+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Steeve

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I love this forum. 9ja 4 life. I got my immigrant visa this month for me and my family. Destination is Winnipeg, Manitoba and I hope to be leaving for Canada next year by summer. I have really learned a lot from this forum. Guys keep sharing opinions and info about jobs, schooling and life in Canada, especially those in Manitoba. Thumbs up people.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
motown said:
My fellow country men......... From the trend of issuance of visas from Accra, I am expecting to be notified by August 2013.I applied in August 2011. It seems to me Accra takes two years to process FSW visas.

I want some clarification to an issue of mine and I was wondering if anybody could help align my thoughts in the right direction so I can take the necessary actions now:

I am currently a student in the US and I am expected to finish in 2016-17 :( Assuming I am issued with the FSW visa next year, how do I maintain my FSW visa until I am done with school? Is there a way out? Do I have to email the Accra Consulate about my current situation? what is the smartest way out???

Any thoughts on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Merry Christmas to you all and may the new seasons bring new tidings!!!
In my opinion it doesn't sound like that much of an issue, let's say you take your medical sometime next year, your PR visa will be issued with validity to end by the 1 year anniversary of your medical exams date, so you can land just before the end of your PRV validity date in 2014, from then you will need to arrange to spend your holidays in Canada in other to have some days/months of accumulated stay in Canada. By the end of your programme you will need to arrange your accumulated stay in Canada to total up to 2 years in total by the end of the 5 years anniversary of your PR card i.e. by the year 2019 to meet up with the required accumulated stay in Canada in other to get your PRC renewed after the 5years validity.

That's my own take on the issue, other insights are welcomed.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
Dear All,

We arrived safely in Winnipeg-Manitoba on the 21st of Dec. We left Nigeria on the 20th around 11:35pm. There was no delay.
No Issues with the immigration as all we had was God favour all through.
Infact our luggages was a bit over weigh, all they told us is we should just put them in. The custom officer wey dey do shakara sef say i go pay for the fish and stock fish wey i bring in forgot about me eventually.

We got to Amsterdam around 5:30am their local time, same time with Nigerian time, We waited for over 7hrs at the schipol Airport, The best Airport I have seen through out our journey.
Here is a tip of what i notice- If you would like to explore, like buying food or stuffs like that, is better you have their currencu Euro although they accept Dollar but you will feel cheated so its better to go with at least 20euro or maybe 40euro depending on your family.
My wife and I spent like $30 in schipol Airport. (Am a big eater- I love food, I want to taste everything ! lol)

Here comes another favor for us- As we are boarding KLM to Toronto, we were told we have been upgraded to the business class- No first class in the KLM Aircraft. My wife and I were suprised, we begin dey looku looku ourself say wetin happen, why us- My wife said maybe because they noticed she was pregnant cos she was carrying her spit bottle all through in the aircraft from Lagos to Amsterdam.

We have never flown a Business class- Apart from say nah we go first enter the aircraft, as we dey enter like this dey sit down, na champagne or fresh juice dem use meet us..I come begin dey proud, dey feel say nah me pay for the ticket.
As we sit down like this wey plane fly we were served an appetiser- Smoked Salmon with hollandaise mousse, capers and shallots,served with cucumber sou[ and sour dough bread. As dem put all this food for our face, I dont know which to eat first, so i just dey look jeje unto one oyinbo woman wey dey the other seat. as she begin chop like this nah him i start, I almost threw up, my wife look me with one eye say if i throw up penren am in trouble. I told her I cant eat all this that cant i ask of eba and efo riro or fufu. She said i must force my self eating it so we wont look local. I sha chop the bread but the fish no go area for me! Nah my wife chop everything patapata.
Then here comes the main course- My wife had winter casserole with Volwaard chicken accompanied by new potatoes, pearl onions,cabbage chestnust, brussels sprouts and mushrooms, I had Vension stew braised venison with mashed red skin potatoes and olives,roasted beefs with blue berries and brussels sprout- omo nah die for me.. I no fit chop am. Na so so fresh orange juice i drink. Then dessert- we are to chose jasmine rice with mango, dark chocolate and praline dessert, a cheese plate with spice beemster lite and st Aubin cheese and seasonal fruit.
Also shortly before arrival we had appetiser- Vitello tonnato veal with tuna sauce, asparagus, pine nuts and roasted bell peppers. then later we had hot snack, croquette roll dutch snack of deep fried beef ragout in brea roll, cheese and red onion chutney pie. Then comes dessert- Dutch waffle mouse with caramel sauce.

You can ask for as much drink as you like.. Nah real enjoyment gallore for my wife but unfortunately for me, I cant just handle it. Infact I almost cried cos I was like I wanted to travel to Obodo oyinbo, Now I got it, I cant eat their food,lol.

Then we landed safely at toronoto airport, we got to the first immigration, we declared how much you have, they wont ask you to show them or count it- So you can lie! Am not advising oo, but just suggesting.

Do not bring in roots like yam and potatoes. We were told that because we are first timers if not we will be fined $800 dollars. But even wooden materials like frames. Though we didnt declare our frames so we got them in. I notice that it is what you declare they will check.. You can decide to show them a bag where you think foodstuffs that are acceptable and put the other things in the other bag. Just my own experience oo, cos we had some other stuffs if we show them, they will hold them.

Then we waited for another 6hrsin toronto to get Westjet to Winnipeg. The plane was delayed for over 3hrs so no be only naija plane fit be delayed, cos me yab Arik tire for niger when den delay me to go to Ghana.
Toronto to Winnipeg is about 3hrs journey. I was so tired that I couldnt eat. We eventually go to Winnopeg arount 1am their local time.

Apart from the northern area, winnipeg appears to be the coldest region in Canada, so if you are coming to winnipeg i wish you goodluck, you na go hear wen with cold. Infact you fit almost regret say why you live your country, but dont mind me, you will be fine.. Canada is a land of opportunity so i heard if you are smart and hardworking- there is no 2 way about that.

I will be talking to you guys later and needing help from my landed seniors inorder to fit into this system perfectly.

Please Nigerians in Winnipeg, PM ME PLS, CAN I MEET YOU GUYS AND ASK FOR ADVICE IN PERSON?

Please dont mind my typo.

Thanks and God bless us all.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
I have been laughing out with your experience, kindly update us more on your"settling down" experience in days to come.

You can PM Oladapo(Otunba Winnepeg)I am sure he will be glad to help you.

Have a beautiful "White" xmas.

Loolo

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@all,

for the benefit of those who are interested in Quebec Stream. the link below will be of help:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/statistics-publications.html

Biolah

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@all,

Find below translated Immigration guide & Procedure for Quebec Selection Certificate. Please you may arrange the content properly.

GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES
COMPONENT 3
PROGRAMME OF RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION OF CANDIDATES FOR ECONOMIC
CHAPTER 1
REGULAR PROGRAM SELECTION OF CANDIDATES QUALIFIED WORKERS
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 2 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. QUEBEC LEGAL FOUNDATION ............................................... ....................... 11
1.1 Legal Sitting Quebec .............................................. ................................... 11
1.2 Definitions
1.2.1 Skilled Worker ............................................. ...................................... 11
1.2.3 National Occupational Classification (NOC) ....................................... 11
1.2.4 Family Member ........................................... .................................... 11
1.2.5 Dependent Child ............................................ ............................................ 11
Lives Quebec ............................................ 1.2.6 ..................................... 12
2. REGULAR PROGRAM SELECTION OF WORKERS
2.1 Overview of the program .............................................. ................................... 13
2.2 Introduction to the List of areas of training ......................................... 14 ...
2.3 Treatment
3. GRID SELECTION OF SKILLED CANDIDATES .... 18
3.1 Overview of the selection grid .......................................... 18 ...........
General 3.2 Notes on the assessment of factors ......................................... .18
3.2.1 Evaluation of the spouse or de facto spouse and consideration of dependent children ............................. .................................................. 19 .........
3.3 Assessment of factors relevant to the selection grid workers
3.3.1 Factor 1. Training ................................................. ............................... 20
3.3.1.1 Criterion 1.1: Educational Attainment ......................................... ...... 20
3.3.1.2 Criterion 1.2: Field of Training ......................................... . 23
3.3.2 Factor 2. Experience ................................................. .............................. 32
3.3.2.1 Criterion 2.1: Duration of professional experience skilled worker ................................... ................................................ 32
3.3.3 Factor 3. Age ................................................. ......................................... 35
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 3 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
3.3.4 Factor 4. Language ................................................ 36 ....
3.3.4.1 Criterion 4.1: French ........................................... ...................... 37
3.3.4.2 Criterion 4.2: English ........................................... ....................... 40
3.3.5 Factor 5. Stay and family in Québec ............................................. 41 .......
3.3.5.1 Criterion 5.1: Living in Quebec ......................................... ......... 41
3.3.5.2 Criterion 5.2: Quebec Family ......................................... ....... 43
3.3.6 Factor 6. Characteristics of the spouse or de facto spouse
3.3.6.1 Criterion 6.1: Educational Attainment ......................................... ...... 45
3.3.6.2 Criterion 6.2: Field of Training ......................................... . 46
3.3.6.3 Criterion 6.3: Age ........................................... ............................ 46
3.3.6.4 Criterion 6.4: French ........................................... ...................... 46
3.3.7 Factor 7. Validated job offer ............................................. ............... 46
3.3.7.1 Criterion 7.1: Validated employment offer in the MMR ................... 47
3.3.7.2 Criterion 7.2: Validated employment offer outside the RMD .. 47
3.3.8 Factor 8. Children ................................................. ................................... 47
3.3.8.1 Criterion 8.1: 12 years or less ........................................ ............ 48
3.3.8.2 Criterion 8.2: 13 to 21 years ........................................ .................... 48
3.3.9 Factor 9. Financial self-sufficiency ............................................ 48
3.3.10 Factor 10. Adaptability ................................................. .......................... 50
4. SELECTION PROCESS CANDIDATE SKILLED WORKER .... 52
4.1 Overview of the application for a selection certificate Quebec and opening the file
4.1.1 Application for Selection Certificate of Quebec (DCS) and other documents .................................. .................................................. 52 ............
4.1.2 Candidates or spouse or de facto exercising a regulated profession or trade ................................. .................................................. 53
4.1.3 Consent of parent does not accompany ...................................... 54
4.1.4 Certified copies ............................................ ......................... 54
4.1.5 Fees ............................................. ........................................... 54
4.1.6 Incomplete Records ............................................. .................................... 55
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 4 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
4.1.7 Candidates who have provided false information or document or
4.1.8 Candidates covered by Priority ......................................... 56 ...
4.2 Step Preliminary Examination ........................................... ................................ 57
4.2.1 Objectives of the preliminary examination ......................................... 57 .................
4.2.2 Requirements to the stage of preliminary examination ..................................... 58 ....
4.2.3 Results at the stage of preliminary examination ..................................... 59 ......
4.2.3.1 Acceptance .............................................. ................................. 60
4.2.3.2 Intention denial and refusal .......................................... ............... 60
4.2.3.3 Intention of rejection and rejection .......................................... ................. 61
4.2.3.4 Pending .............................................. ....................................... 61
4.3 Step selection ............................................. ............................................... 62
4.3.1 Objectives for selection stage ....................................... ..................... 62
4.3.1.1 Selection Interview ............................................ .................... 62
4.3.1.2 Selection on file ............................................ ..................... 63
4.3.2 Requirements for the selection stage ....................................... .................... 64
4.3.3 Results at the stage of selection ....................................... ..................... 65
4.3.3.1 Acceptance .............................................. ................................. 65
4.3.3.2 Intention denial and refusal .......................................... ............... 66
4.3.3.3 Intention of rejection and rejection .......................................... ................. 66
4.3.3.4 Pending .............................................. ....................................... 67
4.4 Adding or removing a spouse or a dependent child who accompanies during the process or after the issuance of the CSQ ....................... ................................ 68
4.4.1 Adding or removing in the process (no final decision has yet been
4.4.1.1 Adding a spouse .......................................... ......................... 69
4.4.1.2 Removing a spouse .......................................... ....................... 69
4.4.1.3 Adding a new dependent child ....................................... ..... 70
4.4.2 Adding or removing after the granting of a CSQ ..................................... 70 ....
4.4.2.1 Adding a spouse .......................................... ......................... 70
4.4.2.2 Removing a spouse .......................................... ....................... 71
4.4.2.3 Adding a new dependent child ....................................... ..... 72
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 5 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
4.5 Formalities statutory admission ............................................ 72 ..........................
5. PROCESS VALIDATION OF A JOB ............................... 74
5.1 General
5.2 Requirements for regulatory validation of a job ..................... 75
5.3 Filing of the application for validation of an offer of employment by an employer ..... 76
5.4 Review of the validation request a Job ................................ 77
5.4.1 Analysis of Job ....................................... .............................. 77
5.4.1.1 Business Sustainability .......................................... .................. 77
5.4.1.2 Need labor ........................................ ................... 77
5.4.1.3 Visit the company .......................................... ....................... 78
5.4.2 Analysis of the candidate's skills .......................................... 79 ...........
5.5 Decision
5.5.1 Acceptance of the validation of the job .................................... .79
5.5.1.1 Selection of candidate ............................................ .................... 80
5.5.2 Refusal to validate the Job .................................... 81 ...........
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 6 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
TABLE OF ANNEXES
APPENDIX 1: LIST OF AREAS OF TRAINING FOR 2009
APPENDIX 2: LIST OF PREFERRED AREAS OF TRAINING 2009
APPENDIX 3: SUMMARY OF FACTORS AND GRILLE CRITERIA FOR THE SELECTION OF SKILLED WORKERS ON THE REGULATION 14 October 2009
APPENDIX 4: COMPARATIVE TABLES OF DEGREES
GERMANY ................................................. ...................................... SAUDI ARABIA ................................................ ............................ ARGENTINA ................................................. ........................................
BANGLADESH ................................................. .....................................

