+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
GLORIOUS FAVOUR said:
@ babakura, do we have to wait till our ecas goes into in-process before ppr? What is the the process flow? My ecas was updated to medical received on March 26, what is next? This is month of testimonies. This is our week of blessings. Rain of ppr and Mr in jesus name. Amen.

GOD BLESS US ALL. :D
I think Accra does not update when your application is in process like other VO's ... We should be expecting PPR any moment from now by GOD's grace .

@ questy
1. For the notarized documents, can I use photocopies of the originals with stamps from a court?
Yes, thats what notarized means (A copy of the original attested to by a notary public with stamp, signature and seal)
2. Do I need to have a job offer or PhD admission in Canada to be eligible to apply for this new FSW visa?
Criteria for the new FSW has not been released .. PhD info is for PhD students in canada and you must have completed at least 2years of the PhD and be in good standing before you can apply so it doesnt apply if youare outside canada
3. I'm a single fella and I have read somewhere on the cic website that the minimum funding for 1 person is about CAD$12,000. Would this sum be checked at the airport (y'all know what I'm driving at) if I got the visa eventually?
You never know , some got asked for it and some weren't asked .... I'd rather you have it when going than not have it .. You could be denied entry if you dont or have no proof of its availability
4. I have checked the numerous test venues in Nigeria and they're all full for the month of April, for the general training IELTS test and the earliest in May is the 16th of May. Is there a deadline for submitting an application for the FSW visa?
For the new FSW no deadline but when they reach the cap they will stop accepting applications. Still Minister has not released info for the new FSW but try and register for IELTS ASAP

Hope this helps

Crest

Sep 26, 2012
Any update for Medical for batch January 2012

I submitted application Oct 2011 received information fro syndey January 2012 that my application was ok and forwarded to Ghana for further processing. Since then no word from any one.

I checked the update on CIC website its the same story since January 2012.

Does anyone have any updated on Medicals for this batch?

Please assist

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
priceless said:
GBAM GBAM GBAM, The Eagle has landed ;D ;D ;D

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans :( :(.I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek:My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad:.We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way :( :().) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage ;D.

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ;D ;Dwe stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase ;D ;D.Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province. ;D ;D

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. :D :D.

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. ;) ;)We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :p :pso i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ;D ;D).Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to start building on already pre established networks ;) ;)

Would keep everyone updated as the story unfolds.
Congratulations Priceless on your landing. Quite an insightful experience

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
@ Crest, just relax and enjoy yourself. You are on course. Plenty seniors are ahead of you in this same stage of yours. You are MI 3. Join us in praying and trusting the Lord. You are almost there.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Re: Any update for Medical for batch January 2012

Crest said:
I submitted application Oct 2011 received information fro syndey January 2012 that my application was ok and forwarded to Ghana for further processing. Since then no word from any one.

I checked the update on CIC website its the same story since January 2012.

Does anyone have any updated on Medicals for this batch?

Please assist
Crest, the name of the game is patience. Accra seems to have started looking our way now. The person that reported MR here last month applied in October 2010. The people that got MR last week were March 2011 applicants. You see we are getting closer, though all MI2. AVO operates based on FIFO and there is nothing we can do but to wait. From your time line, its obvious you are MI3 and i can authoritatively tell you that no MI3 in AVO have so far received MR. What i may not be able to tell you is when but surely it will come. Relax.
@ All waiting for updates the celebration continues. Keep watching this page. ;) 8)

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Re: Any update for Medical for batch January 2012

Ikemba said:
Crest, the name of the game is patience. Accra seems to have started looking our way now. The person that reported MR here last month applied in October 2010. The people that got MR last week were March 2011 applicants. You see we are getting closer, though all MI2. AVO operates based on FIFO and there is nothing we can do but to wait. From your time line, its obvious you are MI3 and i can authoritatively tell you that no MI3 in AVO have so far received MR. What i may not be able to tell you is when but surely it will come. Relax.
@ All waiting for updates the celebration continues. Keep watching this page. ;) 8)
TRUE TALK, my brother Ikemba......we are all expectant/waiting for more rains of MR, for this week and beyond. To God be the glory.

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
Hi EMO
I totally agree with you on a relationship with God before landing in Canada!Its Chinny I tried ur number several times but didn't realise u had left.u knw I left d forum for a while depressed, congrats! Since u didn't let me in on the goodnews but I'm back.remember I took d IELTS as adviced since last year.I really need u to PM me. So we can communicate.how's d new baby? Takecare

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
Kayb said:
@ chinny09 sorry couldnt respond was quite busy. Well for credential assessment you have to wait till Kenney release d list but if u want to go ahead u can do ur assessment with d credential body in d province u'll be landing or WES which is a worldwide agency they might likely be on d list then when he release d list u then request for your transcript on their record to be assess for immigration. Wish u all d best
@ all who got MR and update congrats
Thanks a million KayB how do I contact wES? Also which is d best place for a pharmacist/public health program manager? Any ideas? Pls help

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Oluwagbemileke said:
Thank you Double portion for your response, thank you Spicey too. @ Double, how far is it with your processings, I hope you are making headways too. May Almighty God see us all through and May God keep prospering the Landed fellows. Thank you. Enjoy your weekend all

Thanks Bro Gbemi, I am also prayerfully in the waiting area. My application reached CIC on the 26th of April 2011. I got my AOR on the 1st of August, they asked for additional documents on the 11th of August 2011. Since then I have been waiting as others too.
I believe God has approved the release of our MRs. AVO has no choice but to comply and they have started. All I am doing now is thanking God for it.

So how far with your documents? The system of things in the country can make gathering of the documents frustrating but just keep at it aggressively, you'll get there.

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
priceless said:

@ PrIceless, Kemke congratulations.

Busy-Bee

udu

Jul 15, 2012
Hi my people, remember me? kindly check my comment on page 833 and wait for a miraculous response tmoro. :D ;D

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
priceless said:

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans :( :(.I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek:My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad:.We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way :( :().) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage ;D.

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ;D ;Dwe stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase ;D ;D.Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province. ;D ;D

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. :D :D.

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. ;) ;)We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :p :pso i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ;D ;D).Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to start building on already pre established networks ;) ;)

congratulation to .you and your hubby on successful landing,its a God doing..i wish you success as you are integrate into the system..

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
babakura said:
@ priceless

Hope you having fun ... Did you enjoy the flat land ahead of you on way to lethbridge and the breathtaking scenery just 10mins into lethbridge ..
The land of alberta will favour and prosper you

You are welcome to Canada ;D ;D
Yes I totally enjoyed the view especially with the snow fall and the mountainous view.It was really breathtaking never seen anything like that before. :p :p.Today I also saw the famous suspension bridge of lethbridge. Really nice, hope to go on a train on it pretty soon but I hope liver go allow me look down sha. ::).Amen to all your prayers......

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013

Right

Champion Member