+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
I am pleased to inform all that I got very useful info as regards DL enquiry posted earlier.Big ups for all that gave those advices and those willing to but culdnt due to circumstances beyond their 'controlability'.God bless us all,lets enjoy our weekend and have a great week full of sucesses ahead.Cheers.
Razaqng

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
Good Afternoon You All,

I am pleased to annouce that we picked up our Immigrant Visa from The Canadian Embassy In Ghana on Thursday.

Here goes my own story:

1)We booked Arik Airline on the 11th of December paid almost 120k for my wife and myself to Ghana. Our flight is suppose to take off by 6pm but we eventually left for Ghana 9pm. I regreted going by Arik cos I was in pains when I was going, I removed my tooth, I have headache and Malaria, So I was uncomfortable althrough.

2)To make it worse, Arik almost denied my wife of flying- they said she's heavy, therefore she need a health certificate to fly. For pregnant woman, no cause for alarm, cos all we just did is to go downstairs of the Airport and get a health bill for 1200naira.
But I learnt that if she is 32weeks old she would be denied of flying.

3) We finally took off around past 9pm and got to Ghana 35mins after. They served us a cup of juice and cake. I couldnt eat it cos of my tooth, my wife chop everything patapata lol.

4) We got to Ghana filled the immigration for at the Airport, they asked for the yellow card, which we got for 500naira at the MMI Airport in Lagos.

5) You dont need to wake up very early getting to Canadian Embassy to pick up your visa. We got there around 9am submitted out Passport and I was told to come back later ( I wasnt giving anytime although they told others who came very early to come back by 3pm ) At first I was worried , But eventually we were giving the Visa the same time, as a matter of fact I was the 2nd person they gave Visa.

6) Before they called us for our Passport, My wife said she was very hungry, So we went to Osu around 1pm , we had to go cos I was also tired of sitting down, Infact, I slept flat at the waiting room , am my wife came to tell me that there is a camera there, that I have to be well behaved and what if the consular is watching us, but me no just mind am ooo, I just sleep falala as me no even dey feel fine.
The joint is at osu, mama oluchi restaurant, close to Zion, we ate pounded yam, those black fish, saki and beef for 15cedis, the thing sweet die.

7) Now there is this story I wanted to share when we had our medicals, after doing the HIV Test and proceeding to where we did our x-ray, There is this guy who asked me for bribe there, saying I may be subjected to further test because I have cough. He asked of 55k. I told him he should hold on so i ask my wife, I lied to him that I just lost my job that only my wife had the money with her. He persuaded me not to let my wife know, I had to let my wife know and she said we should report her to the authority in there. But i told her we should just let the sleeping dog lie, eventually we gave him 3k. I know he didnt do anything, but just to let alakoba waka comot for my front.

Am sorry I have to write all this in an Improper words. Please forgive me for this, If i dont share this then It wont just be fair if i dont give back to this group.

Now here is my questions:

1) will my Black berry work in Canada?
2) Where can I book for tickets. I check wakanow.com, put in winnipeg as arrival but wont show me any information. Can someone help me on how to do there, cos we planning landing Canada before sunday.

On the issue of drivers licence, I had mine successfully, It is better to patronise tout that the licence officials to get things done faster. Thats just the bitter truth from experience, cos mine took me just 2days to get done!

Thanks you all and God bless us.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
Abeg somebody come to ma rescue oo. I dey see close to 900k for me and my wife for ticket KLM. Wetin happen nah, wetin we wan buy, lol?

Can somebody please help me with the IOM office for booking or any cheaper airline?

A quick response will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
richierich5618 said:
Good Afternoon You All,

I am pleased to annouce that we picked up our Immigrant Visa from The Canadian Embassy In Ghana on Thursday.

Here goes my own story:

1)We booked Arik Airline on the 11th of December paid almost 120k for my wife and myself to Ghana. Our flight is suppose to take off by 6pm but we eventually left for Ghana 9pm. I regreted going by Arik cos I was in pains when I was going, I removed my tooth, I have headache and Malaria, So I was uncomfortable althrough.

2)To make it worse, Arik almost denied my wife of flying- they said she's heavy, therefore she need a health certificate to fly. For pregnant woman, no cause for alarm, cos all we just did is to go downstairs of the Airport and get a health bill for 1200naira.

3) We finally took off around past 9pm and got to Ghana 35mins after. They served us a cup of juice and cake. I couldnt eat it cos of my tooth, my wife chop everything patapata lol.