BELGIUM ................................................. ...........................................

BULGARIA ................................................. ...........................................
BURUNDI ................................................. ..............................................
CAMBODIA ................................................. .........................................
CAMEROON ................................................. .........................................

CHINA (PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF) ......................................
BRITISH ................................................. ..........................................
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 7 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
IVORY COAST ............................................. .....................................

EGYPT ................................................. ................................................
EL SALVADOR ................................................ .....................................
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES ............................................... ....................

FRANCE ................................................. ................................................
GUATEMALA ................................................. ......................................

ILE MAURICE ............................................... .......................................

IRAQ
IRAN

JAPAN ................................................. .................................................. .

KAZAKHSTAN ................................................. ....................................
KUWAIT ................................................. ...............................................

MADAGASCAR ................................................. ...................................

MOROCCO ................................................. .................................................
MEXICO ................................................. .............................................
MOLDOVA ................................................. ..........................................

GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 8 permanent skilled Updated October 2012

PHILIPPINES ................................................. .......................................

REPUBLIC OF KOREA ............................................... ..................
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO (ZAIRE) .............
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ................................................ .........
REPUBLIC OF CONGO ............................................... .................
ROMANIA ................................................. ..........................................
RUSSIA ................................................. ..................................................

SENEGAL ................................................. .............................................
SRI LANKA ............................................... ............................................

SYRIA

THAILAND ................................................. ........................................

TUNISIA ................................................. ................................................

