+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
Tommyhenry said:
hello guys,happy new month.I received my RPRF request 27/11/2013.Pls can anybody give me an information how pay the money thru certified cheque or draft to Ghana Canadian embassy from Nigeria? The first payment made thru my friend in Canada thru money order.
CONGRAT,,, START GETTING PREPARED OPENING A DOM A/C WITH GTB AT OYIN JOLAYEMI STREET.. YOU ARE OPENING THIS A/C WITH A US DOLLAR A/C , AFTER YOU ARE DONE OPENING THE A/C, RAISE A DRAFT IN CANADIAN DOLLAR AT FUNDS TRANSFER UPSTAIRS, START GETTING TWO REFERENCES FOR YOUR DOM A/C NOW.

God's speed bro

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
kit01 said:
Hello All!,

I am new to this forum and its great talking to u guys. I applied to as FSW1 on Friday Sept 6, 2013 and received my PER/AOR from CIO on Thursday, nov 28th, 2013. I paid with bank draft(DD) which was encashed on Thursday nov. 21st 2013. I applied under chemical engineering(2134)

What's next? From what have seen so far on the profile of forum members and spreadsheet, it seems no one with AVO has received MR from Accra yet. It seems they are slow compared to those in Latin America and even china and India who are already receiving their MR and even PR visa.
Hello Kit01! First of all congrats on your PER. This feat only signals the 'wait'. You've just been enrolled into the Hakpoguma University of Patience. :)
Secondly, as we all know, processing times varies from VOs to VOs and countries. Infact, some FSW2013 from Manilla, Colombo and some other countries too whose apps were filed between May-July have received PPR and PRV respectively.
What AVO is doing is clearing the backlog and I can tell you from my calculations that they are almost over.
We should start experiencing rains of MRs before the end of the year.
As you wait for your MR, continue to enjoy and savour it doing other important things. The wait won't be forever.
Cheers

Dada-Karma

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
dada-karma said:
Hello Kit01! First of all congrats on your PER. This feat only signals the 'wait'. You've just been enrolled into the Hakpoguma University of Patience. :)
Secondly, as we all know, processing times varies from VOs to VOs and countries. Infact, some FSW2013 from Manilla, Colombo and some other countries too whose apps were filed between May-July have received PPR and PRV respectively.
What AVO is doing is clearing the backlog and I can tell you from my calculations that they are almost over.
As you wait for your MR, continue to enjoy and savour it doing other important things. The wait won't be forever.
Cheers

Dada-Karma
Hi dada-karma! Thanks for your word of encouragement. I am willing to wait and it is worth it. However I would like to know from you or any other person that got their MR or PPR, PRV recently if AVO asked for proof of sufficient funds(POF) before their MR and/or PPR, PRV apart from the one submitted with their application or simply AVO just wrote them for MR without POF? I ask so that I will start preparing to fund my accounts especially now that the process at AVO is going to be a lot faster. So far from those that got their MR recently(not FSW 2013), I didn't hear anybody talk about POF. We all need to know, especially we the FSW 2013 applicants, so that we are not caught unawares.

Also what kind of account does AVO usually request for in case they do. Is it current, savings or fixed account or even combination of any of these?

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
kit01 said:
Hi dada-karma! Thanks for your word of encouragement. I am willing to wait and it is worth it. However I would like to know from you or any other person that got their MR or PPR, PRV recently if AVO asked for proof of sufficient funds(POF) before their MR and/or PPR, PRV apart from the one submitted with their application or simply AVO just wrote them for MR without POF? I ask so that I will start preparing to fund my accounts especially now that the process at AVO is going to be a lot faster. So far from those that got their MR recently(not FSW 2013), I didn't hear anybody talk about POF. We all need to know, especially we the FSW 2013 applicants, so that we are not caught unawares.

Also what kind of account does AVO usually request for in case they do. Is it current, savings or fixed account or even combination of any of these?
Hello Kit01, its my pleasure to render help howsoever I can.
To your question, the most important thing is, try make sure you do have the POF. Of late, there hasn't been much of request for the POF but in like 2 or 3 cases in this forum and some sister forums too, I read about the request for POF which is not a very very common practise.
Also, I think POF is actually often asked before the PPR and not MR. I still reiterate that you try as much as possible to build the account, just in case they ask.
In my own case, I have a joint account with my spouse which we'll be presenting again if asked. A savings or current account will do.
Other seniors and people with ideas can also contribute.
Cheers

Dada-Karma

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dada-karma said:
Hello Kit01, its my pleasure to render help howsoever I can.
To your question, the most important thing is, try make sure you do have the POF. Of late, there hasn't been much of request for the POF but in like 2 or 3 cases in this forum and some sister forums too, I read about the request for POF which is not a very very common practise.
Also, I think POF is actually often asked before the PPR and not MR. I still reiterate that you try as much as possible to build the account, just in case they ask.
In my own case, I have a joint account with my spouse which we'll be presenting again if asked. A savings or current account will do.
Other seniors and people with ideas can also contribute.
Cheers

Dada-Karma
Thanks for your swift response. Its really appreciated. Will fixed deposit statement also suffice? In my case, I submitted fixed deposit statements for 2 months while my spouse submitted her current account balance for about 6 months. If we have to build our account especially either savings or current what do you think the minimum time should be, I mean 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, or 6 months. Ditto for fixed deposit bank statements.

