+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
kubee said:
Goodday everyone,

Congrattss to all that have eventually gotten into Canada, may God continue to open doors for all of you......pls l want to ask my fellow naija peeps... l want to come and do a Graduate Certificate course in Diagnostic cardiac sonography...my question is can l do an MSc with the OGC(Ontario Grad Certificate) then secondly will l be allowed to move with my kids and thirdly what course are actually in high demand.....pls ur answers will really be helpful.
Hello Kubee,

I will not advise you to go for an OGC(Ontario Grad Certificate) cos its a 9months program and you will be issued a 9 month post grad work permit which is not enough for you to process your PR over there cos you need at least 6 months of relevant work experience on the 9months work permit you have ..... I got stuck cos it took me 4months to get a relevant job so I had to improvise another way for my PR (MPNP General stream)

My candid advise is to come in for a Masters degree of 2 years cos you need to attend sch for 2yrs at least before you can be issued a 2yr postgrad work permit
NB : I factored in the time between graduation and holding down a job in your field of study in canada and before the 6months for provincial nomination and 12 months for Canada Experience Class ... so the certificate program might not be your best bet afterall..

Cheers

More info below (All these information above I didnt know until I completed my program and hustling for my PR and hope it helps you and others planning to study in canada)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
EMO said:
May be we can do it together.

AOR= Acknowledgement Of Receipt
MR= Medical Request

I think there is a thread that did justice to your request. I will suggest you check it out?

Cheers
Thanks alot EMO, can you please pull the thread up? Been finding it difficult to locate same.
Many thanks and hv a favourable week ahead!

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Agent of Change said:
Hello friends,
Good morning to you all.
I just thought I should share my one month experience in Calgary Canada with you.
I attended the CIIP program in London to get more information on how to survive in Canada and the knowledge I acquired from the 2 day event has changed my life.
BEFORE LANDING IN CANADA.
One - Before landing in Canada, ensure you have all your academic qualifications accessed or start application for your professional license if your job area is regulated. Please ensure you get copies of your transcript sent to the Licensing body in Canada. Make sure you have an account or update your account on LinkedIn and state there that you are looking for new openings in your area of specialization in Canada. LinkedIn is fantastic and it got me more than I expected. Remember LinkedIn is open to all so ensure your English and punctuation's are correct. In fact, me I always give it to my wife to look at before I post anything. A second pair of eye won't hurt.
Two - You need to network with people already in Canada to find out what is required in your area of specialization to get a job before you land. Associate only with people that are better than you....my take on fulfilling your dreams in Canada.
Three - Talk to people on how to get a place to stay or temporary accommodation. People in Canada are damn too helpful and if you don't know anyone please go to Google and look for B&B in your area. We stayed in the hotel for almost 2 weeks before we got our own house.
Four - Ask someone in Canada to send you a Canadian type resume. The resume is different from Nigeria or European resume. Here, they are more concern about your soft skills than your technical skills. Every Immigrant have technical skills and so, your soft skills get you the jobs.
Five - If you have anyone in Canada, ask them if you can use their address and telephone and update your resume with the information. That gives you an edge to start networking or getting interviews before you arrive. Visit Indeed.ca, Workopolis , LinkedIn, Careerbuilder.ca and others and apply before you get here.
Six - Get all the require documents ready for Canada as stated on the CIC.GC.CA website. You can read all the numerous comments on landing experience in Canada but everyone always have a story to tell. The immigration officers here will always welcome you no matter the circumstances that brought you to Canada. Please make sure you have the correct landing doc for all family members, proof of fund ready and list of goods to follow (IMPORTANT).
Seven - You will surely get to Canada safe. Remember," what is conceivable can be achieved... Don't stop digging until you hit GOLD". DONT UNDER SELL YOURSELF AND DONT DO ANY STUPID JOB NON PROFESSIONAL JOB ... You are destined for the top and not the bottom. It may sound harsh but that is what I have learnt here. Looking for a job is a full time job in itself.