URUGUAY ................................................. ............................................
VENEZUELA ................................................. ........................................
VIETNAM ................................................. .............................................
ZIMBABWE ................................................. ..........................................
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 9 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
APPENDIX 5: THE CITIES OF METROPOLITAN MONTREAL (MMR)
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 10 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
INTRODUCTION
This chapter focuses on the regular program of selection of candidates skilled permanent. It comprises five sections:
- Section 1: legal foundations Québec immigration, roles of Quebec and Canada under the Canada-Quebec Accord and definitions of the concepts used in the chapter;
- Section 2: Overview of the regular program of selection of candidates skilled workers, the list of areas of training and treatment modalities priority;
- Section 3: Grid selection of candidates skilled workers and how to assess the factors and criteria;
- Section 4: The process of selection of candidates qualified workers;
- Section 5: Process validation of employment by the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC).
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 11 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
1. QUEBEC LEGAL FOUNDATION
1.1 Legal Sitting Quebec
Immigration applications submitted to Quebec as a skilled worker are discussed in reference to the four following texts:
- Act respecting immigration to Québec (SEE GPI 5-1);
- The Regulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals (SEE GPI 5-1);
- Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals (SEE GPI 5-1);
- The Canada-Quebec Accord Relating to Immigration and Temporary Admission of Aliens (SEE GPI 5-1).
1.2 Definitions
1.2.1 Skilled Worker
The regulation defines a skilled worker as an alien who is at least 18 years coming to Quebec for a job that is likely to be able to occupy.
1.2.2 Occupation
Regulation defines employment as any activity remunerated.
1.2.3 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
This term refers to the document bearing that title and issued by the Government of Canada, as it reads when it applies.
1.2.4 Family members accompanying
Compared to a foreign national, the term means, within the meaning of Regulation, a family member who obtains a certificate of selection or acceptance to follow or accompany the Quebec national when it obtains a certificate of selection or acceptance.
1.2.5 Dependent Child
See Chapter 3 of the component 5 (SEE GPI 5-3).
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 12 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
1.2.6 Québec Resident
This term refers to the purposes of the Regulation, any Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act and Refugee Protection Act (Statutes of Canada 2001, c.27), which is domiciled in Québec.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 13 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
2. REGULAR PROGRAM SELECTION OF SKILLED WORKERS
2.1 Overview of the program
The regular program of skilled worker selection aims to select candidates whose profile meets the needs of the labor market in Quebec. Another program, the Quebec experience, is also the selection of skilled workers (SEE GPI 3-4). The regular program is also intended to contribute to the achievement levels of immigration, favoring the selection of youth, families, French and trained in the areas of training demand in Quebec. It was designed according to the principles underlying the Quebec immigration policy, taking into account operational constraints.
The current labor market is characterized by rapid transformations that require high adaptability of the workforce. Also, socio-professional characteristics of immigrant workers are critical in the process of integration into Quebec society and adapt to the labor market.
The regular program of selecting skilled workers based essentially on those socio-professional characteristics of the candidates. To this end, the factors considered for evaluation of the program are: Training, Experience, Age and Languages ​​(French and English). Other factors that could facilitate the integration and employment integration in Québec society in general are also taken into account, namely: Stay and family in Quebec, Validated employment offer and Children. In addition, if the candidates are accompanied factor Features spouse or de facto spouse who accompanies is considered (this factor allows the evaluation of training, age and knowledge of the French spouse). In all cases, candidates skilled workers must have at least a high school diploma and have the financial resources to meet their basic needs and those of their family members who accompany them, for a specified period (requires signing of the Agreement on the financial self-sufficiency).
Taking into account the needs of the labor market is through the list of training areas associated with the criterion training area factor (Training), and for short-term needs through factor Job validated. Section 2.2 of this chapter List
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 14 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
training areas attached to this criterion and used for this purpose (SEE GPI 3-1, Section 2.2).
The employability profile of candidates and training play a role in the selection grid. Applicants who do not meet the cutoff employability are automatically rejected at the stage of preliminary examination. Procedures for assessing the factors and criteria are detailed in section 3.3 of this chapter (SEE GPI 3-1, Section 3.3).
2.2 Introduction to the List of areas of training
List of areas of training accompanies the Regulation respecting the weighting applicable to the selection of foreign nationals. The list applies to all applicants assessed as part of the regular program of skilled workers. It is attached to the criterion of the training area selection grid skilled workers and indicates the number of points assigned to each training leading to a recognized diploma.
The list is intended to facilitate the selection of candidates skilled workers who have been trained or leading to occupations with good employment prospects in Quebec, to the extent that this training can meet short-term requirements of the labor market and where there are no other factors that may hinder the hiring of these candidates in their field. Thus, a score is assigned to differentiated training of the list in terms of their prospects for employment integration in Québec.
We find the list in Annex 1 of this chapter (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 1). It comprises two parts (I and II) distinguishing the areas of training, depending on whether training with a diploma or a foreign degree equivalent to Quebec or such a degree. In addition, it includes sections combining the fields according to their score criterion training area, namely:
- A section that allocates 16 points to principal applicant and spouse 4 points;
- Section B allocates 12 points to 3 points principal applicant and spouse;
- Section C which allocates 6 points 2 points principal applicant and spouse;
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 15 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
- Section D which allocates 2 points 1 point principal applicant and spouse (only programs leading to degrees or equivalent in Quebec appear in this section);
- Section E 0 point which allocates the principal applicant and spouse (only programs leading to foreign degrees appear in this section).
List of areas of training was made up of four stages:
1. identifying areas of training using the training Quebec officially recognized by the competent authorities in education in Quebec and lead directly to the labor market. These correspond to programs leading to a graduate professional school of 900 hours or more and a technical college 3 years, issued by the Ministry of Education, Leisure and Sports (MELS ) in Quebec. They also apply to programs leading to a university first cycle of 3 years or more or, if necessary, by a second cycle degree of 1.5 to 2 years, issued by Quebec universities. This step was carried out based on information obtained from MELS;
2. establishing correspondences between these formations and the professions to which they lead on the labor market in Quebec. This step was carried out based on information provided by the MELS and Emploi-Québec. Include occupations that correspond to groups NOC) 2006 Human Resources and Social Development Canada;
3. the juxtaposition of employment opportunities for professionals in training. This step was carried out from the perspective of professional Emploi-Québec over a period of 5 years. These prospects are determined by the supply of labor (the unemployed) estimated at the beginning of the period and the demand for labor planned for the end of the period (new jobs from the evolution of the economic activity and jobs from replacement). They may be "very favorable," "favorable", "acceptable", "restricted" or "very limited";
4. awarding points to training based on the employment prospects of professions which they drive on the labor market and other factors that may affect the employment integration of immigrant workers, such as possible difficulties in the recognition of in the case of regulated professions or occupations, opportunities for access to the refresher training of short duration (one year), the saturation level
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 16 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
labor market occupations, etc.. This step was carried out with the participation of Emploi-Québec.
Tags used in awarding points to areas of training are defined as follows:
- 16 points, when the employment prospects of Occupations are "favorable" or "very favorable" and that they are accessible to short-term (non-saturated labor market, training or refresher courses available, etc.). . These areas offer good prospects for professional integration;
- 12 points, when the employment prospects of Occupations are "acceptable almost positive" and that these professions are available in the short term, or that the employment prospects of Occupations are "favorable" or "very favorable" and that they are less readily available in the short term (labor market approaching saturation, etc.).. These areas offering opportunities for professional integration moderately good;
- 6 points, when the employment prospects of Occupations are "acceptable", "positive" or "very favorable" but that these professions are not easily accessible in the short term (saturated labor market, training or refresher courses easily accessible , etc.). These areas offering opportunities for professional integration moderately limited but offer opportunities to find employment in less skilled or a related field;
- 0 point (foreign degrees) or 2 points (Quebec diplomas or equivalent), when the employment prospects of Occupations are "restricted" or "very limited", or that the employment prospects of professions directly or indirectly related are "acceptable", "positive" or "very favorable" and that they are easily accessible. These areas offering opportunities for professional integration limited. General courses are also assigned this score, since not lead directly to the labor market.
