+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

arewaincalgary

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
15-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
waived by HIS grace
Passport Req..
APRIL 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
JANUARY 2015
Gabil said:
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
GBAM
My brother................ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
gabrilla said:
Gabil, how far? by now you must be very anxious to receive the expected good news ;D ;D ;D ;D
Am happy for you.
Madam Gabrilla,
This na MR season, so expect more MR's this week
Gbam

Shoga

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
AOR Received.
28-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
16-11-13
Passport Req..
13/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/2014
BELATED CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT UPDATES RECENTLY.

REALIZATION OF EXPECTATIONS TO ALL AWAITING UPDATES.

MAY ALL OUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Gabil said:
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
GBAM
Hi Gabil, I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant we shouldn't disregard the spoken word, regardless of our perception of who the bearer is..... If you were offended, I sincerely apologise. I am sorry. I sent you a PM. Enjoy your day.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Preferred said:
Hi Gabil, I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant we shouldn't disregard the spoken word, regardless of our perception of who the bearer is..... If you were offended, I sincerely apologise. I am sorry. I sent you a PM. Enjoy your day.
Ha my brother vex ke?
I was reffering to those wey no believe oooooooooooooooooo
This face be like vex face :D ;D

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Gabil said:
GBAM
Abeg oooo. :) :) :) :) :-*
Una make me laugh sha!!!

brilliantone

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Agent of Change said:
Hello friends,
Good morning to you all.
I just thought I should share my one month experience in Calgary Canada with you.
I attended the CIIP program in London to get more information on how to survive in Canada and the knowledge I acquired from the 2 day event has changed my life.
BEFORE LANDING IN CANADA.
One - Before landing in Canada, ensure you have all your academic qualifications accessed or start application for your professional license if your job area is regulated. Please ensure you get copies of your transcript sent to the Licensing body in Canada. Make sure you have an account or update your account on LinkedIn and state there that you are looking for new openings in your area of specialization in Canada. LinkedIn is fantastic and it got me more than I expected. Remember LinkedIn is open to all so ensure your English and punctuation's are correct. In fact, me I always give it to my wife to look at before I post anything. A second pair of eye won't hurt.

Thanks
Two - You need to network with people already in Canada to find out what is required in your area of specialization to get a job before you land. Associate only with people that are better than you....my take on fulfilling your dreams in Canada.
Three - Talk to people on how to get a place to stay or temporary accommodation. People in Canada are damn too helpful and if you don't know anyone please go to Google and look for B&B in your area. We stayed in the hotel for almost 2 weeks before we got our own house.
Four - Ask someone in Canada to send you a Canadian type resume. The resume is different from Nigeria or European resume. Here, they are more concern about your soft skills than your technical skills. Every Immigrant have technical skills and so, your soft skills get you the jobs.
Five - If you have anyone in Canada, ask them if you can use their address and telephone and update your resume with the information. That gives you an edge to start networking or getting interviews before you arrive. Visit Indeed.ca, Workopolis , LinkedIn, Careerbuilder.ca and others and apply before you get here.
Six - Get all the require documents ready for Canada as stated on the CIC.GC.CA website. You can read all the numerous comments on landing experience in Canada but everyone always have a story to tell. The immigration officers here will always welcome you no matter the circumstances that brought you to Canada. Please make sure you have the correct landing doc for all family members, proof of fund ready and list of goods to follow (IMPORTANT).
Seven - You will surely get to Canada safe. Remember," what is conceivable can be achieved... Don't stop digging until you hit GOLD". DONT UNDER SELL YOURSELF AND DONT DO ANY STUPID JOB NON PROFESSIONAL JOB ... You are destined for the top and not the bottom. It may sound harsh but that is what I have learnt here. Looking for a job is a full time job in itself.

WHEN IN CANADA

First - Welcome to Canada and land of reality and opportunities. Reality set in immediately and your new life begin. Remember is your life and not the life of others. Only God and humility can give you early success in Canada. Rest for the first day and on the second day go to SERVICE CANADA OR ANY REGISTRY to get your SIN. once SIN is done, please go to the bank to open an account before applying for Alberta health card.
1. Get your SIN
2. Go to the bank and open your account. Please tell the account officer you need a proof of address document or a void cheque showing your name &address to enable you get an Alberta health card. Royal Bank of Canada, TD bank and Scotia Bank can help you with that. Remember to get a credit card to start building your history in CANADA.
3. Get your health card. for people coming to Calgary, you will get the Alberta Health Card.
Second - Proceed to Catholic Calgary Immigration Service (CCIS) or Newcomers center. They will provide you with all the help you need to settle in Canada. These organizations will help you with job search info, resume and settlement information.
Third - Please attend the CCIS new immigrant programs. There you will meet with new immigrant and other consultant that will share their experience on how to succeed in Canada. CCIS will introduce you to mentors and employers that will help you achieve your dream in CANADA.
Fourth - Make new contacts. Please make friends with other nationality rather than making a lot of Nigerian friends. Interacting with other nationalities will make you integrate faster into the country.
Fifth- Talk to professional about jobs and find out from your local library when professional network or meet or ask CCIS.
Six - ASK QUESTIONS....No one is an Island.
I will send more updates later.
Remember...YOU ARE A WINNER, A CHAMPION AND THE BEST.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Gabil said:
Madam Gabrilla,
This na MR season, so expect more MR's this week
Gbam
I pray soooooooooo

