+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Merry Chrismas. YomexTEV how old are your kids. Is fee for extra luggage part of the 5,030. Were did you purchase your ticket. Through agent or online.
Landed immigrants what is your experience about online booking. Onlinebooking looks comfortable and cheaper. Is wakanow and vayama safe for online booking. I have a family of 4 and I am planning to go in April. One infant, one child.

As per my previous questions. Is it easy to get a US tourist/visiting visa from canada before getting PR card i.e during the 2month wating period. The waiting period is it exactly 2month, do people get it early. Or can it be later even if there is no problem. Thank you.

YomexTEV

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
i went to a local store at Rome airport and bought water and chocolate for my kids. we then proceeded to our terminal to connect our flight to Toronto which was scheduled for 10.45am. @ 9.55am, they started checking and we boarded our flight. they do give preference to family, so we were treated well. we took off from Rome at exactly 10.45am and arrive Toronto @ around 2.20pm Canada time. my kids were quite excited and happy through out the trip. i have never seen them so happy that way.

YomexTEV

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
@ point of entry, we were first checked by their police and proceeded to immigration. our Visa was check and confirmed then we proceededt to an office were our COPR form was filled by a lady officer and then she requested that i sign for self and my kids. my wife signd herfelf. she asked how much fund i had, i told her and she recorded it. she did not request to see it physically. she immediately gave me a copy of the COPR then welcomed us to Canada.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Merry Chrismas. YomexTEV how old are your kids. Is fee for extra luggage part of the 5,030. Were did you purchase your ticket. Through agent or online. Landed immigrants what is your experience about online booking. Onlinebooking looks comfortable and cheaper. Is wakanow and vayama safe for online booking. I have a family of 4 and I am planning to go in April. One infant, one child.As per my previous questions. Is it easy to get a US tourist/visiting visa from canada before getting PR card i.e during the 2month wating period. The waiting period is it exactly 2month, do people get it early. Or can it be later even if there is no problem. Thank you.

YomexTEV

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
we then proceeded to a desk where information is giving to new immigrant on how to settle down and integrate to their system. mgazines, tracks and various forms containing informations were giving to us. then we proceeded to get our luggage. total time spent at point of entry to luggage collection is less than 12mins. finally we collected our luggage, paid $20 to convey luggage out of airport , my sister came and met with us and off we left the airport. weather is Cold(winter started)

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Congrta YomxteV on your successful landing!Wishing you the best canada can offer.Plz try and give an answer/reply as to how you got your tickets cos it will be of great help to those of us who are yet to book theirs!
Cheers!!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
YomexTEV said:
we then proceeded to a desk where information is giving to new immigrant on how to settle down and integrate to their system. mgazines, tracks and various forms containing informations were giving to us. then we proceeded to get our luggage. total time spent at point of entry to luggage collection is less than 12mins. finally we collected our luggage, paid $20 to convey luggage out of airport , my sister came and met with us and off we left the airport. weather is Cold(winter started)
Congratulations on your successfully landing - wishing you the best as you settle down in Canada.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
richierich5618 said:
Dear All,

We arrived safely in Winnipeg-Manitoba on the 21st of Dec. We left Nigeria on the 20th around 11:35pm. There was no delay.
No Issues with the immigration as all we had was God favour all through.
Infact our luggages was a bit over weigh, all they told us is we should just put them in. The custom officer wey dey do shakara sef say i go pay for the fish and stock fish wey i bring in forgot about me eventually.

Please Nigerians in Winnipeg, PM ME PLS, CAN I MEET YOU GUYS AND ASK FOR ADVICE IN PERSON?

Please dont mind my typo.

Thanks and God bless us all.
Congratulations on your safe landing, YomexTEV. I guess one of our seniors has sent you a PM - helpful to follow-up on same. Wishing you the best in your stay in Canada - some of us are are looking forward to a similar day as yours - safe and pleasant trip + business class seats (although I enjoy this always in all my trips abroad courtesy of my company's funding and support)

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Merry CHRISTmas everyone - To God be the glory, we are all alive to see this day.

Wishing you and yours the best for the season, IJNA.

Cheers, everyone!!!.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
TJ2010 said:
Goodevening. I want to ask a question about getting US visiting visa after landing but before getting PR card. Is it possible to get tourist visa before PR card is out after landing. How easy will it be to get tourist visa to US from Nigeria if one comes back after landing. Thank you. Landed seniors assist.
Hi TJ2010: What I would suggest is that you should apply for your US visa from Naija and with the Canadian PR visa you are sure of being issued a visa. Canadian PR gets 10 years US visa.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Merry christmas and happy new year in advance.

May the joy that was brought by the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ make this season and the coming year a fruitful one for you and your family.

I pray the year 2013 will be the year for us all to remember for good most especially with respect to our Canadian immigration desire/aspiration

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Congrats Richierich and Yomextv on your successful landing.May canada be a land of milk and honey to you and yours!

Yomextv you fast no be small oh!chei :D

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
How many years do they give for uk?also you knw the visa fees vary per duration to stay.If I apply for 2yrs can they increase to 5yrs based on canada pr?I have a function to attend in uk after landing and am thinking of renewing.pls forum members ure advice!Merry xmas all excuse my manners .
Emperor said:
Hi TJ2010: What I would suggest is that you should apply for your US visa from Naija and with the Canadian PR visa you are sure of being issued a visa. Canadian PR gets 10 years US visa.

