+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
@ Gabrilla, Good one.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Thanks - very good info. points - noted.

tokszeeeee said:
Wadduppp Geees,

the forum is too quiet .

just a candid advise, please plan very well as per POF , Canada is very good but veryyy expensive.. CIC is just trying to be nice with all that limit of funds needed .

**for instance, if you are like 5 in your family and CIC asked you to come along with $24,000.. pls come with 35k USD/CAD Minimum..

got a 2 bedroom in Mississauga with all utilities included at a cheap amount $1035 ( + 35CAD for parking)

** furniture , TV, are not moin-moin oo
** bills are also expensive.
**car insurance na die (say 400CAD monthly oo)
** internet/phone/bus fares/bus pass no be yams
** children's clothes are not cheap either, if you can afford it buy your kids clothes form UK or Lagos.

**come with your window blinds if you can

so please, plan well before landing...

my 2 Cents like someone dear will always say

chaos!!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YomexTEV said:
@ gabrilla, that is a nice post and should help to calm nerves.
my believe is that God only takes a man to a location where his allocation is, especially for those that HE directs their steps. take the case of Abraham that had to leave his country home to a strange land and ofcourse because God was involved, he prospered. Most of us are in this Canadian project simply because God has a hand in it. remember it is not everyone that is opportune.d, so why worry?. ps18: 43-44.JUST BELIEVE
Yes o - just believe. WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER. God will continue to direct our steps - but it will be alot better than this Naija sha, with everyday wahala + bomb blast issues!.

Cheers.

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
gabrilla said:
Time is like a river...
You can't touch the same water twice,
because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

Enjoy every moment of life...
-Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest...

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall.

When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no -it was covered with green buds and full of promise.

The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful -it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit -full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life.

He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season; and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring,
the beauty of your summer, and fulfillment of your fall.

Moral:
Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere through the difficult patches;
and better times are sure to come sooner or later...

I got this from another thread - for the fact that things are not working for another person does not mean it will not work out for you.
For the fact that life is not rosy today, does not mean it will not be rosy tomorrow.

Please let us all focus our minds positively and with God everything will work out fine for everyone of us. We are Nigerians and we are meant to survive in any situation, condition and environment we find ourselves, let us not be discouraged on this plan of relocation to canada because it is God that is ordering our foot steps and we shall all make it in JESUS NAME AMEN
Really loving this....+1 from Moi :)

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
YomexTEV said:
@ gabrilla, that is a nice post and should help to calm nerves.
my believe is that God only takes a man to a location where his allocation is, especially for those that HE directs their steps. take the case of Abraham that had to leave his country home to a strange land and ofcourse because God was involved, he prospered. Most of us are in this Canadian project simply because God has a hand in it. remember it is not everyone that is opportune.d, so why worry?. ps18: 43-44.JUST BELIEVE
This will pass for a good sermon. Our time is simply in His hand, and our worry cannot add an inch to our stature without His assent. Have a sweet rest.....

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Thanks , am torched.

gabrilla said:
Time is like a river...
You can't touch the same water twice,
because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

Enjoy every moment of life...
-Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest...

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away.

The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall.

When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen.

The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no -it was covered with green buds and full of promise.

The third son disagreed; he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful -it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen.

The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit -full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but only one season in the tree's life.

He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season; and that the essence of who they are and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring,
the beauty of your summer, and fulfillment of your fall.

Moral:
Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere through the difficult patches;
and better times are sure to come sooner or later...

I got this from another thread - for the fact that things are not working for another person does not mean it will not work out for you.
For the fact that life is not rosy today, does not mean it will not be rosy tomorrow.

Please let us all focus our minds positively and with God everything will work out fine for everyone of us. We are Nigerians and we are meant to survive in any situation, condition and environment we find ourselves, let us not be discouraged on this plan of relocation to canada because it is God that is ordering our foot steps and we shall all make it in JESUS NAME AMEN

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tinuadeadebola said:
Thanks Tokzeee for your post brief but speaks much we appreciate. These are the kind of tips we like to hear from landed seniors as it help us to get pprepared better. Please nothing is inconsequential so keep it coming whenever possible as it would sure bless someone.

Cheers
There are outlet stores where you can get clothes cheap as small as 4 dollars, bring your things from nigeria, even your blanket , shop at dollar stores for utilities they have everything for one dollar, spoon, cream, even some little tiny buckets, if you are coming during the cold season please dress well and wear a lot of socks, bring long sleeves, for food.
Food is quiet expensive so make sure you shop when they are doing promo, you save more sometimes the price is bought half price or less
just as toks said, we use the bus and the fare in brampton is nice we can use the ticket at least 4 times. And car costs and maintainance can ruin you.
Then also landing in toronto you meet nigerians but there are lesser job opportunities, the farther you are from the central the higher your job opportunity. Please wait for your PR card before you leave as that will take from 6 weeks to 2 months. Ours came 2 months after so don't plan for a short stay in canada if you plan on going to nigeria after a while. Make it 3-6 months.
Don't make phone your priority get a sim witout contract and FIDO works on any phone you don't have to unlock a phone for it. Fido sells that and to call your family at home they sell long distance dollar cards for about 2.25 dollars
Avoid going to high end stores for your furniture , the indians have affordable things, we got ours around 400 dollars unlike the usual 1000 dollars and up
On thursdays people throw things away, for the thash people to pick up, sometimes the are very good and in good conditions like sofa's chairs table, my dear don't be shy to take it. I picked a table up which was stil very good, and costs about 300 dollars...more to come...

