+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
guvcode said:
It's been interesting reading the differing views on this thread. I believe the purpose of arguments and counter arguments is too learn and not to oppose the other party just for the sake of argument.

Those who believe they have (or will have) a better live in Canada compared to their home country, should not be blind to the realities expressed by those who are facing such issues already, rather should learn from what is been expressed and if possible find ways to mitigate or at the least prepare themselves for it.

The other parties who think Canada is a nightmare, should also glean some hope from the group that have a opinion, let it be balanced conversation, I can guarantee you some folks who have to deal with bomb-blasts and terrorism daily, no matter the level of affluence they may have back home, will prefer a challenging life in Canada to no-life at all. And we all will testify that it's not all immigrants that are having the bad deal there in Canada, some are living better than back home, by all standards.

Let the various opinions and experiences keep coming in, lets us all learn and be better for it and not be at each other neck

My two cents, see you at the top!
My conclusions on the Marcus thread reechoed

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
loolo said:
Emo,

On the issue of clarification, I Kongratulated you o jare and you didn't thank me or wish me the same...lol I wish you a decisive moment of whether to proceed or not with your application, MR,PPR and landing in Canada with a good job.
My brother, we see life from different perspectives, I have a lot of friends (PR holders)working in oil and gas sector in Nigeria and the option that they have adopted is what I described in my earlier post, if you are making over $10000 a month in Nigeria, unless you have a confirmed job I won't advice to relocated completely.I know lots of these folks too and I have them around me. I live in the oil city, recall. But the matter still lies in why apply only to start wondering whether u want to leave a lucrative job here for unknown

PS I am not saying that everybody most adopt this option, if you are very comfortable think very well.

Loolo

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
guvcode said:
My conclusions on the Marcus thread reechoed
I concur with your position our Pa theJackson is a good example and all others others on the sides of the divide

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
we should prepared for the journey and belief in almighty God, the author and finisher of our faith that in canada. we will suceed... please help to pray for the release of our ppr this month...

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
shaddy said:
we should prepared for the journey and belief in almighty God, the author and finisher of our faith that in canada. we will suceed... please help to pray for the release of our ppr this month...
Our time is in His hands. He is the one who rules over all. At His time He will make it beautiful. And we shall go to pluck our ugwu leaf. Amen.

Please start packing your bag and get as many warm clothes as you can. Plus plenty dolllars.

Cheers

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
@all
In my opinion, the actual problem with Marcus is nothing but wrong attitude to realties. Babymart, on October 17, passed a message across through a joke about how Mary and Gloria failed an English examination because of ignorance of knowledge. God has provided all necessary requirements for everybody to succeed but the power of utilisation rest with individuals. The man being an architect of his fortune or misfortune still remains a fact.

I am a witness to a practical example. At some point when bank workers started losing jobs as a result of sanitisation in the financial sector; a guy who was earning about N5m annually and could not wait for any surprise,relying primarily on the newly acquired knowledge through a postgraduate programme and secondarily on access to the international communities (not as a visitor), took a critical business decision and successfully made N75m (mildly stated) within 14 months.

Have you ever applied for financial facility from our banks to set up a business? You will be shocked to the bone marrow by the level of refusal even if you are brighter than Bill Gate; your ideas are dead before they are conceived. For those that are granted, the interest rate ranges from 18 up to 28 %( ask defunct Virgin Nigeria, Arik Air, Hitv etc.) for short term of say 5years compare to 3-4% for 20- 30 years obtainable in South Africa, Canada, USA etc. I bet, your status can guarantee you some benefits than you ever imagined.

Let us think of the Canadian health care system (compare to those countries where the citizens beg for fund to reverse certain health conditions?), education, social decency and reduced environmental hazards that impact negatively on life expectancy just to mention few.

Madam Tinu always encourages us to acquire all necessary skills that can make us compete favourably. Her points are not valid for Canada only but for anywhere in the world. You can never adopt the technique for Stone Age and expect to be in business tomorrow. The attitude that will not make you survive in a new land will completely make you lose out of the present comfort zone.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Orire said:
@ all
In my opinion, the actual problem with Marcus is nothing but wrong attitude to realties. Babymart, on October 17, passed a message across through a joke about how Mary and Gloria failed an English examination because of ignorance of knowledge. God has provided all necessary requirements for everybody to succeed but the power of utilisation rest with individuals. The man being an architect of his fortune or misfortune still remains a fact.