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
Merry Christmas to you, your family and loved ones. May the joy of the Lord and the reason for the season be yours now and always.

Richierich and YomexTEV congrats on your landing

Eldorado

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th January 2012
Nomination.....
30th March 2012
File Transfer...
18th July 2012
Med's Request
25 Sept 2012
Med's Done....
28 Sept 2012
Passport Req..
06 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 Dec 2012
richierich5618 said:
Dear All,

We arrived safely in Winnipeg-Manitoba on the 21st of Dec. We left Nigeria on the 20th around 11:35pm. There was no delay.
No Issues with the immigration as all we had was God favour all through.
Infact our luggages was a bit over weigh, all they told us is we should just put them in. The custom officer wey dey do shakara sef say i go pay for the fish and stock fish wey i bring in forgot about me eventually.

We got to Amsterdam around 5:30am their local time, same time with Nigerian time, We waited for over 7hrs at the schipol Airport, The best Airport I have seen through out our journey.
Here is a tip of what i notice- If you would like to explore, like buying food or stuffs like that, is better you have their currencu Euro although they accept Dollar but you will feel cheated so its better to go with at least 20euro or maybe 40euro depending on your family.
My wife and I spent like $30 in schipol Airport. (Am a big eater- I love food, I want to taste everything ! lol)

Here comes another favor for us- As we are boarding KLM to Toronto, we were told we have been upgraded to the business class- No first class in the KLM Aircraft. My wife and I were suprised, we begin dey looku looku ourself say wetin happen, why us- My wife said maybe because they noticed she was pregnant cos she was carrying her spit bottle all through in the aircraft from Lagos to Amsterdam.

We have never flown a Business class- Apart from say nah we go first enter the aircraft, as we dey enter like this dey sit down, na champagne or fresh juice dem use meet us..I come begin dey proud, dey feel say nah me pay for the ticket.
As we sit down like this wey plane fly we were served an appetiser- Smoked Salmon with hollandaise mousse, capers and shallots,served with cucumber sou[ and sour dough bread. As dem put all this food for our face, I dont know which to eat first, so i just dey look jeje unto one oyinbo woman wey dey the other seat. as she begin chop like this nah him i start, I almost threw up, my wife look me with one eye say if i throw up penren am in trouble. I told her I cant eat all this that cant i ask of eba and efo riro or fufu. She said i must force my self eating it so we wont look local. I sha chop the bread but the fish no go area for me! Nah my wife chop everything patapata.
Then here comes the main course- My wife had winter casserole with Volwaard chicken accompanied by new potatoes, pearl onions,cabbage chestnust, brussels sprouts and mushrooms, I had Vension stew braised venison with mashed red skin potatoes and olives,roasted beefs with blue berries and brussels sprout- omo nah die for me.. I no fit chop am. Na so so fresh orange juice i drink. Then dessert- we are to chose jasmine rice with mango, dark chocolate and praline dessert, a cheese plate with spice beemster lite and st Aubin cheese and seasonal fruit.
Also shortly before arrival we had appetiser- Vitello tonnato veal with tuna sauce, asparagus, pine nuts and roasted bell peppers. then later we had hot snack, croquette roll dutch snack of deep fried beef ragout in brea roll, cheese and red onion chutney pie. Then comes dessert- Dutch waffle mouse with caramel sauce.

You can ask for as much drink as you like.. Nah real enjoyment gallore for my wife but unfortunately for me, I cant just handle it. Infact I almost cried cos I was like I wanted to travel to Obodo oyinbo, Now I got it, I cant eat their food,lol.

Then we landed safely at toronoto airport, we got to the first immigration, we declared how much you have, they wont ask you to show them or count it- So you can lie! Am not advising oo, but just suggesting.

Do not bring in roots like yam and potatoes. We were told that because we are first timers if not we will be fined $800 dollars. But even wooden materials like frames. Though we didnt declare our frames so we got them in. I notice that it is what you declare they will check.. You can decide to show them a bag where you think foodstuffs that are acceptable and put the other things in the other bag. Just my own experience oo, cos we had some other stuffs if we show them, they will hold them.

Then we waited for another 6hrsin toronto to get Westjet to Winnipeg. The plane was delayed for over 3hrs so no be only naija plane fit be delayed, cos me yab Arik tire for niger when den delay me to go to Ghana.
Toronto to Winnipeg is about 3hrs journey. I was so tired that I couldnt eat. We eventually go to Winnopeg arount 1am their local time.

Apart from the northern area, winnipeg appears to be the coldest region in Canada, so if you are coming to winnipeg i wish you goodluck, you na go hear wen with cold. Infact you fit almost regret say why you live your country, but dont mind me, you will be fine.. Canada is a land of opportunity so i heard if you are smart and hardworking- there is no 2 way about that.

I will be talking to you guys later and needing help from my landed seniors inorder to fit into this system perfectly.

Please Nigerians in Winnipeg, PM ME PLS, CAN I MEET YOU GUYS AND ASK FOR ADVICE IN PERSON?

Please dont mind my typo.

Thanks and God bless us all.

Congrats richierich. As you found Favour on ur way so shall u find Favour in Canada! Merry Christmas