If I read you correctly we should start building up the accounts because I perceive MR might come up from AVO by first quarter of next year.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
kit01 said:
Thanks for your swift response. Its really appreciated. Will fixed deposit statement also suffice? In my case, I submitted fixed deposit statements for 2 months while my spouse submitted her current account balance for about 6 months. If we have to build our account especially either savings or current what do you think the minimum time should be, I mean 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, or 6 months. Ditto for fixed deposit bank statements.

If I read you correctly we should start building up the accounts because I perceive MR might come up from AVO by first quarter of next year.
Hello, I do not think there is a minimum time taken to build the account. Infact, I advise you start right away. You can as well fund your existing account intermittently to save you the stress of starting a new one. I bet they're all the same. I do not know much about account types though ;)
Meanwhile, as it appears that AVO processes might be very fast henceforth, I think you should do the needful ASAP.
I wish you and all yours all da best always!

Dada-Karma

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dada-karma said:
Hello, I do not think there is a minimum time taken to build the account. Infact, I advise you start right away. You can as well fund your existing account intermittently to save you the stress of starting a new one. I bet they're all the same. I do not know much about account types though ;)
Meanwhile, as it appears that AVO processes might be very fast henceforth, I think you should do the needful ASAP.
I wish you and all yours all da best always!

Dada-Karma
Thanks for your advise. I will start right away. I wish you and your family the very best.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
kit01 said:
Thanks for your advise. I will start right away. I wish you and your family the very best.
You're welcome always! wish you and all yours same too!
Cheers

Dada-Karma

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
@ dada Karma, yous is become the Mandie of this generation. keep the good work up and very soon , yous will be crowned Champion member!
@ Vmaac, congrats

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
jodav3 said:
@ dada Karma, yous is become the Mandie of this generation. keep the good work up and very soon , yous will be crowned Champion member!
@ Vmaac, congrats
Jodav my very personal person :) :) :) I can never step into Mandie's shoes! They're too big for me. She's such a rare-gem!
So lolling @ Champion Member! We're all helping each other to scratch our backs ni!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Tommyhenry said:
hello guys,happy new month.I received my RPRF request 27/11/2013.Pls can anybody give me an information how pay the money thru certified cheque or draft to Ghana Canadian embassy from Nigeria? The first payment made thru my friend in Canada thru money order.
Congrats Tommyhenry on receipt of your MR.
You can either raise a certified cheque (bank draft) in US or Canadian Dollars to support your RPRF payment. In my own case I used the US dollar - please check the AVO website, it will direct you on the currency type that is acceptable by them. Either you open a domiliciary account or you use a reliable friend's account to raise the Bank draft. Not mandatory for you to use the Canadian Dollars only as the means of payment.
Wish you luck as you progress next step. Cheers.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dada-karma said:
Cheers

Dada-Karma
Seconded - you need to have patience. Waiting is key!!.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kit01 said:

Thanks, Kit01. POF is usually asked by AVO during MR stage - from experience, this is randomly done to applicants. So to avoid any 'surprises', you are advised to manage your POF well - to avoid serious stress on you, based on the AVO deadline (60 days) you will be asked to provide same.
The request here is for physical cash whilst at this stage - so having Fixed deposit certificate, huge Bank account statements, etc in line with AVO minimum cash balance for the size of family are key points.
Asset evaluation reports and pension statements are good to have, but may not be helpful at this stage. CIC wants to ensure if you are provided with your PRV today, are you able to make the trip and settle the family within the deadline for you to be in your new country - Canada. So manage your POF well well ooo to avoid 'surprises'

Eni

Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-12
AOR Received.
02-05-12
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
This is to wish everybody in the house a happy new month.this month shall bring good things to us in Jesus name amen. It shall be loads of updates (MRs, PPRs &PRVS).this shall be our lot in Jesus name amen.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Eni said:
This is to wish everybody in the house a happy new month.this month shall bring good things to us in Jesus name amen. It shall be loads of updates (MRs, PPRs &PRVS).this shall be our lot in Jesus name amen.
AMEN