I am a witness to a practical example. At some point when bank workers started losing jobs as a result of sanitisation in the financial sector; a guy who was earning about N5m annually and could not wait for any surprise,relying primarily on the newly acquired knowledge through a postgraduate programme and secondarily on access to the international communities (not as a visitor), took a critical business decision and successfully made N75m (mildly stated) within 14 months.

Have you ever applied for financial facility from our banks to set up a business? You will be shocked to the bone marrow by the level of refusal even if you are brighter than Bill Gate; your ideas are dead before they are conceived. For those that are granted, the interest rate ranges from 18 up to 28 %( ask defunct Virgin Nigeria, Arik Air, Hitv etc.) for short term of say 5years compare to 3-4% for 20- 30 years obtainable in South Africa, Canada, USA etc. I bet, your status can guarantee you some benefits than you ever imagined.

Let us think of the Canadian health care system (compare to those countries where the citizens beg for fund to reverse certain health conditions?), education, social decency and reduced environmental hazards that impact negatively on life expectancy just to mention few.

Madam Tinu always encourages us to acquire all necessary skills that can make us compete favourably. Her points are not valid for Canada only but for anywhere in the world. You can never adopt the technique for Stone Age and expect to be in business tomorrow. The attitude that will not make you survive in a new land will completely make you lose out of the present comfort zone.
Very brilliant post. Bottom line, understand why you consider the issue of relocation in the first instance and have it in mind that You can never adopt the technique for Stone Age and expect to be in business tomorrow.The attitude that will not make you survive in a new land will completely make you lose out of the present comfort zone. For me end of discussion.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Orire said:
@ all

I concur with this. What is the guarantee that the comfort zone will continue to retain its status? I have witness SPDC selling of its choice asset to certain interest and then, what becomes some of the personnel that operates such facilities?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
loolo said:
Emo,

On the issue of clarification, I Kongratulated you o jare and you didn't thank me or wish me the same...lol
My brother, we see life from different perspectives, I have a lot of friends (PR holders)working in oil and gas sector in Nigeria and the option that they have adopted is what I described in my earlier post, if you are making over $10000 a month in Nigeria, unless you have a confirmed job I won't advice to relocated completely.

PS I am not saying that everybody most adopt this option, if you are very comfortable think very well.

Loolo
Loolo av been looking at ur posts and u r very intelligent, you have done your research well, work in nigeria live in canada. 50 percent of our friends do just that. the truth about canada is that evrybody makes it in the end but you have to start low, most nigerians are just too proud to work a factory job, have already applied to one that pays 420 dolls per week. Who is @ loss here abeg? But once I can write my licensing exams and am a dentist no more. Can you see the trend. Canada just teaches you tht you have to build your foundation ur self u can't just fly up, then my friends let's delibrate on the advantages, there is light, good bus systems and there are shops in whc u can buy cheap things and survive, as a PR u get 10 years us visa, you get SIN numbers free to work, health card. Gov takes care of u, sooo many things aldo the safety thing is a minus, there used to be shootings down the road in toronto, and bad gangs, we have moved from toronto to another city now though. But canada is sweet if you play ur cards right!

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
in my personal opinion,

marcus is either looking for cheap popularity or he has personality problems and is just seriously depressed.
i read thru each and every post on that thread, the guy (marcus) was not even prepared to accept or even be open to any help or suggestions and was very rude and insensitive to people who tried to help.
i think he should see a shrink. lol

well to the main issue of whether one should opt for the pr or not
i think, like tinu rightly said, it is a thing of personal opinion and mostly depend on situation u currently find urself.

