+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Guys please I need urgent help. I am in Canada as a student and want to apply to the Quebec program (I qualify). I have been in Canada less than 1 year. Do I submit my application for Quebec Selection Certificate to canada office or to accra office? I caanot fly to Accra for the interview. Let me know!

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
@ Kulikuli and barsindoo thanks. I'll just have to wait.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Hi All
Please has VO visited anyone's office to verify work experience claim or did they do this by phonecall? i have read the case of some countries where physical visit was conducted i dont know if they do that in Nigeria. Kulikuli, Barsindoo and all naija seniors please share your experience

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Hi All
Please has VO visited anyone's office to verify work experience claim or did they do this by phonecall? i have read the case of some countries where physical visit was conducted i dont know if they do that in Nigeria. Kulikuli, Barsindoo and all naija seniors please share your experience
depends on case to case

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
Hi All
Please has VO visited anyone's office to verify work experience claim or did they do this by phonecall? i have read the case of some countries where physical visit was conducted i dont know if they do that in Nigeria Not to my knowledge however to forestall something like that, we should all endeavour to submit genuine documents. Also present your submission in a logical manner. My 2kobo thought.. Kulikuli, Barsindoo and all naija seniors please share your experience

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Re: NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK. - payment issues

Hello,

As per payment of application fee to CIO Sydney, here's what I did.

I bought a prepaid mastercard from GTB and funded it with about 100 dollars more than needed then I submitted the details in my application. I guess I took a gamble but it paid off because my AOR was issued 3 days after my credit (or more appropriately debit) card was charged.

Others might have a different opinion but I think this was the neatest arrangement I could make.

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided
tinuadeadebola said:
Hi All
Not as far as i know. How they do the check remains unknown to me! My advice: Just try to fill in verifiable information. It's possible that they do random verifications. Alll the best!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks barsindoo and Kuli. I actually dont intend to fill incorrect information. I have worked in a federal agency here in abuja for ten years now. But i just cant imagine VO visiting my ministry such that everyone now knows that she is trying to emmigrate particularly when i have not been able to fully make up my mind on this venture.

Thanks a lot for your advise.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
kulikuli said:
Not as far as i know. How they do the check remains unknown to me! My advice: Just try to fill in verifiable information. It's possible that they do random verifications. Alll the best!
+1.
The moment they start detecting fraudulent claims, the process will become slower, as there will be the need for verifying almost every application.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prof456 said:
+1.
The moment they start detecting fraudulent claims, the process will become slower, as there will be the need for verifying almost every application. Prof that na true talk. Anyway moi brodas & sistas for this forum have shown themselves to be people of integrity. Let's keep it up.

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
kulikuli said:
The below which I obtained from one of CIC's procedural documents should help clarify this issue:

Interviews, verifications of the authenticity of documents, site visits, investigations or seeking
clarification from applicants constitute processing. These activities may be undertaken to
determine if applicants meet the minimal requirements, can be awarded points for the selection
criteria or are inadmissible.

as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor’s degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

Use of interviews
Selection standards are objective, clearly defined and can be assessed in straightforward cases
through the information provided on the application for permanent residence and the
accompanying supporting documents.
In most cases, officers should be able to make selection decisions—either to approve or refuse
applications—from the documentation provided. However, in some cases, an interview may be
necessary.
Any concerns officers have regarding the accuracy or authenticity of information or documentation
should be communicated to the applicant, whether these concerns are raised as the result of site
visits, telephone checks or other means. Concerns can be communicated to the applicant in
writing or at interview.
Officers may conduct interviews with applicants to:
• ensure that information submitted on the application is truthful and complete;
• detect and deter fraudulent information and documents;
• clarify specific information;
• conduct quality assurance.
Officers may not conduct interviews to:
• assess language abilities;
• determine personal suitability (as this factor no longer exists).
Note: Visa offices will be expected to undertake both targeted and random verifications to detect and
deter fraud. The number and percentage of cases subjected to verification should be high enough to
act as a meaningful disincentive to those who would attempt such practices. A40 makes material
misrepresentation a grounds for inadmissibility in its own right and prescribes a two-year ban on those
both directly and indirectly involved in such practices.
Interviews, site visits and telephone checks have proven to be the most effective ways to detect
and to combat fraud. The information gained at interviews where fraud is detected will help officers
to identify current trends and patterns and to refine their profiles for ongoing use.

I trust the above helps.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
chibiks said:
Guys please I need urgent help. I am in Canada as a student and want to apply to the Quebec program (I qualify). I have been in Canada less than 1 year. Do I submit my application for Quebec Selection Certificate to canada office or to accra office? I caanot fly to Accra for the interview. Let me know!
Chibiks I would suggest you create a new topic with this ur query so that you can get enough worthwhile response

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eventually i got my AOR and file number today dated 27/4/10.