+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
It is still possible even at this time of the year. I believe!!!

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hakpoguma said:
Thanks. In my opinion, there isn't any fast rule to this. Good to go with whatever you feel about this - no one can decide for anyone what steps to take. It is always advisable not to be around troubled waters!. The immigration officers will be making their own judgement based on their own discretion - their decision will be based on what they have found on ground when you arrive. It is always better to stay in the path of caution - have with you what CIC has demanded for, avoid any kind of regrets, Make it impossible for anyone to turn you back for any reason - to avoid 'too late matter'. If any rejection happens at the POE, then it will be too late and nobody from this forum - will be able to assist you when the ships are down - 'no matter the grammar we blow'. Please go with your instinct and more importantly - good to do the right thing as demanded by CIC on POF at the POE to avoid any embarrassment. This is my take on this matter, think of the future and what you stand to gain and forget the minor issues or inconvenience you may have due to CIC regulation on the POF requirement at POE. Good to stand on the path of the law only, that is when one is protected.

Chief Hakpoguma,
No one wants to be turned back at the POE.....that's the whole point of the write up. Also, no one knows the specifics of the matter discussed. We only know about cash, draft and traveler's cheques, and a guess on MasterCard as per people's experiences. and CIC was only specific about the amount. That's the summary of the piece. And no one is discouraging anybody from carrying $100, 000 in cash, if you're up to it. It is just to explore the avenue of the MasterCard, which we all agree is safe, cheap and convenient. I am still searching the CIC website as per this, I've sent an email, general inquiry to them too, yet to receive a reply. In my own point of view, my landing experience will be totally spoilt if I really have to carry cash thru MMIA declaring it, and looking over my shoulder every minute, or having a rough time with the immigration and customs.....or having the money stolen etc.
If you read that piece well, you'll see that I've left it all to each and everyone's discretion, to take a decision. I only presented a viewpoint based on the very little I know and have heard about the process.
I'm not lily-livered, just not sure I can risk declaring cash through MMIA

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
ekundapsy said:
Chief Hakpoguma,
No one wants to be turned back at the POE.....that's the whole point of the write up. Also, no one knows the specifics of the matter discussed. We only know about cash, draft and traveler's cheques, and a guess on MasterCard as per people's experiences. and CIC was only specific about the amount. That's the summary of the piece. And no one is discouraging anybody from carrying $100, 000 in cash, if you're up to it. It is just to explore the avenue of the MasterCard, which we all agree is safe, cheap and convenient. I am still searching the CIC website as per this, I've sent an email, general inquiry to them too, yet to receive a reply. In my own point of view, my landing experience will be totally spoilt if I really have to carry cash thru MMIA declaring it, and looking over my shoulder every minute, or having a rough time with the immigration and customs.....or having the money stolen etc.
If you read that piece well, you'll see that I've left it all to each and everyone's discretion, to take a decision. I only presented a viewpoint based on the very little I know and have heard about the process.
I'm not lily-livered, just not sure I can risk declaring cash through MMIA
Many thanks, my brother ekundapsy.....well spoken. So delighted with your point of view - lets hope AVO will respond to your general inquiry on the MasterCard option. I was only trying to avoid a situation where someone may mis-interpret your view point. You have made it very clear -it is up to people to use their discretion.

My brother, I dey your side oh - Canada by God's grace...here we come at the appointed time in Jesus Name, Amen.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
jodav3 said:
It is still possible even at this time of the year. I believe!!!
Yes, I believe !!!.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
bishop said:
my opinion - if you are applying from Nigeria, provide Nigerian address. Most if not all communications to you from CIC will be via email; i also think that your country of residence determines which Visa Office your application will be sent to for processing

Seconded! Thirded....lol
Use the country where you reside, because that's what they use in choosing visa office. If you're in Nigeria, and you use your Canadian address, and they send your application to Vegreville, Mississauga, Sydney or Ottawa, and they ask you to come for an interview for whatever reason, what will you do? We've had cases of people on this forum who had applied while on a temporary permit to live in the UK, their cases were handled by the London VO, but when they notified CIC of a change in address back to Nigeria after their stay expired, their cases were transferred to Accra. Your application may be delayed if your case officer is in Sydney, NS, and verifying employment history in Nigeria. Pls, use the address of where you reside presently......it is the ONLY thing to do..

tok

Nov 16, 2011
POLESTAR1 said:
It could be likened to the triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Just the way that particular entry into Jerusalem was spectacular than the previous, so also was this entry to Canada for me.

