+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
spokes said:
Also, Pa Right, did things change in Doha?
The last time I went through that airport, I had a 17 hour layover and had to spend it in a hotel in town (we had transit visas stamped at the Doha airport) paid for by Qatar airlines :eek:
What possibly changed in your case?
Spokes, I don't know o :-X. The Qatar staff actually collected all our ppts and went to the security and immigration only to come back that it is not doable. Whatever that must have traspired between Qatar/Security /immigration i do not know. I think it has changed. They expected us to have gotten our transit visa from Naija before coming. ;D ;D

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@ Right, congrats on your successful landing, Oya begin to possess your possession.

Loolo

tito

Feb 10, 2007
guvcode said:
@ Tito

Please do provide info on 'where to look' :) you know the newly landed's will probably not know 'where to look' and it could help guide others that are coming behind and planning their finances. All in favour say 'Ye' :D
Would love to but I live in Vaughan, ON..far away from Calgary; these places are everywhere as long as you can shop around and ask questions. For example No frills sells same groceries/items like Fortinos but you will be spending double to shop at Fortinos. There are weekly flyers in every neighborhood advertising all sorts, that's a good place to start. Garage sales are also good places to get common items at give away prices. The options are huge and diverse..
Of course, this applies to phones, electronics and services too..shopping/looking around before spending the limited resources is important. Pretty interesting that my friend who has been here since 2002 never heard about Vonage and has been making long distance calls using call cards!

All the best!

tito

Feb 10, 2007
jodav3 said:
DonBaker,

Welcome to the family. My view about your post is that we all have different reasons why we want to emmigrate, least of which in my opinion is economic. With about 12 years work experience, I can safely assume that you have risen somehow in your chosen career and would have experienced some of the bumps in the corporate or business world in Nigeria. The primary reason why some of us including myself want to migrate is to give our children a better platform to start afresh. I strongly have faith that Nigeria either as it is today or when it is eventually balkanized will be a better place to be in future but clearly at the moment, it is a serious gamble, dotted with several uncertainties. I will not forgive myself to find out when I am old that I could have given my children a better platform to compete in life.

Needless to tell you that some of us have had close shaves with death in rather unimaginable circumstances despite our so called 'comfort' in Nigeria. It would take a bit of self denial not to face the reality of our present predicament as a nation and opt for a seemingly ideal system like canada if one has the opportunity. As for me, it is not an option to leave family behind while I stay in Nigeria making money. I will rather want to see my children grow before me when I have opportunity to impart right values to them than to make money while they imbibe vices several miles away. If I must go we must all go together, if I must stay, we all must stay together. I also think this decision demands that we dare to burn the bridge, though not recklessly aswe have been severally advised by Seniors. If you are an elephant in Nigeria, it is my believe that you can never be an ant in any other place in the world including Canada except you belong to those who make money the 'usual' way. With the little background you gave, I believe you will find your feat anywhere. Eat that Frog my brother.

If I were you, I will make haste to Accra and pick up the Ugwu leaf. The decision is all yours bros.
Bros..small, small Oh! Didn't get the bolded part but I would suggest not burning any bridge at all, the world is too tight in the present days and we need all of the bridges everywhere. Though I agree with the analysis on situation in Nigeria, there are modified alternatives to the same issue. These alternatives can only be proffered when you have fully or reasonably understood the peculiarities of DonBaker. I have friends who have resolve never to visit "home" again but some of us are citizens of the world and we move in accordance with economic dictates..reason why we need all the bridges.

DonBaker would land as he has planned but will need to work out a plan that meet his future expectations and that of his family.

All the best.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Right said:
Spokes, I don't know o :-X. The Qatar staff actually collected all our ppts and went to the security and immigration only to come back that it is not doable. Whatever that must have traspired between Qatar/Security /immigration i do not know. I think it has changed. They expected us to have gotten our transit visa from Naija before coming. ;D ;D
Pa(Prof)(etc)Right,
It just hit me now that your status has elevated to that of 'landed senior' ;)
Abeg how you go wash am for the rest of us na?
Which joint we dey come abeg? ???
Talk better thing o :p

Btw,Will you consider asking Qatar airways for a refund? They pride themselves on being the best and may just oblige you
Abi?

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
Of course i will. I have collected 100% refund for non-flight before.

Thanks
Congrats....this is wishing you and your family all the best in Canada.

Cheers

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@tinuadebola
Congrats! I believe you must have gotten your visas by now. Wish you a safe journey back.

@Pa Right
Congrats on your safe landing. I thought you were heading to Ontario? Anyway, karin kapo, yiye ni yeni. Let the expansion continue.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
@ Spokes, Please join me @ Calgary downtown for 8pm Gbam!

Busy-Bee

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
My Dearest Forumites,

FINALLY

Pa Right has landed gbam gbam GBOSA oooooooooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations, thou art finally landed in Calgary, I thought you intend landing in Toroooooooooonto.

You and yours shall surely be exceedingly great in Canada IJN, A.

Busy-Bee

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
@ pa Right,congratz on your successful landing!!

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Right said:

Pa Right Congrats on ur safe landing inspite of the problems in transit.may you eat the fruit od canada

Is this quater airways also part of the IOM deal

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Busy-Bee said:
Congratulations, thou art finally landed in Calgary, I thought you intend landing in Toroooooooooonto.

You and yours shall surely be exceedingly great in Canada IJN, A.

Busy-Bee
Yes I love Toronto DIE but the "Little Boy" in me told me to go Calgary (Apologies to van Passie!) GBAM ;D ;D ;D

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people.
As am writing this, the envelope containing the Visa is safely tucked in my bag and am wacthing it with my two eyes i cant allow these hotel staff go near it.

Yes i got the visa and yes am still in Acraa to leave 2moro but level don change ooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I would sure give you people the full gist when i get home tomorrow this is just to let you know the my passport is now carrying a prized asset!!!!!

@Pa Right Congrats!!! All things work together for good for them that love God!!!

Cheers all

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Congrats madam Tinu on the receipt of your visa.please watch am well well cos I no trust those hotel staffs.lol
Wishing you safe trip back home!!

nolzi

Jul 21, 2012
Hello Elders and fellow canadian compatriots ;D,

Can anyone give me an idea what the IOM fares for a family of 5 (no infant) will be?

the IOM office in Lagos says it will take up to 3 weeks to know and i want to know if the wait is worth it compared with booking with agents.

I think someone posted something like that on this thread but i cant find it again.
all advice is welcome ;D