4) We got to Ghana filled the immigration for at the Airport, they asked for the yellow card, which we got for 500naira at the MMI Airport in Lagos.

5) You dont need to wake up very early getting to Canadian Embassy to pick up your visa. We got there around 9am submitted out Passport and I was told to come back later ( I wasnt giving anytime although they told others who came very early to come back by 3pm ) At first I was worried , But eventually we were giving the Visa the same time, as a matter of fact I was the 2nd person they gave Visa.

6) Before they called us for our Passport, My wife said she was very hungry, So we went to Osu around 1pm , we had to go cos I was also tired of sitting down, Infact, I slept flat at the waiting room , am my wife came to tell me that there is a camera there, that I have to be well behaved and what if the consular is watching us, but me no just mind am ooo, I just sleep falala as me no even dey feel fine.
The joint is at osu, mama oluchi restaurant, close to Zion, we ate pounded yam, those black fish, saki and beef for 15cedis, the thing sweet die.

7) Now there is this story I wanted to share when we had our medicals, after doing the HIV Test and proceeding to where we did our x-ray, There is this guy who asked me for bribe there, saying I may be subjected to further test because I have cough. He asked of 55k. I told him he should hold on so i ask my wife, I lied to him that I just lost my job that only my wife had the money with her. He persuaded me not to let my wife know, I had to let my wife know and she said we should report her to the authority in there. But i told her we should just let the sleeping dog lie, eventually we gave him 3k. I know he didnt do anything, but just to let alakoba waka comot for my front.

Am sorry I have to write all this in an Improper words. Please forgive me for this, If i dont share this then It wont just be fair if i dont give back to this group.

2) Where can I book for tickets. I check wakanow.com, put in winnipeg as arrival but wont show me any information. Can someone help me on how to do there, cos we planning landing Canada before sunday.

On the issue of drivers licence, I had mine successfully, It is better to patronise tout that the licence officials to get things done faster. Thats just the bitter truth from experience, cos mine took me just 2days to get done!

richierich congrats on your PR visa.
Interesting write up :-X ;D

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
richierich5618 said:
Abeg somebody come to ma rescue oo. I dey see close to 900k for me and my wife for ticket KLM. Wetin happen nah, wetin we wan buy, lol?

Can somebody please help me with the IOM office for booking or any cheaper airline?

Thank you.
Richierich

I assume you are in Lagos.
See details below
IOM office Lagos:

No 8 Alhaji Kaninke Street, Off Awolowo Road, IKOYI.
014613192, 07028773851, 014613191

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
richierich5618 said:
Good Afternoon You All,

Here goes my own story:

Congratulations on your plucking of the coveted maple leaf. Journey mercies.

Nice to know you are Winnipeg bound. The timing of your trip is too short and as such will have to pay more. Checked out a one way trip and found something less than 500k for one way for the two of you via Doha (Qatar Airways).

Maybe you want to give that a try.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Is the hospital in question children practice?if yes another guy complained about same thing when we were in accra.He said the guy brought out an xray and told him his xray was bad and that he needs to pay himsome money so he could change the xray for a clearer one from another individual!Luckily for him his wife is a doctor so he called her and she said if the xray was truly his husband that he won't be alive to even be in the hospital.They reported to the doc but the doctor was kind of non-chalant about it.

I would recommend asaju to anyone in Lagos bcos they acted so professional and I think this guy should be reprimanded.

On the ticket issue try klm book return to uk instead of nig and see if its cheaper.We did that and we got like 480k for 2 adults plus you can book extra baggage online.However note that ours is next year.Also check iom you could get something cheaper
richierich5618 said:
Good Afternoon You All,

Here goes my own story:

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@Richie
i advise you try and book return thru klm and i guess the price would be less than what you get on one way. Its not a crime if you book return and dont utilize the return leg you can even cancell the return and collect your money back when you land depending on the type of ticket you buy.

If wakanow does not show winnipeg you can call them and they would help you with the booking on phone or you visit thier office, you can also try vayama.com(i hope i gt the spelling correct) they can also get you relatively cheap ticket.

IOM Accra not lagos is another route but since you are pressed for time it might not be the best as you cant afford any unnecessary delay!!! you should also consider the travel time as you cant afford for your wife to travel for too long considering her state.

As per the lab man, i see this as a very serious issue that should be reported and not glossed over. lets do our part to sanitise Nigeria wherever the opportunity arises this man cannot be allowed to continue in this shameless way!!!!