To me, whether to get the pr or not is not the contentious issue here, cos we all know what we stand to benefit from developed countries, compared to our dearly beloved country( 9ja), but the really(de koko) issue is what do we do after we get it.

we must sit down and ask ourselves serious questions and be honest in answering them. if possible put pen to paper and itemize the advantages and disadvantages of leaving our present situation and packing all our bags and zooming off to Canada.

let me explain by giving this two senerios:

1) i know of a guy who was affected by the banking tsunami in 9ja in dec 2009 with oceanic bakl and since then till date he has done everything possible to get another job, even willing to do lower level jobs, all to to avail. he applied for the canadian pr in early 2010 after loosing his job and recently got the pr and is planning to move permanently. he worked in the banking industry for 9 yrs. he told me that if he had recieved the pr in 2010, his 2yrs of joblessness would have been spent hustling to settle in canada. he feels they are wasted yrs

one the other hand

2) my cousin, and the husband who was then working with shell warri as a masters degree holder in mech. engineering, got pr to the US along side with their two boys in 2001, thru the husband's mother who is an American citizen.
almost all their friends then in warri decided to leave shell and relocate to Canada and America. my cousin and the husband decided not to. they would only go to America twice a yr cos that was what was required for the visa to be valid. when i asked him why,
he told me that he would only migrate if he gets a job that will give him the standard of living he is has in 9ja and also save what he was currently saving at the time. he was always on-line searching for jobs in the us but couldn't get any.
when the cost of moving himself and his family to the us twice a yr started affecting is savings he decided to move my cousin and the kids to the us permanently in 2003, he would visit twice a yr.
in 2006 when my cousin and the 3 kids(she had a girl in the us) got their citizenship, she planned to join the hubby in lag(he had been transferred to lag) but he landed himself a very good job with an oil firm in Saudi Arabia, and they all moved there.
they have all lived in Saudi since 2006 till this yr when he got another good job with an oil firm in texas. They all moved to texas this summer and are doing very well. They built a duplex in warri and a dupex and 4 flats in PH b4 they left. they currently own a house in Atlanta Georgia.
i can tell u that they are currently doing beter than all their friends that left then, though the guy doesn't have his citizenship yet cos he has only been spending holidays in the us. but he will get it soon, now that he is in the us.

i am sorry for this long writeup cos i am not very good at it, i just feel i have to do this so that people can understand the situation.

if u are planning to migrate, ask urself these quetions and be honest with urself in answering them:

1) what are the things i stand to gain by completely relocating? itemize them e.g beter standard of living, better education for my kids e.t.c

2) what are the things i stand to loose by completely relocating? itemize them e.g time wastage, possible change of profession e.t.c

3) which one of the two above outweighs the other, not necessarily in terms of numbers alone but also in value.

4) what alternatives do i have?

then the answer weather to pack ur bags and go will be right in front of u.

this is my own little contribution to this issue

i think i am tired of typing. lol

stay blessed all and have a very beautiful weekend

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
swinglow said:
in my personal opinion,

marcus is either looking for cheap popularity or he has personality problems and is just seriously depressed.
i read thru each and every post on that thread, the guy (marcus) was not even prepared to accept or even be open to any help or suggestions and was very rude and insensitive to people who tried to help.
i think he should see a shrink. lol

well to the main issue of whether one should opt for the pr or not
i think, like tinu rightly said, it is a thing of personal opinion and mostly depend on situation u currently find urself.

To me, whether to get the pr or not is not the contentious issue here, cos we all know what we stand to benefit from developed countries, compared to our dearly beloved country( 9ja), but the really(de koko) issue is what do we do after we get it.

we must sit down and ask ourselves serious questions and be honest in answering them. if possible put pen to paper and itemize the advantages and disadvantages of leaving our present situation and packing all our bags and zooming off to Canada.

let me explain by giving this two senerios:

1) i know of a guy who was affected by the banking tsunami in 9ja in dec 2009 with oceanic bakl and since then till date he has done everything possible to get another job, even willing to do lower level jobs, all to to avail. he applied for the canadian pr in early 2010 after loosing his job and recently got the pr and is planning to move permanently. he worked in the banking industry for 9 yrs. he told me that if he had recieved the pr in 2010, his 2yrs of joblessness would have been spent hustling to settle in canada. he feels they are wasted yrs

