+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Right said:
I disagree...No matter how u look at it, it is still better at least for today....You must have spent morte Naira buying either of US$ or CAD$ as at when you were paying for your PR.
Prof Right,
Yes! I agree with you I was comparing USA and Canada. Since it US$ we will buy to pay for PRPF you will need more US$ to purchase CAD$.
Yes! Thank God it N150 compare to when I paid for my PRPF I bought US$ at N158.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Naija Pikin,

I heard rumour that PHCN ( abi na NEPA sef!) has increased electricity tariff with effect from now, July 1st, 2011....same day with Canadian new rule ;D whats your position on this?

Honestly, each time I read in newspaper that the Goverment is ready to remove fuel subsidy, increase NEPA tariff, etc, I provoke.... :-X

Nigerian are really going through serious economic hardship yet our president is telling us to brace up for hard times (Am sure he meant harder times) which hard time pass the one we dey face now? pple pls talk na?

This is why I jealous all of una wey don get MR,RPRF and PR visas. Of what use is a nation that wants to imporverish her own citizens.

The budget of taking care of Refugees in Britain is more than the fuel subsidy nonsence naija is shouting about. Unfortunately, Refugees in Britain are not even Britons whereas the fuel subsidy is for Nigerians......The only "social benefit" at least to the masses.
Abeg I don tire jare....If this PR no quick come I go go Libya jare! :'( Yes...even up till now, they still have constant electricity...I dey follow am, for Al-Jazeera :p :p :p

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
@Naija pickin take am easy,e go better whether Jonathan like am or not.I feel you but naijas are so complacent.@Moegbenga,DrMoney and jada congratulatns. Happy New month,remember last month,i said it was the month of Annunciation.JULY IS A MONTH OF COMPLETENESS AND PERFECTION.Amen lg

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
.If this PR no quick come I go go Libya jare!

Pa Right yes oh i agree with you at least you wont be idle either Gadafi recruit you or the Rebel take u join body. So its electricity and fuel subsidy that makes you miss the PR, for me each time i hear of Bomb in or around Abuja i feel like the PR should come now now so that i go dey Canada dey pray for my people for Naija.

Anyways we thank God that Accra is at least moving go slow is better than standstill.

Cheers all

Mr Jones

Jun 30, 2011
Mr Jones said:
Dear All

As you can see, I'm new on this forum. I'm just about to start my application process and I'll need some tips from you guys.

I've gone through some of the comments and I see a no of landed immigrants already. Congrats people!

Here are my questions:

1. Is it better to use an immigration lawyer or do it myself? How did you guys do it and what was the experience like, especially for recent applicants?

2. I qualify for both the Federal Skilled Worker category as well as the Quebec Immigration category. Can I apply for both (sounds crazy, I know!) to increase my chances, especially since FSW now has only 500 spaces per job category without a job offer?
People. Sorry to disturb una o! Apparently my post quoted above was missed in the traffic. Please I need your tips on the above. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

drmoney

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
8-3-11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
30-6-11
Med's Done....
11-7-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1-9-11
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-11
Hello Everyone,
Please I need clarification from you all.
I was told by the two hospitals in Lagos that I would have to wait for the original hard copies of the Medical Request Forms sent from Accra to my Post Office Box in order to have my medical tests done.
I was thinking that since the same forms were sent as an attachment to the e-mail from Accra, I could just print them out and head to the hospital for my Tests.
I want to know if this is also the experience of any Post-June 26 applicants that have done Medicals.

N.B: It was not mentioned in the e-mail from Accra that a copy had been sent by post.
Please I need clarification.
Thanks.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
drmoney said:
Hello Everyone,
I was told by the two hospitals in Lagos that I would have to wait for the original hard copies of the Medical Request Forms sent from Accra to my Post Office Box in order to have my medical tests done.
I was thinking that since the same forms were sent as an attachment to the e-mail from Accra, I could just print them out and head to the hospital for my Tests.
I want to know if this is also the experience of any Post-June 26 applicants that have done Medicals.

N.B: It was not mentioned in the e-mail from Accra that a copy had been sent by post.
Thanks.
You happen to be the first post June 26 with MR! :)
But I think your experience is same with older applicants

lnd_dan said:
Prof Right,
When did Pa Right collect professorship :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ???

drmoney

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
8-3-11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
30-6-11
Med's Done....
11-7-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1-9-11
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-11
@ Spokes,
Thank you very much.

@ Moegbenga, I sent you a PM.
Pls check and reply.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Quote from: Mr Jones on June 30, 2011, 03:50:13 pm

Dear All

As you can see, I'm new on this forum. I'm just about to start my application process and I'll need some tips from you guys.

I've gone through some of the comments and I see a no of landed immigrants already. Congrats people!

Here are my questions:

1. Is it better to use an immigration lawyer or do it myself? How did you guys do it and what was the experience like, especially for recent applicants?

2. I qualify for both the Federal Skilled Worker category as well as the Quebec Immigration category. Can I apply for both (sounds crazy, I know!) to increase my chances, especially since FSW now has only 500 spaces per job category without a job offer?

People. Sorry to disturb una o! Apparently my post quoted above was missed in the traffic. Please I need your tips on the above. Hope someone can help.