WHEN IN CANADA

First - Welcome to Canada and land of reality and opportunities. Reality set in immediately and your new life begin. Remember is your life and not the life of others. Only God and humility can give you early success in Canada. Rest for the first day and on the second day go to SERVICE CANADA OR ANY REGISTRY to get your SIN. once SIN is done, please go to the bank to open an account before applying for Alberta health card.
1. Get your SIN
2. Go to the bank and open your account. Please tell the account officer you need a proof of address document or a void cheque showing your name &address to enable you get an Alberta health card. Royal Bank of Canada, TD bank and Scotia Bank can help you with that. Remember to get a credit card to start building your history in CANADA.
3. Get your health card. for people coming to Calgary, you will get the Alberta Health Card.
Second - Proceed to Catholic Calgary Immigration Service (CCIS) or Newcomers center. They will provide you with all the help you need to settle in Canada. These organizations will help you with job search info, resume and settlement information.
Third - Please attend the CCIS new immigrant programs. There you will meet with new immigrant and other consultant that will share their experience on how to succeed in Canada. CCIS will introduce you to mentors and employers that will help you achieve your dream in CANADA.
Fourth - Make new contacts. Please make friends with other nationality rather than making a lot of Nigerian friends. Interacting with other nationalities will make you integrate faster into the country.
Fifth- Talk to professional about jobs and find out from your local library when professional network or meet or ask CCIS.
Six - ASK QUESTIONS....No one is an Island.
I will send more updates later.
Remember...YOU ARE A WINNER, A CHAMPION AND THE BEST.
You are really an Agent of Change! Thanks for the wondrous info. I'm sure it'll be helpful to most of us sooner than later.
Best regards
Dada-Karma

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Hello everyone, I can see that it is raining heavily on this forum.

A very big congratulations to everyone who has gotten one form of update or the other, I am really happy for you guys.

Mandie, at last God has done it.

"May Almighty God finish the remaining part for each and everyone of you, Amen"

MIDAS

Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-08-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with Doc
File Transfer...
August 2011
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
@ Zeemama, congratulations on PPR

MIDAS

Feb 16, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-08-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with Doc
File Transfer...
August 2011
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
ekundapsy said:
Dear All,
Congratulations on the various status changes we have seen in this forum. May The Almighty God continue to rain status updates , Amen!
I have a question for seniors in the house. What is the implication of not receiving the " Medical Results have been received" update on the ecas? What does it mean if it is delayed? From the different timelines of people on this forum, I find that this status change usually comes up within a month of doing the Medicals. My friend and I did our medicals together on the same date, but he's yet to receive his status update.
Any suggestions?
I received my MR the same day as urs and did my medical four days after u did urs am yet to av any change on my ecas too, so I agree with double portion and a lot of comments on this thread that ecas is not reliable to inform u of the status of ur application, so do not worry ur head if there is no change. Our good news will surely land on time IJN amen.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
My people how una dey?
EXPECT HEAVY RAIN TOMORROW
GBAM

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Busy B said:
Thank you for saying it as it is. God bless you as you finalize your landing preparations, it is WELL with your soul.

Busy-Bee
Thanks Busy-bee.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
Gabil said:
My people how una dey?
EXPECT HEAVY RAIN TOMORROW
GBAM

We are all good and eagerly expectant. ;D

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Is Gabil also amongst the prophets!!!!

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
jodav3 said:
Is Gabil also amongst the prophets!!!!
Blessed are those that believe without seeing. Just believe and key in. There is a lot of powers in spoken words. With God and Faith, there is no limit. Watch out 8) ;D

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Double portion said:
Ekundapsy,
There is absolutely nothing to worry about. You can email them if you like to know the status of your medicals, though when I did, they did not reply me. Most people do not see any change in their ecas, yet they got their PPR (blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed :D). My medical result reflected in my ecas after I got my PPR. So have faith. I believe they should be calling you anytime from now IJN. I know it cannot pass October. Just keep thanking God for its arrival.

@Double Portion, Midas & Busy B......
Thanks for the reassurances, they help to calm nerves.... I have actually seen the update on my own ecas, came up about 3 weeks after the Medicals, was just worried about my friend's. And after what Midas said, I think we can just smile and wait, keeping our fingers crossed.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Preferred said:
When God wants to speak, he uses any means. He even used a donkey before (not that I am comparing Gabil with a donkey).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Preferred said:
When God wants to speak, he uses any means. He even used a donkey before (not that I am comparing Gabil with a donkey).
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
GBAM

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Gabil, how far? by now you must be very anxious to receive the expected good news ;D ;D ;D ;D
Am happy for you.