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Agent of Change said:
Hello friends,
Good morning to you all.
I just thought I should share my one month experience in Calgary Canada with you.
I attended the CIIP program in London to get more information on how to survive in Canada and the knowledge I acquired from the 2 day event has changed my life.
BEFORE LANDING IN CANADA.
One - Before landing in Canada, ensure you have all your academic qualifications accessed or start application for your professional license if your job area is regulated. Please ensure you get copies of your transcript sent to the Licensing body in Canada. Make sure you have an account or update your account on LinkedIn and state there that you are looking for new openings in your area of specialization in Canada. LinkedIn is fantastic and it got me more than I expected. Remember LinkedIn is open to all so ensure your English and punctuation's are correct. In fact, me I always give it to my wife to look at before I post anything. A second pair of eye won't hurt.
Two - You need to network with people already in Canada to find out what is required in your area of specialization to get a job before you land. Associate only with people that are better than you....my take on fulfilling your dreams in Canada.
Three - Talk to people on how to get a place to stay or temporary accommodation. People in Canada are damn too helpful and if you don't know anyone please go to Google and look for B&B in your area. We stayed in the hotel for almost 2 weeks before we got our own house.
Four - Ask someone in Canada to send you a Canadian type resume. The resume is different from Nigeria or European resume. Here, they are more concern about your soft skills than your technical skills. Every Immigrant have technical skills and so, your soft skills get you the jobs.
Five - If you have anyone in Canada, ask them if you can use their address and telephone and update your resume with the information. That gives you an edge to start networking or getting interviews before you arrive. Visit Indeed.ca, Workopolis , LinkedIn, Careerbuilder.ca and others and apply before you get here.
Six - Get all the require documents ready for Canada as stated on the CIC.GC.CA website. You can read all the numerous comments on landing experience in Canada but everyone always have a story to tell. The immigration officers here will always welcome you no matter the circumstances that brought you to Canada. Please make sure you have the correct landing doc for all family members, proof of fund ready and list of goods to follow (IMPORTANT).
Seven - You will surely get to Canada safe. Remember," what is conceivable can be achieved... Don't stop digging until you hit GOLD". DONT UNDER SELL YOURSELF AND DONT DO ANY STUPID JOB NON PROFESSIONAL JOB ... You are destined for the top and not the bottom. It may sound harsh but that is what I have learnt here. Looking for a job is a full time job in itself.

WHEN IN CANADA

First - Welcome to Canada and land of reality and opportunities. Reality set in immediately and your new life begin. Remember is your life and not the life of others. Only God and humility can give you early success in Canada. Rest for the first day and on the second day go to SERVICE CANADA OR ANY REGISTRY to get your SIN. once SIN is done, please go to the bank to open an account before applying for Alberta health card.
1. Get your SIN
2. Go to the bank and open your account. Please tell the account officer you need a proof of address document or a void cheque showing your name &address to enable you get an Alberta health card. Royal Bank of Canada, TD bank and Scotia Bank can help you with that. Remember to get a credit card to start building your history in CANADA.
3. Get your health card. for people coming to Calgary, you will get the Alberta Health Card.
Second - Proceed to Catholic Calgary Immigration Service (CCIS) or Newcomers center. They will provide you with all the help you need to settle in Canada. These organizations will help you with job search info, resume and settlement information.
Third - Please attend the CCIS new immigrant programs. There you will meet with new immigrant and other consultant that will share their experience on how to succeed in Canada. CCIS will introduce you to mentors and employers that will help you achieve your dream in CANADA.
Fourth - Make new contacts. Please make friends with other nationality rather than making a lot of Nigerian friends. Interacting with other nationalities will make you integrate faster into the country.
Fifth- Talk to professional about jobs and find out from your local library when professional network or meet or ask CCIS.
Six - ASK QUESTIONS....No one is an Island.
I will send more updates later.
Remember...YOU ARE A WINNER, A CHAMPION AND THE BEST.
Very Good Post. Appreciated 8)

olusheg

Sep 9, 2012
NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for mpnp in Aug 2012, applied to cio 04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
No document request
Nomination.....
13-12-2012
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
16-4-2013
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013, medical received and "in process" 6/09/2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2013
LANDED..........
18-10-2013
Let somebody shout Halleluyah.

Our Omnipotent king of glory has done His wonders again

Just got ppr

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
olusheg said:

Just got ppr
I knew it will come sooner than later. Congratulations my brother Shegeeeeeeeeeeeeee 8)

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
olusheg said:

Just got ppr
Congratulations on the arrival of your PPR

smooth

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-11
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
22-07-2013
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2013
LANDED..........
soon by His Grace
olusheg said:

Just got ppr
Congratulations Olusheg!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
olusheg said:

Just got ppr
Congrats Olusheg!!! .......a great news for the week.