+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Azania1974, You do well! It means it is not only you that has got PPR this year but several other people. We are patiently waiting for the flood of updates MRs, PPRs PER etc.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
dayogbaju said:
Congrats.

Please which year did you start your application?
@ Dayogbaju, you want to do 'gbajue' for us!!! Please introduce yourself to the family before we will answer your question.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
dayogbaju said:
Congrats.

Please which year did you start your application?
jodav3 said:
@ Dayogbaju, you want to do 'gbajue' for us!!! Please introduce yourself to the family before we will answer your question.
Seconded!!!

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

And finally finally , i m happy to inform you that i got my Immigrant Visa from Accra yesterday. Actually it wasnt a smooth journey anyway as i slept MMA on sunday night. booked ARIK ,but the services were superb ooo. I wanted Aero initially but they had closed for the night. got to accra with my wife, I must commend the services of Ghana Aviation services too. Very very efficient. took a taxi to the embassy. The receptionist collected our information's and told us to come back by 3pm Ghanian time.. By 2.30pm, we were there. The security guards dey collect EGUNJE too ooo. i never had enough CEDIS on me so i gave them NAIRA but they resented it, but anyhow they collected it sha. Does this means that our NAIRA is soo worthless outside the shores of NIGERIA?Soon our names were called and the UGWU leaf was given us along with some instructions and the COPR. The receptionist congratulated us and wished us good luck ooo.I looked at the visa over and over, there isnt any trace of leaf nor UGWU there now. Except some unique features sha. Then got a taxi back to airport. ARIK leaves for 5.45pm . got to lagos yesterday at around 8.20pm. We left very late . so i had to pick up my car as i parked it at the MMA parking lot over night. then had to bullet back to ibadan yesterday. Got to ibadan at around 11.45pm .very late.

I want to use this opportunity to thank all those who supported me on this journey and I pray that many more miraculous PPR's. will coming before month end in Jesus name. All those expecting MR's and all other important information's .The God who did mine with speed will also Grant you speedy responses in Jesus name.

AZANIA/COLIN
Azania1974,

Congratulations on the receipt of your PRV. Your journey to Canada started with an adventure to Accra. Kudos to your madam for accompanying you to go and collect your reward!

With_God

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013. E-cas: Medical results received 7-1-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

And finally finally , i m happy to inform you that i got my Immigrant Visa from Accra yesterday. Actually it wasnt a smooth journey anyway as i slept MMA on sunday night. booked ARIK ,but the services were superb ooo. I wanted Aero initially but they had closed for the night. got to accra with my wife, I must commend the services of Ghana Aviation services too. Very very efficient. took a taxi to the embassy. The receptionist collected our information's and told us to come back by 3pm Ghanian time.. By 2.30pm, we were there. The security guards dey collect EGUNJE too ooo. i never had enough CEDIS on me so i gave them NAIRA but they resented it, but anyhow they collected it sha. Does this means that our NAIRA is soo worthless outside the shores of NIGERIA?Soon our names were called and the UGWU leaf was given us along with some instructions and the COPR. The receptionist congratulated us and wished us good luck ooo.I looked at the visa over and over, there isnt any trace of leaf nor UGWU there now. Except some unique features sha. Then got a taxi back to airport. ARIK leaves for 5.45pm . got to lagos yesterday at around 8.20pm. We left very late . so i had to pick up my car as i parked it at the MMA parking lot over night. then had to bullet back to ibadan yesterday. Got to ibadan at around 11.45pm .very late.

I want to use this opportunity to thank all those who supported me on this journey and I pray that many more miraculous PPR's. will coming before month end in Jesus name. All those expecting MR's and all other important information's .The God who did mine with speed will also Grant you speedy responses in Jesus name.

AZANIA/COLIN

Congratulations on the receipt of Visa. May you continue to find favour before God.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
azania1974 said:
Hi JODAV,

ACTUALLY I CHECKED THE NAMES ON THE A LIST THERE, I SAW SOME YORUBA AND IBO NAMES BUT IT SEEMS NEARLY EVERY ONE I MET THERE WERE CODING. YOU KNOW. WHO KNOWS WHO? AND ONE CANT JUST ASK QUESTIONS ANYHOW. SO I JUST MIND MY BUSINESS OOOO. COLLECT WETIN I WANT TO COLLECT AND HEAD BACK HOME .