The list is revised periodically by the Department of Political and immigration programs in collaboration with Emploi-Québec and the Directorate of Integration and professional business services department. Other organizations are also consulted on scores.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 17 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
List of areas of training courses is an indication that offer the best opportunities for professional integration in Quebec. However, training getting a high score on the List of areas of training does not indicate that there is, in these areas, a set of positions continuously available. Hold such training does not mean that candidates will automatically get a job on their arrival in Quebec or they will be taught to perform a job search can sometimes be quite long.
Several candidates will also be training to upgrade skills adapted to the context of the Quebec labor market. Candidates wishing to pursue a regulated profession or trade may in some cases have difficulty meeting the requirements for obtaining a license to practice their trade or profession.
It is therefore impossible to make a perfect tie between the jobs available in Quebec and the selection of candidates skilled in using only the list of areas of training.
2.3 Treatment Priority
In order to accelerate the selection and arrival in Québec of workers whose professional profile corresponds to a job application, the Department now gives priority treatment to applications from candidates skilled workers who graduated from a areas identified in the list of preferred areas of training in 2009 (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 2) under certain conditions.
This list is a subset of the list of areas of training in 2009, but it contains no score. It corresponds to the areas of training that give more points to the list of areas of training 2009 (either 12 or 16 points) and distinguishes itself as the foreign credentials of those in Quebec, or similar such diplomas.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 18 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
3. GRID SELECTION OF CANDIDATES QUALIFIED WORKERS
3.1 Overview of the selection grid
Selection grid is composed of 10 factors that can be divided into criteria and sub-criteria (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 3). These factors are:
- Training
- Experience
- Stay and family in Quebec
- Characteristics of the spouse or de facto spouse accompanying
- Validated employment offer
- Children
- Ability to self-sufficiency
- Adaptability
3.2 Notes on the general assessment of the factors
The evaluation of selection factors is performed in two stages, at the stage of preliminary examination and selection stage, for which separate passing scores are established. At the stage of preliminary examination, the score is assigned based on information contained in the Application for Selection Certificate (DCS) and the accompanying documents. This score is then reviewed at the selection stage to take account, in particular, changes in the applicant's situation.
Thresholds apply from the qualifying stage of the preliminary factors training (minimum required: high school diploma) and Financial Self-Sufficiency (Contract for financial self-completed), and that general profile of the candidate's employability (employability cutoff reached).
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 19 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
Adaptability factor can not be assessed from documents and must be a selection interview. A candidate will be selected on folder if it does not need the points allocated to this factor to satisfy the threshold crossing selection, if the documents attached to the application allow to attest to the veracity of the information provided and no additional verification is required.
Include a candidate who does not qualify in the selection grid, but for which the Minister is of the opinion that the result does not reflect its ability to successfully settle in Quebec may be selected waiver ( Articles 40 and 40.1 of RSRE), without reaching a minimum points required (SEE GPI 3-5).
The selection process and to meet the conditions of the preliminary steps and selection are presented in Section 4 of this chapter (SEE GPI 3-1, Section 4).
3.2.1 Evaluation of the spouse or de facto spouse and consideration of dependent children
When considering the application of immigration, the immigration officer chooses the selection grid that applies to the situation of the candidate or the selection grid with no spouse or the spouse. These two grids differ as to the presence, in the first grid factor Features spouse or de facto spouse who accompanies and in the thresholds of passage selection to satisfy. Note that if the spouse does not accompany the principal applicant within the meaning of Article 1.k) of RSRE, that is to say, if the spouse is not part of the applicant's immigration application, or because he does not want to settle in Quebec, either because it is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, selection grid without spouse must then be used.
In general, members of the family who do not accompany the principal applicant within the meaning of Article 1.k) of RSRE should be taken into account, nor in the evaluation factors and criteria, nor calculating the amount subject to a financial commitment in terms of capacity factor of financial autonomy. The only exceptions to this rule:
1. dependent child of a Canadian citizen principal applicant or spouse in relation to the capacity factor of financial autonomy. It must be considered in the calculation, accompanied or not;
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 20 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
2. the child a permanent resident or Canadian citizen domiciled in Québec ("resident") must be considered the criterion Family in Quebec.
The child is a Canadian citizen taken into account if it is a factor Children dependent child who is part of the immigration candidate and is domiciled abroad1. Rather, it will be considered the criterion Family in Québec if domiciled in Québec, whether dependent or not. In both cases, the child will be taken into account capacity factor of financial autonomy.
3.3 Assessment of factors relevant to the selection grid skilled workers
3.3.1 Factor 1. Training
Factor Training includes the following two criteria: Education and training area.
3.3.1.1 Criterion 1.1: Level of education
Points to the criterion level of education are assigned as follows:
No high school diploma or vocational
High school general diploma attesting to five years of full-time studies
Postsecondary diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
High school professional sanctioning 4-7 years of full-time studies
1 The concept of home is here that the Civil Code of Québec. If the child is an adult (18 +), it can have its own home in Quebec. But if it is minor, the Civil Code of Québec provides that his home will be at her guardian. Parents are guardians of their child, unless the authority has been given to another person. It is therefore possible that the minor child resides in Quebec, with a member of kinship for example, but it is still residing with his parents guardians, so outside Quebec.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 21 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
High school professional sanctioning 4-7 years of full-time education or postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 1 to 2 years of full-time studies in a field training gives 12 or 16 points criterion Domain training
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies
Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in a field training gives 12 or 16 points criterion Training Area
University degree 1st degree attesting to 1 year of full-time studies
University degree 1st degree attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
University degree 1st degree attesting to three or more years of full-time studies
University degree 2nd degree attesting to 1 year or more of full-time studies
University degree 3rd cycle
The criterion level of education is eliminatory. All candidates must skilled workers, to be selected, hold at least a diploma corresponding to a high school diploma or a general vocational diploma Quebec. Thus, those who do not get at least 2 points in this test are automatically rejected. Points are awarded to the candidate according to his degree of correspondence in the Québec education system. If the diploma is abroad, the immigration officer establishes the correspondence from the comparative table of diplomas country's center of expertise on training acquired outside Québec (CEFAHQ) of the Ministry, or if information is missing or there is no table, from an opinion of CEFAHQ. Comparative tables found in Appendix 4 of this chapter for the main countries of immigration to Québec (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 4). To be awarded points, the candidate must hold a diploma issued by the competent official authorities
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 22 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
education in the country where he got that diploma. In the case of a Québec diploma, it must be issued by the MELS (high school or college), a Québec university for training acquired in Québec or abroad, or by an educational institution college recognized by the MELS for training gained in Quebec. In addition, these diplomas must punish at least 1 year of full-time studies. If not degree, the candidate must have attained a level of education corresponding to a high school in Quebec, according to the comparative table Graduation CEFAHQ that applies to the country concerned or, where appropriate, the opinion of CEFAHQ and must have passed the work1.
In case a candidate holds several degrees, is the one who gives the most points to the criterion level of education which must be taken into account, and to promote the candidate.
Remarks:
- Any recognized diploma is eligible for assessment criterion level of education, regardless of the date of acquisition. It can be the same degree as the criterion evaluated training area, where it meets the assessment criteria of both.
- The degree corresponding to an Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS) in Quebec, which can be obtained after the DEP (it is a specialty DEP) is evaluated in the same way that DEP.
- The degree which corresponds to a general college year in Quebec is assigned 2 points with this criterion.
- The first doctoral cycle of 5 years in the areas of health (eg medicine) gets 10 points for this criterion, the equivalent of a 1st cycle university. Note that the graduate diplomas obtained after PhD and punishing said at least one year of full-time students receive 12 points.
- The candidate who does not possess a degree corresponding to a high school in Quebec, but who holds a certificate of equivalence of education fifth year of secondary education issued by the MELS, is awarded 2 points criterion level education.
1 For example, comparative tables of Algeria and Morocco agreed to a secondary 5 holds a transcript of the second year of secondary school success as well as the table of Argentina gives the holder the same level of transcript of the fourth year of secondary school success.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 23 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
