+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

bishop

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Afewgoodmen said:
What's this Eagle meeting ALL about?
The gathering of forum members is what is tagged Eagles' meeting - meetings are held every now and then to pray, thank God, share ideas and experiences, etc

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
ECAS : Medical Recieved 07-11-2013
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
Hello House,

Please what is the minimum amount one can hold as POF on arrival? should $9500 be enough?

regards

azania.colins

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
azania1974 said:
Hello House,

Please what is the minimum amount one can hold as POF on arrival? should $9500 be enough?

regards

azania.colins
Hello, Colin...
You've asked this question before, and we've answered you. You have to read thru the thread. There has been a great discussion about this POF issue, and there has been no consensus. And everyone who's landed have different experiences at the POE. However, be aware that the legal MINIMUM POF required by you to enter Canada is the amount stated on the website of CIC for the amount of people on your application. There is no maximum. The usual discussion is always around the manner which you carry it.
Pls, read thru the thread, you will find some inspiration.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Re: Preparation for Canada

ekundapsy said:
Hey, Pa Mufu.....
What have you done with Naija Pikin? We haven't heard him in a long time ooooooo!
Pls, release him for us on the forum ooooooo, his English (band 9 IELTS standard) will be easier on the ears ooooooo......
See the handiwork of Hakpoguma......if you no ask after MUFU, we for no go dig am up for you nah! Now whey we don find am, he wan block our ears with this him MUFU grammaticallity!
Abeg, Pa Mufu, wake up Naija Pikin oooooooooo......na him we wan dey hear now ooooooooo.. ??? 8) :eek: 8) ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
:D :D 8). Pa Mufu spoken words na fire!. Please enjoy it whilst it last o

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
azania1974 said:
Hello House,

regards

azania.colins
[/quote

Your family size determines the amount you should carry please go through cic website to find out what applies to your size if you are under FSW, and if PNP then the province has it's minimum amount. It's always safer to have the minimum amount ready whether in a bank statement, a debit card, travellers cheque or any document to show you have it just in case you are asked.

Most of the landed Folks were not asked to show proof except or one or two cases so you can come with less and scale thru depending on your confidence level and rehearsed story to tell when asked.

Haven said that, it's a reminder to all that the POF is at most times never enough, I tell you what cic stipulated for 6months would hardly carry a family of 5 for six months depending on where you land and life style. Spending here for 6months without earning can give one migraine that's why people should always map out their plans very well and be conservative from the scratch. Many of us go on spending spree at the initial time only to take stock after one or two months and realise the extent of resource depletion!!! Please be wise don't spend as if you are on vacation!!! Am talking from experience trust me!!!

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Quoting 'QORAX'

All You Need to Know About Landing.
---------------------------------------------

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].

Tax & Duties Component:
The funds we bring inside Canada are Non-Taxable. It is only the 'interest' earned on that which is taxed. The moment our funds start accruing interest [while lying in a Canadian Bank a/c] the bank will start deducting tax 'on source'. The same applies for any 'investment' in Canada that we make with these funds.

Courtesy - Qorax. Read more here : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

Highlyfavored

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Nomination.....
16-10-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
Soon IJN
Med's Done....
Soon IJN
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
Soon IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
Soon IJN
Lord, please let the MR rain start for FSWP 2013 and the remaining 2009, 2010, 2011-2012 applicants this week.

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
The year is progressing steadily. Wondering if the Accra Visa office will issue any update before the month runs out. This Canadian permanent Residence visa wait could be tiring.

Crest

Sep 26, 2012
Cheapest Ticket to Calgary

Dear All,

I must appreciate the advice received so far from every one, it has been quite informative and educative.

My family and I intend to travel to Calgary in April 2014 how do we get the cheapest one way ticket to Calgary?

Someone also advised that we buy a return ticket and fix a later date.

Please help.

Crest.

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
Re: Cheapest Ticket to Calgary

Crest said:
Dear All,

I must appreciate the advice received so far from every one, it has been quite informative and educative.

My family and I intend to travel to Calgary in April 2014 how do we get the cheapest one way ticket to Calgary?

Please help.

Crest.

Strange. But it appears return tickets to Canada are actually cheaper than one way ticket. You'd need to do a lot of research online to get the best airline ticket available.

Favourednonso

Nov 2, 2013

Crest said:
Dear All,

Please help.

Crest.
@ Crest: if you check out BA, Lufthansa, Airfrance and KLM web sites, you will notice that it is a lot cheaper when you select a return ticket. This is really good because the return ticket is cancellable and refundable only with a fee of $120 or more sometimes. If you play it smart you will get to pay only one way of your journey by cancelling your return ticket when you get to Canada. Then the airline will refund after deducting the fee. In order to get your money back easily it would be better if you pay for the ticket with your Nigerian or Canadian debit card so that you get your money via ATM. Please DO Not use Wakanow or any other similar website for this smart play. Go direct to the website of the airline of your own choice, register with them on their website so that you can modify and cancel your itinerary easily and pay on the airline's website. Remember to space out your return ticket date in case you don't have immediate access to internet when you get to Canada. Again, spacing out brings down the fare considerably. Please try booking your return ticket in the month of October, November or any other month that will the reduce the fare. Doing this is perfectly legal by the way as a passenger you can cancel your return flight.

In fact, airlines double the cost of one way tickets. Alternatively, you can explore the IOM option. But if you are tall or would need a special seating arrangement, follow my suggestions because you can also choose your seats.

Please, check if your tickets are cancellable and refundable before you pay. Though the airline would display this info before payment. That is read the terms and conditions.

Disadvantages of this approach are: Number one your return ticket money will be tied down till you cancel the ticket in Calgary. Number two insolvency risk of your own chosen airline. By the way you can get your money back in cases of bankruptcy or insolvency by filing a claim to your bank in order to obtain a chargeback.

Good luck.

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON

Crest said:
Dear All,

Please help.

Crest.
Ethiopian airlines

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
gabrilla said:
Hello lizman, based on your timeline, you received MR 31st October 2012 and did Medical 20th November 2013,how come? or is it an error?.
How is it that 2012 is getting MR before some 2011 applicants. e.g lizman is getting MR before gabrilla. Does Accra send MR randomly?

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011

Crest said:
Dear All,

Please help.

Crest.
@Crest,if it's 1 way ticket you want IOM is it. They are tested and trusted, you may send me a PM on how to use email to process your booking. It is possible you might not leave the 4 walls of your office, home etc till the last stage of obtaining your ticket. Form personal experience I only went to the Citi Bank to lodge payment into their account, which I could avoided by sending some1 but because I needed to sell some US dollars to Aboki to raise the required Naira amount for the transaction.

I wish you good luck in any means you so decide to adopt. Cheers

Razaqng