The triumphant entry of the Lord was done with him riding on an Ass; mine was done through the airport as against my previous entries which were through the land borders from the US.

The Lord entered into Jerusalem with him being acknowledged as the Messiah and the king, my entry was as a Permanent Residence as against the previous visits a just tourist.

Christ previous visits to Jerusalem will probably be with just his disciples but the triumphant entry was with mammoth crowd. I was a lone traveler on my previous entries but this time around, the entry was with my whole family.

You will sure agree with me that it was a glorious entry.

The journey was on Ethiopian airline, the flight was for 1.35 pm on Monday 16th Dec. 2013. The check-in process was seamless with the usual “do Christmas for us” by the officers.

The first lap of the journey was for 5 hours 10 minutes to Addis Ababa and the meal on board was okay, the flight entertainment system was also nice with something to interest every one. Nigerian movies, cartoon for the kids etc. My kids had a field day with the games.

The stopover was for just 1 hour 55 minutes. This was one of the deciding considerations for choosing the airline. The journey continued at 10.40pm Addis Ababa time for another 6 hours 10 minutes stopping at Rome, Italy for 1 hour for refueling and change of Crew.

The last lap of the trip and the longest was for about 9.30 minutes arriving Pearson International airport, Toronto at about 8.00 am local time. Though the total flying time was about 22 hours, I and my family landed with strength and vigor, we had enough sleep during the flight.

My first action upon landing was to quickly use my wife's MTN BB phone which automatically picked Rogers wireless to log into my account to check that the part of the POF which was in the account is still intact. And then I made my Naira Mastercard to be within reach in case there's need to confirm at the point of entry.

We proceeded to the Canada Border Service Agents and told them that we are Permanent Residents that are just landing, our international passports were requested and after checking and scanning they were handed back to me and we were referred to another section for the proper landing process.

The queue at the next section was short and in about 10 minutes it was our turn. The whole process was very fast about 30minutes in all, before we knew what was happening we found ourselves in the arrival hall, we had to go back to one of the Canada Border Service Agents to confirm if that was all and she said yes. I and my wife had to start arguing with ourselves that the landing process couldn't have been concluded that fast. But we went back to give them our list of goods to follow, though no goods will likely follow.

No one asked us about fund, no one even asked for what we have in our bags. In fact the Lady that attended to us asked us to take a seat while she signs the COPRs and conclude the whole process.

At the point of claiming our baggage, we had to get trolleys with 2 CAD per trolley, since I was not having any CAD on me, I had to withdraw from the Travelex ATM at the baggage reclaim area. I latter realized that the conversion rate of N161.37 to a CAD that I got from the Travelex ATM at the airport was higher than the ones that belong to banks. My subsequent withdrawals and purchases on the POS with my Naira Master cards were converted at rates between N152 to N154 to a CAD. So note that you'll get better rates on banks ATMs outside the airport.

Other processes have been seamless as well, we now have SIN numbers, we have opened accounts and apply for credit cards. I have also gotten a telephone line.

Pa Seglad and Ma Seglad have been so so wonderful, taking us to all the places we need to be and giving all the required direction even with their very tight schedule. I was just wondering how we would have been able to cope without them, not with the very chilling weather. I pray that the Lord will continue to uphold them.

Walking out of the airport last Tuesday into the cold morning, I watched as my daughter scooped snow with her hand in excitement saying she wanted to make snowman. I felt exited too, but not as a result of the snow but because of our new status: Permanent Residents. I flashed my mind to 2009 when I conceived this vision and then remembered the words of Prophet Habakkuk in chapter 3 of his book which says:

“Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
CONGRATS ON UR LANDING, I REALLY HAPPY WITH YOU. I WILL PM U TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS
TOK

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
i believe the quote below answers the question wrt pof at poe.pls read the last 4 paragraphs. Its a reply to an inquiry at the new delhi vo in 2010. I also think what you have declared in the custom
declaration should exist with you at time you arrived. On the cic website. We have "You will need to provide proof of your funds to the
Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit
your application for immigration". Key word is "When you
submit". it's not you arrive.
I might be wrong though.

shreya99 said:
Hi All,

I just got reply from CIC New Delhi for Proof of Funds Requirement,

Kindly have a look.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required

$11,086

$13,801

$16,967

$20,599

$23,364

$26,350

7 or more
$29,337

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada ;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants.