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
tokszeeeee said:
Wadduppp Geees,

the forum is too quiet .

just a candid advise, please plan very well as per POF , Canada is very good but veryyy expensive.. CIC is just trying to be nice with all that limit of funds needed .

**for instance, if you are like 5 in your family and CIC asked you to come along with $24,000.. pls come with 35k USD/CAD Minimum..

got a 2 bedroom in Mississauga with all utilities included at a cheap amount $1035 ( + 35CAD for parking)

** furniture , TV, are not moin-moin oo
** bills are also expensive.
**car insurance na die (say 400CAD monthly oo)
** internet/phone/bus fares/bus pass no be yams
** children's clothes are not cheap either, if you can afford it buy your kids clothes form UK or Lagos.

**come with your window blinds if you can

so please, plan well before landing...

my 2 Cents like someone dear will always say

chaos!!
We came with a lot more and it finished, although they won't allow more than 5000 dollars or about (av forgotten) raw cash per person and you have to declare it. Plus have you gotten a job now?

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Hi my people,

Firstly I want to apologise if my post is rude or inappropriate. I just want to vent my feelings.

I will suggest if you are going to canada... NETWORK! Have friends, family, landed seniors etc that can advise you as much as possible. Who said children's clothes are cheap in the UK? Are we talking primark or M&S or debenhams? If you need to buy affordable things, ask people who got there before you and don't come and spread panic in the forum.

Folks, you can buy affordable furniture, clothes, utensils etc if you know where to go. Just ask questions. I'm not saying Canada is cheap, I'm saying you can cut your coat according to your cash.

I apologise if I appear sharp. Pessimism gets me down.

Have a good evening folks

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
@ Jedidiah, nothing spoil. No vex bros or ma. We need both the optimistic and pessimistic or better stlill realistic views. They all have their place in preparing us. For instance, Tokzeees post reinvigorated my desire to save more and conserve more than ever before as I wouldnt want to face a situation where I run out of cash on basic needs within few months of landing with my entourage. It is well. Have you heard that one MI 2 has gotten MR on our sister thread? The rain has started.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
My dear forumites.....It seems a great news has just arrived for M2/3. In this post below from @ SIRIDO (seems M2/3 applicant) on noc 1122, who 2 days ago got this mail for his MR and RPRF...although we have responded to him on steps to be taken.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hello my Naija firends, I am so happy to have across this wonderful forum. I never knew there is such a family on the net!

I sent my application to CIC in June 2011 and received a mail from CIC that my file is positive in August 2011 and that they will forward my application to Accra. In October, Accra CHC sent me an e-mail to request for proof of my brother living in Canada. I never knew the process takes that long as i read on CIC that it will take 12 months.

By miracle, I received another e-mail from Accra CHC, saying I should provide evidence for medicals and pay right of permanent residence fee. Please advice me where I can do the medicals? Should I go to any general hospital and do it? Also how do I pay the money they mentioned? Does CIC have a bank you can pay into? Please help me.

jameslew45

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30_02__2010
Doc's Request.
23 march 2010
File Transfer...
20 July 2010
Med's Request
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-07-2012
I stayed in the uk nothing like cheap clothes here we talking about pounds expect primark that selling cheaper stuff but not good quality.
Is better to buy when stores are doing sales.

Cheers.

alayo

Jul 25, 2012
Hakpoguma said:
My dear forumites.....It seems a great news has just arrived for M2/3. In this post below from @ SIRIDO (seems M2/3 applicant) on noc 1122, who 2 days ago got this mail for his MR and RPRF...although we have responded to him on steps to be taken.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hello my Naija firends, I am so happy to have across this wonderful forum. I never knew there is such a family on the net!

I sent my application to CIC in June 2011 and received a mail from CIC that my file is positive in August 2011 and that they will forward my application to Accra. In October, Accra CHC sent me an e-mail to request for proof of my brother living in Canada. I never knew the process takes that long as i read on CIC that it will take 12 months.

By miracle, I received another e-mail from Accra CHC, saying I should provide evidence for medicals and pay right of permanent residence fee. Please advice me where I can do the medicals? Should I go to any general hospital and do it? Also how do I pay the money they mentioned? Does CIC have a bank you can pay into? Please help me.

HELLO MY fellow furomit
comgratulation on ur med request ,ther are list of hospitals in cic site where u can go 4 medical test s pls go as soon as possible b4 the experation of the 60 day given
u can also find how to pay on the site pls compete all request as quick as possible ur ugwu leaf is by the corner u are at the tip end of all processes

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Hakpoguma said:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bros or sis, something is do this letter from accra office poepols to your friend, it is confusion me. accra poepols ask for evidence of medicals?? ???, or they is sent your friend MR, which is come with list of cic clinic officeses. and your friend is ask for help for cic bank?. anyway cic is have bank for lagos, it is call alimosho community bank. :D. please i kneel down beg you, dont vex for me, the informate in your friend letter is not sound for my eyeses like accra letter.