Although this statement does not permit access to post-secondary programs, it displays the same value as a high school diploma on the labor market.
3.3.1.2 Criterion 1.2: Field of Training
The standard training area account for a maximum of 16 points in the selection grid skilled candidates. The evaluation of this criterion is done from the List of areas of training MICC found in Appendix 1 of this chapter (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 1).
Training leading to a foreign degree may be awarded 0, 6, 12, or 16 points and training attested by a diploma in Quebec can be assigned 2, 6, 12 or 16 points in the training area criterion, if it satisfies following conditions:
- Training is a diploma or corresponding Quebec, Quebec, a vocational diploma (DEP) in high school, for training of 900 hours (1 year) or more, a certificate of Vocational Specialization (AVS ) secondary to training of 900 hours (1 year) or more including the DEP, an attestation of college studies (AEC) from 1 to 1.5 years, a college diploma (DEC) technique 3 years, a university degree of the first cycle of three years or more, a university degree of the second cycle of one year or more or a university degree 3rd cycle. A high school diploma (DES) and a DEC General General may also help get points, if they are degrees of Quebec;
- The diploma was obtained during the 5 years preceding the filing of the DCS, or if it is older, the candidate has been an occupation related to their training for at least 1 year full-time during the 5 years preceding the filing of the DCS. To this end, the candidate must have demonstrated the legality of his work experience.
To be awarded points, the candidate must hold a diploma issued by the competent official authorities in education in the country where he got that diploma. In the case of a Québec diploma, it must be issued by the MELS (high school or college), a Québec university for training acquired in Québec or abroad, or by an educational institution college recognized by the MELS for training gained in Quebec. In addition, these degrees of Quebec must punish at least 1 year of full-time studies.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 24 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
General Remarks:
- If a candidate has 2 degrees (or more) in different areas of training and meets the evaluation is that which achieves the most points at the list of areas of training that must be taken into account.
- If the diploma was obtained more than 5 years before the filing of the DCS is to determine if the candidate has worked for at least one year directly related to his profession training attested by a diploma, that is to say an occupation for which there is a close correspondence according to National Occupational Classification (NOC). For example, if a candidate has a degree in biochemistry there are more than five years but practicing chemist, points will be awarded him as the bachelor in biochemistry is related to the profession of chemist (CNP 2112 ). IMT website online Emploi-Québec provides occupational information (eg, nature of work, main functions, conditions of access) and the correspondence between training and occupation by the NOC. Infoway website FPT MELS also provides connections between secondary vocational and college training and technical occupations according to the NOC.
- The rule in the preceding paragraph for the degree more than five years with two exceptions:
- If the applicant has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09 under the NOC), or whether it was research professor and research assistant at the university as a training field, and that shows that he performed duties directly related to their field of training, he points criterion can be granted;
- If the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in connection with the field of training, this occupation may allow the scoring criterion Training Area. For example, a computer technician who has been a practicing analyst computer consultant (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.
- The exercise of a profession under-qualified in relation to the field of training can allow scoring criterion Training Area.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 25 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
- A degree used to assign scores to the criterion level of education can also be used to assign the score criterion training area where this is most advantageous for the candidate and that the degree meets the evaluation.
- The nature of the diploma is established from the date of final transcript indicating that the curriculum is successfully completed or, if applicable, from the date of issue of the certificate provided that the year is the same as when the program ended.
- A university degree graduate than indicated in the List of areas of training is evaluated in the same manner as if the same level of cycle. For example, a Master of Business Administration in Quebec must be evaluated under the list as a Bachelor of Business Administration.
- The foreign diploma that corresponds, in Quebec, a university first degree attesting to 1 year of full-time studies can not be assessed under the criterion training area, as it compares to a postsecondary general (with concentration) (SEE GPI 3-1, Section 3.3.1.1). It is the same for the degree corresponding to a first cycle university diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time study, unless it is a foreign degree that is similar to a technical diploma 3 years ( see Notes on the evaluation of foreign credentials).
- The general courses are limits access to higher education (eg all known theoretical or general baccalaureate in France, North Africa, Lebanon, Romania or elsewhere bachelor called several techniques that do not correspond to vocational training as well as diplomas senior technicians). They can also prepare specialized training (eg university diploma General [DEUG] French, University Certificate Graduate [CUES] and University Certificate of Literary Studies [CUEL] Moroccan first cycle). Also, do not confuse a degree indicating a concentration or orientation with an honors degree. More general courses listed above may include guidance (eg mathematics, economics, letters) but they can not be classified as "specialty." For example, in Quebec, the December General 2 years always indicates a concentration (eg administration, sciences, health sciences), but it is not a technical specialty such as DEC 3 years.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 26 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
- The Bachelor composed of a major and a minor are acceptable for evaluation criterion Training Area. In this case, it is most determines the field of training. In total, two-thirds of the courses must be related to the specialization.
- The areas of training related, but different levels of education (eg civil engineering at university and civil engineering technology at the college level), does not usually lead to the same professions and may have a score differentiated the list of areas training. Indeed, these professions do not necessarily offer the same possibilities of insertion in the labor market. Similarly, tasks and conditions of access to their own may differ.
- If the applicant is awarded points criterion training area, that does not mean he will not have to take refresher courses or pass a course or examination once arrived in Quebec. In addition, it does not guarantee in the case where the training leads to a profession or occupation regulated the candidate to succeed him meet regulatory requirements to obtain a license to practice.
- Only the first cycle of university degrees for 3 years or more (or graduate) whose translation language transfer courses include English or French (eg French and English, French, Spanish, English and Mandarin) get points in the field of translation training to the List of areas of training.
- The degree corresponding to an ASP Quebec is evaluated as well as the DEP prerequisite.
- The immigration officer must record, in the computer system of the Department:
- Computer code associated with the field of training, as indicated in Annex 6 of Chapter 5-10 (SEE GPI 5-10 APPENDIX 6). If the candidate has a degree that former could not be updated by a related experience or do not meet the requirements of evaluation criterion training area, or that he has a general education or training unrelated to training in Quebec, the immigration officer must record the appropriate code as indicated in Annex 6 of GPI 5-10 (SEE GPI 5-10, Appendix 6). In these cases, it will appear in the system of the Ministry that the candidate has no training, he
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 27 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
a general education or that it is inconsistent with training in Québec;
- The code of the profession (4-digit NOC) related to the field of training of the candidate. If there are several related occupations in the same field of study, the immigration officer shall record the main NOC code if the candidate has no experience or has acquired experience that is not related to his field, or whatever best fits the candidate's professional experience, when it has acquired experience in a profession related to his field. If the candidate is rated in the previous step, a code from Annex 6 of GPI 5-10 (SEE GPI 5-10, Appendix 6), the immigration officer must record the NOC code according to the rule specified in factor Experiment (SEE SECTION 3.3.2).
Notes on the evaluation of foreign diplomas:
- In cases where the applicant holds a foreign degree, the immigration officer refers to scores of Part I of the List of areas of training 2009 (column "Foreign diplomas").
- To be awarded points in the training area criterion, the candidate must hold a "terminal" leading directly to the exercise of a profession.
- Training a diploma corresponding, according to comparative tables CEFAHQ, a university degree of the first cycle of 2 years can be assess the criterion training area if the length and content are similar to training 3-year technical college in Quebec. Otherwise, the certificate is not admissible for the purpose of evaluation criteria.
- To determine the area of ​​training related to foreign education, you must:
- Establish the correspondence of the foreign qualification in the Québec education system, from the comparative table of diplomas CEFAHQ the country (SEE GPI 3-1, Appendix 4) or, where appropriate, from the view of one it to determine if it is secondary vocational training, technical college or university within the meaning of the List of areas of training. If the degree is in Quebec, a DEP in an ASP or an AEC from 1 to 1.5 years, look for training related training among high school
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 28 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
professional listed on the List of areas of training. If the certificate is December 1st 3-year technical diploma or a university of the first 2-year cycle, when the training meets the prerequisites as defined in the previous remark, we must search among related training courses technical college 3 years listed on the list. If the qualification is a university degree of the first cycle of 3 years or more, the second cycle of one year or more or third cycle, look for related training among university-level courses in the first cycle of 3 older or graduate enrolled in the list. In this case, you must ensure that the foreign education is at least equal to the duration of the training listed on the list (eg 4-year bachelor's, master);
