+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
zeemama said:
Hi all;
Thanks for ur support, u've been so nice.....
I just received my MR, would be going for it next wk.

Thanks
Congrats Zeemama on the receipt of your MR!!

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Congrats To everyone with one update or the other.Happy to read so much good news just days of not checking his forum.

Also I hope all landed Naija's in calgary are safe and not affected by the current evacuation. :'(.

May God continue to grant all our heart desires.

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
9jcanada said:
Hi DP,

The UBC program is a good idea. The only advise I will give is you will need to have covered some personal reading before starting the program. The program itself doesn't teach you PT from the scratch but it is valuable in developing exam skills and familiarizing you with the Canadian exam context.

I don't know if there's any fool-proof approach to the exam but I'll advice you incorporate the following into any approach you may be using:

1) Be sure you are familiar with the Alliance's exam blueprint You can download it from the website. This gives you a picture of the content areas where the Alliance questions are drawn from and also areas that are not covered by the exam, so you don't waste your time studying things that won't be examined.

2) Reflect on the depth of your PT training and identify the potential deficient areas. I don't know where you trained in 9ja, but to be candid must of our training in 9ja are quite shallow compared to the depth they require you to go here. For example if your depth of anatomy is weak, you may want to spend some times brushing that up. Same applies to other area. Remember this exams tests your ability to apply these fundamental knowledge, so don't ignore it.

3) Lay your hands on relevant books and review materials if you haven't done so. What books you study and to what extent really depends on your own awareness of your current depth of knowledge but in general these books will be of help:

A) Physical Rehabilitation by O'Sullivan & Schmitz (Big Red book) - Good for general knowledge about principle and process of PT practice, assessment principles and some conditions
B) Clinical orthopaedics by Magee - This along with the next book below should be your bibles for Musculoskeletal (orthopaedics)
C) Therapeutic Exercises by Colby & Kisner - Principle and in-depth analysis of treatment techniques. Use this with Magee and you should have the basis covered for MSK. It is also good for some exercise protocol for Neuro and cardio-respiratory conditions.
D) Exam Review Books - There are 2 books I will recommend for exam oriented review. But let me advise that these books will be of maximal benefit if your foundation knowledge are up to date. They are review books and they offer opportunity to practice 'sample' questions but without adequate background knowledge you may not get the maximal benefit from the books. It is what you want to use close to the exam after studying most of your materials above. (i) - NPTE Exam Review Guide by O'Sullivan (ii) - Score Builders by Scott Giles. You may also want to know that these review books as useful as they may be may not give you the full picture of the Canadian exam pattern. In my opinion, the pattern of the Canadian MCQs are slightly different from the U.S exam in that the Canadian case scenarios are slightly longer and the proportional focus and percentage of each practice areas e.g Neuro, MSK etc are different in the 2 exams. Unfortunately the Canadians haven't developed their own review books so everyone has to make do with the U.S format for now. The Alliance website has some sample questions that will give you a bit of a flavour of how the Canadian case scenario looks like.

I hope you find this helpful.

9j
@ 9jcanada! Thanks a bunch for this lovely piece. I'm particularly richly blessed with this. God bless you real good.What province are you right now? Also, do you know of any canadian school(s) offering DPT programme? Many thanks

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
You are welcome headyman. I am in Alberta. The DPT thing hasn't really caught on yet in Canada. The PT schools here are still offering M.PT programmes. They are expected to upgrade in a few years though. To be candid, it makes no difference whether you have a BPT, MPT or DPT qualification as far as the exam and practice go. Your knowledge and skills is what gets you there and set you apart. When you arrive and want to pursue the DPT programme, there are many schools in the US offering online DPT programmes. You can explore them. I would imagine you would have your hands full with the exams preparation at first though.

All the best

9j

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day.Please,one of the companies that i worked with in the past 10 years does not have fax number and a website but they have e-mail address,phone number and full address.Does it affect anything?
In my opinion, it doesn't affect anything. The information provided is enough for any background check process.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
GENTLEANDREW said:
Please,how serious do they take this settlement fund issue when i apply?What if they decide to verify through my bank and probably i have used the money by then but have the mind of replacing later.Infact,are banks allowed to give the exact amount in once account without the owners consent?Please,i need your response.Thanks
Settlement fund is important, its an eligibility criteria just like health and security.