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Hi all

Just want to wish all a Berry Merry Xmas and a Bountiful new year.

:-* :-*

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
With gratitude to God, I announce the arrival of our PER (23/12/13).

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
omoba7 said:
"You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada".
Season's Greetings! I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year of Possibilities.

On the issue of showing our POF at Port of Entry, we have discussed the various options thoroughly. For me however, I have chosen the option of documentary evidence via a bank account AND small cash in hand. Here's what I have done:
I discovered one can open an account online with Royal Bank of Canada(RBC) even before landing (https://online.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/apply/mpa/apply.cgi/getting_started). After filling the online application, I got forms via email a few days later from an Account Manager with further instructions:

•Personal Identification (2 pieces) **
Certified copies of two pieces of personal identification are required for each account holder. The primary piece must be a passport, supplemented by other documents such as birth certificate or driver's license.
** Signature Card, Personal Identification and Verification of Identity forms must be clearly legible, signed and witnessed as a true copy by any of the following:
•A RBC representative from any of our worldwide locations http://www.rbcwminternational.com/locations.html
•You may also refer to the Lawyer Locator http://www.martindale.com. Only firms provided in this list can act as a witness. Note: Any lawyer is acceptable in USA, but we are unable to accept documents witnessed by notaries.
•A representative of a Canadian Embassy/Consulate
You will be notified of your account status within one week upon receiving your completed documents.
A Canadian funds ‘Day to Day Savings Account' will be opened by default. Once the account is opened, funds may be remitted by wire transfer or a third party draft.
The account will be ‘deposit only' until your arrival in Canada and your identification is verified in person.
Note: For joint account holders, all parties must be present together when verifying your identity.

Since I was going to the US (last month), I decided to use the RBC Rep option to certify those documents. I located a RBC office; a REP accepted to certify my Passport and any US issued ID(declined my Naija Birth Cert). I then contacted the RBC Account Manager in Toronto, who advised I use the US visa as the second piece of ID, which the REP agreed to certify. To this end, I sent the package via the post office to CA and 2 accounts were opened - RBC Day to Day Savings(C$) and RBC US High Interest eSavings (US$). Note, you can domicile the account in the province you intend to land and subsequently transfer to a branch nearest to your choice place.

I asked a friend in Alberta that needed to send some money to Naija to deposit the same into the C$ account and I gave the naira equivalent to the beneficiary here. So, I have funds already in the account; I hope to get more from that person (cheaper for me). The Account Mgr had to send me a mini statement, since I cannot access it online until I get to CA and verify my identity. I intend to get more C$ from within CA and wire US$ from Naija. For the landing part, the RBC will send me the statement and letter which I will show at the POE.
Regards

DyDx

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
fatenny said:
Congrats @ fatenny on the receipt of your PER. You're on course to fulfilling your Canada dream.
Cheers
DyDx

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
DyDx said:
Congrats @ fatenny on the receipt of your PER. You're on course to fulfilling your Canada dream.
Cheers
DyDx
Thanks a great deal!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
omoba7 said:
i believe the quote below answers the question wrt pof at poe.pls read the last 4 paragraphs. Its a reply to an inquiry at the new delhi vo in 2010. I also think what you have declared in the custom
declaration should exist with you at time you arrived. On the cic website. We have "You will need to provide proof of your funds to the
Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit
your application for immigration". Key word is "When you
submit". it's not you arrive.
I might be wrong though.
Many thanks Omoba. This is an excellent insight of what is expected at the POE with the regards to POF.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
fatenny said:
Congratulations Fatenny on the receipt of your PER. Wish you a more speedy process than previous batches of MI's'.
Cheers, HAA