- Compare the transcript of the candidate list during the formation Quebec (this list is available from the online websites IMT Emploi-Québec or FPT Infoway MELS for training or school and college, if applicable at MICC).
- If the candidate's training leads to an occupation or profession regulated in Quebec, it is not necessary for the evaluation of the related field of training, to provide evidence that the equivalence of a diploma or training was recognized him or he holds a license to practice his profession or trade.
- When a foreign degree is an academic first cycle of 3 years or more or a technical college 3 years in Quebec, there is no training related Quebec depending on the level of education corresponding to diploma and there is such a training lower levels of education, that diploma can be assessed at this level for the test. In this case, the immigration officer will assign the code and score accordingly. Otherwise, it will indicate that the diploma is irreconcilable with training in Quebec. For example, a bachelor's degree in tourism obtained abroad can be evaluated as December in tourism. Indeed, under the list, it is a technical training in Quebec, because it leads to professional level of technical competence or intermediary within the meaning of the NOC. Thus, before establishing a foreign training is irreconcilable with training in Quebec, it must be ensured that there is no training related to lower levels of education, and only for the purpose of evaluating this criterion.
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 29 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
Notes on the evaluation of credentials of Quebec:
- In cases where the applicant holds a "Québec diploma" or "degree considered a Québec diploma," the immigration officer refers to scores of Part II of the List of areas of training 2009 (ie column "Education of Quebec").
- The "Québec diploma" is defined as one or more of the following diplomas, attesting to at least one year of full-time studies:
- A diploma issued by the Ministry of Education, Leisure and Sports (MELS), high school or college or a university in Quebec. Training can be followed in Québec or abroad;
- A certificate issued by a college college-level institution recognized by the MELS. The training shall be followed in Quebec.
- The "degree considered a Québec diploma" is defined as either degrees or training as follows:
- The Canadian degree, if issued by the Minister responsible for education or a university in a province or territory of Canada. Training may have been followed in Canada or abroad;
- The diploma or training acquired outside Québec recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body of a profession, a trade or professional qualification, unless it is a degree leading to the exercise of the medical profession under the code 3111 or 3112 of the NOC;
- The diploma or training acquired outside Québec, on a profession, a trade or professional qualifications regulated in Quebec, if the applicant holds a license to practice the profession, this profession or that professional qualification issued by a regulatory agency. This includes restrictive permit the exercise of the medical profession;
- The qualifications acquired outside Québec under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA), agreed under an agreement of mutual recognition of professional qualifications or agreement with another government for the exercise of profession governed by a professional order in Quebec. The candidate
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 30 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
must have the legal capacity to practice required by the arrangement and it must have been implemented. It should be noted that the only country with which such an agreement is concluded is now France.
- The qualifications acquired outside Québec under an ARM, agreed under an agreement of mutual recognition of professional qualifications or agreement with another government for the exercise of a profession or qualification professional regulated in Quebec, if Québec regulatory body certifies that the candidate meets the training requirements and, where appropriate, professional experience required by this arrangement.
- Points are awarded for a Québec diploma or a degree considered a Québec diploma regardless of the language of instruction.
- A candidate who holds a Québec diploma certifying successful completion of a program of distance education provided by TELUQ (the Open University, UQAM) or Cégep @ distance (part of the network of CEGEPs in Quebec ) can be recognized as a Québec diploma provided that sanctions at least 1 year of full-time studies.
- The certificates college authorized by the MELS are listed in the MELS Web site at the following address: www.meq.gouv.qc.ca/ministere/organisme/.
- Canadian institutions who received their provincial or territorial government the right to confer academic titles are listed in the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials at the following address: www.cicdi.ca/349/ -directory-colleges-universities-and schools-of-canada.canada.
- Professional associations are authorized by regulation to recognize equivalency diploma or training equivalence. The points corresponding to a Québec diploma are awarded for obtaining any diploma recognition of equivalence of the regulatory body, and, regardless of whether a degree leading to the practice of a profession to exercise exclusive or reserved title.
- For the points corresponding to a Québec diploma to be awarded, the candidate must be able to provide an official document (letter, certificate, permit or authorization to practice) issued by the regulatory body ensuring that it has obtained recognition
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 31 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
equivalency diploma or training or authorization to practice the profession or qualification referred. For example, the junior engineer's permit allows obtaining points in Québec diploma. By cons, documents preliminary assessment of eligibility, such as evaluation unofficial university education issued by the Order of Engineers of Quebec, can not grant points for a Québec diploma, as it is not a certificate of diploma equivalence or training.
- The foreign diploma of doctor can be likened to a Québec diploma if the applicant has obtained a recognition of equivalence of diplomas of the College of Physicians of Québec (CMQ). This exception is based on the fact that in order to practice his profession, a candidate with a recognition of diploma equivalence CMQ will succeed postgraduate training so that access to training is very limited. However, the points corresponding to a Québec diploma may be granted if the applicant holds a license issued by the CMQ, or is eligible for MRA.
- If a candidate has obtained from a Quebec university, recognition of equivalence of a diploma to continue his studies, it can be likened to a Québec diploma and can not permit the award points to the candidate.
- Notice of eligibility for MELS teaching profession can obtain points relating to teacher education with a diploma of Quebec, because it is an official document certifying that the applicant may obtain a teaching license.
- An applicant who holds a license to practice restrictive order issued by a professional can earn points allocated for a Québec diploma.
- The diploma (or academic title) of a candidate acquired outside Québec and on a profession governed by a professional order in Québec, may be likened to a Québec diploma if the candidate is eligible for MRA. To this end, the immigration officer must make a preliminary assessment of the candidate's eligibility based on the following eligibility requirements: as a training and exercise legal capacity required under the MRA. Countervailing Measures (courses, examinations, refresher training or gaining experience) required under the MRA and to be successful in Quebec are not included in this assessment
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 32 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
preliminary. The preliminary assessment of the immigration officer does not engage the professional order concerned, which is the only body authorized to decide on the eligibility of an applicant for ARM.
- The diploma (or academic title) of a candidate acquired outside Québec and on a trade or professional qualifications regulated in Quebec (construction trades regulated by the Commission de la construction du Québec and professional qualifications administered by Emploi-Québec, trades regulated by the joint committees of the automotive services industry, the functions of the insurance sector and securities regulated by the Financial Markets Authority), can be likened to a Québec diploma, if candidate is eligible for MRA. To this end, the candidate must be able to provide an official document (letter or certificate) issued by the regulatory body to ensure that it is permissible to ARM.
- The texts are available in the ARM section France-Québec Agreement on mutual recognition of professional qualifications of the home page of Immigration-Québec website (see link: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc. ca / en / biq / paris / agreement-France-quebec / index.html).
3.3.2 Factor 2. Experience
Experience factor includes a single criterion for the duration of the experience gained by the candidate in Quebec and abroad.
3.3.2.1 Criterion 2.1: Duration of professional experience skilled worker
Points to the criterion of length of professional experience skilled worker are awarded as follows:
Less than 6 months
6 months to 11 months
12 months to 23 months
24 months to 35 months
36 months to 47 months
48 months or more
GUIDE TO IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES Component 3: Recruitment and selection of candidates for economic immigration GPI 3-1 Chapter 1: Page 33 permanent skilled Updated October 2012
Work experience considered for the evaluation of the criterion time experience must have been gained in a professional level of competence than D, as defined in the NOC. In addition, they must have been acquired legally in the country and authenticity must be proved.
Points are also awarded for the following experiments:
- Those acquired full-time or part-time paid employment, and during the five years preceding the filing of the DCS;
- Work placements undertaken full-time or part-time during the learning, training or specialization in the training leading to a diploma, whether paid or not, During the five years preceding the filing of the DCS.
The assessment criterion Experience takes place on the basis of the documentary evidence submitted by the applicant, or certificates of employment, employment contracts comply and other evidence relating to the authenticity and legality of professional experience. In the case of a course of work done in the studies, the applicant shall provide a training agreement and a statement of work or, failing that, it should be specifically mentioned in the transcript that the course has been completed . The assessment of the criterion should be, first, calculating that represent "full-time equivalents" all work experience.
Given that, according to the Statistics Canada definition, any job (or single use) exercised on a basis of 30 hours or more per week is considered a full-time professional experience, this is the time in months all these experiences to

