+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

funshiba

Jun 4, 2014
Wow...its been ages that this active forum got alive, where is everyone

I will assume almost everyone here has moved and settling with new life?

For some of us waiting to hear from the AVO, its been a long wait (after medicals and POF), can anyone help with such info? Do i take the delay as a good thing or not good?

Regards,

tolafatokun

Sep 2, 2015
I'm a plumber and I practise in Nigeria, a country in africa.
I have my trade test certificate and my certificate of apprenticeship.
I filled the EOI form and I answered "YES" to the "License and Trade/Profession" regulation question.
I have been sent the LAA since the 13th August 2015 now nd I have all my supporting documents intact but there's a problem about the licensing aspect, in the LAA sent to me, there's a paragraph that emphasises that applicants should refuse/reject the LAA if u don't have a license that is recognised in manitoba.
I enquired from the MPNP by mailing them and here's the reply I was sent;

"Thank you for your e-mail. You must be licensed in Manitoba in order to answer yes to that question on the EOI. If you have answered yes
and do not have the supporting documents, your file may be closed for misrepresentation. Please research your trade in Manitoba on the internet and determine if its an occupation that is governed by a licensing requirement. If it is, there will be an association that has a website and will provide information on licensing requirements.
Sincerely,
MPNP."

This reply is confusing because it didnt state if it wont be possible for me to be licensed if am outside canada or not, so am confused if i should simply reject the letter of advice to apply or go ahead with the documents i have with me. i already searched for websites who can provide infos on licensing requirement and i cant find any. The only ones i found was just fro the assesment of my trade.

im seriously confused and i really need serious help right now because i dont want a case of misrepresentation which could eventually lead to my file being closed and might end up in bans on future applications. Moreso i just have 37 days or thereabout for the deadline to submit a full application.
Thank you.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Hearty congratulations to those with recent updates, I pray we all dance to a new song very soon ijn. For those travelling soon and needs good tickets. I was able to get tickets for December for my family of 5 on British Airways to Edmonton Alberta for just 1.2million. The cheapest so far cos of the distance of Edmonton is 1.1m on Ethiopia airline but this particular agent got me BA to my surprise for that amount. He also allow you to pay as u have the cash not paying a lump sum, he will only take 40k per person to reserve your ticket then u must balance up 2weeks to departure , in my case I have 3months to pay up.
He runs a UK registered coy with partnership with BA so he can easily gets discounts for his clients. September is the best time to book. A friend got 580k family of two to Calgary, If you need his contact send me a pm. I just thought to share
Goodluck to everyone
Kayb

Flaggy

Sep 6, 2015
Hello house,
Please I need an experienced people about Canada to advice me.
My details: I applied for study permit June 2014 for Fall intake, Refused on account of insufficient fund.
Deferred d admission-,reapplied again May 2015, Refused on account of insufficient fund again (mysterious anyway). I applied for my.once and got visa, we did wedding Aug. 29, few days later travelled to Canada for school resumption.
My question:
Is it advisable for me to use SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT (SOWP) to apply again or i should hunt for another admission.
Kindly advice me on way forward to go pls.
We are both BNSc Nursing degree holders from Nigeria.
Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi all, big congrats to all with recent updates. The journey so far has been good and God has been faithful. :) The post below is is from a post I shared with others in the 2014 Nigerian FSW applicants thread.

I actually had an interesting chat yesterday in one of the chat groups and felt I should share my thoughts from that chat with you all here on this larger platform. Hope you find it helpful as you prepare to come over to Canada;

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare mentally and don't compare your self to others when you land.
Face your own path, ask questions, make informed choices. There are people who land and get job after 4 weeks and others who get job after 10 months. Don't be discouraged by this but be focused. Canada will test you and only those still standing after the test will smile. The opportunities are here just prepare. Some asked, 'for bankers, what do we do to get those jobs'? There's no formula other than choosing what you want and going for it thru preparation, research and effort. For bankers, you'll need to look into the CSC and IFC certifications, Google them.

Another person asked if bankers can pursue PMP to gain an entry into banking industry here. Well, bankers don't need PMP here as that's a different profession altogether. This is not like Nigeria where one person will do four or five different certifications. They (Canadians) see foreigners here with different certifications as unfocused and unreliable employees. If you are a shoe, please be a shoe and not also a pant. That's the truth.
So please don't waste your time chasing papers. Research one path, face that one and establish your self there, www.dat's all.

