+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Okoro24

Feb 28, 2008
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
0211 & 2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Busco said:
Dear Forumites,

I learnt the application for FSW May 2013 will close June 30th 2013. IS this really true? Some of my friends are also having challenges in filling the form after passing the eligibility stage, how will they proceed in submitting thier application. I advised them to apply through David Cohen inorder to avoid unnecessary mistake but David Cohen have not been responding to her.

Anybody that knows a good and reliable agent to please PM me.
Busco,

I am not sure about that 30th June,i am using David Cohen.......they just assigned me a case manager and a document person.My advice is that she should still press on David Cohen.....she can even call them.......1.514.937.9445.

I am yet to take IELTS and also WES for my certificates.

Cheers,

Okoro24

Okoro24

Feb 28, 2008
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
0211 & 2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spokes said:
@ Okoro24, I believe the new nomenclature for that would be FSWP (without numbers).

Congrats to all bearers and sharers of good news - so good, glorious favor, etc. The Lord is so good and will continue to show us His glorious favor. :p

Have a great day everyone ;)
Spokes,

Thanks and God bless

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
Hello every one,

I am applying for the new FSW this May and I need to know a few things.

I studied Food Technology in my undergraduate, I have an MBA and also professional Masters in Industrial and Personnel Relations. However, I have over 5yrs experience in Investment Banking.

Pls how will I be scored in experience vis-a-vis my education since I dint study anything related to Finance and Investment Banking in my undergraduate. Do I need to state that I av a Masters in Industrial n Personnel relations since it doesn't really allign with Finance and Investment.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Thank you.

POLESTAR1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
Nomination.....
PER: 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
+ Additional doc Requested: 25-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
sogood said:
The Lord will grant your heart desires for rejoicing with me in Jesus name.Amen
Polestar1
Cynthybaby,
Babymart
Madam Ig
Smallie
Busco
Double Portion
Alfpharm
Amen and Amen

POLESTAR1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
Nomination.....
PER: 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
+ Additional doc Requested: 25-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
Royal Dee said:
Hello every one,

I am applying for the new FSW this May and I need to know a few things.

I studied Food Technology in my undergraduate, I have an MBA and also professional Masters in Industrial and Personnel Relations. However, I have over 5yrs experience in Investment Banking.

Pls how will I be scored in experience vis-a-vis my education since I dint study anything related to Finance and Investment Banking in my undergraduate. Do I need to state that I av a Masters in Industrial n Personnel relations since it doesn't really allign with Finance and Investment.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Thank you.
Hi Royal Dee,

The course you studied is not the major determinant of your eligibility, one of the determinants of your eligibility is your work experience which must be on the list of eligible occupations. For you to be eligible, you are expected to have at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience in that occupation.

The onus is now on you to prove that you indeed have work experience in that field by submitting supporting documents with your application . For more information, kindly read up: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Hope this helps a bit

Polestar

ayd

Star Member
May 21, 2012
sogood said:
The Lord has done it again.
I arrived Calgary,Alberta six weeks ago and I have started working in my professional field on a full time permanent appointment last week.
All you need do is to pray to God and believe in yourself as everybody case is different.
Good luck to everybody in the process-MR,PPR .The Lord will complete what he has started in your life.
My God is Sogood.
Sogood
. So good, congratulations o. Hope you don't mind sharing what you did apart from asking for God's special favor ;D. As in did you do your credential evaluation before landing or maybe did some certificate exams before landing. What's your profession? Regulated or unregulated. See plenty questions o. Oya spill the beans and share

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
sogood said:
I arrived Calgary,Alberta six weeks ago and I have started working in my professional field on a full time permanent appointment last week.
All you need do is to pray to God and believe in yourself as everybody case is different.
Good luck to everybody in the process-MR,PPR .The Lord will complete what he has started in your life.
My God is Sogood.
Sogood
Happy for you and wish you well and promotion in your new job.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
Happy Mother's day to all the Mothers in the house. BIOLAH

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@ Sogood, Congratulations on your new job. Indeed God is so good to you and yours. To all of us waiting for one update or other the Goodness of God shall visit us in this new week. There shall be rain of Aor,MR,RPR,PPR and many more IJNA. BIOLAH
[/quote]

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Biolah said:
@ Sogood, Congratulations on your new job. Indeed God is so good to you and yours. To all of us waiting for one update or other the Goodness of God shall visit us in this new week. There shall be rain of Aor,MR,RPR,PPR and many more IJNA. BIOLAH
Amen to your prayers.

