+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Eni said:
Congratulations Alfpharm.
Please the seniors in the house, I would like to know the documents I need for landing and also where I could get them.
Best regards
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...

REFERENCE THREADS:
Can we Land in Any City:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html
Which City to Land for Jobs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html
Landing Forms:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30178.0.html
Job's In Perspective:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]
10. If you are Driving your Car. -read below

NOTE: The more you are organized before hand, the better 1st impression you deliver and the IO/CBSA officer shall be happier. (BTW: smooth & fast processing). U'll be out faster. Go to your accom & relax for the day, you had a long journey, haven't you?

Courtesy: QORAX

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
toptinar said:
am happy to inform the house that I landed in Winnipeg on Wednesday 5th of march with my family through Turkish airline.we landed at Istanbul after abt 9 hrs flight from lagos.food and entertainment on board was okay.after a stop over of abt 6hrs in Istanbul we were on our way to Toronto.at Toronto airport we were ask to go d immigration section..a white guy interview me and after abt 20min we are good to go.there was no question ask abt prove of funds at all.we boarded westjet airline for Winnipeg and landed after 2hrs 10 mins.have already got my sin no,health and will try and open a bank acct today.canada fine no be small.i pray we all achieve our goal in life.pls guys in Winnipeg my email is toptinar @ yahoo.com.stil need some help or 2048132494.
Congratulations Toptiner. Go ahead and possess your possession.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Gracetrust said:
Congratulations to those that recently received MR and PPR. This is to announce the arrival of a newbie to this great forum.

Category : FSW1

Appl. Filed: October, 2011

Visa office : Accra

MR. : Nov' 2013
Welcome on board

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
African man said:
@ STELLA M & TANGOWISKY,
I really appreciate. Na God o. In fact, i wasnt expected it @ all when it landed. Did our med @ IKOYI on the 8th feb. and the PPR landed on the 4th march. Jesus i thank u. I was told to use either dhl or vsf. In fact, dhl was stated b4 vsf and as such av forwarded our docs to accra via dhl yesterday. I pray for updates for everyone expecting in Jesus name.

Love u all.
AFRICAN MAN
Congratulations African Man

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
Alfpharm said:
Let Jehova be praised.
The much awaited PPR just hit my inbox at exactly 3.20pm
For those waiting the time is now.
Congrats ... See you sooon

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
kolemm said:

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...
Good job Kolemm. I think people should really read wide on this forum to get the benefits. It should not be all about waiting to see who gets the next PER, PPR, OFR or GCFR. We should spend our time getting information that would help us towards our goals.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice one!
Oluspe said:
Dear XXXXXX
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATON. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
PASSPORT(S)

You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return envelope.

OR

You may also use the services of VFS Global by following the instructions on their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.

Please note that submission of passport(s) in person will not be accepted at the Canadian High Commission.

Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results (21st November, 2014) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.

As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
• Historical Identity documents indicating that your name is XXXXXXX used to apply for a Nigerian passport.
☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.
☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
• Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
• Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN YOUR ENVELOPE.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,

Immigration Section -KAS

Photograph Specifications

The two photos must:
• have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8 x 1 3/4″) finished size;
• measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of head);
• have been taken within the last 12 months to ensure an up-to-date likeness;
• have the date the photo was taken written directly on the back of one of the photo;
• be clear and well defined;
• be taken against a plain light background without shadows; and
• present a front view of the person's head, showing the full face in the middle of the photo

• Note that photos may be either black and white or colour. Religious head coverings may be worn, as long as the full facial features are visible. Non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible and not hidden by glare on the lens. Sunglasses are not acceptable. The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression and with the mouth closed.

Height and Eye Colour Chart

Please list height and eye colour for yourself and all accompanying family members below.

Eye colour choices: Blue, Green, Gray, Black, Brown, Hazel or Other.

Principal Applicant

Name: ___________________________________¬¬¬¬¬_________ Date of Birth: __________________

HEIGHT: ___________CM or ________ FEET ________INCHES EYE COLOUR: __________

Spouse/ Common-Law Partner

Name:_____________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT: ___________CM or ________ FEET ________INCHES EYE COLOUR: _________

Dependent

Name:_____________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

Dependent

HEIGHT: ___________CM or ________ FEET ________INCHES EYE COLOUR: _________

Dependent

Dependent

Name:_____________________________________________ Date of Birth:_____________ _

THANKS ALL FOR ALL THE MESSAGES. COPY OF THE PPR.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolemm said:

Hi friends,

REFERENCE THREADS:
Can we Land in Any City:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html
Which City to Land for Jobs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html
Landing Forms:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30178.0.html
Job's In Perspective:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]
10. If you are Driving your Car. -read below

NOTE: The more you are organized before hand, the better 1st impression you deliver and the IO/CBSA officer shall be happier. (BTW: smooth & fast processing). U'll be out faster. Go to your accom & relax for the day, you had a long journey, haven't you?

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
GENTLEANDREW said:
From thesame mail,did you come across this :
Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results (21st November, 2014) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.

What does it mean?
It means the visa will either expire on the date that such Medical results exactly clocks one year or before the expiry date on such passport; whichever comes first between the two dates.

Analysis:
MR date- 1st November, 2013. PRV date- 1st Jan, 2014.
It means such visa automatically expires on 1st November, 2014.

Whereas, or maybe such passport's expiry date is 1st August, 2014(this means it has 7months before it expires; which makes it valid! thus it meets their requirement stated: "• Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa")

So from the analysis above and the lists of dates below, it shows that the expiry of the passport comes first:

MR date- 1st November, 2013
PRV date- 1st January, 2014
Passport Expiry-1st August, 2014
Visa Expiry-1st November, 2014

So technically from what they are saying; such passport's expiry date is the date that such visa would expire, once it has been issued on the passport with such details above.

Hope this helps...

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
@kolemn
Thank you so much for the information.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Alfpharm said:
Let Jehova be praised.
The much awaited PPR just hit my inbox at exactly 3.20pm
For those waiting the time is now.
Congratulations...

I felicitate with you oo

All the best!

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
at last , accra don tell me say make i come collect my passport after how days now, i submitted it on 28th of feb , ;D :D :D :D

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
9ja4dLord said:
Good job Kolemm. I think people should really read wide on this forum to get the benefits. It should not be all about waiting to see who gets the next PER, PPR, OFR or GCFR. We should spend our time getting information that would help us towards our goals.
Lol ....OFR, GCFR. Thanks.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Eni said:
@ kolemn
Thank you so much for the information.
Thanks to God. Cheers.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
switchlanes said:
at last , accra don tell me say make i come collect my passport after how days now, i submitted it on 28th of feb , ;D :D :D :D
I can see you taking a deep breath. Now you can comfortably sleep with your 2 eyes closed. Congrats.