+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
vmaac said:
Hello All,

We just receive our Medical Request this afternoon!

Thanks be to the GOD our maker and the One that does as He pleases.. I pray that more of this will keep showering in.. LOAs, AORs,MRs, PPRs and PRVs in JESUS NAME!

Thank you peeps!
Congrats Vmaac!!.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
babakura said:
I will begi fun eee if u there ask for gcms ... You havent receive MR u talking of gcms .. gcms ko ABCD ni

Easy on yea ..

Pls dont forward any info cos you dont know if hes got a criminal record or bad credit or he got his papers thru asylum make katakata no go burst ooo .. pls leave it as it is abeg ....
;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p

Boluwatife

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Med's Request
Eagerly waiting
Interview........
Not for me
Passport Req..
Soon and very soon
sanmi13 said:
CIO will reply you in 20 days so you need not send them anymore mail now until after the time.

I observed that CIO still accept applications sent in till the end of August in your Noc so for your application to have been received on the 31st of July is ok. However for you not to have gotten any charge from them isn't comforting.

What was ur mode of payment, CC or DD?

I think I'll advice you do what a senior once said in this forum. Pray,pray and Pray and let's expect a miracle....after all thats one good thing every Nigerians do a lot.

God luck bro!
Thanks,
I used my mastercard debit card that we know as atm card. The bank is StanbicIBTC. I am really believing God. Do you think the issue is my mode of payment?

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thanks be to the GOD our maker and the One that does as He pleases.. I pray that more of this will keep showering in.. LOAs, AORs,MRs, PPRs and PRVs in JESUS NAME!

Thank you peeps!
vmaac, congrats

African man

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-02-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH INITIAL APPLICATION TO NS
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-02-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2014 IJNA
LANDED..........
2014 IJNA
@ Vmaac, congrats on ur MR.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thank you peeps!

congratulations on your MR.

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thank you peeps!
Congratulations vmaac!!! I've seen you've done your medicals already. You certainly don't like wasting time, do you? :D :D :D Cheers!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I just saw this from a sister blog about the validity of ecas updates in our application process. I hope you will find it useful....happy reading:

One thing everyone must understand that the e-cas is not our Case Progress Record. It's just a guideline that generally suggests where our application stand as in 3 stages only:

1. Apps received,
2. The case is under processing,
3. A decision has been made concerning our application.

The 'in process' is the maximum time our apps shall be in, while a 'decision made' would only occur once our Visa/s r stamped or there's [unfortunately] a 'rejection'. The only interim report we might get under 'in process' is when the CHC receives our Med reports -after it has been ratified by Ottawa. Then it starts showing 'Med Results Received' -inside the 'in process'.

So, while at 'in process' [which stays put the longest] we have no recourse to find out what is happening, under what situation our file is, how [further] it is progressing etc. And, at most times, frustration sets in.

Moreover, the e-cas is not generated by our VOs, neither at the CHC level. It is done by the MIS cell at Ottawa. As per the SOP of the CIC, the VO needs to inform 'on system' the above 3 situations [only] to the MIS cell. And they generate the e-cas accordingly.

When 'in process' commences:
When the VO 'accepts' our file -that is, once s/he has a cursory check that all documentation is correct & we match the point requirements, s/he updates on the system that the file is being put under b/ground check. Then the MIS cell puts-up the 'in process' banner. It 'only' means that b/ground checks r going on. It doesn't mean that all is completed, we might be asked for any further docs yet & might land-up an interview as well. It's all part of the b/ground check process.

When the 'decision made' comes-up:
Down the line, during any stage of the b/ground check, if the VO disapproves a case file, s/he intimates same 'online'; & then the MIS cell flags-up the 'decision made' banner.
OR
When, after receiving the pps [after meds]; and once the Security Check returns a 'go ahead', the VO forwards our pps to the PHEP section [in the CHC]. As they stamp the visa/s & the Program Director's sign & 'sticker' is placed on the Visa/s & COPR, they update 'online' a 'PHEP complete' report. Hence the e-cas changes to 'decision made'.

Note:
Now, with the various sections & offices involved, the e-cas might take time to update from the date of actual action. And there could be admin laxity, overlogging etc, that might also delay the e-cas update. or there could be 'Errors' as well. So, it is actually Not a very reliable tool to check our case progress. Plus, it is a very generic data, which doesn't perfectly relate to our case progress. Thus, in cases of inordinate delays, it's always wise to obtain our CAIPS Notes.

I hope the foregoing clarified some aspects of the e-cas.

Good luck.
Qorax

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thanks be to the GOD our maker and the One that does as He pleases.. I pray that more of this will keep showering in.. LOAs, AORs,MRs, PPRs and PRVs in JESUS NAME

Thank you peeps!

Congrats @ vmaac

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hope this Qorax Details will clear your point related to BFD.
--------------
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
----------

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Hapkoguma thanks for posting those.

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thank you peeps!
Bros eee, Congrats! I hail oooo, you don shaperly do the medicals. Great move.
Your desire to get the ugwu leaves before year end as discussed is coming to pass In Jesus Name Amen.

@ All, let's keep our expectations high as more positive updates are underway.
DyDx

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Thank you peeps!
Congratulations Vmaac, success all the way is certain IJMN..

M5

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
10-1-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-11-2013
Interview........
To be waived In Shaa Allah.
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
vmaac said:
Hello All,

Congrats Vmaac, all the best in the remaining process.

@ all forum members, have a wonderful and restful weekend, may the coming week be heavily ladden with positive updates for each and everyone by God grace.
Thank you peeps!