Cheers
@ Mr Jones,Glad to have you on the forum,Please introduce yourself properly and let's know how far you have with your documentation,underwhat NOC you intend to apply.
I personally would not advice on the use of a consultant, you have enough resources and manpower to relie on here.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
drmoney said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
Yes the 2 hospitals will insist that you wait for your hard copy,this is my experience as well. You are the first person I'm hearing who got the forms as an attachment to the mail. I just received my hard copy and in the envelope was a copy of the email sent to me, another paper listing my family members who will do the medicals and a sealed brown envelope stamped 'To be opened by the Doctor'. It is this brown envelope that I believe the DMPs want to see when you submit yourself for medicals.

I don't fully understand what you received in your mail but you might want to email Accra to ask if a hard copy is on the way to you. Or call.

@Mr Jones,don't bother with a consultant(unless you have too much money),you can do it yourself. A lot of us here are handling our applications ourselves and it's proceeding well. Spend time to read and go through the CIC website,it's very informative. If you have any questions,come here and ask and our Pas, Mas and Profs in the house will see you through. Please save consultant money for proof of funds. Besides they add no value to the immigration process.

drmoney

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
8-3-11
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
30-6-11
Med's Done....
11-7-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1-9-11
VISA ISSUED...
6-9-11
@Jada
Thanks for your response.
I already sent an e-mail to Accra yesterday in respect of the concerns I raised.
The documents you mentioned are the exact same things that were attached to my mail- with a scanned copy,bearing my passport photo,of a medical request form etc.
I will call the VO on monday then.
My worry is that no mention was made of a parcel in post for me.
The last time I got one from Accra, it was stated in the ''fore-runner'' e-mail that I should expect a paper copy of same in my post office box.
Also, given their 60-day grace period one can only hope the parcel arrives in good time-knowing how our mail system is like around here.
Thank you very much, your response is highly valued.

toptinar

May 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
PER receive on 19-08-2011.2nd aor on Nov 3rd 2011 wit document request
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
16-09-2011(RBVO)
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Good day to u all my fellow countrymen on dis forum.wit ur help and advice i sent my applicatn in may and was receive at cio june 2nd.pls how long does it take to hear from cio.the waiting game no easy o.

Mr Jones

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks loolo & Jada!

Great to hear that most people have done it themselves. That gives me some confidence.

Here's my brief profile:
I am in my early 30s, male, married with 2 children.
I have a B.Sc in Mech Engineering. My total work experience is nearly 10 years, 2 in consulting and the remaining in engineering (projects, oil & gas).

I have not started my application yet. My first action is to take the IELTS in August.

I plan to apply under NOC 1122, with the 2 years I spent in that field. My engineering experience falls under 2132 mainly.

I also qualify for the Quebec option, although I barely speak French.

Pls advice whether I can apply for both Federal & Quebec at the same time (I'm worried about FSW due to the very limited numbers to be taken under the new rule).

VOA

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1233/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Additiona docs. request 15-06-11
AOR Received.
01-03-2011 from CIO
IELTS Request
Sent with appl.
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-11
LANDED..........
Mr Jones said:
Thanks loolo & Jada!

Great to hear that most people have done it themselves. That gives me some confidence.

Here's my brief profile:
I am in my early 30s, male, married with 2 children.
I have a B.Sc in Mech Engineering. My total work experience is nearly 10 years, 2 in consulting and the remaining in engineering (projects, oil & gas).

I have not started my application yet. My first action is to take the IELTS in August.

I plan to apply under NOC 1122, with the 2 years I spent in that field. My engineering experience falls under 2132 mainly.

I also qualify for the Quebec option, although I barely speak French.

Pls advice whether I can apply for both Federal & Quebec at the same time (I'm worried about FSW due to the very limited numbers to be taken under the new rule).
Pa Jones,
If u have been following this and other threads on the forum well, you will notice that NOC1122 is hot cake.
Reason;NOC1122 is the only Business related occupation left on the current MI.Having to wait till August to write IELTS may jeopadice ur chance.
I have read on other threads that some Consutants already stock piled completed applications to be submitted on July 1st.
Even on Naija thread,our own KPOPI77 prepared a new application for the new MI.
So,I will suggest you check out NOC 8222, 7372, 7312, & 7265 against your job functions.Some of these i can assure that the cap may reach till end of the year.
All d best in your app.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
VOA said:
Pa Jones,
If u have been following this and other threads on the forum well, you will notice that NOC1122 is hot cake.
Reason;NOC1122 is the only Business related occupation left on the current MI.Having to wait till August to write IELTS may jeopadice ur chance.
I have read on other threads that some Consutants already stock piled completed applications to be submitted on July 1st.
Even on Naija thread,our own KPOPI77 prepared a new application for the new MI.
So,I will suggest you check out NOC 8222, 7372, 7312, & 7265 against your job functions.Some of these i can assure that the cap may reach till end of the year.
All d best in your app.
@ Pa VOA,

Pyramid777 you meant to say.

KPOPI77 is patiently waiting for his medical request...................... ;D

@ Pa Jones, a word is enough for the wise.