+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

isy

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0631/6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abeg ohhhhhh me am not a wasted Generation .tell soyinka to take him time ohhhhhhhhhh

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Tayotom said:
Pa Naija,

You are on point with all your analysis but from all indication, it is obvious that while the government will continue to help themselves with the national resources, the governed will remain helpless as they seem not to know the way out. It has become the case of you are surrounded by water but remain permanently thirsty. No one is ready for Egypt, Libya, Syria or even Lebanon style. However, some have decided to leave the country which is a matter of choice anyway. Now... the nauseating bit is a situation where those(Nigerians) that migrate to other countries put themselves in such a very bad light that for the simple but unfortunate reason that you are from the same country, you are seen as the same. That is so not fair which is why I will say it again that they will ROT IN JAIL. Of course there are those doing the country proud as well, the sky will continue to be their limits. For those who made us consider the migration option becos they refuse to give us the basic necessities of life, but rather either knowingly or unknowingly make people suffer in the midst of plenty, I doubt if they will see peace.

Meanwhile Naija Pikin, good to know you are are passionate about cleaning up EFCC and I can tell you Reuben Abati's passion was greater than that

I rest ma case
What about Reuben Abati? This man should be judged based on his score card at the end of the day. The problem with Nigeria is many commentators, and No movers I mean men willing to do a thing.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
I agree with Emo that it is too early to Judge Reuben Abati who says an accomplished Journalist and public commentor cannot work with the goverment? if we say the so called' good people' should not take up govt appointment then it means we are asking that only bad eggs fills such position. Every country has its ups and downs and Nigeria must certainly get past this stage and move higher in the coming years a task that can onlly be accomplished through our collective effort.

We have been in the UK for over two weeks for vacation only to wake up on Saturday and all we see is riot, massive looting and fire in many part of London but if this happens in Nigeria for 3 consecutive days as we have seen here my pple will write the nation off in a jiffy. For me Nigeria will always be home Canada PR or no PR. Please dont get me wrong am not saying the country is where its suppose to be now as there are too many things begging for attention but i have resolved to hope against all hope with a deep convinction that someday not very far from now our dear country would be on the path of true transformation

As per the issue of wasted generation, much as i respect Pa Soyinka very much and being mindful that event in the country made he reach such a conclusion, i beg to differ strongly that i am not at all wasted or part of a wasted generation. i went to school, acquired knowledge, got a job, applied my knowledge and still updating myself hence waste is far from me. let me not bore you guys any update from Accra?

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
tinuadeadebola said:
I agree with Emo that it is too early to Judge Reuben Abati who says an accomplished Journalist and public commentor cannot work with the goverment? if we say the so called' good people' should not take up govt appointment then it means we are asking that only bad eggs fills such position. Every country has its ups and downs and Nigeria must certainly get past this stage and move higher in the coming years a task that can onlly be accomplished through our collective effort.

We have been in the UK for over two weeks for vacation only to wake up on Saturday and all we see is riot, massive looting and fire in many part of London but if this happens in Nigeria for 3 consecutive days as we have seen here my pple will write the nation off in a jiffy. For me Nigeria will always be home Canada PR or no PR. Please dont get me wrong am not saying the country is where its suppose to be now as there are too many things begging for attention but i have resolved to hope against all hope with a deep convinction that someday not very far from now our dear country would be on the path of true transformation

As per the issue of wasted generation, much as i respect Pa Soyinka very much and being mindful that event in the country made he reach such a conclusion, i beg to differ strongly that i am not at all wasted or part of a wasted generation. i went to school, acquired knowledge, got a job, applied my knowledge and still updating myself hence waste is far from me. let me not bore you guys any update from Accra?
@ Tinu,

+1 for you.

If a thorough evaluation of all PR applicants is done, over 90% will fall into the category of those that want to go to canada with the hope of bringing the proceeds of their success back home while less than 10% actually want to forget Nigeria and make Canada their permanent home. What this tells me is that Home will always be home. Yes things may not be as they should be but except good people participate in governance, our country will never get to where it should be. So with this my 2 kobo, let the likes of Reuben Abati do their own bit and lets evaluate their performance after.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
There seems to have been a lull in the last couple of weeks from Accra after the flurry of activities in June and Early July. Does anybody have any news from Accra?

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Found this on another thread, quite a twist:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-was-born-inside-canadian-airliner-t79103.0.html

jihems

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
A wasted generation thing is for the writer and his generation not mine. Soyinka is not God and should not be taken seriously. My generation can never be wasted.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Oloye said:
My fellow PAs, MAs and other recognized and notable figures too numerous to mention, I want to say thanks for the congratulatory messages to myself and PA Seglad. I so much appreciate the great spirit of oneness and brotherly/sisterly love radiating in the house.

As per the retirement/hanging of boots of some PAs, they should note that old Soldiers never die. Haven't you heard of soldiers called back from retirement to give their ideas and express their tactical acumen during war and still perform creditably well? It is when Cobra dies that its tail dies and so far Cobra is still alive the tail will still be functioning. PA Seglad kindly withdraw the stripping of title till we welcome the proposed retired PAs to this side. If eventually the "Oloris" of these PAs want it and they refuse, then the council of PAs will strip them due to non performance.

Once again, thank you all.

Oloye
@ Pa Oloye,

Better Late than Never. Accept my hearty congratulations on behalf of me and my family. Olorun awoo, olorun a daasi. a lowo ire lehin oo. amin

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
tinuadeadebola said:

Much as I have decided not to talk on this Niaja issue again, some write ups will surely :eek:

Fine I don’t believe Dr. Abati should be judged early enough but he started mis-talking the very first time he assumed office. He was the first to condemn Lagos State Govt. for crying too much over a simple flood!