My bro KSA chose to go towards Lean management profession and channeled his energy in that direction. He has focused his job search in that area.
Soon, he will see results and be settled, amen. Same goes for kollins who's pursuing his passion in his own way.
I left my accounting degree and banking/internal audit experience behind to face Business Analysis here. I did my research back home and trained in it when I landed privately. Getting a job is not automatic for everybody, it's a gradual process. I'm just getting interviews calls after 3 months, God be praised. I may not be the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident and focused.

The point is do your homework, be prepared and stay focused with patience. If you are the hurrying type, please Canada is not for you. This place, you will see 'something' if you don't calm down.
So husbands, please love your wife when you get here. Wives, please love your husbands. Couples, support each other truly and truly when you get here. Singles, please face your front squarely once you land. Everyone should note that 'counting bridge' is very expensive here, it drains POF.
When you start earning dollars, you can loosen up and flex a bit. Don't pay attention to pressure from home.

People will be asking you, 'how far? Have you settled down? Do you have job yet?' Just ignore those annoying questions. Nobody asks the tree if it has fruit, you will see it when time is right. Of course it's is good to ask after those who have traveled but do it 'with sense' or sensibly. People are passing through great things here so respect them and respect your self. Be sensitive and ask questions sensitively. In Canada, they don't like direct questions, I mean true Canadians so begin to learn the culture.

We do things here 'with sense'. When you get an answer to your questions, read between the lines and face your front. No need to be looking for details. It's really not your business how anyone is doing. As also said by KSA, the race is not a sprint but jeje, do your marathon and maintain your lane.

Final note, pray... pray and pray. It is God that settles us here, not friends or relatives or chat group or forum.
I wish you all the best as you search yourselves and prepare to come, God bless. Kindly share this with others Smiley

P.s. If you send me a PM and I'm slow to respond, please bear with me. I'm 'settling down' and will get back to you when I can ;) ;)

arewaincalgary

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
15-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
waived by HIS grace
Passport Req..
APRIL 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
JANUARY 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi all, big congrats to all with recent updates. The journey so far has been good and God has been faithful. :) The post below is is from a post I shared with others in the 2014 Nigerian FSW applicants thread.

I actually had an interesting chat yesterday in one of the chat groups and felt I should share my thoughts from that chat with you all here on this larger platform. Hope you find it helpful as you prepare to come over to Canada;

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare mentally and don't compare your self to others when you land.
Face your own path, ask questions, make informed choices. There are people who land and get job after 4 weeks and others who get job after 10 months. Don't be discouraged by this but be focused. Canada will test you and only those still standing after the test will smile. The opportunities are here just prepare. Some asked, 'for bankers, what do we do to get those jobs'? There's no formula other than choosing what you want and going for it thru preparation, research and effort. For bankers, you'll need to look into the CSC and IFC certifications, Google them.

Another person asked if bankers can pursue PMP to gain an entry into banking industry here. Well, bankers don't need PMP here as that's a different profession altogether. This is not like Nigeria where one person will do four or five different certifications. They (Canadians) see foreigners here with different certifications as unfocused and unreliable employees. If you are a shoe, please be a shoe and not also a pant. That's the truth.
So please don't waste your time chasing papers. Research one path, face that one and establish your self there, www.dat's all.

My bro KSA chose to go towards Lean management profession and channeled his energy in that direction. He has focused his job search in that area.
Soon, he will see results and be settled, amen. Same goes for kollins who's pursuing his passion in his own way.
I left my accounting degree and banking/internal audit experience behind to face Business Analysis here. I did my research back home and trained in it when I landed privately. Getting a job is not automatic for everybody, it's a gradual process. I'm just getting interviews calls after 3 months, God be praised. I may not be the best but I'm also not the worst. I stayed confident and focused.

The point is do your homework, be prepared and stay focused with patience. If you are the hurrying type, please Canada is not for you. This place, you will see 'something' if you don't calm down.
So husbands, please love your wife when you get here. Wives, please love your husbands. Couples, support each other truly and truly when you get here. Singles, please face your front squarely once you land. Everyone should note that 'counting bridge' is very expensive here, it drains POF.
When you start earning dollars, you can loosen up and flex a bit. Don't pay attention to pressure from home.

People will be asking you, 'how far? Have you settled down? Do you have job yet?' Just ignore those annoying questions. Nobody asks the tree if it has fruit, you will see it when time is right. Of course it's is good to ask after those who have traveled but do it 'with sense' or sensibly. People are passing through great things here so respect them and respect your self. Be sensitive and ask questions sensitively. In Canada, they don't like direct questions, I mean true Canadians so begin to learn the culture.

We do things here 'with sense'. When you get an answer to your questions, read between the lines and face your front. No need to be looking for details. It's really not your business how anyone is doing. As also said by KSA, the race is not a sprint but jeje, do your marathon and maintain your lane.

