so what should we do? All our correspondes with AVO is through her but I sent the mail enquiring about the status of our application myself. Any input is most welcome

You are free to cancel a rep anytime.She is just intimidating you with that threat.
If you want to know more about your application yourself go to this website

http://www.caips.ca/
Best of luck.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mo123 said:

Good information you have shared here•Were you both asked to submit updated POF 1hen your medicals were sent down to you?If so,may be your friend used his after submitting the bank statement to Accra and they went to verify it.But come to think of it,you mean that they can wait for almost a year waiting for him to have the expected money in his account before issuing the visa?That was quite interesting.

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanulia27 said:

Instead of getting a new Rep u can order for caips notes which I feel will be cheaper nd better.
Good luck

CBB

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
...... Rev Pere Colineau, Cotonou BP02504.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2012
Doc's Request.
25-02-2014 with Med Req
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
I dont know
IELTS Request
Did IELTS Dec 2011
File Transfer...
Cant remember
Med's Request
25-02-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
Summer 2014
:) ;) :D ;D 8) ;D :D ;) :)
My dear Kanulia27,
Whatever problems we face, we must not forget to go to God in prayers. Your case is not different and it is not too difficult for Him to solve. You have gone this far, no devil in whatever guise can hinder God's work in your life.
I ascribe to all the solutions and advice from the general house. But I want you to do more by committing it to God in prayers. You shall succeed. Everyone of us shall have a cause to laugh and rejoice at the end of it all.
That is the much I know.

CBB

8) ;D :D ;) :) ;) :D ;D

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
Dear kanulia27,

I know this kind of situation can be really disturbing, but I know with God on our side, everything should come to our expected end. Since you've involved the service of an immigration lawyer from the start (I want to believe she's registered with Canada and she knows what she's doing), she should be able to help, apparently, this is when you need her service most. After one's medicals submission, it's not customary to wait 6/7 months to hear from any visa office, and I want to believe she suppose to know. Maybe you should get in contact with her again and explain things to her. I wish you all the best of luck.

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good information you have shared here•Were you both asked to submit updated POF 1hen your medicals were sent down to you?If so,may be your friend used his after submitting the bank statement to Accra and they went to verify it.But come to think of it,you mean that they can wait for almost a year waiting for him to have the expected money in his account before issuing the visa?That was quite interesting.

We weren't asked to submit any POF again. We were only requested to have our medicals done. Afterall, we've declared to them that we were eligible to immigrate to Canada and we have the required funds. So if someone withdraws his/her money from the account he submitted for his/her POF that could be very dangerous/disastrous from my experience. Because these visa officers will not tell you anything, they will just assumed you submitted a fake bank balance statement or you are lying that you have such money in you account. And silently waiting for the 12 months to elapsed after your medicals, which is very sad :(

So a piece of advise here, when anyone submits his/her application with the POF he/she declared that he/she has, just leave it as it is, if possible till all the process is complete. My friend used his POF money after he submitted his application and that almost cost him his visa. Because most, if not all the visa offices will verify your POF before they issue you a visa. We didn't use the AVO, we both used another visa office where we resided in then.

Mo123

Jun 9, 2014
CBB, Tem and ksa0510, you guys are really great in this forum. Thanks for your great contribution. Mr. kanulia27 just be strong, take the necessary steps and above all pray and God will grant you and all of us the desires of our heart.