+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi People,

After submitting my application and got my PER,then get a new job,do i have to inform Accra of the job for updating?
Its not a bad idea if you let them know. Send copy of new employment letter and do a written explanation informing them of this new development. I think its ok for work place verification purposes.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hi People,

After submitting my application and got my PER,then get a new job,do i have to inform Accra of the job for updating?
Well, It may not be necessary as long as it happened after you submitted the application. I changed job few months after submittimg my application back in 2011 and asked my Agent if I should notify them. I was told not to bother.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jodav3 said:
Well, It may not be necessary as long as it happened after you submitted the application. I changed job few months after submittimg my application back in 2011 and asked my Agent if I should notify them. I was told not to bother.

Hmmmmm.Just read through my PER again and observed that they should be informed of any changes including new job.What if they call your former company unknown to you and you did not inform them that you have left the place let us say for like a year.What will be the likely result?

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Afewgoodmen said:
You don't need to feel form IMM008, IF YOU WERE not requested to do that specifically.

Most times, it's only after a recent family update that you may be requested to do that. In my case, I wasn't asked to. All I sent with my passports were just the height/Date of birth/eye color chart and two passport photos for each of my family member!

AVO requests are often times individualized.
This eye colour thing how is it done?Is there a special place or you just look at the eyes and tell themm th colour...

KEMKE

Jun 26, 2011
Gofame said:
This eye colour thing how is it done?Is there a special place or you just look at the eyes and tell themm th colour...
Hi,
Eye Colour is brown for almost all blacks.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
Hmmmmm.Just read through my PER again and observed that they should be informed of any changes including new job.What if they call your former company unknown to you and you did not inform them that you have left the place let us say for like a year.What will be the likely result?
[/quote]

Gentleandrew, do as you are persuaded. It might be better to notify them. I was only trying to tell you that it may not be necessary. My job history can easily be obtained via linked in and google enquiry. That may not be applicable to everybody.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jodav3 said:

Gentleandrew, do as you are persuaded. It might be better to notify them. I was only trying to tell you that it may not be necessary. My job history can easily be obtained via linked in and google enquiry. That may not be applicable to everybody.

ok

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
News Release : New Programs Now January 2015

Offering "Express Entry" to Qualified Economic Immigrants

Actively Recruiting Talented Newcomers For the Benefit of Canada's Economy

April 8, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced that Canada's active recruitment model for economic immigration will officially be called “Express Entry.” Set to launch in January 2015, “Express Entry” is a major step forward in the transformation of Canada's immigration system into one that is fast, flexible and focused on meeting Canada's economic and labour needs.

“Express Entry” will allow for greater flexibility and better responsiveness to deal with regional labour shortages, and help fill open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers. “Express Entry” candidates who receive a valid job offer or nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be quickly invited to apply for permanent residency – a key distinction between “Express Entry” and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, which is only used to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.

Formerly referred to as “Expression of Interest”, “Express Entry” will be open to skilled immigrants and allow the government to select the best candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than those who happen to be first in line. It will also prevent backlogs and allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to better coordinate application volume with the annual immigration levels plan.

Qualified applicants can expect faster processing times of six months or less when invited to come to Canada in four key economic streams: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of the PNP.

With “Express Entry,” employers will have a key role in selecting economic immigrants and providing advice to the Government of Canada. To this end, Alexander also announced that over the course of spring 2014, CIC will work with provincial and territorial governments to hold a series of cross-Canada information sessions to provide employers with more information about this exciting new system.
Quick facts

Canada's Economic Action Plan 2014 will invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million per year ongoing to ensuring the successful implementation of Express Entry.
With Express Entry, Canada will be able to select the best candidates who are most likely to achieve success in Canada, rather than the first person in line.
The Government of Canada's new and improved Job Bank will help facilitate matches between Canadian employers and Express Entry candidates.
Having a valid job offer or provincial/territorial nomination will guarantee Express Entry candidates an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

“Express Entry promises to be a game-changer for Canadian immigration and Canada's economy. It will revolutionize the way we attract skilled immigrants, and get them working here faster. Our government is actively engaged with our provincial and territorial partners, and with employers, to make January's launch of Express Entry a success.”