You can move your money but remember that if they demand to see a fresh statement, they usually ask for past 12 months! Any huge credit into your account maybe
looked at suspiciously and you may be asked for the source. That's the prerogative of the visa officer just the same way they all do not ask to see pof at entry point.

If they need to verify transactions/amount, they have a way of going round the "data protection act" clause. check your inbox.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
For many of us planning to land and live in Calgary, it is good to be aware of the happenings over there, for the past 48 hours, many sections of Calgary city and other communities has experienced massive flooding, leading to an estimated 100,000 people been displaced, lets pray for our landed folks and get in touch to find out how they are.

More info and updates @ http://www.calgarycitynews.com/

Note: We can also take a lesson about areas to get accommodation from this event (study the area as much as you can to understand the associated potential issues)

Guvcode

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response.You mean they can check my account balance without my consent?How can they use my inbox?Please,throw more light and can you humbly explain your experience with them concerning settlement of fund and how they genral threat that of Nigerians and that of the people that you know of.God bless you.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
GENTLEANDREW said:
Thanks for your response.You mean they can check my account balance without my consent?How can they use my inbox?Please,throw more light and can you humbly explain your experience with them concerning settlement of fund and how they genral threat that of Nigerians and that of the people that you know of.God bless you.
The experience i have is all from other forumites experience on this excellent website.

Yes they can verify your balance if they decide to. I also meant check your inbox. I sent you a message....

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
guvcode said:
For many of us planning to land and live in Calgary, it is good to be aware of the happenings over there, for the past 48 hours, many sections of Calgary city and other communities has experienced massive flooding, leading to an estimated 100,000 people been displaced, lets pray for our landed folks and get in touch to find out how they are.

More info and updates @ http://www.calgarycitynews.com/

Note: We can also take a lesson about areas to get accommodation from this event (study the area as much as you can to understand the associated potential issues)

Guvcode
Our thoughts and prayers are with all landed Naijas in Calgary.
Stay safe and may the safety mantle of the Lord shield you from all harm.
Cheers!

Larrywhisky

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sahik said:
@ Larrywhisky, Calgary is cool and we are trying to settle down. We have not secured an accommodation (still enjoying our host) yet though there offers here and there. I don't have any offers for a 1 bedroom apartment so I can't say precisely what they cost but will keep you posted on that.
Thanks Sahik. Also heard about the flood today and hope you and your host are safe. About the application payment, can you remember your payment option? Its stated boldly "in Canadian funds", can I use my naija debit card to pay?

Sahik

Mar 15, 2013
Larrywhisky said:
Thanks Sahik. Also heard about the flood today and hope you and your host are safe. About the application payment, can you remember your payment option? Its stated boldly "in Canadian funds", can I use my naija debit card to pay?
We are safe, thanks be to God! If you are referring to the initial application fees, visit GTB and purchase a draft.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
Sahik said:
We are safe, thanks be to God! If you are referring to the initial application fees, visit GTB and purchase a draft.
can a draft be purchased at any gtb branch?

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
9jcanada said:
You are welcome headyman. I am in Alberta. The DPT thing hasn't really caught on yet in Canada. The PT schools here are still offering M.PT programmes. They are expected to upgrade in a few years though. To be candid, it makes no difference whether you have a BPT, MPT or DPT qualification as far as the exam and practice go. Your knowledge and skills is what gets you there and set you apart. When you arrive and want to pursue the DPT programme, there are many schools in the US offering online DPT programmes. You can explore them. I would imagine you would have your hands full with the exams preparation at first though.

All the best
@ 9jcanada! Thank you so much for this prompt reply and for the good work.
Yeah, knowledge and skill is very key oh. in fact, I have admission from University of Michigan-flint for the t-DPT programme starting this september, and now I really feel strongly about the need to differ the admission till next year for financial reason and to put focus on the alliance exams first: I hope its ok to do that or what do you think? Thanks and God bless you real good

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Headyman,
I believe the alliance exams is the core for now. I looked at the course contents for MScPt in Ualberta and found out that you need to have completed a 1st degree in another course before you can apply. Also, their year 3 to 5 courses are the courses we took in our year 2 - 4. For me passing the exams and getting a job is the first thing to be done by a new immigrant, you can build on that later. I believe you should defer the Michigan admission if you can and let's read for the exams. We will all make it IJN.

9j,
Thanks for your advice. I have all the books except the big red book, I will get that also. I am already preparing fo the exams.