+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pple,
I just decided to pipe low a little since i still have a long way to go and i quickly push my wife forward to present an application which is going on fine. She is now the principal applicant while i monitor events.

Soj,
How far?

Oloye

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Hello Right,

Hope this mail meets you in good health?

You will need to add your child, since He/She was not born in canada.

A person born in America only has six months to stay in Canada at a strech legally.

Ill advise that you add your child to your application.

Cheers.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Fathertee,

Long time....thank you for your reply.

I know i have to register the guy but when? Do I go ahead and do that now or wait till Accra ask for document update?

Thank you. Have you landed...?lol

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
tito said:
Wow! Never heard or read about the Manitoba PNP and all the wars! Why am I not surprised at the foolishness of man?

Nope, didn't have any other license aside that from naija; actually was not going to get that of Canada too but for the need to get auto insurance and plating the vehicle. I used my international drivers permit from naija all through the drivetest strike in Ontario.
Tito:
What happens if one fails to pass the driving test within the 60days? Can one use the intl license for a period longer than 60days?

Not sure if you can assist with this scenario. Say Mr X has a UK license, but has been a little naughty in time past and had been chastised with 2point endorsement, and the 2points endorsement expired two years ago, and he applied for the removal of the expired endorsement, and the license has been clean since then. If he then applies for the reciprocal Ontario license - would he just scale through and get issued one or would Ontario authorities go sniffing into the expired endorsement? The site talks about seeing evidence of driving experience of three years in previous jurisdiction - Is Mr X going to get punished a second time?

Iyan ogun odun...

tito

Feb 10, 2007
oceana said:
Tito:
What happens if one fails to pass the driving test within the 60days? Can one use the intl license for a period longer than 60days?

Not sure if you can assist with this scenario. Say Mr X has a UK license, but has been a little naughty in time past and had been chastised with 2point endorsement, and the 2points endorsement expired two years ago, and he applied for the removal of the expired endorsement, and the license has been clean since then. If he then applies for the reciprocal Ontario license - would he just scale through and get issued one or would Ontario authorities go sniffing into the expired endorsement? The site talks about seeing evidence of driving experience of three years in previous jurisdiction - Is Mr X going to get punished a second time?

Iyan ogun odun...
Hi oceana,
There is no limit to when you have to pass the driving test, it is all up to the individual although they claimed you can only use your foreign driver's license for 60 days. Intl driving permit can be used for 1 year but it depends on the situation! A bit tricky to explain, but I used mine from June 2009 till Jan 2010 and was going to continue using it if not for the fact that the strike was called off. You will be ok even after 60 days as long as you don't get into trouble otherwise the driver could claim he is a foreigner if caught with intl permit after 60 days. Police wont go digging into your status cos its not their business.

The reciprocal license is pretty straightforward, like walk in, walk out! I think Ontario MTO relates with few states in the US to verify infractions and the like, not sure they go as far as Europe. Even that of the US takes a while and may or may not be reported at all. The required evidence of driving should not have the infraction reported but should not be a big deal if they do. The guys that will use the letter will not even read it but only want to see that the license is valid, was issued by the UK authorities and that the applicant has required number of years to claim credit for the class of license in Ontario. Mr X will not get punished a second time as long as the letter does not state that Mr X is yet to serve his jail term! 2 point endorsement does not sound like a big thing I would worry about.

Btw, you said Mr X applied for the removal of the endorsement and has been clean for 2 years? This is no issue at all!

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Naija pple,how una dey ?Abeg somebodi fit helep me with the canadian office phone number for canada.

I dey expect una reply my good people.

Have a nice weekend.

Ig.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Hi All, nice seeing this forum.

'Am just about to start my processing. Can someone pls send me the initial application to be sent to Nova Scotia? Also, is it only in the UK & Canada we can get a bank draft for payment?

Thanks

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tessi,

Please check the links below. Ensure that you have worked for at least one continuous year on a full time basis in one of the 38No listed professions in the last ten years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

The forms that you require for applying can be downloaded from the link below. Prior to sending your completed application, make sure you visit this link again just in case there are additions/modifications to the application forms.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Canadian Bank Drafts are presently not issued by banks in Nigeria hence the need to obtain the drafts from UK, Canada or USA via a kind friend.

Regards,

Barsindoo

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks Barsindoo, I'll look into the NOC and yes I do have quite a number of working experience for my NOC code.

What is the fastest means of sending off the application and other documents to Canada? Via DHL? Do you know the cost?

Thanks~

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would recommend UPS. I was disappointed by DHL recently.

The cost from UPS is N12,500. It takes three working dates.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi barsindo,
Can you pls share ur experience with us on DHL disappointment? Im thinking of using them to take my pali to Ghana. Maybe it will be of help
Thanks

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir K,

I sent an item through one of their outlets in London sometime in early January 2010 to the USA. Up till now the item is yet to be delivered. They ....

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Thanks Barsindoo...

What's up with the IELTS exam? R we required to take it? I just contacted the British Council and was told the fee is N28,500 + N4,000 for study materials. Did you or has any one in this forum done the exam? If not, do we provide any altenative to canada? (What do we provide?) I see a question is being asked about this on the "schedule 3, Economic classes-Federal skilled workers" form.

Please advice.
Thanks~

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tessi,

Well........I took the IELTS exam in may in abuja. Then it was 27,000 and 4,000.00 for study materials. You actually don't have to take it. You can get a letter from your university stating that u received a degree from the school and the language of instruction was English. That should suffice. However, rather than risk them returning that and saying it's not sufficient, I'd suggest that you write the exam. It's more likely that it would be accepted than a letter from the university u studied in. Although I also had some recent trouble with my exam results (the visa office scored me wrongly but its been rectified), it won't hurt your chances to write it also.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Hi Darkside,

I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it as you said; it's all part of the financial sacrifice we have to make. I hope to take it in lagos and hopefully the price won't go up again b4 then. Also, did u have the British Council send ur results directly to CIC or CIO? Where?
Thanks.