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
@richierich5618,

Congrat on ur safe landing. Lovely experience in fact dey jealous .pls start to get use to d oyinbo food ooo.

Zajeb

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
@richierich5618,

Congrat on ur safe landing. Lovely experience in fact dey jealous .pls start to get use to d oyinbo food ooo.

Zajeb

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Congrats Richie on your safe landing!Wishing you the best ahead!!

Steeve

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats richierich5618 on ur safe landing. Hope you settle in as fast as possible. Regards !

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Congrats Richie on ur successfull landing. Wishing u and ur family all the best canada has to offer

Merry Xmas

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
richierich5618 said:
Dear All,

We arrived safely in Winnipeg-Manitoba on the 21st of Dec. We left Nigeria on the 20th around 11:35pm. There was no delay.
Infact our luggages was a bit over weigh, all they told us is we should just put them in. The custom officer wey dey do shakara sef say i go pay for the fish and stock fish wey i bring in forgot about me eventually.

We got to Amsterdam around 5:30am their local time, same time with Nigerian time, We waited for over 7hrs at the schipol Airport, The best Airport I have seen through out our journey.
Here is a tip of what i notice- If you would like to explore, like buying food or stuffs like that, is better you have their currencu Euro although they accept Dollar but you will feel cheated so its better to go with at least 20euro or maybe 40euro depending on your family.
My wife and I spent like $30 in schipol Airport. (Am a big eater- I love food, I want to taste everything ! lol)

Here comes another favor for us- As we are boarding KLM to Toronto, we were told we have been upgraded to the business class- No first class in the KLM Aircraft. My wife and I were suprised, we begin dey looku looku ourself say wetin happen, why us- My wife said maybe because they noticed she was pregnant cos she was carrying her spit bottle all through in the aircraft from Lagos to Amsterdam.

We have never flown a Business class- Apart from say nah we go first enter the aircraft, as we dey enter like this dey sit down, na champagne or fresh juice dem use meet us..I come begin dey proud, dey feel say nah me pay for the ticket.
As we sit down like this wey plane fly we were served an appetiser- Smoked Salmon with hollandaise mousse, capers and shallots,served with cucumber sou[ and sour dough bread. As dem put all this food for our face, I dont know which to eat first, so i just dey look jeje unto one oyinbo woman wey dey the other seat. as she begin chop like this nah him i start, I almost threw up, my wife look me with one eye say if i throw up penren am in trouble. I told her I cant eat all this that cant i ask of eba and efo riro or fufu. She said i must force my self eating it so we wont look local. I sha chop the bread but the fish no go area for me! Nah my wife chop everything patapata.
Then here comes the main course- My wife had winter casserole with Volwaard chicken accompanied by new potatoes, pearl onions,cabbage chestnust, brussels sprouts and mushrooms, I had Vension stew braised venison with mashed red skin potatoes and olives,roasted beefs with blue berries and brussels sprout- omo nah die for me.. I no fit chop am. Na so so fresh orange juice i drink. Then dessert- we are to chose jasmine rice with mango, dark chocolate and praline dessert, a cheese plate with spice beemster lite and st Aubin cheese and seasonal fruit.
Also shortly before arrival we had appetiser- Vitello tonnato veal with tuna sauce, asparagus, pine nuts and roasted bell peppers. then later we had hot snack, croquette roll dutch snack of deep fried beef ragout in brea roll, cheese and red onion chutney pie. Then comes dessert- Dutch waffle mouse with caramel sauce.

You can ask for as much drink as you like.. Nah real enjoyment gallore for my wife but unfortunately for me, I cant just handle it. Infact I almost cried cos I was like I wanted to travel to Obodo oyinbo, Now I got it, I cant eat their food,lol.

Then we landed safely at toronoto airport, we got to the first immigration, we declared how much you have, they wont ask you to show them or count it- So you can lie! Am not advising oo, but just suggesting.

Do not bring in roots like yam and potatoes. We were told that because we are first timers if not we will be fined $800 dollars. But even wooden materials like frames. Though we didnt declare our frames so we got them in. I notice that it is what you declare they will check.. You can decide to show them a bag where you think foodstuffs that are acceptable and put the other things in the other bag. Just my own experience oo, cos we had some other stuffs if we show them, they will hold them.

Then we waited for another 6hrsin toronto to get Westjet to Winnipeg. The plane was delayed for over 3hrs so no be only naija plane fit be delayed, cos me yab Arik tire for niger when den delay me to go to Ghana.
Toronto to Winnipeg is about 3hrs journey. I was so tired that I couldnt eat. We eventually go to Winnopeg arount 1am their local time.

Apart from the northern area, winnipeg appears to be the coldest region in Canada, so if you are coming to winnipeg i wish you goodluck, you na go hear wen with cold. Infact you fit almost regret say why you live your country, but dont mind me, you will be fine.. Canada is a land of opportunity so i heard if you are smart and hardworking- there is no 2 way about that.

I will be talking to you guys later and needing help from my landed seniors inorder to fit into this system perfectly.

Please Nigerians in Winnipeg, PM ME PLS, CAN I MEET YOU GUYS AND ASK FOR ADVICE IN PERSON?

Congrat on your safe landing in Winnipeg. as Loolo mentioned you can PM Ladapo or Ind_dan both are Winnipeg landed senior.

Expecting other gist from you and see you in year 2013.

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
motown said:
My fellow country men......... From the trend of issuance of visas from Accra, I am expecting to be notified by August 2013.I applied in August 2011. It seems to me Accra takes two years to process FSW visas.

I want some clarification to an issue of mine and I was wondering if anybody could help align my thoughts in the right direction so I can take the necessary actions now:

I am currently a student in the US and I am expected to finish in 2016-17 :( Assuming I am issued with the FSW visa next year, how do I maintain my FSW visa until I am done with school? Is there a way out? Do I have to email the Accra Consulate about my current situation? what is the smartest way out???

Any thoughts on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Merry Christmas to you all and may the new seasons bring new tiding.
@Motown, Let us assume you apply in 2013(May) and the CIC keeps to the promise of getting visa within 1yr. U may get visa in April 2014 and have a permanent resident status for 5yrs after landing.This takes u to 2019. For you to maintain ur PR status, u only need 2yrs in Canada out of 5yrs. See the quote below from Service Canada website "In order to maintain their status, permanent residents must meet the residency requirement of living in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period." I think u can get that 2yrs including spending your holidays in Canada.The only thing is that u must land in Canada before ur visa expires.If u want issuance of ur visa to delay, u may tactically delay ur response to any request from the visa office till almost the end of time allowed.This can give u extra 4-6months.This is my personal view based on small information I have on Canadian Immigration, it will be good if u allow the wise men in the forum to counsel u more. Good luck.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
richierich5618 said:
Dear All,

richierich5618, congratulations and thank God for your safe landing with your family. That makes the two of us when it comes to oyinbo food but don't worry, we shall survive.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
Congratulation on your successful landing, hope to see you in couple of months.
Am also landing in winnipeg, manitoba.
But this your journey naa sharp sharp oooo, as per u want the new baby to carry canadian pee, i feel you boss ;D ;D ;D