Recall the heavy rain of that “good” Sunday in Lagos that lasted for hrs? Two couples (both Chartered Accountants) died in a ditch in front of The Guardian former Reuben Abati’s office. And so many families suffered losses. The Al-Jazeera news carried the human loss yet your acclaimed comrade condemned the cry of help from the Federal Govt to assist Lagos State.
Secondly, when the opposition accused Jona of Bad Leadership especially in the area of security and others, yours sincerely Dr. Abati granted news conference that the opposition to which He strongly belongs to days before his appointed to come and eat, lack ideas. Can you imagine, progressive lacks Idea to take on a PDP crooks! So we should wait till when…Abati has lost his senses. :mad:

Agreed, working with the government with a good intention of transforming the situation is highly welcome but for me, I think Abati went to where his bread will be better buttered. ;D

Did you just mention Segun Adeniyi? That moron that told the whole Naija that Umoru told him to represent him at Angola 2010 (African Cup of Nations) whereas, as at that time, Umoru has been certified “Clinically Dead!” Abeg save me the agony of recollecting bad days with mediocrities calling themselves social critics. His column is full of critics than praises. Can you imagine Fashola’s page in a newspaper. :-X :-\

Fine you mention the arson going on in the Uk now, but I bet you the security will later give details of arrest, the cause of the riot, jail any culprit and think further a way to prevent such later. :D

Agreed many of us will write Naija off if such happened here because no real perpetrators would never be arrested. Many innocent passerbys would have been arrested by your trigger happy cops. Who killed, Dele Giwa, Pa Rewane, Kudi Abiola, Bola Ige. More recently, who threw bomb during Naija 50th independence anniversary? Who was the Boko Haram?

The Jos riot of then and even now, how many people were arrested? We can go on and on….I pray we get there one day as you opined o. :-X Me sef wan enjoy ma country abi Naija Pikin…I love naija I no go lie…. :p

Yes Pa Soyinka was right to qualify his generation as wasted with the way things are going. In fact I used to think that if Soyinka generation were wasted what do we say about ours? Soyinka was trained by the Govt. we were not. During their days in the university, they were living as if they were in Hotels, they had good meal and accommodation but nowadays, if at all we still believe in Naija varsity, Nothing!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
My pple please am one of the 90% that wants to go to Canada and bring the proceeds to Naija for sure am Naija 100% gbam!

Pa Naija Pikin.......Pa Awoderu, no be so we be? :p :p

lalee

Aug 10, 2011
hello all, pity i didnt discover this forum before i moved. i have a question for people who have landed in Canada already i want your honest opinions on how life is in Canada, was it up to your expectations? any regrets, how is life in general, jobs, friends and satisfaction. Thanks :)

Tayotom

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted
AOR Received.
16th August 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
16th September 2011
Med's Request
11th May 2012
Mr Right, you are bang on point, tinuadeadebola and others who believes it is too early to judge Reuben Abati, you are equally right as well. However, note that it is quite difficult to bite the finger that feeds you. Don't forget that his role is more or less to give credence to his employer's actions. Please tell me one thing (policy or action) that his employer (Jonathan) has done or has in the pipeline which would better the lots of the poor masses since he took over power. Meanwhile of all the problems Nigerians are bedevilled with, the most critical to our dear president is the 6 yrs single term tenure . And did you listen to Reuben's take on that? :-[ :-[ :-[

While I don't know the context in which Soyinka made the statement, you are probably one of the privileged few that went to school, acquired knowledge, got a job, applied your knowledge and still updating yourself and can even afford to go on holidays. I would imagine a number of those in this forum are not too far from that group. The question now is ...What percentage of your age group went to school ? what % can apply their knowledge but are not as fortunate as you are? How many has a job but still struggle to get d basics of life. I bet not up to 10% falls within the cadre. So tell me, is the remaining 90% not wasting away in hopelessness not knowing what tomorrow will bring? Is that not a wasting generation? If the generation is not a wasted, I wonder what it is. :D :D :D

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Tayotom said:
Mr Right, you are bang on point, tinuadeadebola and others who believes it is too early to judge Reuben Abati, you are equally right as well. However, note that it is quite difficult to bite the finger that feeds you. Don't forget that his role is more or less to give credence to his employer's actions. Please tell me one thing (policy or action) that his employer (Jonathan) has done or has in the pipeline which would better the lots of the poor masses since he took over power. Meanwhile of all the problems Nigerians are bedevilled with, the most critical to our dear president is the 6 yrs single term tenure . And did you listen to Reuben's take on that? :-[ :-[ :-[

While I don't know the context in which Soyinka made the statement, you are probably one of the privileged few that went to school, acquired knowledge, got a job, applied your knowledge and still updating yourself and can even afford to go on holidays. I would imagine a number of those in this forum are not too far from that group. The question now is ...What percentage of your age group went to school ? what % can apply their knowledge but are not as fortunate as you are? How many has a job but still struggle to get d basics of life. I bet not up to 10% falls within the cadre. So tell me, is the remaining 90% not wasting away in hopelessness not knowing what tomorrow will bring? Is that not a wasting generation? If the generation is not a wasted, I wonder what it is. :D :D :
Please say the truth at any cost!

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Pa Right, Tayotom

I must say your analysis are right on target!

The problem with most of us Nigerians is we fail to appreciate the context in which things are written and the inferences that can be drawn from such statements. If 90% of a basket of apple is rotten, then it can be said that the whole basket is rotten (even though the 10% that is not rotten is taken out of the basket and later used).

Peace!!!

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
i am a prejune applicant and uptil noe ststus is still in RBVO since october 2010. what is happening. Any prejune with a better status,. Any advice or information for me