Chris Alexander, Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister

Gracetrust

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
African man said:
PRAISE THE LORD SOMEBODY. OUR PRV GOT DELIVERED TO US THIS MORNING. I AM GRATEFUL TO GOD IT ENDED WELL. WE WL ALL LAUGH LAST IN JESUS NAME.

@ OLUSPE, it wl come soon. I REALLY APPRRCIATE THE LIKES OF HAKPOGUMA, GABRILLA just to mention few. In fact, uv all done so well for keeping d forum. Mama ig, THX for this forum.

To all expecting one update or the other, it is settled already. God wl fulfil his work in our lives.

Ireally appreciate you ALL.

AFRICAN MAN
African Man, Congratulations. The Lord will prosper you and your family in Canada. Shalom

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Floxzy said:
News Release : New Programs Now January 2015

Offering "Express Entry" to Qualified Economic Immigrants

Actively Recruiting Talented Newcomers For the Benefit of Canada's Economy

April 8, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced that Canada's active recruitment model for economic immigration will officially be called “Express Entry.” Set to launch in January 2015, “Express Entry” is a major step forward in the transformation of Canada's immigration system into one that is fast, flexible and focused on meeting Canada's economic and labour needs.

“Express Entry” will allow for greater flexibility and better responsiveness to deal with regional labour shortages, and help fill open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers. “Express Entry” candidates who receive a valid job offer or nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be quickly invited to apply for permanent residency – a key distinction between “Express Entry” and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, which is only used to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.

Formerly referred to as “Expression of Interest”, “Express Entry” will be open to skilled immigrants and allow the government to select the best candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than those who happen to be first in line. It will also prevent backlogs and allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to better coordinate application volume with the annual immigration levels plan.

Qualified applicants can expect faster processing times of six months or less when invited to come to Canada in four key economic streams: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of the PNP.

With “Express Entry,” employers will have a key role in selecting economic immigrants and providing advice to the Government of Canada. To this end, Alexander also announced that over the course of spring 2014, CIC will work with provincial and territorial governments to hold a series of cross-Canada information sessions to provide employers with more information about this exciting new system.
Quick facts

Canada's Economic Action Plan 2014 will invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million per year ongoing to ensuring the successful implementation of Express Entry.
With Express Entry, Canada will be able to select the best candidates who are most likely to achieve success in Canada, rather than the first person in line.
The Government of Canada's new and improved Job Bank will help facilitate matches between Canadian employers and Express Entry candidates.
Having a valid job offer or provincial/territorial nomination will guarantee Express Entry candidates an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

“Express Entry promises to be a game-changer for Canadian immigration and Canada's economy. It will revolutionize the way we attract skilled immigrants, and get them working here faster. Our government is actively engaged with our provincial and territorial partners, and with employers, to make January's launch of Express Entry a success.”

Chris Alexander, Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister
I hope they'll finish FSW2013 applications before January if they really know what they are doing.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egbe said:
I hope they'll finish FSW2013 applications before January if they really know what they are doing.

That is true because they cannot afford to be operating new scheme still having pending cases of past scheme.

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
egbe said:
Hope abi pray na prayer accra need o. ;D ;D

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
ASHELA said:
Hope abi pray na prayer accra need o. ;D ;D
Baba God please let accra open the floodgates of update this week AMEN, so that the forum can come alive again Congratulating each other thats what will wake this forum up again. :p :p :p

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
Re: application fee payment

tinuadeadebola said:
My naija people. please how do one raise the application fee bankdraft ? is a dollar denominated bank draft sufficient? i thought of using my debit card but someone says it takes time for cic to charge it and might delay the application can someone who has paid from nija please advise?

Thanks

GTB will raise draft for u in Canadian Dollars. Other wise u can use ur a master card (not the naira MC ooo)

egbe

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
PER 17-10-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
Re: application fee payment

coolK said:
GTB will raise draft for u in Canadian Dollars. Other wise u can use ur a master card (not the naira MC ooo)
I used my GTB NAIRA MasterCard and no wahalas