one the other hand

2) my cousin, and the husband who was then working with shell warri as a masters degree holder in mech. engineering, got pr to the US along side with their two boys in 2001, thru the husband's mother who is an American citizen.
almost all their friends then in warri decided to leave shell and relocate to Canada and America. my cousin and the husband decided not to. they would only go to America twice a yr cos that was what was required for the visa to be valid. when i asked him why,
he told me that he would only migrate if he gets a job that will give him the standard of living he is has in 9ja and also save what he was currently saving at the time. he was always on-line searching for jobs in the us but couldn't get any.
when the cost of moving himself and his family to the us twice a yr started affecting is savings he decided to move my cousin and the kids to the us permanently in 2003, he would visit twice a yr.
in 2006 when my cousin and the 3 kids(she had a girl in the us) got their citizenship, she planned to join the hubby in lag(he had been transferred to lag) but he landed himself a very good job with an oil firm in Saudi Arabia, and they all moved there.
they have all lived in Saudi since 2006 till this yr when he got another good job with an oil firm in texas. They all moved to texas this summer and are doing very well. They built a duplex in warri and a dupex and 4 flats in PH b4 they left. they currently own a house in Atlanta Georgia.
i can tell u that they are currently doing beter than all their friends that left then, though the guy doesn't have his citizenship yet cos he has only been spending holidays in the us. but he will get it soon, now that he is in the us.

i am sorry for this long writeup cos i am not very good at it, i just feel i have to do this so that people can understand the situation.

if u are planning to migrate, ask urself these quetions and be honest with urself in answering them:

1) what are the things i stand to gain by completely relocating? itemize them e.g beter standard of living, better education for my kids e.t.c

2) what are the things i stand to loose by completely relocating? itemize them e.g time wastage, possible change of profession e.t.c

3) which one of the two above outweighs the other, not necessarily in terms of numbers alone but also in value.

then the answer weather to pack ur bags and go will be right in front of u.

i think i am tired of typing. lol

stay blessed all and have a very beautiful weekend all
WISE WORDS :)

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
You guys are something else! Full of bright brains. I love all the analysis GBAM!

Yes, this is Right, Pa Right. I miss una well well.

One thing I discovered was that, we all want to eat our cake and still have it. Very difficult indeed but its doable. Yes, yoiu can be working in your native country while your family is in Canada running the PR, but there is a great twist now concerning PRs one need to be careful nowadays. The authorities are serious on those tricks. Even if you eventually becomes a citizen, you could be strip of it.

Another thing is, when you want to migrate, plan and close your eyes, pray and go. Leave everything and face up the challenges overthere. We are thinking like this because we think we have alternative. Comfort zone is a dangerous zone gbam! Ask many sacked bankers now and even stockbrokers. It was not raining when Noah built the ark.

Yours sincerely is faced with the same problem of choice but I think God will help us all.

E ku ile o!!!

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013

Eid Mubarak to all Nigeria friends from Bangladesh

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
ENGLISH HARD OOO

Listen to a testimony:
"Praise the lort. Hmmm! It's not a small something. Well, actually, it all started a two day ago, which I'm
in my house. So a small hungry is catching me, so I look in the house, nothing much to chop only small plantain which I've not fried before.... So, I tell myself to fry it and chop, as I'm frying that plantain, so phone ringing, so I look, it's a faring place, so I now run, which I reach there, it's my father which call, so I now say, father call after, plantain frying. I keep it.
So now, I now turn around, as I turn round, all of a suddenly everywhere in my house have turn to smoke. Children of God as I'm approaching, smoke is bigging, smoke is just bigging and
bigging. It's a fearing thing o! If it's you self, afraid will catch you.
So I now call on my God, I sing his sing which daddy say make we dey sing. The sing did not work oh! The smoke is still bigging make I talk true. So I now call the name of Jesus three times. I
shout Jesuz Jesuz Jesuz! All of a miraculously, smoke start to be vanishing, to where? I no know. It's a miracle sumthing o! Smoke start to disappearing small, small, small. Then, my plantain have burn to ashes. Hallelujah...Praise the lort somebodies. But my main testimony today be say, I chop that charcol and nothing is happen to me. Church praise the lort.

SALLAH MALEKU Y'A

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Orire said:
@ all

Well said.Canada here we come to possess our possessions!No going back!!!!