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
if you will like to travel aboard klm on December 25, 2012, you will pay N471k and must act very fast because of the season. It is always cheaper if you book multicity instead of direct return ticket. You may wish to book:

Outbound
Lagos - Winnipeg-JA Richardson Intl. (Dec 25, 2012)

Inbound(this will reduce the ticket price tag)
Ottawa - London(Feb 28, 2013).
You can always call klm to cancel the return leg after landing

richierich5618 said:

Thank you.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaddy said:
How to Answer 10 Tough Interview Questions
Employers and recruiters are always asking these common tough questions, in addition they will ask you question related to your field or profession. Good practice of these question, good homework and positive attitude will bring successes to you, other things to remember and take with you at interview copies of extra resume, note book, pen, wear proper dress and arrive before 10 to 15 minutes.
There's no worse feeling than when you're in an interview and the interviewer asks you a question to which you don't know the answer. The best way to handle this dreaded debacle is to go into the interview prepared. Familiarize yourself with a few common difficult questions and arm yourself with answers prepared ahead of time.

Check out these tough interview questions and some suggested responses in order to avoid an interview disaster:

Tough question No. 1: "Tell me about yourself."

This is usually the opening question in an interview and it's the perfect moment for you to toot your own horn -- not to tell your life history. Your answers should be a quick rundown of your qualifications and experience. Talk about your education, work history, recent career experience and future goals.<<< GOOD>>>>

Suggested answer: "I graduated from University X and since then, I have been working in public relations with an agency where I have generated millions of PR hits for my clients. While I've enjoyed working on the agency side, I'm looking to expand my horizons and start doing PR for corporate companies such as this one." SCORES : 8/10

Tough question No. 2: "Why did you leave your last job?"

This is your chance to talk about your experience and your career goals, not to badmouth a former boss or give a laundry list of reasons for your exit. Instead, focus on what you learned in your previous position and how you are ready to use those skills in a new position.

Suggested answer: "The company just wasn't a good fit for my creativity, but I learned that organizations have distinct personalities just like people do. Now I know where I'll be a better fit.scores: <<<<10/10 BUT FOR NEWCOMERS THE BEST RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE TIED TO '' DUE RELOCATION PURPOSE>>>>>>[/b]

Tough question No. 3: "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Let the employer know that you're stable and you want to be with this company for the long haul.<<<<Good Thinking>>>> Keep your aspirations to take over the firm with which you are interviewing, own your own company, retire at 40 or be married with five children to yourself.<<< BAD ONE>>> AN IDEA TO GROW WITH THE COMPANY AND TO FURTHER DEVELOP YOUR CAREER. AND FULLFIL YOUR PERSONAL ASPIRATIONS TO FULLEST IS NOT BAD ONE

Suggested answer: "I want to secure a civil engineering position with a national firm that concentrates on retail development. Ideally, I would like to work for a young company, such as this one, so I can get in on the ground floor and take advantage of all the opportunities a growing firm has to offer."<<<<<2/10>>>>> THE COMPANY INTERVIEWING YOU WILL SEE YOU AS SOMEBODY WHO WILL LEAVE THEM AS SOON AS OPPORTUNITYIES COMES YOUR WAY.

Tough question No. 4: "What are your weaknesses?"

The key to answering this age-old question is not to respond literally. Your future employer most likely won't care if your weak spot is that you can't cook, nor do they want to hear the generic responses, like you're "too detail oriented" or "work too hard." Respond to this query by identifying areas in your work where you can improve and figure out how they can be assets to a future employer. If you didn't have the opportunity to develop certain skills at your previous job, explain how eager you are to gain that skill in a new position.

Suggested answer: 1. "In my last position, I wasn't able to develop my public-speaking skills. I'd really like to be able to work in a place that will help me get better at giving presentations and talking in front of others."
2. " I'm new to the country, don't have sufficient Canadian experience, but I have done the local certification in my profession to update my self according to the Canadian requirement. During my study I have been working as volunteer or Part time or internship etc.. I'm a good and fast learner."<<<< 10/10>>>>>

Tough question No. 5: "Why were you laid off?"

This question will become more common as the economy continues to slow down. It's a tough question, however, especially because many workers aren't told exactly why they were laid off. The best way to tackle this question is to answer as honestly as possible.

