+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

phemmyforbes

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13 -12 - 2010
AOR Received.
20 - 10 - 2010
Med's Request
24-08-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18 - 10 - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2011
LANDED..........
April 18, 2012
Good to be back,

i have been a member of this forum but been very busy lately.

Thank God for the good news and many more to come.

canada is a great and fun.

seeing you all soon.

All will be well

Jun 12, 2013
Hello All, this is the first time I am writing on this website and I will like to introduce myself as Agent of Change.

I have been reading through this website for the past few months and I think the time is right to share my amazing story.

I was nominated by Alberta Province in July 2010 and Accra started processing my application in 2010 even though I don't live in Nigeria.

I sent Accra many document from 2010 till 2012 until medical request was issued in July 2012. I completed my medical and those of family members in Feb 2013.

Two days ago, I received a letter from Accra that my daughter's medical was not done hence we were advised to do another medical for her. I wrote back to the high commission that her medical was completed in Feb 2013.

Through the advice of my wife, we decided to send copies of all our medical receipts to Accra via email and behold to the glory of God......WE GOT OUR PPR THIS MORNING.

I have read in the past on different forums that when medical is lost by the High Commission, It takes months to get PPR hence the reason why I am posting my message. It can take a month to find missing medical or medicals but this has taken less than 36 hours to sort. The lesson there is God does not forget his people, provided we remain steadfast and positive.

Many thanks to all the beautiful people on this forum.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Agent of Change said:
Hello All, this is the first time I am writing on this website and I will like to introduce myself as Agent of Change.

I have been reading through this website for the past few months and I think the time is right to share my amazing story.

I was nominated by Alberta Province in July 2010 and Accra started processing my application in 2010 even though I don't live in Nigeria.

I sent Accra many document from 2010 till 2012 until medical request was issued in July 2012. I completed my medical and those of family members in Feb 2013.

Two days ago, I received a letter from Accra that my daughter's medical was not done hence we were advised to do another medical for her. I wrote back to the high commission that her medical was completed in Feb 2013.

Through the advice of my wife, we decided to send copies of all our medical receipts to Accra via email and behold to the glory of God......WE GOT OUR PPR THIS MORNING.

I have read in the past on different forums that when medical is lost by the High Commission, It takes months to get PPR hence the reason why I am posting my message. It can take a month to find missing medical or medicals but this has taken less than 36 hours to sort. The lesson there is God does not forget his people, provided we remain steadfast and positive.

A truly amazing story! Congratulations for this glorious miracle.
Another lesson to all:more miracles shall unfold IJN.
Cheers all, and remain steadfast despite all odds.
:)

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Alert – Strike Action
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp#immigration

Learned people, I found this on the cic website. Does it have any effect on us? Any ideas or inputs?

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
EMO said:
Please let all your letter be addressed to the mail provided in your guide.... not that mail will go to different addressed based on the means of method of mailing.

It will be in your best interest for the report of the accessment to be mailed directly to the cic office in Canada.... time is a price in this new application process...

Cheers
Pa EMO,he doesn't have a file number yet so how will cic add his assessment report to his application.......
besides,the guide says all assessment reports should be mailed along with the application without which the application will be considered incomplete and returned.....GBAM

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Agent of Change said:

congratulations

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Agent of Change said:

Congratulations! To God be the glory!

headyman

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2012
AOR Received.
01-05-2012
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2014
Maldini said:
@ maldini, congrats on your ppr status. So happy for you. Just take your decision as advised. Cheers

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Hello my dear, wonderful, blessed, heaven approved Canada-bound house mates, ;D
Please I need to be reminded on how to notify Accra about the renewal of my children's passports. Thanks for your usual prompt responses.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Double portion said:
Please I need to be reminded on how to notify Accra about the renewal of my children's passports. Thanks for your usual prompt responses.
Do we need to notify them without them asking for it?.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
just send them an e-mail and you will be advised appropriately.

Double portion said:

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Double portion said:
No need for notification!

To elaborate, they expect you to bring a passport with more than 6 months valididty to pick up visas. When I got the PPR, mine was less than 6 months. But then, remember you always have to fill new IMM8 forms to take along for pick up.

To cut a long story short, I renewed my passports on a Friday, and went to pick up visa on a Monday (3 days after) and no other ceremony is required in between.

The thing is try not to burden them with unnecessary admin tasks. They need to churn out updates really quick, anyway!!!!

I hope this helps.

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
emmy_est said:
reference letter should be addressed to:
centralised intake office
citizenship and immigration canada
sydney,nova scotia

depending on how much time you have before your NOC caps.........registered mail may take weeks but it wont get lost in transit while courier will take days
thanks but how long will it take registered mail from Canada to get to Nigeria?

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Royal Dee said:
thanks but how long will it take registered mail from Canada to get to Nigeria?
Just do this by expedited courier, okay? Everything about this application is about speed, dear.

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
spokes said:
No need for notification!

To elaborate, they expect you to bring a passport with more than 6 months valididty to pick up visas. When I got the PPR, mine was less than 6 months. But then, remember you always have to fill new IMM8 forms to take along for pick up.

To cut a long story short, I renewed my passports on a Friday, and went to pick up visa on a Monday (3 days after) and no other ceremony is required in between.

I hope this helps.
Fantastic house mates, Spokes and Gabrilla
Thanks a lot. I was soooo worked up over this.