+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
headyman said:
@ 9jcanada! Thank you so much for this prompt reply and for the good work. Yeah, knowledge and skill is very key oh. in fact, I have admission from University of Michigan-flint for the t-DPT programme starting this september, and now I really feel strongly about the need to differ the admission till next year for financial reason and to put focus on the alliance exams first: I hope its ok to do that or what do you think? Thanks and God bless you real good
Well, it's up to you. Only you know what your priorities are. If you are heading to Canada within the next year or so and you intend to sit for the exam after your arrival, it may get a bit challenging to combine studying for the Alliance exam and doing the D.Pt programme, but hey, anything is possible. But i'll advice you think and plan accordingly.

All the best.

9j

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Double portion said:
Headyman,
I believe the alliance exams is the core for now. I looked at the course contents for MScPt in Ualberta and found out that you need to have completed a 1st degree in another course before you can apply. Also, their year 3 to 5 courses are the courses we took in our year 2 - 4. For me passing the exams and getting a job is the first thing to be done by a new immigrant, you can build on that later. I believe you should defer the Michigan admission if you can and let's read for the exams. We will all make it IJN.

9j,
Thanks for your advice. I have all the books except the big red book, I will get that also. I am already preparing fo the exams.
Just a quick note here DP. The MScPT programmes are NOT for already qualified PTs. In fact, it is the equivalent of whatever you already have as a qualified PT coming from Naija. MScPt is the entry level qualification for Canadian graduates similar to B.ScPt or whatever is currently offered in Naija except that student coming into the programme needed to have completed anther degree at undergrad level. hence it's a graduate level entry. If you wish to do a post grad course, there are other master degree programme for already qualified PTs. That's what you should be targeting but note that some of the programmes may require that you currently hold a practice license in the applicable province which basically sends you back to the exam process.

Bottom line in my opinion, pass the licensing exams first and the sky is your launching pad from there.

All the best

9j

Larrywhisky

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sahik said:
We are safe, thanks be to God! If you are referring to the initial application fees, visit GTB and purchase a draft.
@Sahik, We bless God for your safety and that of others. I will visit GTB this week. @Omoba7, you can't purchase the draft at just any gtb branch except at the Abuja or Lagos headquarters. For the Lagos headquarters you will have to go to:

The Processing Center,
GTB H/Q 714, Adetokunbo Ademola Str.
V.I.
Lagos.

@Sahik again, many thanks for the info.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Larrywhisky said:
@ Sahik, We bless God for your safety and that of others. I will visit GTB this week. @ Omoba7, you can't purchase the draft at just any gtb branch except at the Abuja or Lagos headquarters. For the Lagos headquarters you will have to go to:

The Processing Center,
V.I.
Lagos.

@ Sahik again, many thanks for the info.
Dear
This is not absolutely true. you can raise gtbank foreign draft from all their branches nation wide, just enter any of gtbank raise the draft within one month you will get it depending of ur location becos they will forward your request to oyin jolayemi in v/i. i did mine in oyo state and a friend of mine did her own balyesa. All the best.
seun

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
Double portion said:
Headyman,
I believe the alliance exams is the core for now. I looked at the course contents for MScPt in Ualberta and found out that you need to have completed a 1st degree in another course before you can apply. Also, their year 3 to 5 courses are the courses we took in our year 2 - 4. For me passing the exams and getting a job is the first thing to be done by a new immigrant, you can build on that later. I believe you should defer the Michigan admission if you can and let's read for the exams. We will all make it IJN.

9j,
Thanks for your advice. I have all the books except the big red book, I will get that also. I am already preparing fo the exams.
. Hi DP. Thanks a zillion! Alliance exams is it. I will notify the school ASAP! May God give us the grace to cover lots of grounds before these exams! We are more than conquerors! Cheers

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
9jcanada said:
Well, it's up to you. Only you know what your priorities are. If you are heading to Canada within the next year or so and you intend to sit for the exam after your arrival, it may get a bit challenging to combine studying for the Alliance exam and doing the D.Pt programme, but hey, anything is possible. But i'll advice you think and plan accordingly.

All the best.

9j
@ 9jcanada! Absolutely right bro! Planning is very key as proper preparation prevents poor performance. Many thanks. God bless. Cheers

chucks

Feb 20, 2013
hey guyz new to de forum...jus hopin i could get some insight on how to go about appling for a visa..i was deported from canada bout a year ago i hav a son i would like to visit...what steps do i need to take please..is it safe to go for the parent/grand parent visa??

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Larrywhisky said:
@ Sahik, We bless God for your safety and that of others. I will visit GTB this week. @ Omoba7, you can't purchase the draft at just any gtb branch except at the Abuja or Lagos headquarters. For the Lagos headquarters you will have to go to:

The Processing Center,
V.I.
Lagos.

@ Sahik again, many thanks for the info.
Seun said:
Dear
This is not absolutely true. you can raise gtbank foreign draft from all their branches nation wide, just enter any of gtbank raise the draft within one month you will get it depending of ur location becos they will forward your request to oyin jolayemi in v/i. i did mine in oyo state and a friend of mine did her own balyesa. All the best.
seun
Thanks guys!
I guess it takes longer to process the draft from a branch...

gregg

Jun 23, 2013
Hello Omoba7, unsuccessfully tried to inbox u concerning this proof of fund thing. Please I wanted to know your thought concerning situation where the money is not left in the bank after submission of application. Please anyone is free to make an input. Many thanks.

Kainos

Mar 11, 2013
omoba7 said:
Thanks guys!
I guess it takes longer to process the draft from a branch...
Hello my advise would be to go to OyinJolayemi since every other branch still has to send to them. I know of someone who has done 2 Canadian dollar drafts there recently and got it on the same day he applied.

Regards.

olusheg

Sep 9, 2012
NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for mpnp in Aug 2012, applied to cio 04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
No document request
Nomination.....
13-12-2012
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
16-4-2013
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013, medical received and "in process" 6/09/2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2013
LANDED..........
18-10-2013
Kainos said:
Hello my advise would be to go to OyinJolayemi since every other branch still has to send to them. I know of someone who has done 2 Canadian dollar drafts there recently and got it on the same day he applied.

Regards.
Hello Guys,

Kainos is absolutely right, foreign draft can only be process at plural house branch of Gtbank (oyin jolayemi) and that is where our foreign operation unit is located .So it is advisable you go there and you will surely get it same day

Sahik

Mar 15, 2013
Kainos said:

Regards.
Very correct kainos. I got mine at the Oyin jolayemi office same day.

Sahik

Mar 15, 2013
chucks said:
hey guyz new to de forum...jus hopin i could get some insight on how to go about appling for a visa..i was deported from canada bout a year ago i hav a son i would like to visit...what steps do i need to take please..is it safe to go for the parent/grand parent visa??
@ chucks what was your status in Canada before you were deported?

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
chucks said:
and about the arc do i sent it with my visa application or do i send my arc application first...HELP
chucks said:
@chucks, I am thinking people in this thread may not be able to give you all the opinion you may require as your case is a bit delicate and peculiar. Have you thought of contacting an immigration lawyer? Like David Cohen for example who founded this forum?. Someone experienced in your kind of situation?

I am aware people are able to return after a deportation depending on time lapse and the gravity of the case. So, seek a professional legal opinion, okay?
Cheers!
All the best.