Suggested answer: "As I'm sure you're aware, the economy is tough right now and my company felt the effects of it. I was part of a large staff reduction and that's really all I know. I am confident, however, that it had nothing to do with my job performance, as exemplified by my accomplishments. For example..." <<< 10/10>>>>

Tough question No. 6: "Tell me about the worst boss you ever had."

Never, ever talk badly about your past bosses. A potential boss will anticipate that you'll talk about him or her in the same manner somewhere down the line.

Suggested answer: "While none of my past bosses were awful, there are some who taught me more than others did. I've definitely learned what types of management styles I work with the best." <<<<8/10>>>>

Tough question No. 7: How would others describe you?

You should always be asking for feedback from your colleagues and supervisors in order to gauge your performance; this way, you can honestly answer the question based on their comments. Keep track of the feedback to be able to give to an employer, if asked. Doing so will also help you identify strengths and weaknesses.

Suggested answer: "My former colleagues have said that I'm easy to do business with and that I always hit the ground running with new projects. I have more specific feedback with me, if you'd like to take a look at it."<<< 10/10>>>>>

Tough question No. 8: "What can you offer me that another person can't?"

This is when you talk about your record of getting things done. Go into specifics from your résumé and portfolio; show an employer your value and how you'd be an asset.

Suggested answer: "I'm the best person for the job. I know there are other candidates who could fill this position, but my passion for excellence sets me apart from the pack. I am committed to always producing the best results. For example..."

Tough question No. 9: "If you could choose any company to work for, where would you go?"

Never say that you would choose any company other than the one where you are interviewing. Talk about the job and the company for which you are being interviewed.

Suggested answer: "I wouldn't have applied for this position if I didn't sincerely want to work with your organization." Continue with specific examples of why you respect the company with which you are interviewing and why you'll be a good fit.<<< 8/10>>>>> MENTIONING YOUR TECHNICAL AND SOFT SKILLS WILL DO THE MIRACLE HERE

Tough question No. 10: "Would you be willing to take a salary cut?"

Salary is a delicate topic. In today's tough economy though, how much a company can afford to pay you might be the deal breaker in whether or not you are offered a position.

Suggested answer: "I'm making $X now. I understand that the salary range for this position is $XX - $XX. Like most people, I would like to improve on my salary, but I'm more interested in the job itself than the money. I would be open to negotiating a lower starting salary but would hope that we can revisit the subject in a few months after I've proved myself to you." <<<< GOOD ONE 10/10>>>>>

(source career websites)
STAY TUNED

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Richie
i advise you try and book return thru klm and i guess the price would be less than what you get on one way. Its not a crime if you book return and dont utilize the return leg you can even cancell the return and collect your money back when you land depending on the type of ticket you buy.

If wakanow does not show winnipeg you can call them and they would help you with the booking on phone or you visit thier office, you can also try vayama.com(i hope i gt the spelling correct) they can also get you relatively cheap ticket.

IOM Accra not lagos is another route but since you are pressed for time it might not be the best as you cant afford any unnecessary delay!!! you should also consider the travel time as you cant afford for your wife to travel for too long considering her state.

As per the lab man, i see this as a very serious issue that should be reported and not glossed over. lets do our part to sanitise Nigeria wherever the opportunity arises this man cannot be allowed to continue in this shameless way!!!!

Hi tinuadeadebola
Is there an advantage using IOM Accra as against IOM Lagos?
Will this also require departure from Accra?

I recall reading some posts about the IOM Lagos staff being rude, but I'm just wodering if there are some other benefits when using Accra.
Thanks for the info.

Dmaks

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
The speed of response is superb when you contact/visit Accra Office( you need to stay back to finalise the transactions before you return to Lagos). At the IOM Lagos office, i was fustrated and decided to pay any amount as an alternative to whatever services they offer. The lady in charge in my opinion has some wrong attitudes to her functions. At last, I got a cheaper option on KLM platform @ $1245 per adult

Dmaks said:
Hi tinuadeadebola
Is there an advantage using IOM Accra as against IOM Lagos?
Will this also require departure from Accra?

I recall reading some posts about the IOM Lagos staff being rude, but I'm just wodering if there are some other benefits when using Accra.
Thanks for the info.

Dmaks

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
@ Richie, congrats on the receipt of ur prv. i sent u a pm i just hope its not coming too late.

like priceless, i would advice anyone going for medicals to use Asaju. cos they conducted themselves as professionals when we used them.
it is of my opinion too that the hospital should be reported to save ourselves from this kind of embarassment next time.

i wish u alll blessed and prosperous new week filled with testimonies in Jesus name.