Final note, pray... pray and pray. It is God that settles us here, not friends or relatives or chat group or forum.
I wish you all the best as you search yourselves and prepare to come, God bless. Kindly share this with others Smiley

P.s. If you send me a PM and I'm slow to respond, please bear with me. I'm 'settling down' and will get back to you when I can ;) ;)

Welcome bro. The land will bring forth fruits for you in JESUS name.

favoured1

May 22, 2015
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
19-05-2016
Preferred said:
Hi Jodav,

I doubt if you remember this post.

Well, I kept it in my 'left hand'. Landed exactly 3 weeks ago and gotten free items on kijiji including a freezer.

Thank you so much and God bless
Ok I admit.
I just have to bookmark this ;D
It will be helpful when we land

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
Pipis Husband said:

Certification not important here as much as soft skills. It's good but not a big deal here as we have CEOs here with no degrees but who rose through the ranks. It's experience and the ability to 'fit' that matters so please prepare ment
ally and don't compare your self to others when you land.

Nice piece.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Preferred said:
Hi Jodav,

I doubt if you remember this post.

Well, I kept it in my 'left hand'. Landed exactly 3 weeks ago and gotten free items on kijiji including a freezer.

Thank you so much and God bless

Preferred. Please PM me on how vous did the kijiji stuff. Grateful for your quick response.

Adeballer

Apr 2, 2015
It is bn a while I registered on this forum.
I often skim through some of the posts but this morning, I decided to comment.
So guys, How are you all doing?
Regards
Adeballer

oladelemary

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I need your help :

I applied for PNP via EE in August 2015 and was told to send:

1. salary account for the past 6 months from my place of work showing salary payment

2. updated bank statements showing proof of funds

3. Historic Birth certificate.

here is my story:
I have 2 accounts : salary account(savings) and current bank account.

I have bulk of the funds in the current account and this account is the ONLY one i submitted while applying to CIC.

In Dec. 2014, my parents disposed one of their parcel of land (bought in 1990 and it has appreciated considerably over the years) and gave me the money to use as POF and for further processing.
the money was deposited in my savings account (salary account) by my mum and this shows in the transaction history.

my bank will not issue a letter/balance certificate/reference letter for a savings account and this is part of what CIC needs. Hence i moved the funds to my current account in January 2015 and the money stayed there without any lump sum payment thereafter. i submitted my current account statement to CIC covering Jan to August 2015 alongside reference letter from my bank with respect to the current bank account during the application process.

i submitted payslips for my current job among other documents except the savings account my salary is being payed into.

my savings account is quite healthy just that salary payment is being delayed. this is due to the current economic stuff about oil price and states owing debts........ i work with in a state government establishment and the state is one of those owing workers salaries and paying them in arrears. for example..... jan salary may be paid in march, february in may,,,,,,, etc. A bulk arrears was paid recently and the govt is currently owing august and sept salaries.

I didnt submit my birth certificates initially because it wasnt asked during EE online submission.

in addition to the documents below what other documents can I submit back to CIC as requested(or which one should i remove?):

1. current bank account statement from jan till date capturing transfer of the bulk money from my savings to current account for the purpose of collecting a bank letter certificate and reference letter
2. letter of non indebtedness from my bank for the current account
3. salary(savings) account statement from Dec. 2014 till date showing delay payments in salaries and also capturing my mum depositing the funds in my account
4. some newspaper publication showing my state is one of those who is owing workers salary, other publications about the bail out funds, other newspaper publication about my state governor promising to pay the arrears soon, etc
5. letter of non indebtedness from my bank for the savings account
6. receipt of land sold by my parents in 2014
7 survey of the land sold
8. deed of gift by my parents signed at High court
9. affidavit of gift by my parents signed at high court
10. transfer agreement of the initial owner of the land and sales receipt issued after being sold to my parents
11. birth certificate at birth (church certificate) and NPC affidavit of birth registration
12..What other documents should i add ?

i welcome further contributions on this forum or via PM

thanks

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
wish you success

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
..**..
Congratulations to all potential immigrants and future Canadians upon victory of Liberals.
Liberals are in favor of open immigration policy of Canada and appointment of new Liberal Minister for the immigration might help to relax the immigration rules and expedite the processing of existing files faster.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
managersonline said:
..**..
Congratulations to all potential immigrants and future Canadians upon victory of Liberals.
Liberals are in favor of open immigration policy of Canada and appointment of new Liberal Minister for the immigration might help to relax the immigration rules and expedite the processing of existing files faster.
It would seem the Liberals are favorable to immigration but politicians always make promises. Time will reveal all...