COLIN

Lol... ;) ;D :D ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everyone codes in Naija.....it's our genetic makeup, with our fears of witches nd wizards.......lol
What did you expect?
How many people do you think allowed their family members (extended family, I mean) to know they were applying for Canadian permanent residency?
If people couldn't keep their anonymity in this forum, do you think most people I'll openly post here?
My guy, everyone codes....it's the sad truth.......but largely based on our belief systems.....

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
Congrats Azania on the receipt of your ugwu leave. May the land of canada favor you and yours.
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

AZANIA/COLIN

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
ECAS : Medical Recieved 07-11-2013
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
Hello House,

Please Can someone throw more light on the Declaration of funds at the port of entry In Canada. Got to First bank today. The relationship manager said If you have a Naira Mastercard, you dont need BTA again. Can one just hold something like $5000 cash and leave the rest like $8000 equivalent in Naira in the Naira mastercard. I think this along with the account statement can work at the port of entry. But heard in some cases , the CBSA dont count .

How do we see this please?

AZANIA/COLIN

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
azania1974 said:
Hello House,

Please Can someone throw more light on the Declaration of funds at the port of entry In Canada. Got to First bank today. The relationship manager said If you have a Naira Mastercard, you dont need BTA again. Can one just hold something like $5000 cash and leave the rest like $8000 equivalent in Naira in the Naira mastercard. I think this along with the account statement can work at the port of entry. But heard in some cases , the CBSA dont count .

AZANIA/COLIN

Colin,
Pls, read thru the thread....
There's no consensus on the issue, but you'll find a robust discussion on the topic.
Thanks

wole cash

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2014
Congrats Azania on your PRV.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

AZANIA/COLIN
Congratulations.. I wish you a smooth landing and a prosperous integration.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
azania1974 said:
Hello House,

AZANIA/COLIN
Dear Colin,

The 3 mostly recognised Proof of Funds are when you carry it in 1)Cash 2)Bank Draft and 3)Traveller's cheque

The meaning of Proof of Fund is the ability to show as evidence that you have already available funds at your disposal in Canada(for the next 6 months even without a job) at the POE. Since Cash is already available, and Bank Draft and TC can be cashed asap, then they qualify as Proof of Fund or any other form that makes you have access to money immediately.

So, I will say that money deposited in a MasterCard debit account qualifies as well since MasterCard loaded with any currency can be used in many ATMs all over the world.

The rest is how you go about it at the POE; if questions were thrown at you(you may not be asked about it at all), all you need do is to be well composed, be bold, be explicit and plain enough with your explanations about the MasterCard being the best option as a Proof of Fund for you at the time and how appropriate it is. Also printing along the statement of account says a whole lot more for you.

Hope this helps...
All the best!

vmaac

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
15-08-2013
Nomination.....
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted during application
Med's Request
28-11-2013& 23-04-2014 (baby)
Med's Done....
29-11-2013 & 24-04-2014 (baby)
Interview........
14-08-2013 For Sponsor and 15-08-2013 I was interviewed
Passport Req..
15-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon...
LANDED..........
Almost here...
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

AZANIA/COLIN
Mr. Colin plus Azania, I rejoice with you and your family on your Permanent Residency Visa collection.. God will perfect ALL that concerns you.

As for the funds declaration, this concern has been discussed over and over on the forum.. Declaration of fund at the Point Of Entry is not a hard and fast rule.. Please hold some cash and load some on your MasterCard.. I am sure you are cool and good to go..

Concentrate on the next level of settling with your family in your new country... CONGRATULATIONS!!

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
azania1974 said:
Hello house,

AZANIA/COLIN
I rejoice with you Colin. Most especially, thanking God for bringing you back to Ibadan safely at 11.45pm.
I congratulate you verily for the 1st PRV on this forum in 2014. May yours open then doors for others.
Congratulations.