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
ayd said:
. So good, congratulations o. Hope you don't mind sharing what you did apart from asking for God's special favor ;D. As in did you do your credential evaluation before landing or maybe did some certificate exams before landing. What's your profession? Regulated or unregulated. See plenty questions o. Oya spill the beans and share
This is my own opinion and what I did .

1.Before you arrival,research about 20 companies you are interested to work with-including phone, e-mail, and physical company address
2.All accountants should write ACCA to get automatic membership as CGA on arrival.
3.Engineers should check APEGA web site and get the transcript and references ready which should be send from Nigeria directly to APEGA on arrival and ensure all landing papers are submitted on arrival to APEGA and wait for assessment.
4.For all Project and IT persons can write and pass the required certification from any where in the world.
5.All other professional should link with the Canadian profession and get ready to complete any certification on arrival
6.Once done with all the landing documentation,I will advise you contact either CCIS,YWCA or Bow valley college CRTP to start Employment and communication training. Some of this agency offer 12 weeks work placement with support income.
7.Contact ILVARC and write the Canada bench mark English Language test-All training requires you have above point 6 in speaking,reading,writing and listening.
8.Submit your Driving License to Nigeria High Commission in OTTAWA to get reference letter---some jobs here requires DL Class 5
9.Prepare your resume as per Canada format.
10.Practice how to answer tough interview questions.
11.Attend networking events in your field-------80% of Jobs success come this way
12.You do cold call-Calling companies to talk with HR Manager for information based on your prepared list.----80% of Jobs success come this way
13.Physically move from one company to another based on your list-----80% of Jobs success come this way
14.Go online and post resume on monster,indeed and others and search jobs and apply---10% of Jobs success come this way
15.Try and locate employment placement agencies in your profession and register with them----10% of Jobs success come this way
16Above all,pray and remain positive and believe it is a matter of time .
The rest will be history.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
sogood said:
This is my own opinion and what I did .

1.Before you arrival,research about 20 companies you are interested to work with-including phone, e-mail, and physical company address
2.All accountants should write ACCA to get automatic membership as CGA on arrival.
3.Engineers should check APEGA web site and get the transcript and references ready which should be send from Nigeria directly to APEGA on arrival and ensure all landing papers are submitted on arrival to APEGA and wait for assessment.
4.For all Project and IT persons can write and pass the required certification from any where in the world.
5.All other professional should link with the Canadian profession and get ready to complete any certification on arrival
6.Once done with all the landing documentation,I will advise you contact either CCIS,YWCA or Bow valley college CRTP to start Employment and communication training. Some of this agency offer 12 weeks work placement with support income.
7.Contact ILVARC and write the Canada bench mark English Language test-All training requires you have above point 6 in speaking,reading,writing and listening.
8.Submit your Driving License to Nigeria High Commission in OTTAWA to get reference letter---some jobs here requires DL Class 5
9.Prepare your resume as per Canada format.
10.Practice how to answer tough interview questions.
11.Attend networking events in your field-------80% of Jobs success come this way
12.You do cold call-Calling companies to talk with HR Manager for information based on your prepared list.----80% of Jobs success come this way
13.Physically move from one company to another based on your list-----80% of Jobs success come this way
14.Go online and post resume on monster,indeed and others and search jobs and apply---10% of Jobs success come this way
15.Try and locate employment placement agencies in your profession and register with them----10% of Jobs success come this way
16Above all,pray and remain positive and believe it is a matter of time .
The rest will be history.
Nice presentation my friend!!what of credential evaluation pls...

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
sogood said:
My God is Sogood.
Sogood
Congratulations Sogood. Who says there is nothing in a name :eek: :eek: :eek:

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
shaddy said:
Nice presentation my friend!!what of credential evaluation pls...
In calgary, if you have your transcript, the govt will do the assessment free

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
sogood said:
In calgary, if you have your transcript, the govt will do the assessment free

Congrats sogood

Whats the procedure for this free assessment, I know people who had to pay for theirs and they landed in Calgary